Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:04:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrong use of Trust/feedback  (Read 941 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:15:52 PM

I'm watching threads on the lending section today and I saw a lot of people getting a red trust in their profile immediately just because they asked a loan with a collateral that doesn't match up the amount. I just think people in here can talk first and clarify why he can't get a loan rather than giving a negative trust immediately without any warning.

Newbies can get the red tag, they deserve it specially when they can't provide any good reasons but members and up maybe they do deserve some warning first before jumping to the feedback button. If they didn't fix they wrongs then go ahead and give them what they deserve.

This is just my opinion. Does any one in here also about this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ndnh
Legendary

Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:56:28 PM

Yes, I noticed that. Everyone seems to be very keen to give negative trust to someone else around the lending board.

I don't think anyone can do much about it. Probably mods should be able to moderate negative trust feedbacks? Not a good solution, imo, but worth considering. Wink
Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 07:00:31 PM

You are complaining that someone without enough reputation to take out a .3 BTC loan without collateral is trying to take out a .5 BTC loan with collateral worth .2 BTC (as an example) and then receive negative trust to warn others to proceed with caution when dealing with such user?

Do you really not see the disconnect in your complaint?

Kind Regards
Panthers52

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:10:44 PM

I'm watching threads on the lending section today and I saw a lot of people getting a red trust in their profile immediately just because they asked a loan with a collateral that doesn't match up the amount. I just think people in here can talk first and clarify why he can't get a loan rather than giving a negative trust immediately without any warning.

Newbies can get the red tag, they deserve it specially when they can't provide any good reasons but members and up maybe they do deserve some warning first before jumping to the feedback button. If they didn't fix they wrongs then go ahead and give them what they deserve.

Trust system isn't moderated by the staff, so I don't think this is a real problem. I think only the 'potential scammers' will receive a negative trust, due some facts :

- lack of activity here in the forum (participation),
 - funny/weird loan requests (with a non valid-collateral).

PS: At the end it's only a red warning.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:24:28 PM

You are complaining that someone without enough reputation to take out a .3 BTC loan without collateral is trying to take out a .5 BTC loan with collateral worth .2 BTC (as an example) and then receive negative trust to warn others to proceed with caution when dealing with such user?

Kind Regards
Panthers52

I am not complaining sir. I'm just stating an opinion.
Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 11:26:50 PM

Kind Regards
Panthers52

I am not complaining sir. I'm just stating an opinion.
If someone would get negative trust if they were to ask for a no collateral .3 BTC loan, then they should receive negative trust if they were to try to get a .5 BTC loan with .2 BTC worth of something as collateral.

If someone were to try to do this, they would really be engaging in shady behavior because a lender could presume that such collateral being offered is worth the amount of the loan when it is not. 

PGP 827D2A60

frontdenplastic

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:27:34 PM

Too little collateral -> negative trust.
Too much collateral -> negative trust because you don't need the loan and therefore you must be trying to buy trust.

Sometimes it just seems that you can't win with the trust system. Not that I am looking for a loan or anything. I've got plenty of BTC.
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:32:33 PM

I've never seen someone get a negative feedback because they are giving too much collateral. suspicious people? maybe. negative trust? no sir.

do throw some pages to my face if you think I'm wrong.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 11:35:16 PM

I've never seen someone get a negative feedback because they are giving too much collateral. suspicious people? maybe. negative trust? no sir.
I think frontdenplastic is trolling. It is standard to offer more collateral then is worth the loan. But the collateral may not be converted to/from BTC for free, and will potentially rise while the loan is outstanding. A loan that is not needed is one in which was taken primarily to receive the associated trust rating of paying back such loan

PGP 827D2A60

Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 11:42:15 PM

It's kind of like fishing with a net that catches most of the scammers, but occasionally catches a few innocent people who weren't aware of the lending practices and the trigger-happy state of DT users. I am on the fence on this matter because it does the job of catching the scammers.

Guiomar

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:22:28 AM

Is it trust left by someone from the default trust network?
If so, by whom?
If not, most will probably not even see the feedback.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:38:54 PM

If so, by whom?

Well as I have said it's the default trust where people can leave a red tag in peoples profile. I know how trust system works here and to tell you I think default trust or not, both are counted to consider if people here are trustable.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 03:04:32 PM

I used to feel it a bit weird when I joined here but it's accurate to leave a red rating on such users. It's not rocket science to understand that one will give a newbie/senior money without any collateral in exchange. I've seen members saying "Give me a loan and I'll give interest but won't offer any collateral." This is a forum and that Lending place is just like taking a loan from a bank but it's not for charity. When a newbie gets a red rating without being aware of the rules, the person can create a new account but if a senior member does it, it can hamper his ratings but that's like a punishment for asking a loan without a collateral. It's mainly newbies who get these ratings though as they are here just to scam and then abscond while there's no harm for a Senior member to offer his account as a collateral.

Guiomar

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:10:12 PM

If so, by whom?

Well as I have said it's the default trust where people can leave a red tag in peoples profile. I know how trust system works here and to tell you I think default trust or not, both are counted to consider if people here are trustable.

No, thats in fact my point. Its only those on default trust that can leave a rating that will influence your overall trust score and might result in a red warning or the green numbers people tend to apply so much meaning to.

If someone from the Default Trust list is leaving feedback that is not appropriate it should be discussed openly in meta. If someone that is not on the Default Trust list most will not even see the rating and even less people will care about it. Ratings from people outside the the DT list are hidden by default.

I used to feel it a bit weird when I joined here but it's accurate to leave a red rating on such users. It's not rocket science to understand that one will give a newbie/senior money without any collateral in exchange. I've seen members saying "Give me a loan and I'll give interest but won't offer any collateral." This is a forum and that Lending place is just like taking a loan from a bank but it's not for charity. When a newbie gets a red rating without being aware of the rules, the person can create a new account but if a senior member does it, it can hamper his ratings but that's like a punishment for asking a loan without a collateral. It's mainly newbies who get these ratings though as they are here just to scam and then abscond while there's no harm for a Senior member to offer his account as a collateral.

I would be very surprised if such a rating would be left to a senior member. Even if they are unaware of the rules a senior has indeed something to lose (the repuation of the account) and might thus get a loan without collateral.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:32:46 PM

i agree, what if the person genuinely doesn't know if their collateral amount is sufficient for the loan. they don't deserve the negative feedback.
ndnh
Legendary

Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:54:24 PM

i agree, what if the person genuinely doesn't know if their collateral amount is sufficient for the loan. they don't deserve the negative feedback.

Exactly. But most just give them their share right after reading the post, and doesn't bother to remove them even if that was because he didn't know it at first.

But, IMO, all of those who mentioned "Manyproofs" and "pro lender" deserve negative trust, but I don't think everyone got it. Wink
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 12:39:56 AM

Exactly. But most just give them their share right after reading the post, and doesn't bother to remove them even if that was because he didn't know it at first.

But, IMO, all of those who mentioned "Manyproofs" and "pro lender" deserve negative trust, but I don't think everyone got it. Wink

Those "manyproofs"/"pro lender" threads are jokes. I don't get it why they can't be stopped. I also think that  that is one of the reasons why other members who don't know a thing about in the lending sections are encourage to make loan without a valid collateral.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 12:46:08 AM

Lately I have noticed some pretty clear mental health cases leaving rantish trust comments. Thats actually good as well,cause I know to stay clear of the wacko.

For new accounts its a harsh lesson but like mentioned they learn it and start over.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: