Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Our financial problems are derived from money?  (Read 2517 times)
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:07:10 AM

Bullshit, technology will soon destroy all jobs and even only one human alone in the entire world will be unemployed.

Thats why politics, corporations and bakns are just stealing everything they can before that happen, they know it will happen.

Have you heard of the term "Luddite"?
You should look it up.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:30:08 PM

Bullshit, technology will soon destroy all jobs and even only one human alone in the entire world will be unemployed.

Thats why politics, corporations and bakns are just stealing everything they can before that happen, they know it will happen.

Bullshit. First technology invented (the wheel) did not create unemployment. It created human progress and a higher standard of living. Even the wheel needed maintenance and improvement which created jobs.

Thinking that this will apply forever (new technology creating new jobs) is complete nonsense. Jobs are being replaced by new technology faster than new jobs arise. Look at the facts. In the past in a Volkswagen factory you would need 30 people to make a car, now less than 8. Soon this will be 1 person only supervising the automated machine. Same for all jobs. It's unavoidable. There are less and less new jobs coming up, and not everyone can be an engineer.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:47:38 PM

I don't know why most people are saying that money is debt, maybe because they have never created money, but only borrowed money

For money creators, money is not debt but asset. I think every bitcoin miner understand that

johnyj
Legendary

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:24:54 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2015, 11:36:01 PM by johnyj

what i think that every problems about financial crisis and everything else is only imputable to one thing, that everyone is underestimating, this is the overpopulation

if we were 1B at max i'm sure this world would have been a better place, from every point of view

You can enforce a policy like in China, each couple are only allowed to have one child. So that population will start to decrease after some generations

Even so, I think that the advance in technology would still outpace the speed of population decrease, so that even you get less and less human on earth, there is still more and more people become jobless

The problem is rooted from the market based economy: In a market economy, you have to give out something in exchange for something, so called fair trade principle. So when some powerful entity with millions of robots can produce anything you need but demands nothing from you, they can let you starve without feel bad, because you can not provide anything that they need, thus no trade will happen (jobless)

Why there is a such fatal flaw in market based economy? Because it is established in a very old environment where many demand can not be satisfied due to low productivity and low technology level

So how to deal with a society with high productivity and less future demand? The prevail solution is to give welfare to those who can not produce anything useful, keep them a decent level of living: Anyway the society can afford it due to extremely high productivity

But this model is against market based economy, because there is no fair trade in this process, the producers should not give out products for free. So in order to make it happen, the government will pay a fair price to those producers by handling out social security check to jobless people, and these money are either gathered by taxing producers or borrowed from future (inflation taxes everybody)

The question is: Is this way long term sustainable?

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 04:36:15 AM

Saying that our financial problems are derived from money (because it is debt) is like saying our murder problems are derived from bullets.

This analogy doesn't make sense. Debt isn't to financial problems as bullets are to murder problems. And I don't know of a better analogy using murder and bullets (it just doesn't work). But debt is the root of the financial problems in the world. If no one borrowed (literally, fractional lending too) we wouldn't have the same financial problems...we also wouldn't have a lot of research, technology, buildings, goods, or prosperity.

Debt creates opportunity, which is good. But it makes people slaves and controls lives, which is bad.

We can't cure all the financial problems in the world but we can influence them from the ground up. Don't borrow so much money. Don't let debt exist on your personal balance sheet for full term. If we all borrowed less we would change a lot of the financial problems in the world.

wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:58:51 PM

I don't know why most people are saying that money is debt, maybe because they have never created money, but only borrowed money

For money creators, money is not debt but asset. I think every bitcoin miner understand that

Gold, silver and bitcoin are money, but fiat currencies aren’t money, fiat currencies are borrowed into existence that’s why some people call this as debt. Anyway it’s better to have fiat than to not have it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
johnyj
Legendary

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:30:46 PM

Gold, silver and bitcoin are money, but fiat currencies aren’t money, fiat currencies are borrowed into existence that’s why some people call this as debt. Anyway it’s better to have fiat than to not have it.

"borrowed into existence" is a typical misleading explanation trying to confuse people.  Banks can not lend out something that they don't have. If that money does not belong to bank, the borrower does not have to return the loan, this will cause the system to crash

So banks must first create the money and claim the ownership of those money, only after that they can start to lend out money

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:48:31 PM

GREED ---- is the problem

No, its madness that is the problem.

Greed is needed to evolve humanity. If people are not greedy, and not create businesses, you`d have no job/ income.

But when Greed turns into madness, then things get fucked up.

The problem is that "money" , or fiat currency, is the fundamentum of the economy.

If you dilute it, you fuck everything up, except yourself, temporarly, but after the house of cards collapse, the elite will lose quadrillions of $ too.

johnyj
Legendary

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:18:34 AM

If you dilute it, you fuck everything up, except yourself, temporarly, but after the house of cards collapse, the elite will lose quadrillions of $ too.

The amazing thing is, if you dilute it, you become the hero, because now those excessive products will find some buyer and companies can start to produce more and hire more Grin  People will work more when they see more money, so the more money printing will create more productivity. As long as people trust their fiat money, money printing works perfectly

And elite have all turned their printed money into hard assets, even the fiat money collapsed, they won't get hurt

RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:26:04 AM

The amazing thing is, if you dilute it, you become the hero, because now those excessive products will find some buyer and companies can start to produce more and hire more Grin  People will work more when they see more money, so the more money printing will create more productivity. As long as people trust their fiat money, money printing works perfectly

And elite have all turned their printed money into hard assets, even the fiat money collapsed, they won't get hurt

I dont agree, most of the printed money is just gambled in derivative ponzi schemes, or dubious "shadow banking" assets.

If they were atleast invested in the stock market or some public funds, but they arent. Yes there is invesment in treasuries, and stocks but most of it isnt.

Now its obvious that they dont give the money to the poor, because that would create instant hyperinflation (as poor people consume, while rich investors just sit on their pile of inflated cash). The whole point of the keynesian economy is to print money, and create jobs with it, but make the inflation trickle down slowly, to make bigger benefits than losses.

However we all know that in reality the keynesian scheme is pretty doomed by start. It is a ponzi scheme , and eventually it will collapse, creating more havoc that it created benefits.

It's the law of diminishing returns, and we are just about back to 0, as the global interest rates indicate this pefrectly, and about to go negative Cheesy

If the elite sits on their derivative scam assets, they will lose too, and perhaps much more in terms of % of wealth than the poor.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:31:46 PM

He told:

“Positive balance in a bank account simply is somebody else’s debt, which is created into existence by the banks. 97% of the money in the economy is created this way, which means the only way to drive sustainability of an economy is to have more debt.”

I think that this is not true. Positive balance on the bank is created by the value added which come from the work of the employers of the bank. It is own by the bank and is not taken by everyone. So it is not of "somebody else's debt".    

Then he told:

“The reason that we have financial problems today is because we are trapped in a multi-decade Ponzi scheme, where in in order to have an economy, we have to have more debt,” he continued. “The reason for that is simply because money is debt. In order to have a growing and stimulating economy, you have to have governments take on more debt, you have to have individuals take on more debt, you have to have corporations take on more debt.”  

It is true that the world is full of debts and all those written above are real. But then what? The debt is an legal institution which is regulated by law and when become unsustainable there are rules which manage and solve it. For the all the other cases taken or having a debt is not a problem since the moment when you are able to pay it.            
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:50:45 PM

OK let me clarify.

Our financial problems are derived from the existance of printed fiat currency, and not money.

MONEY =/= PRINTED FIAT CURRENCY!

wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:36:06 PM

Yes, I do believe that financial problems are derived from money if we consider money as debt, maybe i am wrong Smiley but this is what i believe.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:59:20 PM

IF werent the money ,would be the ambicious why would you have the same car as others? People is the big problem ,the people who handle the money taken to restruture the economy of each country.Money isnt the problem ,people are the problem,they wanna to show off ,called vip,or actors or others....
V for Varoufakis

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:03:40 PM

Money and debt are 2 different things. There are monetary systems, (in the academic books), without debt.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:02:48 AM

Money and debt are 2 different things. There are monetary systems, (in the academic books), without debt.

In the current system, they are the same. When you have money, you are indebted towards the creators of it, the central banks.

Because you dont own that money, you just borrowed it.

n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:16:07 AM

OK let me clarify.

Our financial problems are derived from the existance of printed fiat currency, and not money.

If this is an answer for my post I don't understand what do you mean and at what you are referring. In my explanations is spoken about positive balance in the banks and about the debt. There are not in those explanations about financial problems.

Sorry if your post have nothing to do with my post.

And since are here can you explain better what is the difference between money and printed fiat currency and why our financial problems are derived from the existence of printed fiat currency and not money. Seems an interesting topic and I'm curious to learn more.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:23:14 AM

In the current system, they are the same. When you have money, you are indebted towards the creators of it, the central banks.

It is not true. If I have money earned with my work that money are mine. Are not borrowed by no one (nor from the Central Bank, nor from my employer, nor by no one other) but my property. Fact is that that money can be spent in the way I do and I spend those in the way I do. I do this thing with my money and never no one have come to me to take those or to ask those. I have spent thousand and thousand of money since I had the first one and no one have told me why you have made this or give me that money. And never will come to ask for take those. Even if will come I will call the police and that man will go in jail.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:26:21 PM

OK let me clarify.

If this is an answer for my post I don't understand what do you mean and at what you are referring. In my explanations is spoken about positive balance in the banks and about the debt. There are not in those explanations about financial problems.

Sorry if your post have nothing to do with my post.

And since are here can you explain better what is the difference between money and printed fiat currency and why our financial problems are derived from the existence of printed fiat currency and not money. Seems an interesting topic and I'm curious to learn more.

Because I wasnt replying to you there, i was just posting along the thread.

Well, the same way as your roll of toilet paper is not money, there isnt much difference between that and what you got in your wallet. Printed currency is not money because it doesn't fulfill the requirements of money:

It is not true. If I have money earned with my work that money are mine. Are not borrowed by no one (nor from the Central Bank, nor from my employer, nor by no one other) but my property. Fact is that that money can be spent in the way I do and I spend those in the way I do. I do this thing with my money and never no one have come to me to take those or to ask those. I have spent thousand and thousand of money since I had the first one and no one have told me why you have made this or give me that money. And never will come to ask for take those. Even if will come I will call the police and that man will go in jail.

Hahaha the brainwashing works.

You don't earn money when you go to work, you are given a scam paper certificate. The same way you are scammed to work for a paper crap, the same way the vendors, consumers, producers, investors are also fooled by that.

That currency comes into existence by being borrowed from the CB, and it's passed along the economy. You are also paying interest on it in forms of taxes, which are going directly in the pockets of the CB to pay the interest on this ponzi loan.

slojina

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:39:38 PM

Printed currency is not money because it doesn't fulfill the requirements of money:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/images/2009/Apr/article_id1708_01.gif

I suppose. If you make up random requirements like "Intrinsic value" Undecided
Start educating yourself here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: