April 26, 2024, 11:23:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237556 times)
YOLOMAN

Activity: 154
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:45:14 AM

Launch in 8 days and no premine
Soil to the moon Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:01:44 AM

Soil to the moon Smiley

Yes man but not to quickly that is not good.
YOLOMAN

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:06:33 AM

Soil to the moon Smiley

Yes man but not to quickly that is not good.

Yes hopefully this coin has a bright future

Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:25:10 AM

The days of launching a coin based on a bullshit real-world use that doesn't actually justify the existence of the coin are long over.

You need tech. These days, just the bullshittiness of an ANN, like this one, means the devs have nothing in mind and couldn't deliver even if they did.

This one is dead within a month.

Ten-Hut!
YOLOMAN

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:36:10 AM

The days of launching a coin based on a bullshit real-world use that doesn't actually justify the existence of the coin are long over.

You need tech. These days, just the bullshittiness of an ANN, like this one, means the devs have nothing in mind and couldn't deliver even if they did.

Dead within a month? haha if you say so!

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:41:31 AM

They say the same thing for shift and exp.
Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:56:49 AM

Read my back posts. My accuracy is about 100%.

Ten-Hut!
JacksonBriggs

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 02:05:09 PM

dat is what dey say about every coin bruv

My hands are stronger than yours.
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 04:14:20 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2015, 04:29:53 PM by altsheets

Back from short holidays.

I have just cross-read > 100 posts. How cool. This is a good thread.

I really like most of the energy here. Let's keep the spirit up, everyone.
Good things can so easily be harmed by bad mood. Seen that too many times.
(Just now on my holidays, read my text linked up there).

And wow, abvhiael, I am truly impressed by your bright intensity, mastering language,
economical understanding, use of maths, and now even thorough technical explanations.
Good one. So important to have an enthusiastic person pushing a new thing into existence.

Small suggestion: After writing a long answer, why not
identify clustered paragraphs, then give them a heading.
As an example, I structured my long short text here. Just press quote, to see how I did it.

It will make it easier for the new generation who is used to a faster life, and shorter texts.
The suggestion is not even for me - I am actually happy about long texts. And yours are good.

Thanks!  Happy greetz.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:55:17 PM

well, i hope we can prove you wrong. i make no mistake that carving out a relevant place in the cryptocurrency world will be difficult, but ive also made it clear that the business plan behind this isnt something thats going to reach full fruition within a month, or six. its going to be a long process and require a lot of work from our development team to implement and realize.

one has to remember, that the IDEA of what can be accomplished with the Ethereum-network based blockchain, the platform that enables applications to be run on it, is the nascent birth of a new technology. we are still pretty far from mass adoption, the first DAPPs that proliferate will be financially based ones, moving money (SOIL) around. in order to reach the next complexity of DAPPs, to bring us closer to popular adoption, we need to CREATE VALUE in the real world, beyond the exchanges and speculative currency paradigm of most altcoins. We need to be able to use SOIL to sell goods, to provide a service. we need to be able to offer DAPPs that will SAVE the enduser money.

when you look at the cloud service agricultural applications that exist today, the monthly subscription costs to the enduser can run several hundred dollars a year. with a decentralized global network offering a digital ecosystem that is able to run code in a quasi-Turing complete manner, taking advantage of the parallel growth of the new technologies emerging in our target industrial market, the "fuel" that SOIL will provide to run those applications, and the cost to the enduser to have those DAPPs ported onto the SOIL-blockchain will provide an ongoing revenue stream that can be shared into the community reserves, ensuring liquidity and ongoing development.

delivering on those ideas WILL be hard, no doubt about it. we're talking about selling a brand new technology, and creating a trusted brand. this isnt something that will be accomplished overnight, but in order to sell a product, we must first have taken the steps to HAVE a product to sell. we have to start with the speculative currency that will be tradable on the markets, show our stability, find the proper price valuation that makes it profitable and incentivizing to the miners and community to remain involved.

and as this is being accomplished,  working along several other paths to make SOIL an asset that can be used to purchase REAL GOODS that coexist within the stated market audience. ive already begun working along this vein and pushing for acceptance in the simplest of markets, online retail sales that, to this point, havent embraced digital cryptocurrency as a means of payment. (veseys and burpees seed companies as an example) there are other market-specific retailers that will also be approached, and in and of itself, that will be a challenging job, but any marketing to a new market, that first inroad, ALWAYS is. what it takes is determination and dedication, which myself and soil have in spades, and the programming side of that... android wallets, etc... are being worked on, but again, if you expect a finished product in eight days beyond the simple speculative currency side of this project, then perhaps you would be better served to watch us and wait to see how we are performing on day 31.

inception and adoption of DAPPs is the other direction towards mass adoption for SOIL, and again, by focusing our efforts towards a specific market sector, our vision can be tailored to introducing them to the blockchain, to what service we can supply for them. like i said, this is not a cryptocurrency that will be at its maturation point in a month, or six months. within a year, id say, we should start to see a lot of movement with where the technology will take us, and in that time, the developers at ethereum will have come up with novel ways to promote the underlying platform and tackle things such as proof of stake as well.

we are not slinging bullshit, BUT with bio-mass generators that can be optimized and utilized through a decentralized server, eventually therell be some bullshit involved, as well as sheepshit and chickenshit. this is a vision for a product that can become something incredible. whether its value spikes thru the roof and challenges ethereum for market share is irrelevant. the valuation of SOIL is a side issue compared to what is going to built ON TOP of the currency. have some patience, watch as we grow, it wont be "TO THE MOON!" as so many like to say, itll be incremental and ongoing. this isnt about get rich quick schemes, and ANYONE who expect altcoins to provide them that, ive got some swampland in st.esprit here on cape breton island i could interest you in, too. this is about building a product unlike whats come before, on the shared vision that futurists like vitalik butterin and gavin wood have just begun to touch on.

i think thats half the issue WITH ethereum, everyone expects the full dream and promise behind it to be realized YESTERDAY when we wont really see its complete integration into every part of how we do business on the internet for a good decade. this is the forefront of the technology, this is about finding out where it can go, and pushing those limits to create something that will end up with the gradual take-over of simple logic based computational programming by machine intelligence as the next stage of social evolution. this is NOT about creating an economic competitive edge, this is not about pure profit motive.

we do have an altruistic intention, we want to incorporate SOILs integration towards green energy delivery and management, to act in a small way as stewards for the environment as well. the present political and socio-economic systems are unable to grasp the true benefits  of the quickening innovation in technology, both in the world of cryptocurrency and those in the real world, including our targeted market sector. cultural change does not keep pace with technological change, but those who are able to grasp the implications of the ethereum-based virtual machine, how we are creating a programmatic network infrastructure for developing and HOSTING decentralized applications that guarantee trust, reliency (the unfailing network with perpetual uptime), and a consensus for terms agreed upon in smart contracts.. those are going to be the ones who stand to profit down the road as the founding fathers of a future society.

and with immensely hard work, we want SOIL to be a part of that future, we want to be the innovators. we will offer an advantage and competition to cloud based automated agricultural automation, we will be able to host software essential for crop management, finance management, livestock management, order processing and pricing management, a hub between suppliers and endusers, agricultural futures trading platforms, traceability.

i was raised within the market that we are targeting and understand the needs it faces as it continues to evolve to a completely roboticized and automated ecosystem. soil, our software and DAPP developer, has the knowhow to bridge that gap between where the technology is today and what it needs to be for tomorrow, and what we are releasing in EIGHT SHORT DAYS is the skeleton of what we are working to accomplish.

you give us a month. i think you are short sighted. i give us ten years. and it WILL BE ten years of hard work and steady growth. i hope we can change your mind on day 31, and again on day 366, and again on day 3651.

Our present, outmoded political and economic systems are unable to apply the real benefits of today's innovative technology to achieve the greatest good for all people, and to overcome the inequities imposed upon so many. Our technology is racing forward yet our social designs have remained relatively static. In other words cultural change has not kept pace with technological change. We now have the means to produce goods and services in abundance for everyone.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:25:08 PM

How many other Ethereum clones are you going to be launching in the coming months?

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:26:41 PM

There has been problems with all of the Etheruem launches. Tons of blocks get mined in the first 8 to 24 hours.

You should fix the difficulty adjustment algorithm before launching.

abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 09:01:51 PM

How many other Ethereum clones are you going to be launching in the coming months?

theres absolutely no plan to launch any other coin. we are married to this project for the long run. as it is, im working 8-10 hours a day on it, and once we launch, 12 hour days will be normal i think. what we're planning with SOIL in no way ends with the launch, it gets more intense after that, theres much much more to be done. im dedicated to bringing SOIL to its end product, and am under no illusion that it can be done in a short time. im swinging for the fences with it, certainly, but ive got a detailed roadmap for what directions i need to concentrate on when we launch, aside from managing the community here, and being available to answer questions.

There has been problems with all of the Etheruem launches. Tons of blocks get mined in the first 8 to 24 hours.

with a 35 second targeted blocktime, the average number of blocks we will be mining in any given day will be around 2500. that will lead to 15,000 SOIL being minted. in reality, from watching how mining on ethereum has gone, or expanse, and theres a lot of 2 minute blocks, and just as many 5 second ones. in implementing dr. kimoto chan's (of megacoin fame) gravity well difficulty algorithm, which readjusts difficulty every block (instead of every epoch of 2016 blocks with bitcoin, for example), to ensure that SOIL follows its intended distribution curve while also keeping the network stable in the long term.

this means, if a large number of miners and pools throw a lot of hashing power at SOIL over the first few days, difficulty will be automatically adjusted to take this into account and prevent a crippling difficulty later on due to early massive mining activity. using the gravity well also keeps 5000 blocks from being mined in a day, and this keeps the coin secure and equitable for all miners and users of the coin. its greatest affect is seen when a coin is mined on a multipool which features profitability switching. when miners are pointed to a coin, the hashrate increases, block times would natually shorten. when miners are pointed away again, global hashrates decrease leading to longer block times. in order to keep the distribution of SOIL along a predictable path, using the gravity well will help keep us on track.

without using the gravity well, a megaminer with a high hashing GPU rig could skew blocktimes far too low, which would create a massive difficulty upon a new difficulty epoch, which would drive miners away and can make a coin stagnant and eventually can kill it. at that point the only real measure to treat it is a hard fork on the coin, or simply grind out the mining at the high difficulty until enough blocks are found to reach the next difficulty epoch. along with the dagger algorithm, use of the kimoto gravity well will help fight against malicious intent from miners by constantly readjusting according to the global hash rate after every block. this fits in well with our stated aim to try to keep a democratized mining activity available to everyone.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 09:38:26 PM

theres absolutely no plan to launch any other coin. we are married to this project for the long run. as it is, im working 8-10 hours a day on it, and once we launch, 12 hour days will be normal i think. what we're planning with SOIL in no way ends with the launch, it gets more intense after that, theres much much more to be done. im dedicated to bringing SOIL to its end product, and am under no illusion that it can be done in a short time. im swinging for the fences with it, certainly, but ive got a detailed roadmap for what directions i need to concentrate on when we launch, aside from managing the community here, and being available to answer questions.

with a 35 second targeted blocktime, the average number of blocks we will be mining in any given day will be around 2500. that will lead to 15,000 SOIL being minted. in reality, from watching how mining on ethereum has gone, or expanse, and theres a lot of 2 minute blocks, and just as many 5 second ones. in implementing dr. kimoto chan's (of megacoin fame) gravity well difficulty algorithm, which readjusts difficulty every block (instead of every epoch of 2016 blocks with bitcoin, for example), to ensure that SOIL follows its intended distribution curve while also keeping the network stable in the long term.

this means, if a large number of miners and pools throw a lot of hashing power at SOIL over the first few days, difficulty will be automatically adjusted to take this into account and prevent a crippling difficulty later on due to early massive mining activity. using the gravity well also keeps 5000 blocks from being mined in a day, and this keeps the coin secure and equitable for all miners and users of the coin. its greatest affect is seen when a coin is mined on a multipool which features profitability switching. when miners are pointed to a coin, the hashrate increases, block times would natually shorten. when miners are pointed away again, global hashrates decrease leading to longer block times. in order to keep the distribution of SOIL along a predictable path, using the gravity well will help keep us on track.

without using the gravity well, a megaminer with a high hashing GPU rig could skew blocktimes far too low, which would create a massive difficulty upon a new difficulty epoch, which would drive miners away and can make a coin stagnant and eventually can kill it. at that point the only real measure to treat it is a hard fork on the coin, or simply grind out the mining at the high difficulty until enough blocks are found to reach the next difficulty epoch. along with the dagger algorithm, use of the kimoto gravity well will help fight against malicious intent from miners by constantly readjusting according to the global hash rate after every block. this fits in well with our stated aim to try to keep a democratized mining activity available to everyone.

So you are changing the difficulty adjustment algorithm from what Ethereum used?

soil (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

SOILteam

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 10:02:21 PM

So you are changing the difficulty adjustment algorithm from what Ethereum used?

No need to change the algorithm, but the parameter to let the difficulty adjust faster, will be adapted in the main-net release.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 10:22:29 PM

No need to change the algorithm, but the parameter to let the difficulty adjust faster, will be adapted in the main-net release.

How many blocks before difficulty readjusts?

Since ur going for the 100% fairly mined coin strategy, you should probably set it to something really small like 3 blocks. This way people won't solve 5000 blocks in the first few hours and say the devs instamined coins.

altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 11:03:50 AM

I am not too much informed about mining anymore (I sold my GPUs ~15 months ago
due to ecologically motivated electricity prices in our slightly more conscious country)

... so my information might simply be wrong; but better I mention it now, so it can be researched in time.

I dimly remember, there can also be a problem with too fast difficulty adjustment (e.g. every block).

It might introduce a new attack vector.

Better check that.
But as I said, this problem might also be non-existent.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
anhpt192

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:16:25 PM

more than 20 pages for discussion about this coin, quite impressive
Zywiec

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:16:51 AM

Could somebody present schedule of launch event?

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:08:39 PM

Could somebody present schedule of launch event?

On the OP.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: