Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 12:58:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD FLY THREAD  (Read 163613 times)
xProphet

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:42:31 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 04:04:23 PM by xProphet

Hmmm... Maybe spend some time and generate special wallets for Cryptopia?
For example, starting with FeXCH or like this. Then, all Cryptopia wallets should be connected to the only one node (for example, the one running SuperFLY wallet).
This node will check only this kind of addresses and operate transactions and send coins to the destination wallet without fees. Also the Anti-Dumping system may be implemented here.
Everyone does a claim for addresses. They are need to be hard-coded into that node. If there was a big (>50%) withdraw from this wallet, the supernode (idk how to call it) will reject the transaction.
If supernode has rejected the transaction, other nodes will reject too. If confirmed, then other nodes will confirm it too.

^ this time I was hurrying haha.
So, here is my idea. Create and host a special node only for Cryptopia wallets. The node needs to be hardcoded, so all Cryptopia wallets will have connection to this only node (I guess, disable "node seeding"). This node (I will call it CN for short) will confirm all transaction going from/to Cryptopia wallets and just return paid fee to the destination wallet. Other nodes needs to "understand" and give priority to this node: if this node rejects a transaction (here an anti-dump system needs to be implemented), then all network needs to reject a transaction. This node needs to be for only Cryptopia wallets, if won't operate (using some filters, maybe) normal transactions from usual wallets (W for short), but if will be connected to another nodes (N for short) and "listening" for any in/out-coming transaction to Cryptopia wallets.

So, if user wants to send FLY to a non-exchange wallet, the transaction goes like this:
W -> N -> W.

If user wants to send his FLY to exchange, the transaction goes like this:
W -> N -> CN -> (exchange wallet)

I drew a picture for better understanding

This may sound really stupid, I know
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:47:21 PM

For example, starting with FeXCH or like this. Then, all Cryptopia wallets should be connected to the only one node (for example, the one running SuperFLY wallet).
This node will check only this kind of addresses and operate transactions and send the fee to the destination wallet without fees.

Its not stupid. There are no stupid ideas here. This was a great idea actually and was talked about a lot as an idea in team fly thread, but I will have to look and see why it was not used.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:54:50 PM

This node will check only this kind of addresses and operate transactions and send coins to the destination wallet without fees. Also the Anti-Dumping system may be implemented here.
Everyone does a claim for addresses. They are need to be hard-coded into that node. If there was a big (>50%) withdraw from this wallet, the supernode (idk how to call it) will reject the transaction.
If supernode has rejected the transaction, other nodes will reject too. If confirmed, then other nodes will confirm it too.

^ this time I was hurrying haha.
So, here is my idea. Create and host a special node only for Cryptopia wallets. The node needs to be hardcoded, so all Cryptopia wallets will have connection to this only node (I guess, disable "node seeding"). This node (I will call it CN for short) will confirm all transaction going from/to Cryptopia wallets and just return paid fee to the destination wallet. Other nodes needs to "understand" and give priority to this node: if this node rejects a transaction (here an anti-dump system needs to be implemented), then all network needs to reject a transaction. This node needs to be for only Cryptopia wallets, if won't operate (using some filters, maybe) normal transactions from usual wallets (W for short), but if will be connected to another nodes (N for short) and "listening" for any in/out-coming transaction to Cryptopia wallets.

So, if user wants to send FLY to a non-exchange wallet, the transaction goes like this:
W -> N -> W.

If user wants to send his FLY to exchange, the transaction goes like this:
W -> N -> CN -> (exchange wallet)

I drew a picture for better understanding

there is no way to tell which transaction is a cryptopia wallet and which isnt when that CN node is processing things, also this leaves cryptopia with if that one node goes down they are stuck. they are now relying on one node to keep the chain synced. and that one node now has to keep the same rules as the rest of the nodes in the block chain otherwise it wont sync itself either. i like the idea but i feel cutting down the nodes to get to an exchange is a coin killing idea. thank you for the input though!

the code for all wallets should be kept the same (meaning there shouldnt be a special wallet for any 1 node or exchange) so the situation can be duplicated by another exchange at any time in the future
Mark Zuckerberg

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Yes. The answer is yes.

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:08:42 PM

This node will check only this kind of addresses and operate transactions and send the fee to the destination wallet without fees.

Its not stupid. There are no stupid ideas here. This was a great idea actually and was talked about a lot as an idea in team fly thread, but I will have to look and see why it was not used.

Vegas

Actually, you're wrong.  What you are doing here would be considered "stupid" by the MAJORITY of people.

This is not innovation.  This is some schmuck with a hobby who found a few bagholder followers.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:20:07 PM

** It MUST EXEMPT EVERYONE from withdrawal fees from our exchange Crytopia. (THIS is really the challange, the other two we have completed), so focus here.**
(NOTE: MANY have suggested sending an "exchange wallet" to Crytopia with special settings. They have already agreed to accept this. But be careful. If its so different, it will be rejected by the network.

AND

It must exempt only one wallet from sending fees and that is superfly wallet (we have already accomplished this).

Your idea MUST work upon completion of the code to claim bounty.

Good luck.

Vegas

Question is your superfly wallet limited to only one address that can send out without the fee, or does it have multiple addresses that can send out without a fee?

Cool

trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 05:21:01 PM

just throwing my idea: put a daily limit cap in wallet for sending coins out and maybe a function in wallet showing remaining daily limit. it should reset every day. receiving funds should remain without limitation. could work as a antidump system..

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
FogHorn_LegHorn

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:58:01 PM

Vegas

Vegas, can't you just do a simple "if, then" in the code. So if X amount of coins are sent, then X amount goes to address X (Superfly).

OR, why not an adaptation of Multisend and have amounts hardcoded? So you send between 1-1000 you pay X amount of coins to address X. You send 1000 -2000 X and so on.

OR, just have a flat rate tax on all transactions no matter where they are sent. Prolly the easiest to do IMO.

OR, two wallets (One for sending only and one for receiving only) combined to look as one GUI? Can you even split the code? Don't know anything about that.

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:02:59 PM

Ok we may have someone that has solved this. We need time to code and test, then bounty paid.  Please hold ideas.

Thanks

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:53:56 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 07:19:06 PM by Griffith

Solution:
add another address type to the enum in CBitcoinAddress class in base58.h
have the wallet running in an exchangewallet mode use that enum for addresses, the addresses from exchange wallets using this selection from the enum will use a different address formatting than standard user wallet so they are easily identifiable by the network. the new exchange addresses will have a different and for the most part higher fee structure when receiving coins but be exempt from fees when sending coins. since all wallets will have the code there is no need for special nodes.

this solves the free withdrawl problem, and keeps the anti-dumping system in place.

problem solved

EDIT: when sending from an exchange address to another exchange address. the higher fees when recieving would overrule the free sending. This prevents people from the incentive to run thier own wallets in exchange mode and prevents moving around from exchange to exchange to manipulate the market (or something like that)
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:25:53 PM

Solution:
add another address type to the enum in CBitcoinAddress class in base58.h
have the wallet running in an exchangewallet mode use that enum for addresses, the addresses from exchange wallets using this selection from the enum will use a different address formatting than standard user wallet so they are easily identifiable by the network. the new exchange addresses will have a different and for the most part higher fee structure when receiving coins but be exempt from fees when sending coins. since all wallets will have the code there is no need for special nodes.

this solves the free withdrawl problem, and keeps the anti-dumping system in place.

problem solved

EDIT: when sending from an exchange address to another exchange address. the higher fees when recieving would overrule the free sending. This prevents people from the incentive to run thier own wallets in exchange mode and prevents moving around from exchange to exchange to manipulate the market (or something like that)

So we will begin to implement this, and if/when it works, bounty will be paid.

Vegas

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:51:02 PM

To solve the dump problem I have an (maybe really stupid) idea. Why not create your own exchange, and ask to exchanges that trade FLY to delist it ? This way the only way to trade it would be to use FlyExchange. There you could set up the rules you want, like prohibition to trade too big amounts, restrictions on withdraws and deposits etc.
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 07:56:32 PM

To solve the dump problem I have an (maybe really stupid) idea. Why not create your own exchange, and ask to exchanges that trade FLY to delist it ? This way the only way to trade it would be to use FlyExchange. There you could set up the rules you want, like prohibition to trade too big amounts, restrictions on withdraws and deposits etc.

Have u concrete examples? Would appreciate it, to read about ur proposals!

Greetz
Meta

Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:01:15 PM

this would work, and the original idea as i understand it was to have cryptoipa to be the only exchange. but as you can see it is an open source wallet and yobit added flycoin. so now people trading over there are going to get the short end of the stick. so it is best to come up with a solution that allows an exchange to jump in and out as it sees fit to make sure people dont get screwed by some exchanges not having the right code yet trying to run a flycoin wallet for trading anyway
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:04:33 PM

Greetz
Meta

So let's me explain. Since my proposal is based on the delisting of FLY from YoBit and Cryptopia, I'll assume that it is the case for that exemple. So if it is only traded on FlyExchange, the only way to buy some FLY is to use FlyExchange or to buy directly from a member. Since the second possibility is really a minority, I won't take care of it. On FlyExchange, you can set different rules.

Some of my proposals would be that there is no fee for buying but a tax on selling, that some days it is impossible to sell, that some days it is impossible to withdraw etc.

About what option would you like to hear more ?

this would work, and the original idea as i understand it was to have cryptoipa to be the only exchange. but as you can see it is an open source wallet and yobit added flycoin. so now people trading over there are going to get the short end of the stick. so it is best to come up with a solution that allows an exchange to jump in and out as it sees fit to make sure people dont get screwed by some exchanges not having the right code yet trying to run a flycoin wallet for trading anyway

To solve this, a solution would be that FlyExchange has no fee at all, or a fidelity program or something like this, that provide an incentive for people to use it instead of other exchanges.
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 08:39:18 PM

Greetz
Meta

So let's me explain. Since my proposal is based on the delisting of FLY from YoBit and Cryptopia, I'll assume that it is the case for that exemple. So if it is only traded on FlyExchange, the only way to buy some FLY is to use FlyExchange or to buy directly from a member. Since the second possibility is really a minority, I won't take care of it. On FlyExchange, you can set different rules.

Some of my proposals would be that there is no fee for buying but a tax on selling, that some days it is impossible to sell, that some days it is impossible to withdraw etc.

To solve this, a solution would be that FlyExchange has no fee at all, or a fidelity program or something like this, that provide an incentive for people to use it instead of other exchanges.

There is the person to person sell problem. Even if no exchange exists, we need to do something to stop people from dumping the coin by simply selling it to another person directly.

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 08:41:10 PM

Greetz
Meta

There is the person to person sell problem. Even if no exchange exists, we need to do something to stop people to dump the coin by simply selling it to another person directly.
From person to person, u will lose the amount on FLY for fees!

GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 08:45:01 PM

Then probably the solution is: No exchange at all! Smiley

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
Fallout4

Activity: 365
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:29:12 PM

I still don't get the constant drive to enforce all these rules on trading. Its going to kill this coin before it grows any legs.
If I am not mistaken the vast majority of coins are already held by the FLY team so unless you do not have any trust in them dumping, what is the point of making it so hard for people to want to buy into this coin?

Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:44:38 PM

I don't think that a person to person sell is something bad, even if it is an hard dump. Since this is far from exchanges, no one will be aware of it am that won't affect the market.
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:15:52 PM

I don't think that a person to person sell is something bad, even if it is an hard dump. Since this is far from exchanges, no one will be aware of it am that won't affect the market.

Exactly. If 2 people want to take a chance on an OTC - person to person trade, that wont hurt the price of fly. I say let them take that risk . Someone will get burned eventually.

But we have our solution that we are going with for now.

Vegas

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: