May 06, 2024, 05:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237558 times)
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:43:33 PM

I received a PM from a community manager or something. I still echo the statements others have brought up, and was provided no information in said PM.

1) What purpose or target audience is this for? How does/will it differ from Ethereum? Initial develoment seemed limited to little more than:

Code:
find ./ -type f -exec sed -i -e 's/ethereum/soil/g' {} \;

as with ethereum, the speculative currency is as important was the ability to drop the autonomou and decentraized applications on top of the blockchain, using the coin as the fuel to pay for the use of those applications, and having the mining of the blockchian be the verification process to ensure stability. the difference is that unlike ethereum, which seems content enough that you CAN drpo code on the blockchain and walk away content that it will continue to run seamlessly, with no real open plan as to WHAT applications those might be (which leaves things open to malicious code, and if hackers can take advantage of something they WILL), with SOIL, the marketing of the smart contracts will be industry sector driven, focused. keeping with the name, thus the branding of SOIL, we can focus those contrats on the ecology sector... auotomated farming processes.. as i mentioned in an earlier post.. dairy farms, poultry farms, unmanned tractors and intelligent crop data. these are generally completely centralized to the farms personal servers itself and are thus vulnerable to hardware failure of the computer, etc. by offering them a global network of computers to keep their applications running brings stablility and safety. it affects their bottom line, if theres a failure on their system, they can face massive losses and downtime. SOIL can bridge that gap between the real world and the cryptocurrency world. with a focussed market, it also builds a brand name, and a recognition that if you want safety for your data, with the assurance your data remains YOUR data, you drop it into SOIL and stop worrying about it.

my family has a large hatchery in alberta. pretty much everything is automated nowadays. the computer that ran the program that set parameters for the incubators crashed last year, dropping the temperature in the incubators (it was february) and freezing solid something close to a hundred thousand eggs. being a meat farm, and considering the general attrition rates after sexing and mortality, that was the loss of about 40,000 market hens. it cost them a little over 120,000 in potential revenue, all because something on the motherboard on the computer in the house went kerflooey. (my fathers technical term) a lot of other systems were affected by this and it took him newarly a week to get it all sorted out and started up again, and because its a choreographed process, he wound up being two to three months behind and it took him well into fall to catch up.

set on SOIL, those applications that monitored the incubator would not have had the same likelyhood of failure. thats the real world application of the system, and most farmers out there wouldnt have a clue what the ethereum (or SOIL) platform *IS* never mind cryptocurrency as a whole. they just care about keeping things running seamlessly and if we can offer a better chance to keep that going, those applications can be built on the chain to ensure that. the world of modern agriculture is HIGHLY automated, and while hardware failure might account for 10% of overall losses in a year, all told, that 10% represents a large cash loss overall.

this marketing aspect is important, but its until we hae a stable and confirmed blockchain that we can start setting those applications on it. the fact that the code is large for the running of these programs is irrelevant. "Auger", the shiny baby that will be the example of the potentialities of ethereum, is pretty large too.

2) Lower block times increase the likelihood of double-spends and orphaned blocks.

i read thru vitaliks ideas about that which were linked to in a post somewhere above. where he was essentially looking at the difference between BTCs and ETHs block times and how each would be affected by orphans, uncles and double-spending attacks. a larger block time for a system like SOIL wouldnt be bad because its less about market transactoins (buying a pack of bubblegum) than it is about runing the smart contracts to ensure stability. the only downside with longer block times seems to be that the potential miners have to wait a little longer to ensure their block rewards comes to them. theres got to be a happy medium, and thats why the lead developer here has been asking for community input.

a longer blocktime reduces the minting of the coins, but not by that much, but keeps the defaltionary aspect of the currency in check. so, whats the happy medium?

3) Premines and IPO's are overdone and unecessary. No serious developer wants to be paid in an untested currency.

that can be looked at from both sides. a massive premine or crowdfunding breeds distrust amongst the community. still, bounties must be
paid, for evolution of the system by outside developers, for those that help set up essential services for the currency (faucets, foreign language translations, etc). and with no premine or reserve, where do those bounties come from? those funds have to come from somewhere.

on your second point, i think if you believe in the project and are only receiving funds paid in what currency you are building, it makes a developer work harder to make sure that the front end of things is running smoothly, that the underlying system is built as flawlessly as possible. this is especially true when you arent taking out a massive payment from a reserve for the work you have done that can be just dumped on the market. with ethereum, for instance, ive looked onoine trying to find the ammount each was paid in the currency for their work and cant find it anywhere. here, the lead developer has publically stated what bounty the core development team will be looking at, and ive already stated that those wallet addresses should be made public for investigation thru the blockchain explorer to ensure that those coins are not being dumped willy nilly on the market. i think that counts as transparency.

if you do a slap-dash job, what you get paid in is worthless, and youve wasted your time. if you do an exemplary job and the project succeeds because of that, then you gain financially by that beyond intial expectations. being paid in the currency you create, your reward stands by the work you have done. both software and marketing. slack off on either and you have just another altcoin in a cryptoworld glutted with vanity coins and scamcoins that developers use to make quick money and then walk away from. if you are INVESTED in your own project, and are serious about its long term success, then you do a better job, and the rewards are greater. but, i think that counts for ANY scenario, really. just the way i was raised.

the entire thing is a tightrope, do you have a hard-capped currency that switches to PoS at a later date? how quickly or slowly do you have the minting process run? too quick and you have a market flooded, like ETH (and its current 73million minted coins, with which they are only NOW talking about the possibility of a hard cap), which quickly loses its luster and traders (investors) walk away from it. too slow (i.e. low block rewards and long blocktime) and you have no interest in mining it,or hosting nodes, etc; but with scarcity breeds value and coin-life expectancy as well. a lot of it is finding out WHAT the market wants, and what it doesnt and then finding a happy medium.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoldenEye

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:40:07 PM

There is an old bug in the SOILsafe GUI, inherited from Etherwall:
Transactions tab, enter a value with comma instead a decimal point (e.g. 1,1)
SOILsafe is immediately terminated with an exception.
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 08:30:33 PM

Food for thought:

altsheets.ddns.net/texts

Really interesting!
I'm keen to know more about "The Third Way".
Thanks

Thanks. Me too.
Truly puzzled what is the progressive way forward ...
especially with the current majority type of user attitude.

A thought: IFF you decide ", No premine":

The 1st clone is trying with a tiny premine, Team managed.
   The 2nd clone with a huge premine, "Community Managed".

In terms of sheer numbers ... what are your striking arguments for going even below the 1st?

Alternatively: What about targeting the middle grounds?

To protect it, you could perhaps lock it into long term smart contracts with multi-sig accounts?

Oh ... anyone wants to share the above text, please retweet here:
https://twitter.com/altsheets/status/646288982066733056
Thanks.

Smiley

I received a PM from a community manager or something. I still echo the statements others have brought up, and was provided no information in said PM.

1) What purpose or target audience is this for? How does/will it differ from Ethereum? Initial develoment seemed limited to little more than:

Code:

2) Lower block times increase the likelihood of double-spends and orphaned blocks.

3) Premines and IPO's are overdone and unecessary. No serious developer wants to be paid in an untested currency.

Genuinely curious as to the response on these points.

I'm not the only one questioning this project. A lot of people are cautious and you can't blame them for this, as cryptos are really a volatile platform.

Code:

as with ethereum, the speculative currency is as important was the ability to drop the autonomou and decentraized applications on top of the blockchain, using the coin as the fuel to pay for the use of those applications, and having the mining of the blockchian be the verification process to ensure stability. the difference is that unlike ethereum, which seems content enough that you CAN drpo code on the blockchain and walk away content that it will continue to run seamlessly, with no real open plan as to WHAT applications those might be (which leaves things open to malicious code, and if hackers can take advantage of something they WILL), with SOIL, the marketing of the smart contracts will be industry sector driven, focused. keeping with the name, thus the branding of SOIL, we can focus those contrats on the ecology sector... auotomated farming processes.. as i mentioned in an earlier post.. dairy farms, poultry farms, unmanned tractors and intelligent crop data. these are generally completely centralized to the farms personal servers itself and are thus vulnerable to hardware failure of the computer, etc. by offering them a global network of computers to keep their applications running brings stablility and safety. it affects their bottom line, if theres a failure on their system, they can face massive losses and downtime. SOIL can bridge that gap between the real world and the cryptocurrency world. with a focussed market, it also builds a brand name, and a recognition that if you want safety for your data, with the assurance your data remains YOUR data, you drop it into SOIL and stop worrying about it.

my family has a large hatchery in alberta. pretty much everything is automated nowadays. the computer that ran the program that set parameters for the incubators crashed last year, dropping the temperature in the incubators (it was february) and freezing solid something close to a hundred thousand eggs. being a meat farm, and considering the general attrition rates after sexing and mortality, that was the loss of about 40,000 market hens. it cost them a little over 120,000 in potential revenue, all because something on the motherboard on the computer in the house went kerflooey. (my fathers technical term) a lot of other systems were affected by this and it took him newarly a week to get it all sorted out and started up again, and because its a choreographed process, he wound up being two to three months behind and it took him well into fall to catch up.

set on SOIL, those applications that monitored the incubator would not have had the same likelyhood of failure. thats the real world application of the system, and most farmers out there wouldnt have a clue what the ethereum (or SOIL) platform *IS* never mind cryptocurrency as a whole. they just care about keeping things running seamlessly and if we can offer a better chance to keep that going, those applications can be built on the chain to ensure that. the world of modern agriculture is HIGHLY automated, and while hardware failure might account for 10% of overall losses in a year, all told, that 10% represents a large cash loss overall.

this marketing aspect is important, but its until we hae a stable and confirmed blockchain that we can start setting those applications on it. the fact that the code is large for the running of these programs is irrelevant. "Auger", the shiny baby that will be the example of the potentialities of ethereum, is pretty large too.

i read thru vitaliks ideas about that which were linked to in a post somewhere above. where he was essentially looking at the difference between BTCs and ETHs block times and how each would be affected by orphans, uncles and double-spending attacks. a larger block time for a system like SOIL wouldnt be bad because its less about market transactoins (buying a pack of bubblegum) than it is about runing the smart contracts to ensure stability. the only downside with longer block times seems to be that the potential miners have to wait a little longer to ensure their block rewards comes to them. theres got to be a happy medium, and thats why the lead developer here has been asking for community input.

a longer blocktime reduces the minting of the coins, but not by that much, but keeps the defaltionary aspect of the currency in check. so, whats the happy medium?

that can be looked at from both sides. a massive premine or crowdfunding breeds distrust amongst the community. still, bounties must be
paid, for evolution of the system by outside developers, for those that help set up essential services for the currency (faucets, foreign language translations, etc). and with no premine or reserve, where do those bounties come from? those funds have to come from somewhere.

on your second point, i think if you believe in the project and are only receiving funds paid in what currency you are building, it makes a developer work harder to make sure that the front end of things is running smoothly, that the underlying system is built as flawlessly as possible. this is especially true when you arent taking out a massive payment from a reserve for the work you have done that can be just dumped on the market. with ethereum, for instance, ive looked onoine trying to find the ammount each was paid in the currency for their work and cant find it anywhere. here, the lead developer has publically stated what bounty the core development team will be looking at, and ive already stated that those wallet addresses should be made public for investigation thru the blockchain explorer to ensure that those coins are not being dumped willy nilly on the market. i think that counts as transparency.

if you do a slap-dash job, what you get paid in is worthless, and youve wasted your time. if you do an exemplary job and the project succeeds because of that, then you gain financially by that beyond intial expectations. being paid in the currency you create, your reward stands by the work you have done. both software and marketing. slack off on either and you have just another altcoin in a cryptoworld glutted with vanity coins and scamcoins that developers use to make quick money and then walk away from. if you are INVESTED in your own project, and are serious about its long term success, then you do a better job, and the rewards are greater. but, i think that counts for ANY scenario, really. just the way i was raised.

the entire thing is a tightrope, do you have a hard-capped currency that switches to PoS at a later date? how quickly or slowly do you have the minting process run? too quick and you have a market flooded, like ETH (and its current 73million minted coins, with which they are only NOW talking about the possibility of a hard cap), which quickly loses its luster and traders (investors) walk away from it. too slow (i.e. low block rewards and long blocktime) and you have no interest in mining it,or hosting nodes, etc; but with scarcity breeds value and coin-life expectancy as well. a lot of it is finding out WHAT the market wants, and what it doesnt and then finding a happy medium.

Are you the community manager, because you seem to be giving more info than the dev and what ever is posted on the OP? If you are, you should have some thing similar posted in the OP? By what you are saying, SOIL will use DAPPS for agricultural/farming usages?

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
soil (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

SOILteam

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 12:23:36 AM

There is an old bug in the SOILsafe GUI, inherited from Etherwall:
Transactions tab, enter a value with comma instead a decimal point (e.g. 1,1)
SOILsafe is immediately terminated with an exception.

Thanks for letting us know!
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:02:29 AM

[/quote]

Are you the community manager, because you seem to be giving more info than the dev and what ever is posted on the OP? If you are, you should have some thing similar posted in the OP? By what you are saying, SOIL will use DAPPS for agricultural/farming usages?
[/quote]

i have come on board as the community manager, and will be working to help market SOIL to the specific industry ive outlined in the post above. i became very excited by ethereum when it first came out BECAUSE of its possibilities, and when i became involved with SOIL it was after speaking to the developer and coming to the conclusion that he isnt in this for a quick in and out sort of coin, that he wants to build something long lasting. using his vision of the elements, as it were, (fire, water, air and SOIL) i found that we could make a very sustainable business plan to work towards using those DAPPS in a targeted way. ethereum will be a great platform for programmers and DAPP developers of all stripes, but in that, it lacks cohesion, it lacks a vision other than to toss as many applications on the blockchain as it can. now, there are some fanstastic applications that are being prepared to go on the ethereum platform.

auger will change decision making in many markets using an analysis of global and consumer perceptions. "slockit" can make focused and small rental agreements an efficient thing, as does "airlock". "provenance" will make it easier for us, the consumer, to know EXACTLY where our products come from, each small part of it. and more will doubtlessly be added that will be innovative and wonderful.

with SOIL, i think we can focus the attainable power of the DAPP platforms and bring this technology to sectors that, at this point, have little understanding of it, but once its potential is begun to be understood, will need a trusted network to place their applications on, one without downtime, fraud, or third party interference. the "internet of things" is just a pretty collection of words until you start to look at where things are going and the further interconnectness we will have with the ethereum-platform based blockchains.

by focussing on the agricultural and ecological market, SOIL can tap into a quickly transforming sector of the economy, and probably the MOST important part of any economy. first and foremost, we all need to eat. we all need what farms and ranches and mines produce. that they are doing so in a more automated fashion, but with centralized servers controlling that, which can lead to the risks of downtime, server failure and the like. a system is only as strong as its foundation. by offering a "globally executed virtual machine" with cryptographic protection, and decentralized protocols, we can be at the forefront of this technological revolution, and we can build a brand name amongst that industry as the trusted place to have those applications run.

the OP has been updated with some of this vision presented, i spent a few days crafting something that would resonate and at the same time show where we plan to innovate, to outline a further business plan beyond the simple idea of a conceptive monetary system. ethereum, and thus SOIL, is so much more than just "money" of some sort. and we are standing on the cusp of that realization. to grab a specific market share, the automation of agricultural practices, one that has projections to be worth more than 16 billion by the end of the decade, gives this project a focus and relevance.

beyond simple ag-market automation, we can focus on other ecological industries that, as everything else in todays world, require an integrated communicative network. alternative energy resources can be focused upon, photovoltaics, even petroleum exploration can be served by the SOIL network. i have been communicating this vision as best as i can over the past week, building upon the business plan and vision that can make SOIL something much more than just a coin you trade at the exchanges. peter, our lead software developer is doing what he does best, innovating on the base ethereum platform, and i will be working on marketing that platform, bringing in smart contracts. to get there, we need to build the foundation first. to build the secure blockchain as a foundation for those applications the market hasnt even realized it needs yet. thats what innovation IS. build something that everyone will need before they know they need it. and they WILL need it, and they will build upon the platform because, at the end of the day, it will provide a secure, always-running, decentralized location that they can trust to run the programs. and it will save them money against the bottom line, overall. and to a business mind, while innovation is wonderful, it is only useful if it provides that security and if it provides them a savings in the accounting ledger books.

SOIL will be using DAPPS to help power the automation of the agricultural industry, and mining and ecology. SOIL will bring real world applications to the cryptoworld, making both stronger. its a HUGE vision. but one that is VERY attainable at this early stage of this innovative platform. will we see, say, John Deere, or Eyking Eggs onboard the SOIL platform inthe next month. of course not. we have to have the platform secure and ready for them first. will we have them onboard in teh next year? yes, and many more. focus right now is on getting this coin to market, to launching the blockchain and proving its stability and security. the focus is on building the brand and making it THE BEST ALTERNATIVE for that industry, one that understands where their innovations are progressing to and will cater to those needs for smart contracts that will run their automation without them having to worry about it. this is not a two month life cycle altcoin model. this is a multiyear plan to bring about change in both our cryptocurrency world and in the agribusiness world, marrying the two. this is what makes SOIL innovative, and IMPORTANT. this is why i signed on, have given .. oh.. sixty hours in the last week alone working on the social media presence of the project as well as formulating the business plan that will make SOIL relevant in a market already glutted with digital tender. this is why we want you to spend your money, and BTC and doge and litecoins on SOIL when it comes to market, this is why we want you to hold it and become members of our community, voting on the evolution of the platform, and benefitting when the realization of this vision comes to pass.

think of this as a crowdfunding in a way. we ask you to invest in our platform which will become stronger because of it, and which will innovate an entire sector of industry by providing them with something they havent even realized they need, yet. oh, they know they need something like this, they just arent fullly cognizant that its here, NOW. this is why we want the stakeholders of SOIL to have a voice in the evolution of the platform. this is crowdfunding but that you receive something of value immediately. you receive SOIL, thru mining, purchasing them on the exchanges, or thru bounty programs. and by becoming a part of this community, you become part of something larger than all of us put together.

to have success, one must have vision and imagination. we ask you to trust in our system. we ask you to invest in our currency when it becomes available. and we ask you to become involved when we begin the consensus driven aspect of the project, where your stake in this coin becomes your voice in the future. i believe in this project, or else i wouldnt have come on board and given my time to it. (as well as countless cups of coffee) we have a vision, and a focused plan that will create great things, but we must do so much as the lead developer has done, patiently and properly.

we will launch very soon. you will all be made aware of the launch date well before it happens and a countdown clock will be added to the OP reflecting that as soon as that date is set in stone. this will be a fair launch on what peter calls "a virgin blockchain" and everyone that is prepared to become involved from the genesis of this project will see that investment mean something. currency, especially cryptocurrency, is only worth as much as the aggregate consensus agrees it is worth. this project is about more than currency. its about the future. which is what the dream of bitcoin was supposed to be in the first place. its just now time to reclaim that.
mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 05:53:31 AM

When is the expected launch of the main net? when is the mining going to take place? How can we mine the coin when it launches?
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:45:57 AM

When is the expected launch of the main net? when is the mining going to take place? How can we mine the coin when it launches?

I hope ocminer will set up pool.
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:49:00 AM

If he doesnt die of old age first.
hoze

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:26:00 AM

https://soil.suprnova.cc
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:25:14 PM

https://soil.suprnova.cc

Great as always he delivers Smiley
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 01:13:35 PM

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
benjy33
Legendary

Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:00:26 PM

launch?  exange ?
GoldenEye

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:52:51 PM

Exception and quick exit in the SOILsafe GUI after creating a transaction:

Code:
ERROR   [src/bigint.cpp, #975; Vin] BigInt::Ulong value too big: 
i_unit              = 140645502055701, 0x7fea95307515
BASE2               = 1000000000, 0x3b9aca00
MAX_UNIT_VALUE      = 4611686018427387903, 0x3fffffffffffffff

SOILsafe: src/bigint.cpp:978: BigInt::Vin::Vin(BigInt::Ulong): Zusicherung »i_unit < BASE2« nicht erfüllt.
Abgebrochen

The transaction was sent (tx shown in console), but SOILsafe was immediately closed.

The same behavior in the Shift GUI

EDIT: current github sources, Linux x64, QT5.5
GoldenEye

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:07:26 PM

Hi community,

if some one of you have a server on hand with a changeless ip address, please contribute to SOIL
in setting up a node for the test-net.

We offer a bounty for every community member who setup one node or more.
You will be part of the main-net genesis, because we will place the bounty direcly in there for your SOIL address!

Node setup for Ubuntu 14.04:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install git binutils bison gcc make libgmp3-dev build-essential
bash < <(curl -s -S -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moovweb/gvm/master/binscripts/gvm-installer)
echo "[[ -s \"$HOME/.gvm/scripts/gvm\" ]] && source \"$HOME/.gvm/scripts/gvm\"" >> ~/.bashrc
source ~/.bashrc
gvm install go1.4
gvm use go1.4 --default
git clone https://github.com/soilcurrency/go-ethereum.git
cd go-ethereum
make gsoil

./build/bin/gsoil account new
./build/bin/gsoil --rpc --networkid="39338" --maxpeers=100 --genesis test-net-genesis.json console

Post your node string in our thread here, together with the ip address of the server
i.e.:
enode://somehexcode@45.63.84.6:39338

Thanks

I added a 2nd soil server

Code:
admin.addPeer("enode://804216dadbb4199845b1ec2f788e608f7a5bcae10cea448031b209009d3b68e64e6ba3c35f8220fd28ea65e64ab7abc2cf65eb3198db71869268bac6156acd7c@194.135.92.93:39338")
soil (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

SOILteam

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 08:11:00 PM

Hi community,

if some one of you have a server on hand with a changeless ip address, please contribute to SOIL
in setting up a node for the test-net.

We offer a bounty for every community member who setup one node or more.
You will be part of the main-net genesis, because we will place the bounty direcly in there for your SOIL address!

Node setup for Ubuntu 14.04:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install git binutils bison gcc make libgmp3-dev build-essential
bash < <(curl -s -S -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moovweb/gvm/master/binscripts/gvm-installer)
echo "[[ -s \"$HOME/.gvm/scripts/gvm\" ]] && source \"$HOME/.gvm/scripts/gvm\"" >> ~/.bashrc
source ~/.bashrc
gvm install go1.4
gvm use go1.4 --default
git clone https://github.com/soilcurrency/go-ethereum.git
cd go-ethereum
make gsoil

./build/bin/gsoil account new
./build/bin/gsoil --rpc --networkid="39338" --maxpeers=100 --genesis test-net-genesis.json console

Post your node string in our thread here, together with the ip address of the server
i.e.:
enode://somehexcode@45.63.84.6:39338

Thanks

I added a 2nd soil server

Code:
admin.addPeer("enode://804216dadbb4199845b1ec2f788e608f7a5bcae10cea448031b209009d3b68e64e6ba3c35f8220fd28ea65e64ab7abc2cf65eb3198db71869268bac6156acd7c@194.135.92.93:39338")

Thanks!
OP updated.
ZonedOutSpace

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

From Russia with love

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:36:19 PM

No launch date yet?
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 09:30:30 PM

So much dev asking community about every aspect of coin, pre-mine, voting.
Just set up a fair coin without pre-mine and they will come.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money