Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:57:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PPC] Is Sunny King (of PPCoin) RealSolid (of SolidCoin)?  (Read 5220 times)
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 05:00:54 PM

Satoshi was anonymous, whats the big issue ?

The issue is, as I said, it makes it look like you have something to hide. Perhaps because of the pump and dump aspect of these currencies. Anonymous creators, pyramidal currency distribution, scandal after scandal, etc. The community attracts and fosters scammers by its nature and partly by the precedent set by Satoshi, imo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 05:16:47 PM

The issue is, as I said, it makes it look like you have something to hide. Perhaps because of the pump and dump aspect of these currencies. Anonymous creators, pyramidal currency distribution, scandal after scandal, etc. The community attracts and fosters scammers by its nature and partly by the precedent set by Satoshi, imo.

If the source code is not open then maybe this 'have something to hide' argument would have some merits. With open source I think repeating this line just shows that you don't fully grasp the concept of privacy, liberty and the political nature of cryptocurrencies. Besides, revealing identity might cause other non-political issues to the developer and hamper their ability to continue the work.

Sure if you want to choose to be all open about your identity like Gavin does then fine go for it. Just don't claim moral superiority over those who wish to remain anonymous.
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 05:36:34 PM

So I take it you are not thrilled about the idea of satoshi sitting on ~ 1 million bitcoins that he mined in the early days ?

Etlase2

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:35:09 PM

If the source code is not open then maybe this 'have something to hide' argument would have some merits.

Perhaps if I had been referring to the code.

With open source I think repeating this line just shows that you don't fully grasp the concept of privacy, liberty and the political nature of cryptocurrencies.

Ohh please educate me, Mr. King, as I am so obviously stupid.

Besides, revealing identity might cause other non-political issues to the developer and hamper their ability to continue the work.

Yeah like everyone knowing that you're a grody, obese, neckbearded nerd.

Just don't claim moral superiority over those who wish to remain anonymous.

I didn't claim moral superiority, I claimed that you are a lemming.

Sunny King
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 06:52:48 PM

Hmm I don't know what I said wrong prompted such a response from you.

If you deeply understand privacy, liberty and what cryptocurrency is all about then you wouldn't so cheaply accuse Satoshi of starting a scammy society. In a libertarian society people are supposed to be responsible for their own risk-taking not expect government to drive out all the scammers.

Read more on these topics, Jon Matonis is a good writer on these issues.
Etlase2

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:10:58 PM

Is bitcoin a scammy society? Yes. (If you need proof I can provide hundreds of links.) Did satoshi create bitcoin? Yes. Is my observation that satoshi started a scammy society inaccurate? Clearly not. Did I mention anything about governments? Strawman. Is it well within my libertarian rights to scathingly point out the vast theft inherent to the growth of the current crop of cryptocurrencies and the sarcastically serendipitous anonymity of their creators? Certainly. You can play at being coy, stupid, or imply my stupidity, but I will not stand down from my beliefs because you think you have some kind of moral or intellectual superiority and make-believe that it is warranted by calling yourself libertarian.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:11:00 PM

Is bitcoin a scammy society? Yes. (If you need proof I can provide hundreds of links.) Did satoshi create bitcoin? Yes. Is my observation that satoshi started a scammy society inaccurate? Clearly not. Did I mention anything about governments? Strawman. Is it well within my libertarian rights to scathingly point out the vast theft inherent to the growth of the current crop of cryptocurrencies and the sarcastically serendipitous anonymity of their creators? Certainly. You can play at being coy, stupid, or imply my stupidity, but I will not stand down from my beliefs because you think you have some kind of moral or intellectual superiority and make-believe that it is warranted by calling yourself libertarian.

He seems to like doing that, whether intentional or not. In any case, he's a donkey for it. Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Sunny King
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 08:43:04 PM

No need to get self-indignant like that Wink You are welcome to start a competing currency and show Satoshi and the world how it was meant to be done properly.
Etlase2

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:03:36 PM

Self-indignant? That's quite a strange expression. And can you ever actually make an argument that isn't about sucking satoshi's cock? Enjoy the cliff dive, little one.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:12:41 PM

No need to get self-indignant like that Wink You are welcome to start a competing currency and show Satoshi and the world how it was meant to be done properly.

One shouldn't talk so much about one's self so much..."self" is also in the word "selfish"

You know that if you add another $100k-$200k into PPC it may become the new world's reserve currency eh? lol

ADD AWAY!  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:17:59 PM

Seems like proper_proper = little Danny Maddox under a new name.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:21:41 PM

Seems like proper_proper = little Danny Maddox under a new name.

Seriously, a 2 day old account criticizing like this, referring back to solid coin, probably legit, cant be a sock account or dual account surely.

Irony in the op post.... but who is op.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 02:50:37 AM

I gotta wonder what the deal is with being anonymous...
Please know that a perfect system for freedom of speech actually obligates anonymity. E.g. elections in democratic societies are anonymous.

Now with the development of a public good, like a software infrastructure, the creator only has the obligation to release enough information for things to get peer reviewed. And by being open source, ppcoin also has full filled that requirement.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 02:55:27 AM

alt-coins have no point if they don't really innovate something.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 03:10:19 AM

How many societies throughout history had to reinvent or innovate their own precious metal in order to have a stable medium of exchange?

answer? NONE!

Innovation has nothing to do with acceptance by the masses concerning a medium of exchange.

All societies did was take silver or gold (which they didn't innovate/invent) and stamp their logo/face/dear/god/king on it and call it money and use it as such.

Get a fucking clue when talking about something of a medium of exchange "HAVING" to be innovative to be accepted.

LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 03:24:28 AM

The centralization is required due to poor design and because Sunny King likes centralization.
That's an opinion. You failed to provide a rational answer which can be falsified.

The difficulty adjustment happens so fast it can't make it out to the solo miners who aren't using long polling.
What technical aspect are you talking about?

Sunny King has gotten the people that posted about these problems to remove them from the forum. Sunny King wants to cover up the truth about PPCoin.
If you see posts disappeared, start quoting them. This at least leaves traces behind. Use those as references.

Bitcoin doesn't have this problem because it waits two weeks to calculate difficulty. PPCoin only waits 10 minutes to calculate difficulty so you should expect large swings. Bad design.
Why do you think "large swings" are a bad design. They are a response to the changing hashing power. I find it rather great the the difficulty adjusts quickly - keeps the block rate more constant.

The large oscillations, or ringing, are also a product of the way the difficulty is calculated. It's unavoidable for this coin.
It's not a function of the coin or the difficulty adjustment, it's rather a function of the strength of the network. Large entity miners can play with the minting rate adjustment. It's unavoidable. The only solution to it is to avoid large entity miners.

Actually it is entirely because of the design. See this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringing_artifacts
Are you proposing to use an envelope function for the running average? In which way would this improve things? Please be technical, which oscillations to you consider harmful?

Hooray for the pioneers in the RealSolid navy! They never get to go on shore leave because the boat just keeps driving in circles.
If it weren't for pioneers we'd never have boats on the sea.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
hamdi

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 03:50:12 AM

How many societies throughout history had to reinvent or innovate their own precious metal in order to have a stable medium of exchange?

answer? NONE!

Innovation has nothing to do with acceptance by the masses concerning a medium of exchange.

All societies did was take silver or gold (which they didn't innovate/invent) and stamp their logo/face/dear/god/king on it and call it money and use it as such.

Get a fucking clue when talking about something of a medium of exchange "HAVING" to be innovative to be accepted.

LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

we want to go new ways, so why copy old societies behaviour?

let's strenghten the main coin and make it accepted instead of splitting up into small pointless side-coins.

i will only try an alt-coin if it really has a point.

i don't talk about other people, i talk about my own point.

i will sure not support an alt-coin which is just built like a ponzi.

early miners mine a lot, through hype, a bigger field comes in later to mine as well, while the early guys cash out and leave the currency abandoned.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 04:02:43 AM

answer? NONE!

LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

we want to go new ways, so why copy old societies behaviour?

let's strenghten the main coin and make it accepted instead of splitting up into small pointless side-coins.

i will only try an alt-coin if it really has a point.

i don't talk about other people, i talk about my own point.

i will sure not support an alt-coin which is just built like a ponzi.

early miners mine a lot, through hype, a bigger field comes in later to mine as well, while the early guys cash out and leave the currency abandoned.

So then...

1. Copies are ALWAYS bad right?

2. Bitcoin is being strengthen already through ASIC development. Having an alternative isn't a bad thing unless you fear that your bitcoin investment will plummet if another system comes out and takes attention away from BTC.

3. I talk about people who spout bullshit. Like "innovation is a must in creating a medium of exchange over the internet". BULLSHIT!

4. Ponzi? Oh you mean like how bitcoin was started where for about 2 years a small amount of miners with their laptop CPUs mined a FUCKTON of btc that is now worth like hundres of thousands if not millions of dollars? Way to be a hyprocrit.

5. No one cares if you support an alt-chain. Just stop spread bullshit about supposed mindsets behind how a system can ONLY be successful is by innovation.

6. oh and by the way early PPC adopters mined over 3.5 million PPC in 5 days. 60 days later there is only 10.9 million. Now let's talk more about early adopters eh?

Right you are just like every other hypocrit that has come on this board spouting bullshit.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

hamdi

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 04:09:07 AM

@smoothie:

not worth to discuss with you.

get some manners.

every second word from you is an insult.

you get really aroused by what i say. that's a sign you defend something you deeply inside know is wrong.

bye bye.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:21:19 AM

I can't take what you say so I make up an excuse to avoid the topic at hand. I'm a bitch.

oh? lol

Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: