Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527670 times)
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:55:37 AM

Tested the higher fan less error theory and is 100% true!

Standard operation: ~4.810gh, errors around 0.01%, temps up to ~50
Low fan operation: ~4890gh, error ~0.005%, temps up to 70

Now i'm around 65C with 4840gh Grin
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:18:32 AM

Stockholm syndrome. 
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:31:30 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 06:26:44 AM by dmwardjr

Do you review BMT products or have any association with BMT? I have lurked here for a long time and have noticed a shill like stance you take with regards to BMT in general on any response regarding BMT "the company". I know that BMT is the only real game in town at this point, but some of your perspectives and comments almost have a "customer service" feel to them.

There are examples of s7's catching on fire, late shipping, poor communication and generally a really bad experience for a HUGE!!! (see what I did there) portion of the community with BMT, but you always seem to find a positive spin.

I have nine s7's online and have been involved in bitcoin since 2010, granted I am a lurker. So I apologize if my query comes across as jaded, but no one I know IRL would defend BMT in this manner that wasn't being paid by them.

Ufo

edit: Am I the only person that has noticed this?

Hi UfoRia,

LOL...

No, I'm not a reviewer of BMT products.  I'm not a reviewer of any products except for two manufacturers of meters designed for technicians in the telephone industry.  I'm just a simple business man from Alabama.  ROLL TIDE.

Yes, BMT has messed up.  However, does beating them over the head actually "solve" anything?  Seriously... Does it?  BMT, messed up and trust me... they KNOW they messed up; period.  But all of this disrespectful tone does not build business relationships.  It only breaks them down.  It only potentially damages future business.  If some wish to write them off, discontinue mining and speak ill of them knowing they will never do business with them again, so be it.  Does that type of behavior potentially harm possible amends in a business relationship with BMT for the rest of us in the future?  YES, IT DOES!  And I don't appreciate it!

I'm a business man.  I own my own business training telephone technicians.  If a manufacturer of a meter messed up with the shipment of a meter to a customer of mine and the meter was full of software bugs [This actually happened twice with two different companies]; the meters were also shipped late on top of that; this disappointed me.  This didn't wear well on my reputation with the telephone companies when I told them what meter I would buy personally.  Instead of cursing out the manufacturer and potentially end the relationship we had FOR BOTH OF US TO MAKE MONEY, I simply told them the software bugs that needed to be fixed and they gave the telephone companies a discount off of the order as well as a discount off a future order of the same quantity with no expiration date.

I'm all about making money and building business relationships.  That's just me.  Would you want someone to curse you out and try to make a public mockery of your name if you had messed up?  OR  Would you want them to be patient, respectful and potentially help you get out of the mess up you created.  Basically, try to be the better person in all dealings with people and/or with businesses.  You gain more respect and it encourages partnerships that can last.  There has been too much tearing down lately.  I want to see some lifting up.

If I'm to be ridiculed or disrespected because of my "opinion," so be it.  I'm not saying you are being this way because you are not.  I just know how I do business and handle business cause I've learned from doing business since 1997.  If someone wants to say, "you're just kissing ass."  So be it, that's their opinion.  However, I think it's dishonorable and shameful if someone were to say that.  

I look at this as a business and I'm all about making money.  It's that simple.  I just don't think it's profitable to either party for one to ridicule the other publicly.  It's that simple.  If there are complaints and one wants to display the complaint to inform others, I think they can do so without the public humiliation.  It just doesn't solve anything.  It does not build business relationships and it certainly does not profit either party.

Again, all of this was my opinion.  Anyone can take it how they like.  People can write me off if they don't like my opinion.  [It's a shame if they do.]  Why?  Because it discourages reasoning among one another in an effort to build relationships that benefit both parties.

Cheers,

David

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
reinaldo83

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:40:32 AM

Hello.

I'm a newbie here. I have been trying to learn a lot on the bitcoin mining world. I wanted to buy miner since GPU times, but never did. I have been following bitmaintech's products but never bought one until S7 B2.

Yes, I finally bought an S7 B2 from BMT and I wanted to add my two cents by saying it was shipped today.

My order was made on Oct 15th with a confirmed payment just less than an hour after my order was placed. And I received an email today from them (say 10h ago) saying my order was shipped with tracking number. I logged in on my BMT account and my order was updated with tracking # and I can check tracking # on dhl website. Everything seems to be right so far. As a note, they shipped two packages as they updated my shipping info with two tracking numbers. I ordered an S7 B2 and one 1600W PSU from them. That's all I ordered and this is my very first time buying bitcoin miners.

Main outlet voltage here is 120V but I can get 240V from the two 120V phases. I think I can do it with an electrician and also thanks to all the help a lot of you have been providing on this thread. Thank you so much!!!

I will be reading dogie guides to make the proper setup to the miner but if I have any question I'll let you know as this is my first time doing this.

Thank you again.

It's good to hear you had a pleasant experience with BMT.  I ordered Batch #1 on September 3, 2015 and received it on October 16, 2015.  It was 4 days past the deadline.  You just happen to order at a good time. 

As for my order; yes, it was late.  Do I feel it was a scam?  HELL NO!!!  Do I feel like I was treated fairly?  Yes!  Do I feel like the compensation to come is fair?  Yes!  Others with less power cost or no power cost may not agree.  So, BMT did an "average" for compensation.  Was it a scam?  HELL NO!!! 

Have some received equipment with heatsinks out of position and actually causing some rigs to burn up?  Yes.  Did they get satisfactory response to resolve the issue?  I would say more than likely, YES!!!  Is this a perfect world with perfect people and perfect government with perfect corporations?  No!  Do some governments and corporations take advantage of people?  Yes.  Do I think BMT took advantage of those it sold S7's to?  HELL NO!!!

Do I think BMT learned from the issues that developed during this episode with the S7's?  Yes.  Will they learn from this episode?  Yes.  Will something like this happen again?  Probably not.  Will something else come up in the future with other models yet to come on the market?  Possibly... It's not a perfect world.  Will they offer a means of correcting a potential issue in the future?  I would say, YES!!!

BMT has been a good company and just as loyal to the home/small farm/large farm miner than any other manufacturer out there.  I believe you were in good hands when you placed your order with them.  I'm happy this forum has been informative to you and I want to welcome you to the fold.

Happy mining, reinaldo, and may the blocks be with you!

David

Thanks for welcoming me!

Yes, I also thought I made the order at a good time. Luck for me!!!

I've heard BMT is a good company and at this moment I better buy from them. Too bad B1 was delayed a lot of time, but as you said, it's not a perfect world. Yet I have to accept if that would have happened to me I would be very disappointed and pissed off, so I think I can understand a lot of people frustration about this.

As you said... I hope they learn from this and try to prevent these situations.

I'm not taking my shipment as a complete winning yet. I know I also need to wait for the miner to hash at the rate is supposed to, so I need to be wished good luck yet.

Anyway, thanks for replying and may the blocks be with you <as long as you mine on the same pool I will be mining> LOL ( I loved that saying when I read it from you several days ago here, LOL)

Bye

Reinaldo.
marvykkio

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:11:54 AM

I hope someday jumps off a serious company, which has for its product at least 1 year warranty, that the material they use to build miner will be made of a material good, good customer service, to assist RMA, which steal their customers, so as to wipe off the market bitmain.servizio poor, high prices miner, high shipping prices, poor material, customer service is slow insodisfacente, material guarantee 90 days (too short).
in short, I am now aware of the criticisms of many people who lick the ass bitmain, but I do not care that much, this is my thought on bitmain.
especially the service charge, if a user pays in bitcoin, bitmain has a duty to save the end user on the shipping and customs charges Angry Angry
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:17:29 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 09:16:39 AM by dmwardjr

I hope someday jumps off a serious company, which has for its product at least 1 year warranty, that the material they use to build miner will be made of a material good, good customer service, to assist RMA, which steal their customers, so as to wipe off the market bitmain.servizio poor, high prices miner, high shipping prices, poor material, customer service is slow insodisfacente, material guarantee 90 days (too short).
in short, I am now aware of the criticisms of many people who lick the ass bitmain, but I do not care that much, this is my thought on bitmain.
especially the service charge, if a user pays in bitcoin, bitmain has a duty to save the end user on the shipping and customs charges Angry Angry

Spoken like a TRUE round brown who has power cost of 38 cents per kWH and a government who taxes out the ass for an S7.  You're just jealous of everyone else buying hardware from BTM and trying to mess it up for everyone else out of pure jealousy.  

Sure, you can TRY to screw it up for everyone else with your crying and bitching cause you cannot afford to mine with your high power costs and taxes.  If you want to bitch about being priced out of it, you're bitching in the wrong direction.  You need to bitch at your power company and your government for pricing you out of the playing field instead of licking their round brown.

I don't know of any manufacturer who ever gave a 1 year warranty.  Hell, back in the day, your setup was fortunate to last a year without the difficulty forcing you to upgrade.

There are plenty on here who support BTM simply by the very fact they have purchased their rigs and continue to purchase.  You are basically implying that everyone here who buys a rig from bitmain is licking their round brown.  You're just a little squirrel in the world trying to get a nut off of messing it up for everyone else out of jealousy.

Just letting you know... It's not working here, squirrel.

You read my post and THOUGHT you found an opportunity to take a poke at BITMAIN to TRY to tear them down while also TRYING to tear down a business relationship many of us have with BITMAIN by continuing to buy their equipment.  Yet the only thing you accomplished by your crying and bitching about BMT is revealing your true self.  If you want to take a poke at someone, why not take a poke at your tyrannical government who is taxing you out the game?

You also said, "...bitmain has a duty to save the end user on the shipping and customs charges."  Spoken like a true progressive.  You have gotten so used to a government taking care of your ass that you now want someone else to take care of you.  Having a government take care of you can get expensive as hell, can't it?  Those type of policies are what's bankrupting the world and why so many are beginning to flock to gold, silver and bitcoin.

If you want free shipping, BTM or anyone else can simply include the shipping in the price and say "free shipping."  The real issue is your progressive government making you pay $366 in taxes and customs; as well as your power company charging you $0.38 cents per kWH because their government regulates the hell out of them and passes the cost down to you.  Go bitch at them instead of BTM.

Below is an example of why you should point your bitching towards your power company:

I made calculations, $ 1,658 + $ 54 shipping + $ 366 taxes customs Italy
Total = $ 2,078
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm talking about only one miner S7

That $366 tax in customs is possibly a deal breaker.  I'm curious, how much is your power costs converted into U.S. Dollars (USD)?

Italian electricity and 38 cents kW

This next one is why you should point your bitching towards your government:

I made calculations, $ 1,658 + $ 54 shipping + $ 366 taxes customs Italy
Total = $ 2,078
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm talking about only one miner S7

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
Questor

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:29:56 AM

I don't know why, but my post got deleted...  Maybe because it said something about various pool luck?!

Anyways

Updated all miners to the new firmware and am happy to report all running perfectly, with perhaps slightly less variance in reported hash rate over the last 48 hours...  All hashing at 4.86 or better

And, one of these is a rockstar...

HW   0.0009%

Cool

Minin', my own business.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:45:36 AM

Scammed no.
Screwed  yes.

Scammed  would mean they never sent a thing or none of it worked.

Some worked  some did not.  And we all know that they do not have good rma.  So I would say your were shortchanged or overcharged but not scammed.

I am disappointed with my batch 2 delivery of the s-7  and I feel I along with quite a few others have been overcharged or shortchanged.  About 1 btc.  Most likely it is lost.  My best hope is Avalon has a decent model 6.  Or hell coins go to 1000 and I sell off some.

I still feel scammed,  because last miner  "old first model" with galvanized metal housing  arrived DOA , with broken fan and damaged boards.

They refused to send me a UPS shipping label so I paid total 300 euro for shipping blades back (total 3 times)
They refused to give me S7 coupons to compensate for the cost of shipping.
Questor

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:57:49 AM

A few other notes to the somewhat topical posts on the thread.

trying not to tl:dr

No disrespect to those trying to share information, but things become clouded.

Bitmain sells us hardware.  This is currently the best and most power efficient hardware 'available'.
They are shipping units, they had some hicccups, communication is poor, however they have NOT shut us out like ALL other HW manufacturers at this time, I look forward to Avalon offerings and whatever SP might allow us access to...

-----

YES, 220v/240v is better IF you have SAFE and ECONOMICAL access to it.

YES, most domestic U.S. houses are 'split phase' with two 'legs' of 110v/120v power on each LEG, and can achieve 220v/240v power by utilizing both legs.

Take a POLL who knows what a 'pole' is, ask if 2 or 3 are better... Wink  think about hiring a licensed electrician.

110v/120v will wake you up and make you think twice about what you're wiring.
220v/240v can KILL you and you will NOT wake up.

TOO many posts with conflict over confused information regarding electrical

PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT try to run 220/240 equipment by bonding two 120v circuits at the remote end!  I saw this suggested and elaborated upon.  Your overcurrent devices (breakers) need to be tied in order for this to even be remotely safe, and if you do not understand this, I will reiterate:

Hire a licensed electrician if you must get more power to your mining location.

I do not want to see any of our mining brethren pass away from avoidable mistakes!

A few satoshi is not worth anyone's life!

Minin', my own business.
darrenyu

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:07:11 AM

Hi
   Any one know when bitmain will sell S7 again?
I need more~

*Image Removed*
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:22:11 AM

Tested the higher fan less error theory and is 100% true!

Standard operation: ~4.810gh, errors around 0.01%, temps up to ~50
Low fan operation: ~4890gh, error ~0.005%, temps up to 70

Now i'm around 65C with 4840gh Grin

Eventually everyone will give in and try the lower fan settings and higher temp; then curse themselves for not trying it sooner.   Grin
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:35:00 AM

It's good and in some ways handy that you can achieve a higher hash rate with a higher temperature. However it's counter intuitive and usually I would expect an electronic component to perform better at a lower temperature. Have we seen this phenomenon before or does anyone have a theory as to why it is happening?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
coinbeast

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:39:37 AM

Hello to you all.
Received my ANT7 Batch 1 yesterday.
Also received the PSU from Bitmain.

Yesterday i pluged everything, configured and "voilá"... it was mining...

Everything OK by 2 hours... after that the unit started to beep.. i needed to poert it off.
Connected again... and once again it was mining.

After 2 hours the some problem... the mining decrese to almost 0, the unit started gain to beeb.
Power off and power down again
The unit beeps again and again... works for 3 to 4 minuts until it stops mining

From 21PM yesterday the unit is producing ZERO... its beeping almost shure (i'm in home, and the unit in in my office).
The ANT7 is connected to a swhitch and then the switch is connected to a router.

Im a newbie, and i thought this was power on and let go... i see its more complicated for a 2500€ machine. Angry
Is there any troubleshotting guide?
Help is needed.

I had a similar problem. I made sure that I powered the hashing boards first, then controller... then did a manual reboot in the system settings.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:53:37 AM

S5 is really not stable and easily damaged.
8 pcs of mmy S5 only 4.5 pcs alive now.

I wrote from S5+ , not S5

9 blade, 7,7TH/s Three separate housing with one controller.

My S5 are all repaired with warranty time.
ANTMINER S5 BATCH 1 × 12
ANTMINER S5 BATCH 4 × 3
ANTMINER S5 BATCH 5 × 20

Total exchanged with warranty 7x S5 different parts.
2 not working  hashing boards  , 1 x temp 0  working board
some controller with not working leds...

From 35 x  S5 miner is not bad result
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:09:03 AM

It's good and in some ways handy that you can achieve a higher hash rate with a higher temperature. However it's counter intuitive and usually I would expect an electronic component to perform better at a lower temperature. Have we seen this phenomenon before or does anyone have a theory as to why it is happening?

Rich
No theory on how/why, but its the same with the S1's IMO.
coinbeast

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:14:28 AM

You also said, "...bitmain has a duty to save the end user on the shipping and customs charges."  Spoken like a true progressive.  You have gotten so used to a government taking care of your ass that you now want someone else to take care of you.  Having a government take care of you can get expensive as hell, can't it?  Those type of policies are what's bankrupting the world and why so many are beginning to flock to gold, silver and bitcoin.

Thank you.

You and I will get along just fine.
altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:16:42 AM

wooo hoooo
oct 21 order shipped (batch 3),  Thank You

When can I order more?
coinbeast

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:18:54 AM

Take a POLL who knows what a 'pole' is, ask if 2 or 3 are better... Wink  think about hiring a licensed electrician.

I had this drama with the lady I was talking to from the energy company the other week when we lost one of the phases to our house. She thought I was talking about power line poles... It took a while.
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:34:48 AM

Could someone with proper english skills create a new thread for "S7 tweaking/settings"?
This thread is flooded and hard to follow!

Thanks <3
altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:36:13 AM

Take a poll

How many pages would this thread really be if all posts were on topic?

Im guilty too.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: