Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you feel ashamed for recommending Bitcoin to family & friends?  (Read 3537 times)
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 09:25:02 PM

If I recommend bitcoins, it'll be as a currency; not as a investment scheme. It's like buying up USD and hoping that the value will rise; likewise, bitcoin is just a way to spend money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:58:00 PM

I tell all my friends to buy what they can stomach losing, and forget about em as long as they can. Worst case they lose a grand, best, they end up with over 10k. Cheesy
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:03:28 AM

If I recommend bitcoins, it'll be as a currency; not as a investment scheme. It's like buying up USD and hoping that the value will rise; likewise, bitcoin is just a way to spend money.

You are opposed yourself. You tell that you will recommend bitcoin as a currency and not as one investment. Then tell: it's like buying us dollar and hoping that the value will rise. That is a typical investment and not a using as u currency. In fact you are not buying nothing with it (so not using as a currency) but are holding in your wallet in the hope that their value will increase and you earn from this increase. This is a typical investment and not a use as a currency.  Wink
buddu

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:55:24 AM

Luckily I came to know about Bitcoin few months ago and price range is almost same with little difference.I introduced two of my friends and they both invested a bit in Bitcoin and they are thankful to me.I am happy and still telling the people to take a look into the Bitcoin.
zero01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:56:28 PM

if beneficial and not detrimental why should be embarrassed to invite someone
I never feel embarrassed
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:34:19 PM

I never feel embarrassed
It usually happens to those people who recommend their friends or family to invest their money in bitcoin, so they can get profit if bitcoin price is higher in future. But, if the price decrease, it would be shameful.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:36:33 PM

I never feel embarrassed
exactly, theres no reason to be embarrassed for recommending bitcoin to someone.
unless you forced them to buy 100btc at $290 usd and made them lose $6000 then maybe you should be a bit embarrased
wearehatetherules

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:43:53 PM

really sad story  Sad
i cant imagine your feeling,and how angry they are. but you are cannot blame. its a bad destiny,bitcoin cant guess.. be patient bro!  Wink

Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 12:34:27 PM

I never feel embarrassed
exactly, theres no reason to be embarrassed for recommending bitcoin to someone.
unless you forced them to buy 100btc at $290 usd and made them lose $6000 then maybe you should be a bit embarrased

I guess you dont understand the situation, you should read op first before comment. Dont you feel guilty if you have recommended something to your friends or family, then they get loss even its only $100?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 12:53:21 PM

I don't usually recommend Bitcoin to anyone. I told my family that they should buy some bitcoins back when the price was $17 because I care about their futures and felt that I should share it with them so that we could all prosper together. My brother responded with an article about someone that wanted to make it illegal, my sister said she didn't have enough money to invest in anything and everyone else ignored it. I did my due diligence. I bought each of my nieces and nephews 1 bitcoin for their birthdays when the price was below $100. The true gift will be when they figure out how to spend it.

I don't recommend bitcoins to people. I just tell them how it benefits me. I lead by example. My co-workers at work know that I get paid 10% to get my money converted to euros while they are paying a 5% conversion fee for their euros. I have no clue why they continue to waste their money. I think they just figure it's too late for them to get into Bitcoin, or they ask me if I can show them how to make some quick money with bitcoins.

I figure that recommending bitcoins to the very people who are the cause of so many of the problems we have right now is not worth it. They deserve what they get.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:03:39 PM

I've recommended Bitcoin to quite a few people but most don't grasp the concept, disregard it or simply don't want to have anything to do with it, and noone of them has actually bought any coins... I don't feel ashamed of recommending Bitcoin. I would feel ashamed of recommending them a bank... No harm in recommending anyone a way to store their own money safely! And the OP shouldn't feel bad either, he recommended what he think it was best and the people accepted the risk of buying Bitcoin.
boliu

Activity: 267

6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:05:44 PM

I don't feel ashamed for recommending Bitcoin to many of my friends and family, like all my recommendations, I tell them what it is and let them decided if they want go in, like stocks that I recommend.

I ton't force them to buy and invest just give them knowledge.

Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:28:45 PM

I don't usually recommend Bitcoin to anyone. I told my family that they should buy some bitcoins back when the price was $17 because I care about their futures and felt that I should share it with them so that we could all prosper together. My brother responded with an article about someone that wanted to make it illegal, my sister said she didn't have enough money to invest in anything and everyone else ignored it. I did my due diligence. I bought each of my nieces and nephews 1 bitcoin for their birthdays when the price was below $100. The true gift will be when they figure out how to spend it.

I don't recommend bitcoins to people. I just tell them how it benefits me. I lead by example. My co-workers at work know that I get paid 10% to get my money converted to euros while they are paying a 5% conversion fee for their euros. I have no clue why they continue to waste their money. I think they just figure it's too late for them to get into Bitcoin, or they ask me if I can show them how to make some quick money with bitcoins.

I figure that recommending bitcoins to the very people who are the cause of so many of the problems we have right now is not worth it. They deserve what they get.
You are a good uncle Smiley
I think its a timing issue, which those people who bought bitcoin in right time when the price was beginning to increase alot, surely they got big luck. But, for people who late bought bitcoin when its price started to go down, it has been a bad luck for them and other people they have recommended.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:40:54 PM

I won't feel ashamed till now because I have not done anything wrong till now I mean many of my friends had really made profit like me and many are still noobs..they are quite learning it and rest of the peoples are lossing a small amount of money and getting it back
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:15:35 PM

I did not recommend using bit coin to my family because they do not know a lot about technology and they won't understand how bitcoin works
Kaneki

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:22:15 PM

same as above, my family was not too familiar with the technology especially the use of digital currency
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 07:04:34 PM

I did not recommend using bit coin to my family because they do not know a lot about technology and they won't understand how bitcoin works

I'm the guy people always ask about Bitcoin... but there's so much to cover it's hard. Everyone wants detailed explanations of how it works and is secure, without getting technical. It makes things difficult when it comes to bringing others on board.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: