Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If double spending is such an issue and VNL solved it, where is the press?  (Read 5514 times)
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:07:41 AM

As the link to the deleted post above apparently reveals, IRC is not a permanent record. We communicate here in the public view where (normally) information doesn't disappear and is also available for all Bitcoin interested folks to view now and as an archive.

May I suggest irccloud.com, it keeps 3rd party logs quite nicely.  
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:16:46 AM

As the link to the deleted post above apparently reveals, IRC is not a permanent record. We communicate here in the public view where (normally) information doesn't disappear and is also available for all Bitcoin interested folks to view now and as an archive.

Feel free to point me to a link of all his justifications against our claims of attacks. I will review if you do. I am not a dishonest person. If he teaches me something, I will admit it.

I will not go searching for it, if you do not provide it. This forum is very convenient for me.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:20:08 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 04:13:01 PM by TPTB_need_war

B) double spend was already (and actually) solved by satoshi

Except he didn't really as Bitcoin has had histories of double spends. How can it be solved if it's happened before?

NOTHING IS SECURE. I repeat, NOTHING is secure.

Actually it can be made provably and 100% secure. Again I don't want to advertise.

Why do you think I am not interested in expending too much effort attacking a dubious claim when it can be solved with a stronger claim.

As Fuserleer said, we just want to warn readers that VNL's claims are challenged by peers who have been working on solving these issues for the past 2 years.

Who ever has the correct solution is going to end up generating a $billion+ market cap. All the developers will migrate to it. So we surely wouldn't trash that which is the perfected solution. None of us are that irrational.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:26:01 AM

Feel free to point me to a link of all his justifications against our claims of attacks. I will review if you do. I am not a dishonest person. If he teaches me something, I will admit it.

I will not go searching for it, if you do not provide it. This forum is very convenient for me.

Here's the thing, of people really cared for the answer they would go to IRC, spend all of 3 seconds to log in, doesnt even ask for a password and ask the damn question directly to JC. Until then you just look like you are full of shit.

If you genuinely think you aren't then go ask and look like the smarter guy, it's not like you dont spend hours and hours on here so don't pull the I'm too busy line, as soon as I post you pop up, you must be on here around the clock.

So anything you make will be tarnished by the fact you seem full of shit from the gecko. For your benefit AND if you are correct you better go question what is by your endeavour your major competitor you are happy to FUd but not actually question.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:26:35 AM

I'm not an expert

And Fuserleer and I are more expert than you. So why do you think we are acting irrationally? You think we would trash the perfected technological solution so we could go work on an inferior one. That would be illogical. We'd be wasting our effort and time.

We looked at his white paper with great interest.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:28:40 AM

Stop telling me I need to chase the anonymous "john conner" around to his preferred hiding places, after he has already lied to the entire community and he produced a white paper that afaics did not do what he claimed it would do.

He can come here where we are. If not, then stop advertising here. Go advertise in IRC.

Are you paying me to waste my time? I made a judgment that he is not worthy based on the above. It is up to him to repair his reputation here. He seems not to care.

Come on man, stop acting like an imbecile. I think you are grown up already. My rate is $455k + stock options annually. Can you pay that?

Do you realize you are talking to top developers! Be a bit more respectful of our time please. It is a finite resource.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:34:50 AM

Stop telling me I need to chase the anonymous "john conner" around to his preferred hiding places, after he has already lied to the entire community and he produced a white paper that did not do what he claimed it would do.

He can come here where we are. If not, then stop advertising here. Go advertise in IRC.

Are you paying me to waste my time? I made a judgment that he is not worthy based on the above. It is up to him to repair his reputation here. He seems not to care.

But it's you who have criticised VNL in a public place, it is you that has spread FUD, it's is you who should be the man to go directly to the one you have decided to criticise. JC doesn't care what you think, but owners of the coin are being damaged by your FUD. Your clearly a bullshitter. Even more hilarious that you say you solved double spend just after looking into VNL.  Roll Eyes

I'll be on you like a rash if you start advertising your tech, it's the least you deserve for your cowardice. Your best option as is Fuseleers is to go and challenge JC otherwise don't even bother trying to plug your tech on this forum......you will be labelled as copiers of VNL ideas. It's in your interest to show in some detail you have a better solution directly to JC or you guys will always be second to solve something........no prizes for second.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:40:18 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 03:45:27 AM by TPTB_need_war

This also explains why we can't steal coins, yet the algorithm remains unsuitable for a reliable 0-confirmation proposal.

There is the proof right there that either "john conner" is a liar or he is not expert. Why would he tell you that stealing coins is the test of veracity when in fact it can not be the test.

That is another incriminating evidence that he is duping the community. Add that to the lies about the source code.

You have enough signals already. If you continue to be duped, that is your own problem.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:42:28 AM

But it's you who have criticised VNL in a public place, it is you that has spread FUD, it's is you who should be the man to go directly to the one you have decided to criticise. JC doesn't care what you think...

I'll be on you like a rash if you start advertising your tech, it's the least you deserve for your cowardice...

Loser. You will be a loser your entire life. Disrespecting a top developer isn't smart.

Have fun attacking it. You'll be resoundingly ignored.

I tried to help you, but you are determined to be duped. Go ahead. You'll get exactly what you deserve.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:48:07 AM

But it's you who have criticised VNL in a public place, it is you that has spread FUD, it's is you who should be the man to go directly to the one you have decided to criticise. JC doesn't care what you think...

I'll be on you like a rash if you start advertising your tech, it's the least you deserve for your cowardice...

Loser. You will be a loser your entire life.

Have fun attacking it. You'll be resoundingly ignored.

I tried to help you, but you are determined to be duped. Go ahead. You'll get exactly what you deserve.

Trust me if you thought JC had a rough ride with his no nonsense direct personality you haven't even tasted how bad it's gonna be for someone like you who has spent so much effort to FUD a project and is clearly not diplomatic.......You got a world of pain ahead of you. like I said you best bet is to look like a straight guy and go to JC. How do you expect not to have your tech ripped apart among claims of plagiarism in this situation....you are more of a wackjob than I thought if so. Dude you discovered your ideas after you read his white paper and code....what hope do you have?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 02:49:05 AM

Stop telling me I need to chase the anonymous "john conner" around to his preferred hiding places, after he has already lied to the entire community and he produced a white paper that did not do what he claimed it would do.

But it's you who have criticised VNL in a public place, it is you that has spread FUD, it's is you who should be the man to go directly to the one you have decided to criticise. JC doesn't care what you think, but owners of the coin are being damaged by your FUD. Your clearly a bullshitter. Even more hilarious that you say you solved double spend just after looking into VNL.  Roll Eyes

I'll be on you like a rash if you start advertising your tech, it's the least you deserve for your cowardice. Your best option as is Fuseleers is to go and challenge JC otherwise don't even bother trying to plug your tech on this forum......you will be labelled as copiers of VNL ideas. It's in your interest to show in some detail you have a better solution directly to JC or you guys will always be second to solve something........no prizes for second.

You posted this thread here to get an answer here from the people here. You got it. Now accept it or go to IRC and hide with JC.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:49:09 AM

I'm saying I'm too tired of debating this and the next step for having it reviewed is to put it out in something more widely read. 30 seconds with Google suggests something like http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentIssue.jsp?reload=true&punumber=71 but there may well be better suited journals.

That said, fairly certain a major netsplit (i.e. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_submarine_cable_disruption) would render parts of the network unreachable from other parts, creating a fork there's no way of reconciling until the network is repaired. I didn't read it as he was claiming that's solved, but it's still a double-spend risk.

I honestly think the Bitcoin casual community has plenty of experts...

Yet you say all of them are FUD. And you say we have to leave here and go to IRC to get the anonymous, liar "john conner" on record here.

Roll Eyes Cry

Losers just have it in their genes I guess.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:50:54 AM

I'm saying I'm too tired of debating this and the next step for having it reviewed is to put it out in something more widely read. 30 seconds with Google suggests something like http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentIssue.jsp?reload=true&punumber=71 but there may well be better suited journals.

That said, fairly certain a major netsplit (i.e. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_submarine_cable_disruption) would render parts of the network unreachable from other parts, creating a fork there's no way of reconciling until the network is repaired. I didn't read it as he was claiming that's solved, but it's still a double-spend risk.

I honestly think the Bitcoin casual community has plenty of experts...

Yet you say all of them are FUD. And you say we have to leave here and go to IRC to get the anonymous, liar "john conner" on record here.

Roll Eyes Cry

Losers just have it in their genes I guess.

Dude you are going to get slaughtered on here....

You know JC has his own thread on here , right. Why don't you post in detail your points against VNL?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:54:09 AM

your tech ripped apart among claims of plagiarism in this situation....Dude you discovered your ideas after you read his white paper and code....what hope do you have?

Haha, my tech is so far removed from his.

You are digging your grave. Just keep posting.

Again sorry you got holding a bag of worthless coins. Charge it to experience. If you don't blame yourself, you'll never learn to be more discerning and stop being a loser.

Everyone makes mistakes. After you stop blowing smoke out of your ears, calm down and realize that attacking the best developers won't help you, rather you'll just waste your time and sustain your loser life.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:57:15 AM

your tech ripped apart among claims of plagiarism in this situation....Dude you discovered your ideas after you read his white paper and code....what hope do you have?

Haha, my tech is so far removed from his.

You are digging your grave. Just keep posting.

Again sorry you got holding a bag of worthless coins. Charge it to experience.

Dude FUD doesn't work like facts, you of all people should know that. If people make serious accusations that the code has been copied in part from VNL......the. For 99% of people it's a clone, whether it's true or not. That's how VNL has been attacked and it's shows how easy it is to attack a great project. Like I will say one last time, post on JC personal thread or forget you ever made a coin.......you will always be a cloner, nothing more otherwise.

Honestly if you really had something great you wouldn't talk the way you do.....you're low level clearly.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:58:28 AM

If people make serious accusations that the code has been copied in part from VNLBitcoin...

I'll alert smooth so he can come here and battle you on that issue. He was the one who pushed that recently not me. Gregory Maxwell apparently first discovered it in January.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:00:22 AM

If people make serious accusations that the code has been copied in part from VNL...

I'll alert smooth so he can come here and battle you on that issue. He was the one who pushed that recently not me. Gregory Maxwell apparently first discovered it in January.

Take it to JC thread, why are you telling me, I'm not an expert. Seems like you don't want to ask someone who will make you look stupid.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:09:18 AM

"...timeframe in which the double spend being way too small for anybody to achieve and the costs of it would be to high..."

*puts on smug hat*

exactly what I have been saying as we have the same thing in our ledger tech

And that is not simply provable.

Thus not good enough for me. I want something that can not be attacked because it is irrefutable as is the math in Satoshi's paper for the probabilities on confirmations given the Poisson distribution approximation assumption.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:14:48 AM

I'm on the VanillaCoin IRC now. Where is "john conner"?

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:16:07 AM

I'm on the VanillaCoin IRC now. Where is "john conner"?

Some people sleep. There are others who understand the tech, so ask you questions on there.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1064326.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: