May 10, 2024, 04:43:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237558 times)
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:17:14 AM

Yes it is risky but sometimes you get rewarded for that, i have 8k soil.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ktfutura

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:19:26 AM

the demand and price for SOIL is so low they should call this coin SHIT
tlmoscow

Activity: 124

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:12:12 AM

I feel future pump for SOIL. Got 10k, not gonna sell under 0.00005.
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:27:47 PM

Same to me, prefer to lose some short time and btc than to sell cheap. Price will go up when the devs share their plans.
IOC_Lov3rs

Activity: 135

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:37:39 AM

how many supply ?  Angry
wildduck
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:50:40 AM

Same to me, prefer to lose some short time and btc than to sell cheap. Price will go up when the devs share their plans.
agree, only a matter of time  Wink
They said that few days ago, so we just need to wait.

short term: we're working on porting into an android (and then iOS) wallet, which will bring us a step closer to marketability for retail use as well as let you take your SOIL with you. we're talking with other DApps developers, specifically regarding porting over a blockchain hosted decentralized exchange with SOIL as the base currency. we are hoping to be listed on the ETH-platform hosted iteration of this as well, as a cross-chain parallel currency, not exactly a subcurrency strictly speaking (the token program available thru the ETH platform) but as silver to Ethereum's gold, analogously speaking.

right now we are focusing on the population of the blockchain with middleware DApps with which the long term goals of autonous ag hosting and renewable energy monitoring concerns implementation. the DAPPsphere is an exciting, open source, treasure trove of applications that can be repurposed towards SOILs unique vision.

mid-term projects that we're looking into and working on... a DApps toolkit/framework for SOIL, swarm implementation of p2p data and file transfer (enabling intelligent databases in teh future), and something that wll probably start out as a community message board, but has the potential to be expanded into a social media outlet. id like to see a simple interface graphical miner that could be integrated into SOILsafe, running gsoil and ethminer in the background and a SOIL "marketplace" in the near-to-midterm future, but essentially right now, development is towards a simpler and streamlined wallet service, improved mining and middleware development.
tlmoscow

Activity: 124

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:26:22 AM

short term
november?
TRilon

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:31:42 PM

short term: we're working on porting into an android (and then iOS) wallet, which will bring us a step closer to marketability for retail use as well as let you take your SOIL with you. we're talking with other DApps developers, specifically regarding porting over a blockchain hosted decentralized exchange with SOIL as the base currency. we are hoping to be listed on the ETH-platform hosted iteration of this as well, as a cross-chain parallel currency, not exactly a subcurrency strictly speaking (the token program available thru the ETH platform) but as silver to Ethereum's gold, analogously speaking.
This suggests that the work on the project is underway. You should not lose heart
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:46:48 PM

This suggests that the work on the project is underway. You should not lose heart

the android wallet (bug-free) should be set up by end of this week, im hoping. an iOS version should follow soon after that. those projects will enable us to move closer to retail merchant acceptance. i have been working on the porting of EtherEx to the SOIL-network. being as its still in beta-testing on the parent-network, theres bugs even on this end to work out. im also working on, and very close to finishing, porting over BTCrelay to the SOIL-network. this will enable seemless transfer, via quick escrow, of BTC into the SOIL-Exchange, as well as allow us to look into exchange with other minor altcoins. im hoping that we'll be able to bring across other altcoins into the exchange for trading. the main trading pair would be SOIL-BTC, although with cross-chain communication, we should be able to easily have SOIL-ETH (and EXP/SHF) set into the exchange as well. the other thing that will be possible with an in-house exchange will be to trade SOIL-created "tokens" or subcurrencies (which is one of the easier contracts to create on the network) the details of that are complex but not impossible. id say we're looking at end of november for the SOIL-Exchange to be up and running.

the challenge, for me, there, has been getting an intimate understanding of the different algorithms at play. presently, simple cross-chain exchange, be it between ETH and BTC or any other cryptocurrencies from one to another, requires a special "altchain" to be constructed, running the transaction from each crypto into that and then out. what ive been looking at regarding that, with some of the smart contracts that are available, not just linked into the idea of an exchange right now, should be able to ensure that such transactions onto and off the SOIL-blockchain will be done with no nlocktime, no multisig, and no special script necessary.

beyond that, now that im getting comfortable with Solidity, is a lot of work on the framework DApps that will allow contracts to speak to eachother, which will make the longterm goal of autonomous agriculture and renewable energy concerns ersatz cloud computing easier to implement. being that ive never been considered a programmer, ive found working with Solidity easier than expected, but *IM* still a work in process regarding that... (chuckles) there are so many resources online, though, that learning Solidity isnt too hard, and from what ive read, it promises to become the natural programmatic language for ETH-based systems.

we are exploring the different open source block explorers that will give richer and comprehensive information of the system. im confident that we can have something set up by mid-November regarding that.

the other project im looking at, which i feel will be one of the more important ones, is a DApp development framework editor which will make creating DApps and launching them into the network much easier. theres a lot of working parts in motion right now, and ill naturally keep all apprised to when significant DApps are launched into the network for you all to play with.

as for the current value of SOIL, theres little to nothing i can do about that. as mentioned previously, neither myself or peter have placed *ANY* SOIL whatsoever into the markets. the price will appreciate, especially when we begin to continuously add features to the system. presently, nearly half of the minted SOIL is up for sale on the market, and if i could buy it all, i would. im on a military pension and dont have very deep pockets.... personally id *LOVE* to attract a large investor into our system. we have never approached anyone regarding investing, everything that has been done has been on our own dime and our own time.

id desperately like to have everyone thats been involved with us since the start make a lot of money from SOIL. this is an incredible community, and aside from the few malcontents that tend to post FUDerrific comments on EVERY altcoin discussion they post to, i think everyone has been understanding. i thank you all for that...
idolacchacked

Activity: 598
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:14:17 PM

the android wallet (bug-free) should be set up by end of this week, im hoping. an iOS version should follow soon after that. those projects will enable us to move closer to retail merchant acceptance. i have been working on the porting of EtherEx to the SOIL-network. being as its still in beta-testing on the parent-network, theres bugs even on this end to work out. im also working on, and very close to finishing, porting over BTCrelay to the SOIL-network. this will enable seemless transfer, via quick escrow, of BTC into the SOIL-Exchange, as well as allow us to look into exchange with other minor altcoins. im hoping that we'll be able to bring across other altcoins into the exchange for trading. the main trading pair would be SOIL-BTC, although with cross-chain communication, we should be able to easily have SOIL-ETH (and EXP/SHF) set into the exchange as well. the other thing that will be possible with an in-house exchange will be to trade SOIL-created "tokens" or subcurrencies (which is one of the easier contracts to create on the network) the details of that are complex but not impossible. id say we're looking at end of november for the SOIL-Exchange to be up and running. .............

id desperately like to have everyone thats been involved with us since the start make a lot of money from SOIL. this is an incredible community, and aside from the few malcontents that tend to post FUDerrific comments on EVERY altcoin discussion they post to, i think everyone has been understanding. i thank you all for that...

great  post
TY for the update
i been mining for last few days getting lot of coins Smiley .. during normal times cant get many coins mining with my hashing power..

crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 10:30:27 PM

the android wallet (bug-free) should be set up by end of this week, im hoping. an iOS version should follow soon after that. those projects will enable us to move closer to retail merchant acceptance. i have been working on the porting of EtherEx to the SOIL-network. being as its still in beta-testing on the parent-network, theres bugs even on this end to work out. im also working on, and very close to finishing, porting over BTCrelay to the SOIL-network. this will enable seemless transfer, via quick escrow, of BTC into the SOIL-Exchange, as well as allow us to look into exchange with other minor altcoins. im hoping that we'll be able to bring across other altcoins into the exchange for trading. the main trading pair would be SOIL-BTC, although with cross-chain communication, we should be able to easily have SOIL-ETH (and EXP/SHF) set into the exchange as well. the other thing that will be possible with an in-house exchange will be to trade SOIL-created "tokens" or subcurrencies (which is one of the easier contracts to create on the network) the details of that are complex but not impossible. id say we're looking at end of november for the SOIL-Exchange to be up and running. .............

great  post
TY for the update
i been mining for last few days getting lot of coins Smiley .. during normal times cant get many coins mining with my hashing power..

plus 1
I don't regred that I accumulated some extra SOIL.
Great plans and very strange that the potential of SOIL is not reconised yet by othes.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
abvhiael

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:22:08 AM

great  post
TY for the update

plus 1
I don't regred that I accumulated some extra SOIL.
Great plans and very strange that the potential of SOIL is not reconised yet by othes.

i think a lot of people view SOIL (and Ethereum, Expanse and Shift by default) as the same thing as many other vanity coins out there. thats the problem with the glut of crypto thats come out in the last few years. so many pointless coins that were made either as get-rich-quick schemes or as monuments to beleaguered vanity. id watched countless coins come up, disappear without a whimper... and then the devs walk away from it only to start another worthless unfocused currency... rinse repeat... when Ethereum came about it was like a flashbang grenade. the POTENTIAL of what could be built. butterin described it as something "that could change everything about how we use the internet" and it made SENSE.

when i answered peters call for people to come on board SOIL, i answered immediately. (id actually written to the SHIFT team too, when they were looking for a community manager, but they were going with someone else who had more of an exposure on the boards... me, id been a lurker for a LONG time, never posting much...) peter had the same vision as i did, on what the EVM could create. the tricky part is getting from HERE to THERE. right now, its baby steps. build framework DApps, start to populate the blockchain network with contracts.

theres a TON of amazing IDEAS out there. some projects are a perfect fit for our platform and vision (FarmShare as an example) and im hoping that we can get some of those people to deploy on SOIL rather than Ethereum. another amazing project out there is BlockNet, what they are calling an "inter-blockchain" platform allowing every currency to "communicate" with eachother... things like that will make a SOIL-exchange so much easier to implement.

in five years, therell be a million DApps, and everyone will have heard of Ethereum and its children. the important thing in that interval will be to innovate and keep up with the big boys with the big bucks and corporate sponsorships over there. maybe its time to start contacting some venture capitalists for a monetary infusion into SOIL, start hiring out developers to build what we need faster than peter and i are able to. (especially me, who needs to refer to a dozen websites for assistance with the simplest of smart contracts, but at least im TRYING)

i see SOIL as being something incredible as we go along. decentralized expert-knowledge databases for agribusiness and renewable energy, intelligent context-aware applications, industry driven marketplaces... i want to build a BRAND not just a coin. and ill be riding this train the whole way, no matter what the valuation of SOIL is, whether its a third of a cent or a dollar fifty or fifty dollars..
aagert

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

📱 Electroneum 📱 cryptocurrency

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:17:09 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 03:41:34 AM by aagert

abvhiael,
Very nice updates, thanks. Keep on moving ^_^
Right now is the best time for SOIL believers for buy or to mine. When value increase, it will be much harder to get these tokens.

I believe that the best way to contribute to cryptoworld ( => freedom) now is to DEVELOP useful software, based on Ethereum or Soil, because these things give us great tools to enhance blockchain tech. These things ARE the tools, actually. Ethereum being a universal platform, and Soil being more specific and pointed towards some environmental sphere. I'd be very-very happy to help both projects, buy I'm a full-time JS developer, and unfortunately I have to spend about 10-12h every day on current projects at work, which have nothing to do with crypto. But I hope that closer to January I'll have more free time to learn how to use Solidity and do some smart contract development. I believe that is the future.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄███████▄▄ ▀
  ▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀ ▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄██████▀▀ ▄▄███▀ ▄▄ ▀▄
▄█ ████▀▀ ▄▄█████▀ ▄████ █▄
█ ▄█████▄  ▀██████▄ ▀███▄ █
█ ███▀▀▀ ▄███████▀ ▄▄▄███ █
█ ▀███▄ ▀██████▄  ▀█████▀ █
▀█ ████▀ ▄█████▀▀ ▄▄████ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀▀ ▄███▀▀ ▄▄██████▀ ▄▀
  ▀▀ ▄█▀▀ ▄▄████████▀ ▄█▀
    ▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄█▀
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
electroneum▄████████████▄
██████▄▄▄▄██████
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄██▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
███████▀▀███████
 ▀█████▄▄█████▀
▄██████████████▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄▄█▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀█████▄▄▄▄█████▀
||
tdokta

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:56:28 PM

interesting this system, am looking for more info, where can i find environmental application for the SOIL smart contract? have read the OP and a lot of FUD and other technical info, what i am interested in is further info on the world wide application on this system.

does SOIL support organics or does this system continue to support the agri business status quo, or is it about change to the system in support of natural systems?

thanks,
abvhiael

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:25:02 PM

interesting this system, am looking for more info, where can i find environmental application for the SOIL smart contract? have read the OP and a lot of FUD and other technical info, what i am interested in is further info on the world wide application on this system.

does SOIL support organics or does this system continue to support the agri business status quo, or is it about change to the system in support of natural systems?

thanks,

i apologize for the delay in response to your question. i have been receiving a lot of 502 "bad gateway" errors on this site over the last 48 hours...

there are a lot of simply computational applications that can be realized on the SOIL network with regards to environmental and renewable energy utilization. determination of wind and solar penetration for wind and solar farms, grid interconnection studies, generation management systems, wind turbine performance monitoring, microgrid monitoring, biomass scenario modelling, utility-scale renewable energy storage and cogeneration analysis, weather forecasting systems, cloud cover imaging, carbon footprint calculators... the possibilities are endless. also, by using the EVM technology which creates a global network, less drain locally by these companies and concerns will be realized, making the system itself greener.

we wont be picky when it comes to supporting agricultural businesses. the status quo wont be thus for long. the adoption of automation is increasing exponentially throughout the industry. although our initial focus will be on the autonomous ag tech providers and end users, we are looking into how to serve the majority of ag business concerns. this is about reliancy and uptime of a secure system for running thier computational needs at a lesser cost than using traditional cloud computing services. im hoping that within five years we'll be set as a trusted brand for this industry.
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 03:46:48 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2015, 06:22:20 AM by crypto4jan

thanks,

i apologize for the delay in response to your question. i have been receiving a lot of 502 "bad gateway" errors on this site over the last 48 hours...

there are a lot of simply computational applications that can be realized on the SOIL network with regards to environmental and renewable energy utilization. determination of wind and solar penetration for wind and solar farms, grid interconnection studies, generation management systems, wind turbine performance monitoring, microgrid monitoring, biomass scenario modelling, utility-scale renewable energy storage and cogeneration analysis, weather forecasting systems, cloud cover imaging, carbon footprint calculators... the possibilities are endless. also, by using the EVM technology which creates a global network, less drain locally by these companies and concerns will be realized, making the system itself greener.

we wont be picky when it comes to supporting agricultural businesses. the status quo wont be thus for long. the adoption of automation is increasing exponentially throughout the industry. although our initial focus will be on the autonomous ag tech providers and end users, we are looking into how to serve the majority of ag business concerns. this is about reliancy and uptime of a secure system for running thier computational needs at a lesser cost than using traditional cloud computing services. im hoping that within five years we'll be set as a trusted brand for this industry.
Thx abvhiael for your update and all the others for the dump on my buy orders!
On Bittrex I'm now #2 on the rich list with 31KSOIL! -> 43.8KSOIL!

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
mitache365

Activity: 731

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 06:38:40 AM

Price will go up when the devs share their plans.

I am not sure they have any plans Smiley

BTC
mrongoz_imut

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 03:25:27 AM

Price will go up when the devs share their plans.

I am not sure they have any plans Smiley
still waiting good news ... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

.1xBit.com..TICKET ..RUSH...
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
..TAKE PART..
wildduck
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:25:19 AM

We are all waiting for the good news Smiley
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:41:23 AM

We are all waiting for the good news Smiley

Not this, even not next year. I can wait but I am not sure 95% of the people in crypto will do.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: