Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:25:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Synergy create the first decentralized pump group?  (Read 785 times)
ridery99 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:52:22 PM

Can Synergy create first decentralized pump group? Can grandpa really achieve his goal to make everyone able to create profits with synergy pumps or is the tech too complicated to achieve? Let's have a discussion.

Synergy is about a allowing people to collaborate without direct interaction, to work towards a mutually beneficial goal. Synergy fuses its community with technology such that the community becomes an autonomous actor working on beahlf of the individuals, even if the individuals are not aware that they are part of something much larger than themselves.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1070124.0
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 07:27:38 PM

Can Synergy create first decentralized pump group? Can grandpa really achieve his goal to make everyone able to create profits with synergy pumps or is the tech too complicated to achieve? Let's have a discussion.

Synergy is about a allowing people to collaborate without direct interaction, to work towards a mutually beneficial goal. Synergy fuses its community with technology such that the community becomes an autonomous actor working on beahlf of the individuals, even if the individuals are not aware that they are part of something much larger than themselves.

The "tech" is almost done, with enough people anything is possible.

All I've seen is update after update from Granpa Jones and I'm going to hold this one for a while.

lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:36:25 PM

I agree with the post above that it is not about the tech, but more about the coin that is chosen and how many people participate.  Based on what I have seen so far, Grandpa Jones is pretty damn methodical so I'm fairly confident this will work. 

Once people see a first small scale pump actually work, they'll progressively get bigger and bigger I think. Just gotta have a little faith in the system.

Marcus Augustus

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:43:41 PM

This is an interesting coin with some eclectic features. I guess I haven't heard of it because of the low market cap. The quote is unusual too and is difficult to interpret. It reminds me of the Foundation Trilogy from Isaac Asimov where a mathematician mapped out future human history with equations.

The pump group seems to be an experiment. I don't know if we can make a good prediction here. It depends on the coins and what resources the devs have to pump the coins they pick. I wouldn't buy into any coin if it's not low already. I don't think it's a bad thing to try this. It will be good for whatever coins they choose, which will most likely see a spike in value. Some coins get pumped and never go back down. This SynergyCoin seems to be a good example if you look at its price history in relation to the pumps it has had.

I'd say it's a good bet anyway, just from the charts. The market cap is still low and it responds very well to pumps.
ridery99 (OP)

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:02:00 AM

To-Do for Pump Group Release

• scan for previous registrations to know which stealth transactions will relay the pick for the current pump
  • scan for said stealth transaction and extract the pick information
  • scan transactions belonging to the registration address to report the minimum balance
  • gui refinements (lock input fields for manual entry and other "fool-proofing")
  • full-cycle testing and associated debugging
  • block reward adjustment (assuming consensus for higher rewards remains unchallenged)
  • deployment (versioning, building, & bundling)

So I should buy and participate? It's not a scam?
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 03:28:21 AM

• scan for previous registrations to know which stealth transactions will relay the pick for the current pump
  • scan transactions belonging to the registration address to report the minimum balance
  • gui refinements (lock input fields for manual entry and other "fool-proofing")
  • block reward adjustment (assuming consensus for higher rewards remains unchallenged)

Nothing in that list looks like a scam to me and is all very possible.

ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:49:35 AM

Decentralized pump? Who will buy it if everybody know that?
Marcus Augustus

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:50:57 AM

I don't think the to do list is a scam, but hey it's fun to throw the word scam around.
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 03:55:56 AM

Have you ever bought into a pump not knowing what was going on? If you did know what was going on and knew exactly where you stood as far as the pump goes, wouldn't that seem profitable?

The point is to hold SNRG and gain access to information.  There's no funny business, period.  A coin is chosen and the rest is handled by the blockchain.  Nobody to manipulate the group because they dont know who the group is.

Marcus Augustus

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:19:37 AM

I think I get the drift of your topic here now that I think about it. You are honestly wondering whether you should buy in, maybe to get a jump on others before this release, if it ever comes to pass. If you can get cheap coins then you can get a good position in the pump group.

I'd say this is a legitimate concern. It looks interesting to me. I haven't looked through to see if I should get in. But what I would and might do is look through the back posts by the dev and see if he's had a good history. Does he have other to do lists, made any promises, and delivered? Then check out the github page and see if the commits show any real ability. That I can do quickly. Look at https://github.com/Grandpa-Jones/Synergy/commits/master

I count that he has 39 commits. That's quite a few for a coin this young. The question is if any in there show any knowhow. Most seem to be maintenance or bug fixes, but 3c2d471 has a bunch of new lines. Maybe you should test if that commit worked. The meat of it is a new console command called getturboredemption. Look at https://github.com/Grandpa-Jones/Synergy/commit/3c2d4719f90d8457a1a11c033204d2bf293effc0

My assessment is that this dev knows how to code, probably good enough to do what he is saying. Again, all indicators point to a good outcome. Don't blame me if the price goes down, but my best guess is that it will probably go up. The pump group is a different story. No one has tried it yet. But I think that is the point of crypto.
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:16:37 AM

I think I get the drift of your topic here now that I think about it. You are honestly wondering whether you should buy in, maybe to get a jump on others before this release, if it ever comes to pass. If you can get cheap coins then you can get a good position in the pump group.

I'd say this is a legitimate concern. It looks interesting to me. I haven't looked through to see if I should get in. But what I would and might do is look through the back posts by the dev and see if he's had a good history. Does he have other to do lists, made any promises, and delivered? Then check out the github page and see if the commits show any real ability. That I can do quickly. Look at https://github.com/Grandpa-Jones/Synergy/commits/master

I count that he has 39 commits. That's quite a few for a coin this young. The question is if any in there show any knowhow. Most seem to be maintenance or bug fixes, but 3c2d471 has a bunch of new lines. Maybe you should test if that commit worked. The meat of it is a new console command called getturboredemption. Look at https://github.com/Grandpa-Jones/Synergy/commit/3c2d4719f90d8457a1a11c033204d2bf293effc0

My assessment is that this dev knows how to code, probably good enough to do what he is saying. Again, all indicators point to a good outcome. Don't blame me if the price goes down, but my best guess is that it will probably go up. The pump group is a different story. No one has tried it yet. But I think that is the point of crypto.

Thank you for the technical assessment.  Looking at your back posts, your opinion is appreciated.

Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:13:05 AM

This might be what you are looking for.

New Release: Low Diff Syncronization Fix

This new version fixes a problem with syncronization when the PoS difficulty gets too low.

The source and Qt links in the OP have been updated to v1.1.1.0 (protocol version 62002), please update the latest version ASAP.

You will also notice an additional tab in the Qt that was not present in the past. 

This new tab is the beginning of Grandpa's Decentralized Pump Group.  The styling/formatting will be updated and the fields will become functional in the next update. I decided to leave the tab in for today's bug fix because it would be too much trouble to take out. Please be assured that it will look much better with the next release in a few days. Complete details along with a dedicated website will be coming soon.  Please stay tuned to the thread for more information.

Below are a few common questions and answers, please add questions in the thread and we will update with a response.

How much will it cost me to join the group?
For each round, 2 SNRG.  This is simply to cover transaction costs for communication.  Yes, you read that correct, 2 SNRG (.00008634 BTC at time of posting).

Why should I join?  There are other paid groups out there.
The majority of what you are seeing in those threads are posts by shill accounts and results are fabricated.  This group will have anonymous members, only identifiable by their SNRG address.  Once the coin is chosen, the fate of the pump is completely up to the market to decide what happens.  Also, we only "charge" 2 SNRG as explained above.

How do I become eligible to participate?
Simply hold SNRG in your wallet and follow the instructions to enter for each round.  Step-by-step instructions will be provided upon opening of first round.

How many SNRG do I need to hold?
Levels within the group will be determined based on the balance of the address you register and verify each round.  The more you hold, the earlier you'll receive the tip.  Additional details for levels to be released soon.

How will coins be chosen?
The team and I will evaluate and determine the coins.  We will look for coins that are not on a high from a pump and have been "baselining" for a while. These coins will be easily pumped, low cap, but have active devs and communities. In short, they will have all the features of a breakout coin that only needs a gentle push up to explode.  If you have suggestions, please let us know via PM.

How and when will I receive notification of the chosen coin?
You will receive the encrypted notification in your Qt in the new panel when the time has come for your level.  Wallets holding more SNRG will be notified first.

How is this group "decentralized"?
The mechanism to control registration and ensure you are part of the group is decentralized.  You must have a balance to receive the notification of the coin to be pumped.  The decentralized ledger is also used for encrypted communication.

Will you tell me when to buy/sell?
No. But you will want to do both before others. Your success during the pump comes from having early knowledge which will be determined by your balance.

What can I do to help make this successful?
Spread the word about SNRG and the group!  The more people that join, the more successful everyone will be.

Ten-Hut!
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 06:57:00 AM

i'm pretty new here but you don't actually believe that BS you're spewing right?  there's no way this is going to work.  i will bet on it.

Your name is ridiculously offensive.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: