Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:31:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin v2.0.4 ✦ PoS ✦ Anon ✦ Masternode Whitepaper ✦ Get Juiced!  (Read 72450 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:50:27 PM

Big holders of this coin should help. I used to be a big holder, but not anymore. I sold A LOT.

Somebody has bought A LOT. The new big holders should be able to get DEV team for this coin.

I have tried to get soopy over, but he is always missing. I am still around, but not a big holder anymore.

Throwing money at a coin will not solve things completely. If a dev or team is driven, it only takes one dev (or persons on a team) with 1 OC each to make that 1 OC dream worth a million $.
We need a dev and team to be whole-heartedly committed, to achieve new boundaries of code and see what the blockchain can really do. We have parts of that team already.

Well said. Well said, Halo.

-Raven

agreed ... totally ...

hence the word TEAM being 'unounciated' in the post ...

but you cannot expect a TEAM to have 1oc and make it worth $1million if the major holders of the 'team' is but the few that are the richest ... that will not work - no matter which way you look at it ...

a shared expense and wealth is the ONLY way you will do this - unless you get contracters to come in - do the job - and leave - getting PAID ( not invested in oc ) in btc for the 'job' ...

if my team and i came in and did this - with no oc in our pockets - how fair would that be? ...

as a team - shared wealth AND shared responsibility would be the priority ... but having said that - it all goes to hell if you dont have a team LEAD to have the ultimate say after the voting is done ...

sounds too corporate for you? ... it probably is ... but it works and can make a coin pull itself from obscurity - to the the forefront ...

there are some MAJOR holders of oc - that should share some of that wealth if they want to realize the coins potential ... its the only way to attract the attention and focus of devs willing to put time and effort in ...

thats my 1oc worth ( which is more oc than i actually own ) ...

#crysx

Of course one wouldn't want to do anything without receiving something for their work, but that something received doesn't always necessarily have to be worth something tangible or monetarily backed. Something is lost along the way when something becomes corporate.

If someone wants to come in and provide a service, services including dev work, then they should speak up. Do you think community funds can be raised for something of quality or innovation? I sure as hell do. The amount of momentum, news, and limelight would bring all types of people.

We have the OCDF (development fund) for stuff like this. If a dev provides something innovative, then I'll ask the community if the dev can be given all or some of the fund. With 200k+ OC in it, that's enticing. Want to make OC worth 50 cents? $1? $100?

Want to be paid in btc? Make the work worth it to the rest of the world and they will pay you in the markets. If an innovative dev can't stand behind their work and believe in it, then there's no reason for them to be working on OC or any other coin --- aside from the public's favoring of the dev's work (if the public doesn't like his work and the market shows it, that's not what I'm talking about). We are all trying to make OC grow. We all have our parts. When a dev releases code (soopy in this case), raven and I would hit all the social outlets or connections we had. It all feeds off each other. Cycle breaks, it's hard to get back in the groove, which is kind of where we're at now.

To anyone wanting to work on OC needing payment: Show the community something worth our hard earned OC and we'll go from there. Could be a plan, could be code to push on git, could be just about anything. We are open-minded and receptive. We discuss offers publicly. Some get turned away, some don't. Community consensus. Smiley

I have to agree with Halo, we openly discuss and move forward as a community.

I hold 100k I Can donate If we get moving forward again with news and development.

Cheers!

-Raven

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 01:39:34 PM

Big holders of this coin should help. I used to be a big holder, but not anymore. I sold A LOT.

Somebody has bought A LOT. The new big holders should be able to get DEV team for this coin.

I have tried to get soopy over, but he is always missing. I am still around, but not a big holder anymore.

Throwing money at a coin will not solve things completely. If a dev or team is driven, it only takes one dev (or persons on a team) with 1 OC each to make that 1 OC dream worth a million $.
We need a dev and team to be whole-heartedly committed, to achieve new boundaries of code and see what the blockchain can really do. We have parts of that team already.

-Raven

agreed ... totally ...

but you cannot expect a TEAM to have 1oc and make it worth $1million if the major holders of the 'team' is but the few that are the richest ... that will not work - no matter which way you look at it ...

a shared expense and wealth is the ONLY way you will do this - unless you get contracters to come in - do the job - and leave - getting PAID ( not invested in oc ) in btc for the 'job' ...

if my team and i came in and did this - with no oc in our pockets - how fair would that be? ...

as a team - shared wealth AND shared responsibility would be the priority ... but having said that - it all goes to hell if you dont have a team LEAD to have the ultimate say after the voting is done ...

sounds too corporate for you? ... it probably is ... but it works and can make a coin pull itself from obscurity - to the the forefront ...

there are some MAJOR holders of oc - that should share some of that wealth if they want to realize the coins potential ... its the only way to attract the attention and focus of devs willing to put time and effort in ...

#crysx

Of course one wouldn't want to do anything without receiving something for their work, but that something received doesn't always necessarily have to be worth something tangible or monetarily backed. Something is lost along the way when something becomes corporate.

If someone wants to come in and provide a service, services including dev work, then they should speak up. Do you think community funds can be raised for something of quality or innovation? I sure as hell do. The amount of momentum, news, and limelight would bring all types of people.

We have the OCDF (development fund) for stuff like this. If a dev provides something innovative, then I'll ask the community if the dev can be given all or some of the fund. With 200k+ OC in it, that's enticing. Want to make OC worth 50 cents? $1? $100?

Want to be paid in btc? Make the work worth it to the rest of the world and they will pay you in the markets. If an innovative dev can't stand behind their work and believe in it, then there's no reason for them to be working on OC or any other coin --- aside from the public's favoring of the dev's work (if the public doesn't like his work and the market shows it, that's not what I'm talking about). We are all trying to make OC grow. We all have our parts. When a dev releases code (soopy in this case), raven and I would hit all the social outlets or connections we had. It all feeds off each other. Cycle breaks, it's hard to get back in the groove, which is kind of where we're at now.

To anyone wanting to work on OC needing payment: Show the community something worth our hard earned OC and we'll go from there. Could be a plan, could be code to push on git, could be just about anything. We are open-minded and receptive. We discuss offers publicly. Some get turned away, some don't. Community consensus. Smiley

I hold 100k I Can donate If we get moving forward again with news and development.

Cheers!

-Raven

ok - all good ...

do as you will - with the community at the helm ... thats a good way to make decisions and make sure its adhered to - as the responsibility falls back on the community ...

but as to entice devs into such a consensus that the dev ( or dev team ) is at the whim of community direction? ... well - i can only say basically what i have said earlier ...

communities are great for general decision making and planning - but core development work AND putting things into practice AND ensuring that it functions under a specific plan ... these things are DECISIONS that need to be made by the core team - and the development team that heads the project - not by the community ...

the majority of community members consist of investors and traders and bagholders - NOT by core devs ... dev work falls on dev teams - and as such - require specific knowledge and ( sometimes ) hard decision making - which should never fall on the community's shoulders ... if the community members were all core devs - then no problems ... but they are not ... members of the oc community ( or any coins community for that matter ) are a mix of traders and investors and laborers and nurses and accountants and ... see where im coming from? ...

the core decisions need to made by the core team ... create a core team ( headed by a LEADER - which doesnt necessarily mean a dev ) which can be decisive and can progress development - and you will have a winning formula ... leave it to the accountants and bricklayers and others - and you will have people that control what could possibly be a successful coin - down a path that really only a development team should be leading ...

these same people - the nurses and factory workers and others - will normally only be interested in their investment growing and flourishing at the hands of a competent development team ...

i know - as im one of those community members - and have been part of ( and still am ) developments teams ... though not necessarily with this coin currently - had i the inclination to invest - i would want to know that its being lead by competent people and a leader with a vision ...

this is obviously just my opinion and can be completely disregarded ... but i know what i would want - and it certainly would involve a team that didnt just do what the community wanted per se - but did what was necessary for the growth and success of the coin and the coins investors / community ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:23:07 PM

-Raven

agreed ... totally ...

#crysx

Cheers!

-Raven

ok - all good ...

do as you will - with the community at the helm ... thats a good way to make decisions and make sure its adhered to - as the responsibility falls back on the community ...

but as to entice devs into such a consensus that the dev ( or dev team ) is at the whim of community direction? ... well - i can only say basically what i have said earlier ...

communities are great for general decision making and planning - but core development work AND putting things into practice AND ensuring that it functions under a specific plan ... these things are DECISIONS that need to be made by the core team - and the development team that heads the project - not by the community ...

the majority of community members consist of investors and traders and bagholders - NOT by core devs ... dev work falls on dev teams - and as such - require specific knowledge and ( sometimes ) hard decision making - which should never fall on the community's shoulders ... if the community members were all core devs - then no problems ... but they are not ... members of the oc community ( or any coins community for that matter ) are a mix of traders and investors and laborers and nurses and accountants and ... see where im coming from? ...

the core decisions need to made by the core team ... create a core team ( headed by a LEADER - which doesnt necessarily mean a dev ) which can be decisive and can progress development - and you will have a winning formula ... leave it to the accountants and bricklayers and others - and you will have people that control what could possibly be a successful coin - down a path that really only a development team should be leading ...

these same people - the nurses and factory workers and others - will normally only be interested in their investment growing and flourishing at the hands of a competent development team ...

i know - as im one of those community members - and have been part of ( and still am ) developments teams ... though not necessarily with this coin currently - had i the inclination to invest - i would want to know that its being lead by competent people and a leader with a vision ...

this is obviously just my opinion and can be completely disregarded ... but i know what i would want - and it certainly would involve a team that didnt just do what the community wanted per se - but did what was necessary for the growth and success of the coin and the coins investors / community ...

#crysx

Allow me to clarify what I mean by community consensus, my definition and scenarios.
Voting on things like logo's, or voting on an amount to spend on a service, or like voting on 3 options we are given by a dev to choose from. We just move forward as a community, when a community consensus is required or an option. A dev or dev team can do almost whatever what they want once they are publicly accepted -- note that I did not say "voted in". It's not an election. It is the favoring of the community that decides whether a dev is accepted or not, and the market value will reflect that. If we were to be paying a dev to do work, then yes, a community consensus would be necessary if the OC dev fund would be used. If the dev were to be privately funded and announced as such, then the public favor will decide in the markets. If a dev does work for free or is privately funded but isn't announced as such, again, the market value will ultimately reflect the choices and work and promises of the new dev. We, as a community, would want the dev to keep the community's best interests at heart, which usually is aligned with the community anyway.

Please know when I say "dev" in the above paragraph, I mean "dev or dev team" for all intents and purposes.

Don't let this "political correctness of sorts" deter or steer anyone away. Soopy came in and did whatever he wanted. It's more or less these weird "broken cycle, dev-less" times I referred too earlier that the community has more say as we look for talent, as with the other examples I stated above.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:40:36 PM

So where are we with all of this going back and forth, has PMs been sent out? Looks like alot of sells, maybe good, maybe bad.

After reading over the past 5 pages. We all have great ideas. But without a person to take charge, bring, and implement changes AKA Development person\team. There is no community to adhere to. I have to agree with Crysx...

Since we have a stable chain thanks to Soop......

Who has ideas they want to play with?

Who has motivation to work through the problems with implementing those new 'play' ideas?

You don't learn if you don't make mistakes. And if you don't try, how do you expect to make those mistakes and then learn from them? (This is my principle, and I get bewildered by people freaking out when things are going wrong by doing something new. "Did you know that was going to happen, did you create it? Can you fix it? If not, Why are you so mad!?") 

Basically, in laymen terms let's have fun again, let's play.

Let's solve problems.

Right now we are not.

We are pointing fingers around, and you know what happens when you point fingers? You have three pointing back at you. And I am including myself. 

Cheers guys!

-Raven

PS - We maybe at a standstill right now, but Still. We are working to resolve the problems at hand.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:43:36 PM

So where are we with all of this going back and forth, has PMs been sent out? Looks like alot of sells, maybe good, maybe bad.

After reading over the past 5 pages. We all have great ideas. But without a person to take charge, bring, and implement changes AKA Development person\team. There is no community to adhere to. I have to agree with Crysx...

Who has motivation to work through the problems with implementing those new 'play' ideas?

You don't learn if you don't make mistakes. And if you don't try, how do you expect to make those mistakes and then learn from them? (This is my principle, and I get bewildered by people freaking out when things are going wrong by doing something new. "Did you know that was going to happen, did you create it? Can you fix it? If not, Why are you so mad!?") 

Let's solve problems.

Right now we are not.

We are pointing fingers around, and you know what happens when you point fingers? You have three pointing back at you. And I am including myself. 

Cheers guys!

-Raven

PS - We maybe at a standstill right now, but Still. We are working to resolve the problems at hand.

Pointing fingers, if you are refering to my "soopy came in and did whatever he wanted" statement, I was saying that as it were an "ok thing" for him to be doing, and that whichever team or dev comes in next gets the same opportunity to play with our code.

So, where's the talent? Who's got ideas? Who wants to participate? Smiley

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:25:35 PM

Let's solve problems.

Right now we are not.

Cheers guys!

-Raven

Pointing fingers, if you are refering to my "soopy came in and did whatever he wanted" statement, I was saying that as it were an "ok thing" for him to be doing, and that whichever team or dev comes in next gets the same opportunity to play with our code.

So, where's the talent? Who's got ideas? Who wants to participate? Smiley

Nope, just a general statement. We need someone with kahunas, lol. No offense to anyone! Just trying to have fun.
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:33:47 PM

Anyone want to buy my OC? I have about 102,350 OC.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:07:33 PM

“One of the goals will be also to create a protocol for token/asset transfer between blockchains. Imagine you have a token on NXT, ETH platform and would like to move this token to BTC colored coins or Waves blockchain.” said Ivanov in a blog post.

Anyone want to try and reach out to Ivanov, we have a stable chain. And we're colored. HA just a thought.

Anyone want to buy my OC? I have about 102,350 OC.

Don't you do any Devving Pix?

Cheers!

-Raven
tranzactionezlive

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 10:51:09 PM

I feel that orangecoin as a brand can be made strong, if it reaches the right people.

The dutch forum should be made aware of this.

Is masternode voting available ?
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:33:19 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2016, 08:37:22 PM by raven7886

I feel that orangecoin as a brand can be made strong, if it reaches the right people.

The dutch forum should be made aware of this.

Is masternode voting available ?

I agree orange is the Dutch color. Do you know Dutch? Can you translate if you do?

As for MNs we are awating details.

Cheers!

-Raven.
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:11:15 PM

Hello!
Moedas

Activity: 670
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:13:21 PM

I always thought the Orange Coin an interesting coin. Too bad that the community is small. I hope that in the future better.
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:28:57 PM

I always thought the Orange Coin an interesting coin. Too bad that the community is small. I hope that in the future better.

Moe, do you know any developers who's available for a conversation.

I am supposed to contact crysx. But I have been busy and may have lost an opportunity.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:13:29 AM

Moe, do you know any developers who's available for a conversation.

I am supposed to contact crysx. But I have been busy and may have lost an opportunity.

In the world of crypto, opportunity is never lost. Maybe delayed, but never lost. Just ask him what he'd present OC with and we'd like to know what he wants. He'll have his plan to talk to you about.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:15:49 AM

Our community is bigger than you think. They are just quiet while things get sorted, silently observing. They'll come forward when it's necessary.

Welcome aboard! Smiley

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:38:22 PM

Our community is bigger than you think. They are just quiet while things get sorted, silently observing. They'll come forward when it's necessary.

Welcome aboard! Smiley

I couldn't have said that any better Halo. Yes Cheers Welcome!

-Raven
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 02:30:37 PM

So I have been reaching out to various developers. One in particular is from Digicube. I asked if he had time to do any developing and he replied with a yes. So.......

How does this sound?

Cheers!

-Raven
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 06:13:55 AM

Btw guys sorry for the delayed replies.

I have something that I had planned for OC since a while and JOHN knows about it too. Will give you the details in the next few days (12th).

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
danel

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:30:17 AM

I have something that I had planned for OC since a while and JOHN knows about it too. Will give you the details in the next few days (12th).

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

That sounds interesting, hoping for the best and will keep an eye on how those details will unfold.
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:14:36 PM

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

I cannot wait.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: