May 06, 2024, 09:38:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237558 times)
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:06:34 PM

My testnet address : 0xe917d06b0904f6c31f5f6af3f6833215fde09a09

thank you. its been added to my list. many MANY thanks for contributing to the test net!!
~abvhiael

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
benjy33
Legendary

Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:05:55 PM

price stimated?
aagert

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

📱 Electroneum 📱 cryptocurrency

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 11:05:41 PM

How can I know (or ensure) that I am mining on actual testnet, not a fork or something?

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄███████▄▄ ▀
  ▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀ ▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄██████▀▀ ▄▄███▀ ▄▄ ▀▄
▄█ ████▀▀ ▄▄█████▀ ▄████ █▄
█ ▄█████▄  ▀██████▄ ▀███▄ █
█ ███▀▀▀ ▄███████▀ ▄▄▄███ █
█ ▀███▄ ▀██████▄  ▀█████▀ █
▀█ ████▀ ▄█████▀▀ ▄▄████ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀▀ ▄███▀▀ ▄▄██████▀ ▄▀
  ▀▀ ▄█▀▀ ▄▄████████▀ ▄█▀
    ▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄█▀
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
electroneum▄████████████▄
██████▄▄▄▄██████
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄██▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
███████▀▀███████
 ▀█████▄▄█████▀
▄██████████████▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄▄█▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀█████▄▄▄▄█████▀
||
nix_on

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:45:54 AM

How can I know (or ensure) that I am mining on actual testnet, not a fork or something?
Block high (number) if it's over 72k you are on testnet
mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 01:56:19 AM

Will you release a new version of the packages before main net lauch? or we should use the same programs for test-net mining? What configurations will we need to change to gets things working?
Hope someone can clear this up Cheesy
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:58:07 PM

Block high (number) if it's over 72k you are on testnet

dev should also post a certain block's hash (block 100 for example) when it launches and if yours is the same - you are on.
abvhiael

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:02:26 PM

Will you release a new version of the packages before main net lauch? or we should use the same programs for test-net mining? What configurations will we need to change to gets things working?
Hope someone can clear this up Cheesy

there will be a main-net package released for the launch. it will be out well before launch to ensure that everyone can get it set up without any issues. i can send you the link once its released through private message, and it will be posted here in the OP as well.
Bojcha

Activity: 848
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:46:58 PM

So what is final number of coins? Also isn't 8 coins per block bit much? ..but also depends on question one.
abvhiael

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:12:48 PM

So what is final number of coins? Also isn't 8 coins per block bit much? ..but also depends on question one.

the issue of a hard cap on the amount of total SOIL is something we plan on bringing to the community for a fair vote once we have enough minted coins in the hands of stakeholders to ensure a fair decision. personally, and economically speaking, i am for a cap of 30million SOIL, around the same cap that REDDCOIN has. a hard cap decreases the deflationary pull of a cryptocurrency with unlimited or billions of coins. ive done some of the math, and with the block reward and block times, we should see nearly 2500 blocks a day, minting around 19750 SOIL a day. this will produce a little north of 900,000 blocks a year for a total minting of a little more than 7.2 million SOIL a year. if we look to halve the block reward every 2million blocks, we would be halving the reward every two years. thus, after year2, there would be approximately 14.5 million SOIL minted. after the first halving, there would be 3.8 million SOIL minted a year, or 7.6 million SOIL before the next expected halving. following this schedule, it would take a little over ten years to reach a cap of 30 million SOIL.

other members of the community have asked about a switch eventually to PoS, which, if we waited until 75% of total coins were minted, this would not be an issue until year 6. this would give more than ample time for the difficult algorithms and inherent issues relating to a punitive proof of stake problem. the underlying ethereum platform will naturally have found solutions to these problems by then. by increasing a hard cap of minted SOIL to even 35 million, this would increase the minting lifespan of the coin up to another decade, depending on the stake reward percentage offered at that time.

these will be the sorts of questions that we will seek community consensus from when we have minted enough SOIL to ensure a fair voting process without any one person or small cabal of shareholders having a disproportionate voting bloc. ive already begun looking at third party decentralized voting platforms (such as BitCongress or CryptoVoter, or by building a system like Axiomity onto the blockchain for such a purpose) which would maintain the privacy of an individual stakeholders votes, eliminating vote coercion and reputation effects, and would also defacilitate stategic voting blocs. this would also prevent simple vetos and single transferable voting schemes.

the idea of one person/one vote compared to the one share/one vote paradigm is something we have to decide before that time, although i lean towards the idea that every full verifiable unit of one SOIL would be worth one vote on an issue. the problem with one person/one vote is that each person is essentially recognized only by their private key (wallet address) and that leads to possible manipulation by anyone with multiple wallet addresses. an application to verify the balance of SOIL in ones wallet (or wallets) and weighting a voting score based on that figure seems more democratic in a pseud-anonymous cryptocoin world. this also motivates shareholders to hold their SOIL and not dump them on the markets, producing a supply/demand ratio that will essentially keep the basic value of soil inflating. to ensure a fair distribution of SOIL within an aggregate number of wallets, i think it would be most prudent to have a total mintage of 5 million SOIL before implementing this (about 8 months)

the 8 SOIL block reward was reached as the happy medium from what members of the community suggested, and is something we feel will properly incentivize the mining community to stick with SOIL while maintaining a fair minted release of coins. EXPANSE also maintains an 8 coin block reward, the differnce being that we wont have an 11million coin premine. SHIFT, on the other hand, offers only a 3 coin block reward, which although keeps the total coin mintage low, also deincentiveizes miners from participation. ETHEREUM has a block reward of 5 ETH, but again has a massive premine, which was understandable to fund the development of the platform in the first place and a large development team that needed to receive a reserve for the hard work they did. we have a VERY SMALL core development team with SOIL, and a desire to make SOIL an attractive coin to mine with the possibility of decent profits for the miners. again its all about incentive to ensure miners continue involvement with the project.
bachim

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:26:39 AM

Please add me to OP

Mining  using Win7  and one R9 280X GPU  26 MH/s Grin
My test net address  
0x65dd0618c4fece97ea63ca0485847abd45e9b5db
Thanks
aagert

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:42:32 AM

abvhiael, please consider reworking that big wall of text on SOIL website into sections with smaller pieces of info, where each piece concentrates on just one (and only one) idea. I, personally, like to read, but when info is structured with separate and clearly visible accents - it is better for everyone (easy to see, easy to understand, easy to remember). Nowadays people are used to such structure - modular, not "wall of text". It's ok to write long posts in the forum, but on the website your need to do that rework. It helps, believe me.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄███████▄▄ ▀
  ▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀ ▄▄
  ▀▀ ▄█▀▀ ▄▄████████▀ ▄█▀
    ▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄█▀
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
██████▄▄▄▄██████
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄██▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
███████▀▀███████
 ▀█████▄▄█████▀
▄██████████████▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄▄█▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀█████▄▄▄▄█████▀
||
aagert

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:33:46 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2015, 05:08:29 AM by aagert

Everyone, guys, I need a little of your help. I'm very concerned about whether I'm currently mining on actual testnet or have forked it at some moment... the thing is, I've started mining on testnet on 26 September, a week ago. Started with small 25MH, but soon decided to make some kind of "stress test" and pointed all rigs here, several hundreds of MHs. After a day of such work I've noticed that I'm mining literally every block (or most of them), so I thought that such speed is a big overkill, lowered it to about 100 MH, and left that for a week. Now I see that at this very moment:
1) I still mine a lot of blocks (but not all of them - there are "imported 1 block(s)" messages sometimes)
2) Current block in my gsoil appears to be 76k+
3) Current balance of my address is about 83k of "soils": http://prntscr.com/8n5ee3

SO, I ask any of you to paste the following - web3.fromWei(eth.getBalance("0x5beaf09ca9e07fa16fa146e9018c127903a76fbe"), "soil") - into your gsoil console terminal and confirm that you see specified number of my soils there, so I'll know for sure that I'm mining on right network.
Also, if it will be confirmed (I hope so...), I will send 500 soils to first four of you who will also past here their testnet address AND a screenshot of gsoil terminal with results of the command specified above. It is a way to say "thank you" for removing a burden of concern and doubts from my shoulders Smiley and also a way to ensure that network actually works.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄███████▄▄ ▀
  ▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀ ▄▄
  ▀▀ ▄█▀▀ ▄▄████████▀ ▄█▀
    ▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄█▀
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
██████▄▄▄▄██████
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄██▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
███████▀▀███████
 ▀█████▄▄█████▀
▄██████████████▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄▄█▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀█████▄▄▄▄█████▀
||
idolacchacked

Activity: 598
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:32:24 AM

Everyone, guys, I need a little of your help. I'm very concerned about whether I'm currently mining on actual testnet or have forked it at some moment... the thing is, I've started mining on testnet on 26 September, a week ago. Started with small 25MH, but soon decided to make some kind of "stress test" and pointed all rigs here, several hundreds of MHs. After a day of such work I've noticed that I'm mining literally every block (or most of them), so I thought that such speed is a big overkill, lowered it to about 100 MH, and left that for a week. Now I see that at this very moment:
1) I still mine a lot of blocks (but not all of them - there are "imported 1 block(s)" messages sometimes)
3) Current balance of my address is about 83k of "soils": http://prntscr.com/8n5ee3

SO, I ask any of you to paste the following - web3.fromWei(eth.getBalance("0x5beaf09ca9e07fa16fa146e9018c127903a76fbe"), "soil") - into your gsoil console terminal and confirm that you see specified number of my soils there, so I'll know for sure that I'm mining on right network.
Also, if it will be confirmed (I hope so...), I will send 500 soils to first four of you who will also past here their testnet address AND a screenshot of gsoil terminal with results of the command specified above. It is a way to say "thank you" for removing a burden of concern and doubts from my shoulders Smiley and also a way to ensure that network actually works.

yes i see your balance as 83866.1102066   

http://imgur.com/wIPHfrX
psyx80

Activity: 241

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:17:41 AM

Yes, you are on the right path to soil mining. Wink

Q_R_V

Activity: 428

Inactivity: 8963

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:34:51 PM

Yup, you are on the right path.
https://i.imgur.com/0hl4zhg.png

Please add me to OP

Mining  using Win7  and 4 R9 280X GPU  105 MH/s
My test net address   
0x23e89d07d0c5d69fdafd7eaec04736769cb675e0
Thanks
abvhiael

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:49:23 PM

abvhiael, please consider reworking that big wall of text on SOIL website into sections with smaller pieces of info, where each piece concentrates on just one (and only one) idea. I, personally, like to read, but when info is structured with separate and clearly visible accents - it is better for everyone (easy to see, easy to understand, easy to remember). Nowadays people are used to such structure - modular, not "wall of text". It's ok to write long posts in the forum, but on the website your need to do that rework. It helps, believe me.

i appreciate the advice. the message im trying to communicate with SOIL is a complex one and i formatted the website as well as could be done without it devolving into bullet points, which from the way i was taught in english class, lo those many years ago, was the sign of an unorganized mind. its not as bad as trying to read a stephen king novel!! or as brain spinnery as trying to get thru any of vitalik buterins blog posts... (chuckles)

the FAQ and SPECS sections were a little longer than id anticipated, but i wanted to cover the basics for those among the cryptocurrency (and among our target market for DAPPS) to understand a little easier. if i had more of a working knowledge of website building i would have placed much of that on separate hyperlinked pages... so, yes a "wall of text" can be a bit daunting, but any business proposal must cover as much of the potential angles that could be asked as possible while remaining well thought out and comprehensive.

when i jumped into the altcoin world, there were very few sites that made it easy to understand the deeply esoteric terminologies. the whys and wherefores. many of the subjects that we take for granted, that we now understand intrinsically, are extremely difficult for someone just coming across the world of cryptocurrency. especially our targeted industry sector.

the ethereum-based platform is so innovative, so unlike anything thats come before, that bullet points and one sentence paragraphs dont do it justice. i tried to condense the whole idea of DAPPs and how they work into the website, and finally gave up, leaving that instead for those business proposals that have been sent out to the larger corporations at the forefront of automated agricultural technology.

anyhow, thank you for your input. i do appreciate a good bit of constructive criticism. ill try to rework it, or to split it into separate pages.

~abvhiael

abvhiael

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 01:00:30 PM

this list is as up to date as the information i have, but if ive missed your testnet wallet address, please contact me.

testnet mining contributors:

Bagdar13|0x9542ce1be9c2af0d789defa79f3109a1b4d198dc         
ciki022|0xa77d38df2864e74190a8d0e5446bd4c024cd72ce           
ZonedOutSpace|0xbcc7566055c0958b6e40ff3c8facee200355bc69     
GoldenEye|0x3d4d9dc249e799f39ef4b2bc802b8e7a9fcdfbf6       
tamdc|0xc9eb8b65f56b9febfeeaba7ceca868de8759b79e             
psyx80|0x1006c9cd52122673880813e843f04827aa63edb2           
benjy33|0x18c4922665f156315aad0781a137017c54a17e20         
kondiomir|0xda56670bf570d38cc8303b2c25b069b2ee515a1a           
aagert|0x5beaf09ca9e07fa16fa146e9018c127903a76fbe           
tamara163|0x9318eca9ebccc19f0e228cb04e3bb453a6434d82           
moroz00|0xaf2c3d11321e9140ed175044f08ce8e0414e4497           
c4p0|0x5717b24aa71b4a56a5640f160a76900bdfab8657             
techbytes|0x619638b62b9d8a1317ed4e85a9e56a761c7c5168         
dimid|0xe917d06b0904f6c31f5f6af3f6833215fde09a09             
shaolin_rs|0x6e9056262b8a86fe6015239208a0568d542c0785       
bachin|0x65dd0618c4fece97ea63ca0485847abd45e9b5db           
QRV|0x23e89d07d0c5d69fdafd7eaec04736769cb675e0               
aagert|0x5beaf09ca9e07fa16fa146e9018c127903a76fbe           

aagert

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 01:30:48 PM

idolacchacked, psyx80, Q_R_V, thank you! http://prntscr.com/8n8wyp
idolacchacked, I need your testnet address where to send thankyous ))
One more confirm to go, guys... last 500 soil awaits!

abvhiael, I was already on the list of contributors, you didn't have to add me again in the end Wink

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄███████▄▄ ▀
  ▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀ ▄▄
  ▀▀ ▄█▀▀ ▄▄████████▀ ▄█▀
    ▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄█▀
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
██████▄▄▄▄██████
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄██▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
███████▀▀███████
 ▀█████▄▄█████▀
▄██████████████▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄▄█▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀█████▄▄▄▄█████▀
||
jahras

Activity: 437

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 02:34:48 PM

The system cannot find the path specified.
No GPU device with sufficient memory was found. Can't GPU mine. Remove the -G ar
gument
Press any key to continue . . .

getting this error; windows laptop with GTX 765m  2GB.
Q_R_V

Activity: 428

Inactivity: 8963

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:01:11 PM

The system cannot find the path specified.
No GPU device with sufficient memory was found. Can't GPU mine. Remove the -G ar
gument
Press any key to continue . . .

getting this error; windows laptop with GTX 765m  2GB.

If you have 2 graphic cards in your laptop add:
Code:
--opencl-platform 1 --opencl-device 1
to your *.bat file

You get "No GPU device with sufficient memory" because miner is trying to use GPU integrated in the processor (i assume it's intel HD 4XXX).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: