Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Default Trust Network  (Read 2208 times)
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 04:26:49 PM

With all of the recent drama going on it got my thinking about the DT network and its members. How does everyone feel about the current level 1 members? Overall I think it is pretty decent, but should any of them be removed? Should some newer people be added? Obviously this will probably not change things, but figured it might be interesting!

Current Default Trust lvl 1 members:

theymos - obviously staying since it is his list and if you do not trust him why stay here
HostFat - not really sure how active he is, but probably good
dooglus - trusted guy - not sure I agree with all of his ratings recently, but legit
Maged - Not really sure on how active he is
dserrano5 - seems active and legit
OgNasty - obviously legit one of the most trusted here
Tomatocage - had 1 recent hiccup, but overall very trusted and good for the community
SaltySpitoon - Solid guy and very trusted
DeaDTerra - inactive and has led some questionable ventures
BadBear - obviously a solid member
philipma1957 - great addition to the list overall great guy and helpful
escrow.ms - solid guy and trusted
OldScammerTag - much needed for old scammer accounts

I think the network does work, but no matter what the system it will have issues...

People I think would be solid DT lvl 1 additions:

DannyHamilton - trustworthy and very good poster

People in DT lvl 2 that should be removed?

tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:33:36 PM

well i think monbux should be added, he most be the most trusted person here not on DT
monbux trust summary
i also think vod should be in depth1
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 04:38:48 PM

i also think vod should be in depth1

(blush) Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I would be useless in depth 1 - I wouldn't add anything to depth 2.  I keep my trust list at the default so I can judge overall community trust on members.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 04:47:18 PM

Monbux for LVL 2 would be solid...surprised he is not already?
Vod for LVL 1 would be solid also
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:57:30 PM

I vote for monbux for being added in the depth2 DT and also devthedev.
Athertle

Activity: 252

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:05:29 PM

Personally, I was surprised that monbux wasn't on level 2 DT. He seems like a very trusted member on the forum.

ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:09:17 PM

My vote for Vod and shorena.  Cool

Edit: To be promoted. Grin
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:18:28 PM

I think, before any shuffling in DT, following changes are required...

1. One person gaining multiple feedback from the same person needs to be abolished.

2. Any feedback from DT 1 or 2, without a proper reference, needs to be challenged and if the person can not provide proper link of the reference and his feedback, that person needs to be removed from DT 1 or 2.

3. This system needs to be immediately introduced - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914641.0.

Apart from this, I think, shorena, hilariousandco and DannyHammilton needs to be part of DT 1.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:19:30 PM

I vote for Benson.Samuel on DT level 1. I feel all MODs deserve to be in the DT list while except Vod and TC and the admins, I'm not sure about the others being added there.

guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:22:55 PM

I saw monbux wasn't on level 2 DT either a few weeks back and that was a little surprising due to his amount of trust. I haven't traded with him personally so I can't vouch for him being trustworthy, but he appears to have a huge amount of trades under his belt, and it doesn't look anyone has ever had any issues with him.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:25:53 PM

I don't think this is the kind of question that should be opened to everyone.
People will obviously vote for members that have given them +ive, pushing themselves into the DT list ...
Jimmy Wales

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:27:57 PM

I saw monbux wasn't on level 2 DT either a few weeks back and that was a little surprising due to his amount of trust. I haven't traded with him personally so I can't vouch for him being trustworthy, but he appears to have a huge amount of trades under his belt, and it doesn't look anyone has ever had any issues with him.
I dont know this monbux guy either. But, as an user of bitcointalk++, I can see, he has probably the highest number of -ve feedback, not sure why.
babaquara

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:28:58 PM

What about devthedev?

He has lots of trust and I don't know any dispute involving him, and he is not even in the level 2
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:35:31 PM

People will obviously vote for members that have given them +ive, pushing themselves into the DT list ...

Well some people might have motivation for that, but most do not. I am already in the DT2 from multiple people so I have no real motivation. The main goal was a discussion to help improve the list if needed.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:43:29 PM

I feel all MODs deserve to be in the DT list
i disagree, their ability to moderate and clean up the forum has no correlation to their ability to detect and tag suspicious users, nor does it mean they should automatically be trusted. take a look at the incident with EAL and the primedice giveaways for example.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:49:41 PM

I feel all MODs deserve to be in the DT list
i disagree, their ability to moderate and clean up the forum has no correlation to their ability to detect and tag suspicious users, nor does it mean they should automatically be trusted. take a look at the incident with EAL and the primedice giveaways for example.

Exactly...
Mods are here to moderate and that does not make them trustworthy.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:50:37 PM

First thanks for the mentions, but I think most here miss the point of level 1. As Vod said, beeing on level 1 is only beneficial to the community if you have solid people on your personal trust list. The ratings of those on level 1 matter the same as those on level 2, but whats more important is who they bring on the list with them.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
tarsua

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:53:10 PM

First thanks for the mentions, but I think most here miss the point of level 1. As Vod said, beeing on level 1 is only beneficial to the community if you have solid people on your personal trust list. The ratings of those on level 1 matter the same as those on level 2, but whats more important is who they bring on the list with them.

Its the thought that counts, he has been an upstanding member of this forum
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:04:18 PM

Well some people might have motivation for that, but most do not. I am already in the DT2 from multiple people so I have no real motivation. The main goal was a discussion to help improve the list if needed.

I was not referring to you, as i know that you are on DT.

The ratings of those on level 1 matter the same as those on level 2, but whats more important is who they bring on the list with them.

This is exactly what i thought as well. If there is to be some new DT1 members, they should carefully review the ratings they left and also be careful about who they add to trust from that point on.

cheers
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 06:05:07 PM

Their personal trust list is the most important part.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: