Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are BanxShares as good as GAW Paycoin?  (Read 47015 times)
runpaint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:28:48 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 03:03:23 AM by runpaint

The original BANX was a PoW coin that was released in 2 phases

First of all, here's the BanxShares ANN:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=813191.0

The things you're saying don't match what Mark Lyford says in the official BanxShares announcement.

The first day of the ANN thread, Mark says there is no mining at all for BanxShares.  When were the 2 phases of PoW?  Before the coin was announced?

In the first post of the ANN, it says BANX can be bought at Alcurex.org and Banx.io.  No miners deposited any BANX at Alcurex.  All of the coins were deposited by Mark himself, because the coin has been 100% premined supply since it was announced.

Mark did say that there was mining previously, but that it had already been cancelled before Day 1 of the coin being announced.  That doesn't make any sense, and I don't see any evidence that anyone ever mined this coin.  

He claims that 45,000 coins were mined:

Yes for a short time is was possible to min it, that was changes around two weeks ago. 45,000 (approx) were mined

But if that is true....

I can confirm that there are a total of 6,000,882 BANX available though.

How did they end up with almost exactly 6 million, AFTER that?  Another dev might shed some light:

Block 157 has the IPO original amount of coins and this is presented in the blockchain as 5,400,000 then change of 5,399,000 as it was moved to a different wallet.

5,400,000 + approx. 45,000 doesn't equal 6,000,882.  They just picked a number and made that many coins, no mining necessary.

Besides, he later says that the coin is 100% premined:

6 million shares in total. they were pre mined by us. all the info and breakdown is here: http://banxcapital.s3.amazonaws.com/Banx_Capital_Prospectus.pdf

And if you click that link, you will see that 6 million was the original intended number of coins, before any of this happened.
Interestingly, the prospectus says that they will allow miners to mine 10% of the coins, with only a 5,400,000 premine.
That's the number the other dev was using, but Mark just forgot about that part and accidentally admitted that all 6,000,000 were premined by Banx.
The coin was launched in October 2014;  
These numbers were put together in July of 2014, so they were already decided and have nothing to do with any miners, forks, exploits, new wallet versions, or exchanges.  

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:24:33 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 03:05:16 AM by runpaint

Oh, and also:

Our shares were developed same as BTC, there will never be more than 6 million BANX shares issued.

Wrong, and wrong.  

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:40:04 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 03:04:18 AM by runpaint

as far as I can remember the mining reward was much smaller in v2, there was no incentive for miners to update so a group didn't.  Someone at Banx must have noticed the overmining and instead of a rollback, created a new chain and transferred value to it. I guess a couple of exchanges didn't want to switch (since they were stuck with the 'overmined' shares).

Look, I've just gone over the entire history of the coin in this topic.  There was no mention of overmining when the network was forked, because there was no mining at all.  

Besides, they wouldn't be able to reject "the overmined shares" with the coin swap they did.  They accepted all coins sent to Banx.io before the switchover, and they rejected all coins that weren't sent by the cutoff.  In fact, they rejected the shares that Mark himself deposited into other exchanges - he didn't even bother to send them back to himself, because they were worthless.

2. Banx purchased Atomic-Trade (renaming it Banx.io) and released the new BANXShares (a PoS coin) at about the same time.

Banx.io was already running before they purchased Atomic Trade, and BanxShares isn't a PoS coin.  You have to leave your coins at Banx.io in order to get the monthly dividend payment.

The Atomic-Trade purchase was announced February 14, 2015, which is the next day after that big BTC transfer I noted from the Banx.io wallet.

(and they don't have to tell us if banxshares aren't actually shares of the company but shares of the profits, as is claimed)

But they did tell us:

Do I understand right that banx coins are actually banx shares of company?

yes banx shares are a share in the Banx capital company Smiley

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:00:45 AM

From what I have seen on coinmarketcap Banx shares do about $10,000 USD of transaction per day.
Are these real transactions?

I'll give you a quote from Banx CEO Mark Lyford, about a communication from CoinMarketCap:

Hi guys, some of you may have seen we are temporarily listed as inactive on CMC. I received the following from gliss:

--

Hi Mark,

One of the market manipulation detectors got triggered and removed it from the listings.

It looks like someone was able to buy 1 banxshare and sell 10 banxshares at nearly 10x the normal price which inflated the price and marketcap on the site.  Is that a bug on the exchange?

-Gliss

---

To answer everyone who has hit me up about this. There is a glitch in our system for sure, obviously someone screwed up on  a decimal place and brought 10 shares for 0.02 instead of 0.002! and our systems let them!. Needless to say my dev is sorting it out so it doesn't happen again. Obviously Banx.io is a new system , its been running really great for weeks now, but with the system being built from the ground up some small things are still being bug fixed

They fixed that particular bug that accidentally inflated the figures, but then there was another bug:

Agreed it's off topic. So to stay on topic, for you complainers if you see an error somewhere please report it to me. If you don't like or understand assets don't be a BANX holder. If you don't like me or management then don't be a BANX holder. If you don't like... you guessed it don't be a holder! It's a simple concept.

We've shown you the 'error' in Banxshares trading volume: the numbers from Banx.io (the only trading platform for BANX) and the numbers from CMC.com do not match up.
And we're not talking about a small error, either. The reported trading on CMC ( $15,000)  is approximately 5 times higher than the trading shown on Banx.io ( $3000).

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:47:23 AM

Like I said, if your market position was #300 where it belongs, nobody would care because you wouldn't be making a mockery out of everything Cryptocurrency is about.  And you wouldn't have a fake chart to help you sell shares for more than they're worth to people who thought they saw real market data.

Nailed this whole issue, right there ^^^

@BryonP
As an exchange operator, when trades happen NOT LONGER THAN 90 minutes apart, every day, for months, what does that tell us?
Please supply a completed trade log of Banx shares from Feb to around June, so i can explain what i mean.     
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 07:51:10 AM

I must admit, the volume and marketcap do not look legit at all. however, once banx operates through BitShares, there won't be any manipulation possible.

runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:01:20 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 02:12:15 AM by runpaint

Here's Mark Lyford's previous crypto business venture:

http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers/925791-new-crypto-revolution-here-get-started-bitcoin-today-wso-day-19-04-14-a.html

And on page 2 he posts his Bitcoin address, which we can examine here:

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/e4348ac365d585e1?from_address=1JTzzatvy6dSunwabLFu9NQ8RPurn7q1qu

Looks like this wallet was first used on December 4, 2013, and somebody bought 34BTC from localbitcoins.  Not the best market timing, and probably paid about $1000 per BTC.  Hopefully it was a cash transaction, or at least hopefully there weren't any chargebacks involved.

Then there were 2 sends of 20.0BTC each, and later 40 receives of 1.0BTC each from BTCGuild.com.  

I can't make much sense of it myself, but then I'm not an expert like Mark:

Hi, well there is no one else out there doing more with bitcoin than I am, currently we are mining over $200,000 or equipment, we have our own physical coins coming out and I only do Crypto business full time now. So without sound big headed I know everything there is to know about crypto.

And what kind of knowledge was he selling people?

But did you know BITCOIN is flawed?

For instance, you'll never be able to use bit coin in a store - because the time is takes for the money to arrive is ABOUT AN HOUR.

Is it even real money?

..or, is it just digital currency with no value?

http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers/925791-new-crypto-revolution-here-get-started-bitcoin-today-wso-day-19-04-14-a.html

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Hullabaloo

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:27:14 PM

The first day of the ANN thread, Mark says there is no mining at all for BanxShares.  When were the 2 phases of PoW?  Before the coin was announced?
How did they end up with almost exactly 6 million, AFTER that?  Another dev might shed some light:
Besides, he later says that the coin is 100% premined:

There was a premine to 6 million, and then a maintenance phase using PoW where the block reward was something like 1 BANX+fees, which is why the total # of coins rapidly went over 6M. The wallet was changed to reward 0 BANX+fees but it was too late to fix it (and breaks the chain when fees=0). So 3 "phases", 4 if you count the newer PoS coin. At least that's what I remember from reading the code back then.

The newer PoS coin mitigates this "overmining" with a tiny stake reward, usually by the exchange's wallet to maintain the network.
At the moment it's impossible to know the actual volume since the trades are off-chain on Banx.io afaik.

On the plus side BANXshares could have been just a database of shares on Banx.io, but it was implemented as a coin instead, which is much more transparent, but clearly not perfect.

Tips? BTC: 1PuPCtUt3pmMjbiLTgTKD6G9AkQS3FBUtD            WDC: WPmzeDfXjgoTEztP1rGCe1ZcBLLMJq7yvL
                                                        Time is Bitcoin!
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:48:12 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 05:01:48 PM by runpaint

There was a premine to 6 million

But the business plan had already stated that the premine would be 5.4 million, with 600,000 for miners.  That's what they said, but that's not what they did.

and then a maintenance phase using PoW where the block reward was something like 1 BANX+fees, which is why the total # of coins rapidly went over 6M.

Mark Lyford says Banx premined 6 million.  One time he did say the supply was 6,000,882, so is that what was "overmined"?  882 coins?

Another time he said miners mined about 45,000 coins.  At no time did they actually go with their original claim and say that they premined 5,400,000 and miners got 600,000.  Miners didn't get 600,000, and I still haven't seen anything that shows any miners getting anything at all.  As I've pointed out, Mark says there is no mining on the first page of the ANN, on the first day the coin was announced.

At the moment it's impossible to know the actual volume since the trades are off-chain on Banx.io afaik.
On the plus side BANXshares could have been just a database of shares on Banx.io, but it was implemented as a coin instead, which is much more transparent, but clearly not perfect.

On the plus side BANXshares could have been just a database of shares on Banx.io, but it was implemented as a coin instead

it's impossible to know the actual volume since the trades are off-chain on Banx.io
BANXshares could have been just a database of shares on Banx.io

the trades are off-chain
just a database of shares

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:48:14 PM

Like I said, if your market position was #300 where it belongs, nobody would care because you wouldn't be making a mockery out of everything Cryptocurrency is about.  And you wouldn't have a fake chart to help you sell shares for more than they're worth to people who thought they saw real market data.

Nailed this whole issue, right there ^^^
@BryonP
As an exchange operator, when trades happen NOT LONGER THAN 90 minutes apart, every day, for months, what does that tell us?
Please supply a completed trade log of Banx shares from Feb to around June, so i can explain what i mean.    
Please.....

What is Banxshares, guys ? Is it a crypto-currency or an asset ? I was told repeatedly during the CMC trade volume discussion that BANX was not a currency, but an asset.
Heres a quote from ByronP as illustration:

CMC pulls its data from the site just like you did so I don't know where the error is at this point. Also remember that this is an asset not a currency. As such assets have different parameters, prices, holds and more depending on what was negotiated for the sale. Regardless you should not call something a scam until there is some proof of such. When it comes to BANX there is a plan and it has been slowly rolling out and users have been receiving there payouts as negotiated. These are the indicators of a company that is working hard in the right direction not one that has any intention of scamming anyone. There is a ton of projects going on and a lot of money that has been invested by the owner, so if anyone stands to lose it’s him. He is going out on a limb with his money to make the plan a reality and when I say this I mean the man really has put his money on the line here.

As ByronP says, we shouldn't judge BANX by the same standards as other crypto-currencies, because it's actually an asset.
I understand 'asset' as meaning that BANX is an investment vehicle, backed by a fund/holdings of some sort.
If this is the case, maybe Mark and/or Byron could show everyone the fund, assuming that it is based on crypto holdings.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
troglodactyl

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:55:23 AM

Great work here. Thank you for posting.

I think most people could see it was fairly obvious that it was basically scam/medium to long term con-job from the start. But there are a lot of people in this scene who often get taken advantage of and having a specific post like this where you point everything out is very useful and will hopefully save people some money.

Was really surprised that Bitshares was willing to associate with them. Shocked actually. It's one thing to have an open platform where anyone can use it, but it's another to publicly associate with something like this. Bitshares marketing constantly leaves me scratching my head wondering what they are thinking.

As a relatively long time BitShares community member, I do not remotely trust BanxShares.  If it is a scam, I don't know why they'd move it onto an open platform they do not control, but I guess we can wait and see what they do with it.  Anything they do to manipulate their token supply will be more transparent than it is now.  It's not like we can stop them from using our chain since it is an open platform.

As for public association between BitShares and BanxShares, BitShares has historically had great technology/developers and horrible marketing.  More people and businesses are just now beginning to seriously notice BitShares, and I think BitShares marketers are thrilled to announce any business endorsing the BitShares chain as a superior platform and moving onto it.  I agree they should be more careful not to let that come across as endorsement of anything they have no reason to believe is legitimate.

I have resisted replying to any part of this thread up until now. And my policy of responding to trolls posting total inaccuracies and many quotes out of context will remain the same. I don't respond to them.

But I would like to address your specific post. I would like to say that we are always looking for ways to build more transparency to ease the healthy skepticism that this community has toward almost every competing asset.  So our forthcoming move to BitShares helps to address that essential trust issue by making our every move more auditable.

Thanks for responding.  I sincerely hope that with more transparency BanxShares reveals itself to be an excellent and productive endeavor.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 06:27:01 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 02:20:53 AM by runpaint

Thanks for responding.  I sincerely hope that with more transparency BanxShares reveals itself to be an excellent and productive endeavor.

What criteria will you use to judge if it's successful?  What if BanxShares doesn't deliver on the stated plans?

Here are some statements Mark Lyford made in order to convince people to invest their money:

I have been involved in Bitcoin for the past 18 months now and Banx capital is offering you the chance of sharing my vision.

Since he is selling shares based on his own experience, he should show some proof that he was involved with Bitcoin for 18 months.  

As far as I can tell, it was more like 10 months.  That would make a lot of difference, if he didn't get involved with Bitcoin until it was $1000.  

Did he buy Bitcoin cheap and sell high, as he implies?  Or was he the latest greatest fool on the market, buying at the all-time high and losing a lot of money?  

His experience with Bitcoin is his own chosen selling-point, so a lie about his experience is a lie about the entire basis of BanxShares.

It is true that he registered with Bitcointalk in April 2013, but he immediately started talking about people giving him money for investments.  So was he involved with Bitcoin, or just involved with online marketing and selling promises?

I am looking to setup a large mining operation here in the UK. i have a pretty interesting situation which means I will have little or no power costs after September (Location has a £600k wind turbine going up that can power up to 120 houses and I have direct access to the power overage). Initially looking to setup GPU miners, internally and offer mining contracts. Then once / if viable get ASIC miners up and running too. I'm looking to speak to people who would be interested in talking to me more about this. I have a vision of getting a 150 Mhash mining farm up and running by year end . (GPU mining)  

If your interested in investing, helping out technically or just want to chat to me more about my mining farm plans I would love to talk to you ( I'm new here , but been online for 15 years and want to get to know as many people as I can on here as quickly as I can)

Cheers

Mark

So he was asking for money, but he had nothing.  He had no wind turbine, and he didn't even have any GPUs.  

And then 3 minutes after he posted that about starting a mining farm, he makes another post about starting an altcoin:

I realise this must have been discussed many times before but with my background and previous experience of online business I am seriously looking into what it would take to create a crypto currency that had real potential from the start. But I don't technically know where to start. So how difficult is it? Does anyone have suggestions as to who could help this become a reality.

I'm a veteran of online business and marketing (made and lost millions in the adult industry) and I am serious in everything I do , I think if bitcoin is going to be around for many years to come, and develop into something we probably won't recognise in 10 years time and other currencies will be part of the game.

As an entrepreneur I see many opportunities in the Cyrpto Currency industry , specifically in taking it mainstream and I intend to jump in with both feet Smiley

I would appreciate all feedback on here or via DM Smiley I'm looking for someone serious to talk to about what it takes to make your own currency a reality.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or assistance

Mark

PS. I'm interested to hear from any one who has information about new legitimate currencies just launching or in the works too Smiley

Is that "being involved with Bitcoin"?  Showing up and saying, "Hey I want my own coin but I don't know anything about it.  Will anyone make a coin for me, and also give me millions of dollars to start a mining farm even though I've never mined anything?"

the idea of being my own bank has always appealed to me, I have always wanted to own my own, the closest I got was owning half a pawn borking company. Bitcoin  you can be your own bank. Although saying that the UK government are talking about setting up their own exchange, thats the first step to becoming a bank maybe

That's some great involvement with Bitcoin -  "I want to own my own bank, and I wish the government controlled the Bitcoin exchanges."  A real asset to the Bitcoin community.  

But if he really didn't buy any Bitcoin until December 2013, which would be 10 months before the launch of BanxShares, maybe we can see what he was planning in December of 2013:

Hi Guys

I want to create a new alt coin called Banxcoin. I have contacted Sunny King about mentoring / advising me , he has very kindly responded to me , but obviously doesn't have time with his commitments to PPC and XPM so I am coming here.

I need to find someone who has integrity and has a no BS approach to making Banxcoin a reality.

I need help, advice and someone who makes things happen.

If you have the technical ability to help me make this a reality I want to speak to you .

If this is you let me know.

No offence to anyone, but i don't need negative comments or people coming on the thread just to put their two cents in. Wink I just need to find the right person / people to work with to make this a reality Wink I don't need to be contacted by wannabes and people who can't make this happen (no offence peeps)

Thanks

Mark Lyford

PS. You only have to google my name to know I am serious about anything I do and that I have been online since 1997, been there, done it and got many t shirts Wink

cheers folks

So, after he got 40BTC when they were $1000, he started talking about Banx.  

Correction - He made that post about wanting to start Banxcoin, and 2 days later is when the first BTC arrived in his wallet -
https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/e4348ac365d585e1?from_address=1JTzzatvy6dSunwabLFu9NQ8RPurn7q1qu

And then he didn't post again for 4 months.  When he did, it was about starting an online gambling site, which he also wanted someone else to do for him:

I am looking to get a top quality dice gambling script for use on a new site I am setting up. I need someone to supply me with one who can help support it. It needs to be legit, top quality and working from the get go and be totally legit.

Anyone got anything worth me looking at?

Cheers

Mark

PS. I have tried to contact a few people on here before posting this but not had much luck in getting hold of anyone.

Then he said he was launching a new software in June:

We are currently developing new adobe air based software to track crypto markets, trends and mining.

This is coming out in June and developers are working on it now.

The question is what features would you like to see added to it ? Smiley

If you suggest a great feature you get life time access to the software for free Smiley

Hit me with your ideas folks!

Cheers

Mark Lyford

But it did not come out in June, and he didn't post again for 5 months.  His next post was the ANN for BanxShares.

So, before he ever announced BanxShares, he had already failed to deliver on the following projects:

- Mining farm with free electricity
 - Dice gambling site
 - Market tracking software

But he may have been a partner in a pawnshop, which is still unconfirmed.  He claims he owned half the pawnshop, but I would need to hear from the other partner to believe that.  I'd also like to know if the property was owned or leased, and if in fact Mark just pawned something there and called it partial ownership of the business.

Anyway, back to the claims Mark Lyford made about Banx:

Let me state here and now I own 20% of the BANX shares. those shares will not be sold by me for at least 6 months, none of them.

...but he didn't state that the ICO would still be going for over 6 months, and that investors would not be allowed to sell their shares while he would be allowed to sell his.

All of the BTC raised will be spent as outlined in the prospectus.

And has it been spent that way?  ByronP is in control of the BTC wallet, and he says they've only made 2 purchases with BTC.

I guess we have to detour again and examine the claims from the prospectus - continued in next post

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 06:44:36 PM

http://banxcapital.s3.amazonaws.com/Banx_Capital_Prospectus.pdf

Shares can be traded on multiple exchanges

That promise was broken.

10% of all shares will be kept back to be mined by the company over the period of one year.

That promise was broken.

Wallets will be offered to shareholders on the platforms of Linux, Macintosh, Windows

There is no Linux wallet link in the ANN

The share offering is an investment that can only be made using Bitcoin, making it a pure
cryptocurrency-based share.

That promise was broken, and in fact now they seem to claim that the majority of shares are sold for fiat.

Clarity:  we are going to run a transparent operation, such that investors know what is going on at all time.

That promise was broken.  Bitcoin transactions could easily provide full transparency, but it hasn't happened.

Banx.io is set to be a fully-fledged online cryptocurrency exchange.  The goal of this is to rival other large exchanges like
mcxNOW...

Promise fulfilled?

BanxMining will provide public cloud mining contracts.
with 35% of the investments taken invested into BanxMining
earnings will be continually reinvested into new hardware

It's been 11 months, and there is $10,000 daily in investments.  Where is the 35% - roughly $1,000,000 - that was promised to be spent on mining?

From the IPO funds, 6% will be allocated to BanxCash

Where is the $100,000 of loans made through BanxCash, and where are the dividends from loan payments?

BanxMint...will help provide a physical store of value

They're offering a 1LTC coin for $46.55.  1LTC costs $2.87

15% of the IPO proceeds will be used to fund (BanxATM)

Where is the $200,000 that was spent on ATMs?

Capital Expenditure

Marketing INV -

Banx.io 10% ($17,760)
BanxTrading.com 10% ($55,500)
BitBanx.com 20% ($22,200)
BanxMining.com 10% ($77,700)
BanxMint.com 25% ($27,750)
BanxCash.com 10% ($13,320)
BanxATM.com 20% ($66,600)
BanxCards.com 20% ($4,440)

That's $285,270 that was supposed to be spent on marketing.  Where is the money going?

Terms and Conditions
Shares will remain static in nature;  no dilution will occur and no further share creation will occur.

Promise broken, and every investor may have a legal right to seek a full refund based on the stated Terms and Conditions.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:19:31 PM

All of the BTC raised will be spent as outlined in the prospectus.

The prospectus says 15% of IPO funds go to ATMs.  That would be around $200,000.

BanxATM.com says there is 1 ATM in operation.  Bitcoin ATMs are being sold for $1000 each, and manufactured for even less.

Using those numbers, you're short about 99.5% of the spending for ATMs outlined in the prospectus.

...but just to confirm we are only looking to raise 4,400 BTC , and none of it will be done 'exploitatively' its a simple IPO offering.

Promise broken, you raised 4400BTC a long time ago according to your own numbers.  But the ICO exploitatively continues.

So here is the link to download my book if anyone is interested: http://rebelentrepreneurbook.s3.amazonaws.com/Mark_Lyford_Rebel_Entrepreneur.pdf

It's for sale on Amazon too if anyone wants to actually buy it Wink

Okay, let's read it -

I was born in Leicestershire in the United Kingdom

I don't find much about a Mark Lyford from Leicester, but I found a Mark Holyland, age 40 just like Mark Lyford, at a company called Lyford Ltd:

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/06808131/lyford-ltd

This was a "Private Limited Company with Share Capital", and it dissolved with over $100,000 in liabilities.

Some related companies, all dissolved:

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/06919332/montecino-ltd

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/07171081/lyford-publishing-limited

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/07287002/emarketing-media-solutions-limited

And one that's not dissolved yet:

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/04706457/lyford-finance-limited

But it has almost half a million dollars in liabilities.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:22:42 PM

Back to Mark's book:

http://rebelentrepreneurbook.s3.amazonaws.com/Mark_Lyford_Rebel_Entrepreneur.pdf

When he was 17, he got a job at a record store.  He only worked there for 3 months, and he hated working.  So he's never had a real job again, according to him. 

Then he worked with a Nigerian scammer who worked over fax machines - before emailing the scams was cool.  But Mark didn't know it was a scam, of course.

He says he ran a "racing pigeon business" when he was 18, and traveled to San Diego, then Las Vegas, and a casino owner gave him a bunch of free drinks.   Mark says he was pretending to be 25, so maybe they didn't check his ID.

Then, still age 18, he flew to the Bahamas for more pigeon-racing business.

Then, millionaire Sir Freddie Laker flew him to Ft. Lauderdale on his own airplane and drove him to a hotel in a Bentley! 

Then he made 32,000 porn websites and borrowed £150,000 using his parents' house as collateral, and he couldn't pay it back because some bigger porn website gangsters tricked him out of his website network. 

Then he grew a warehouse full of marijuana, and he got arrested.

Then his doctor gave him some medicine for his emotional troubles, and he started having sex with his secretary but he would think about his ex-wife while he was doing it.

Also he drank brandy "like water" and he still loves to smoke weed even today.

Then he went to prison for 2 years - the judge didn't even care about the good reasons Mark had for breaking the law.  It was unfair.

In prison, he learned that drug dealers are very smart people, but it's always someone else who lets them down and that's why they get arrested.

On Page 177, Mark says that he's always been a gambler, and that he lost $10,000 in 8 minutes in Las Vegas.

In the chapter "Money While You Sleep", Mark says that the only kind of business he is interested in is online business that he can run from a laptop, and that involves recurring payments.  I guess that's the cloud mining.

Then he lists some times that people scammed him;  he keeps a list of everyone who has ever ripped him off, and he promises that karma is a bitch.  He says he's been ripped off by a lot of people.

Mark says that different people have different perceptions of what is right and wrong, so it makes no sense to always follow the rules in business.

He says that he sold an e-book that only took him 3 hours to write.

He says that he took notes at someone else's workshop, and then made a video of the notes and made $1000 selling his "walkthrough" which took him a total of 8 hours.

But is this book by Mark Lyford, or Mark James Holyland?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:37:47 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 02:38:16 AM by runpaint

According to Mark's video on Youtube, the 12 months between March 2014 and March 2015 were spent drinking, sitting on the beach with kids, drinking more, getting a tattoo, smoking something from a hookah or vaporizer, and playing in a band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoZ2s45Lijs

Why did he tell Banx investors that he was working 20 hours a day?

There are a lot of pictures in that video, but none of him working.  And nothing about Banx at all.  

Maybe he forgot about Banx, because it looks like he was too busy spending money.

Here are some of his older Youtube videos:

Promoting his site Internet Marketing Pass:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpogTrSKCa4

Listing his goals:

"Travel for a year and just run a business from a laptop"

But he says he's not allowed into the United States because of his conviction.

"Pay his parents' mortgage and let them retire."

He says he was...kinda close...to that goal before, I guess when he was an internet millionaire, but he never quite made it.  Maybe if he had kept going for one more year, he says.  His parents must have an expensive mortgage, if a millionaire can't pay it.  But I guess he's talking about the money he borrowed against their house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKJxSxH6JQ

Here he is selling something called "Crypto Profit" -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ga-cJP9df0

And he's says he's on the WorldCoin committee.

Here he is selling quantumclickmethod.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVlwveNg-9I

Here he is selling InstantMember.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg9X4sBRGxY

Here he is selling ForumOffer.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O5gLcvW7qM

Here he is selling IgniteTunes.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dm6ZslFVBw

Here he is selling UltimateGolf.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ntNYH3DIVs

Anyway, there's plenty more to see on his YouTube channel, but not much of it gives the impression that Banx is a serious or lasting business in his long line of get-rich-quick schemes.

He also had a site called Marky.biz, but now it redirects to a page selling his book.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:21:55 PM

Ok we covered the prospectus, the book, the previous online marketing schemes, the YouTube, and the possible real name Mark Holyland, which could also be a fake name. 

Back to the public statements about Banx made on Bitcointalk:

Hi there, yes you're right we are fully upfront, unlike many other equity based share system exactly who own what and where the invested funds go.

How can you be up front on where the invested funds go, when nobody can know how much invested funds there are?

The reality is banx.io has only been online for 7 days and up until Thursday last week had some issues. This is brand new mate.

So in 7 days, you "spoke with some of the heavier-duty miners" and decided to "pull mining" because they were mining too much. 
That's according to http://banxcapital.com/information-about-banx-shares-mining/

How did you speak with some of the miners?  How did you know who they were?

How did they dump their shares too cheap during your ICO, when you were the only exchange for Banx?  You didn't have your own buy order?

If miners mined 45,000 shares in less than 7 days, and you premined 6,000,000, how did the coin supply remain at 6,000,000?

The reality is I think BTC will be back up at the $500 mark soon, and in the meantime we are aiming to sell to private investors for USD too.

But the prospectus says, "The share offering is an investment that can only be made using Bitcoin, making it a pure
cryptocurrency-based share."

The prospectus has only been public for 1 week, and they've already strayed from it drastically.

I have not hidden myself in any way, google me and you will find everything out about me and my past Smiley

here at Banx we pride ourselves on being open and totally honest (even if it's things people don't want to hear)

this is born out of total openness from me, something I have already done.

That's good, because you clearly won't have any problem with the things I'm posting.  Since you said to Google you and find out everything about your past, right?  So you don't mind, which is good.  But then, earlier in this topic you said I was a troll who wasn't worth responding to.  So do you mind us finding out about your past, or not?

To save people to much time in googling all about me and Banx Capital (feel free to do so though)

Okay, Google says your name is Mark James Holyland.

32,000 websites???

yes 32,000 adult sites. I guess I was the biggest owner of sites in the world around the year 2000.

And what, exactly, happened?  Your book says someone offered you a deal, and then they didn't pay you, and that was it?  32,000 websites gone, just like that?

very true, sites that did very well. sites that brought in over $2,000,000 a year in recurring income.

Very true?  You couldn't pay back a loan for £150,000.

nothing, absolutely nothing about me or my life is hidden, google my name you read all about me, read the book you will find out more.

Nothing is hidden?  How many BanxShares have been sold?  Where has the money been spent?

based on us selling all our shares and becoming fully funded we are projected to pay a dividend in bitcoin of approx 70% of the share investment in 12 months.

It's been 11 months, are you close to 70% yet?  Or haven't you sold enough shares yet?  How many exactly have you sold?

you will find no one or no company more open than us, and we have no issue in explaining everything we have done or will be doing in the future.

Great, then start explaining.

I have no issue in people questioning us but I don't appreciate comments that are not researched

Then surely you respect all the research I've shown here.

you have every right to your opinion, but let me assure you this is far from a con. As you have said I am very very open online about me and my past. Nothing has been left out. Banx Capital uses real names, real places and real contact information

Then it was your other companies that used fake names?  Or who is Mark Holyland?

or you can scan the lease agreement and registration of a company? Smiley

a standard question from the client Wink

Actually Manita, screw it , just to make you happy....

here you go:

If you go here: http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

you can search all three of our UK companies: Mark Lyford Ltd, Banx Capital Ltd and Entrepreneur Publishing Ltd.

And just to please you my friend, here are our last three invoices for the offices:

1. http://banxcapital.s3.amazonaws.com/invoices/Mark%20Lyford%20Ltd%201st%20floor%20Ins%201%20240914.pdf

2. http://banxcapital.s3.amazonaws.com/invoices/Mark%20Lyford%20Ltd%201st%20floor%20Inv2%20011014.pdf

3. http://banxcapital.s3.amazonaws.com/invoices/Mark%20Lyford%20Ltd%202nd%20Floor%20Inv2%20290914.pdf

Now my friend, are you totally happy? would you like anything else? Smiley

Do they seriously send you invoices with bright blue text, in that wavy font?

http://BanxMining.com offer mining contracts to clients with a significantly lower entry price than any where else, the reason being is we are not pre loading our contracts with profit, we are taking 30% of the BTC / Crypto earned from these contracts instead.

There's not a single search result for BanxMining on Google, other than your own pages.  Do you actually have any real customers?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:53:35 PM

My only response to all of that has to be.....holy fuck!
runpaint has been a busy guy.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:07:18 AM

My only response to all of that has to be.....holy fuck!
runpaint has been a busy guy.

Yeah, be sure not to miss any of it.  There's plenty.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:07:42 AM

first of all those shares sold are not automatically updated on the website, something my dev will be doing this week.

As outlined in our prospectus we have set %% budgets for each operation and those percentages will be spent on each business as money comes in, so we don't need to be fully funded to start turning profits.

So you've been allocating and spending the percentages as they're taken in? 
That means 15% of all the shares you sold was only enough to buy 1 ATM?  That's what it says in the prospectus.

Banx Capital is moving to the Isle Of Man this coming week. I have personally met with the IOM government a few weeks ago and they are welcoming us and what we are doing with open arms. yes a jurisdiction that loves Bitcoin Smiley

They partially like our centralise exchange for crypto assets and have confirmed they will support us setting that element of our business there and would welcome an asset based exchange there too

But ByronP says he runs the exchange from New Jersey.  Whatever, it makes as much sense as moving your entire operation 2 weeks after launching.

Our shares were developed same as BTC

In what conceivable sense were BanxShares developed the same as BTC?

there will never be more than 6 million BANX shares issued.

That is a huge promise to break, and you broke it fast and you broke it big.

You're not letting investors sell their shares until the ICO is over, but you've doubled the amount of ICO coins to be sold.  After you promised there would never be any more coins, and after your Terms and Conditions in the prospectus say there will never be more than 6 million.

With out sound like I'm up my own ass, your buying into me if you buy banx shares

Buying into you?  You sold porn, you sold illegal drugs, you sold internet marketing advice, and now you sell altcoins.  Each one was worse than the last, until you've found altcoins - and you'll never see a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Just got my first BanxMint.com physical coin.
A single 1 LTC.
Looks awesome, love it.
Great size and weight.
Now I know the sort of quality they are, definitely going to order more!
http://imgur.com/IPW3gUL
http://imgur.com/zs0sky8

Glad you like it Smiley Watch out for other new coins coming out soon Smiley

It's been 11 months, is that sooner than you meant by "soon"?

And you don't even accept Bitcoin as payment.  

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: