Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:00:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 year old Muslim teen gets illegally detained in Texas for homemade clock  (Read 5712 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:15:09 PM

My favorite aspect of this is that a 14 year old boy can make a clock from scratch but his engineering teacher doesn't even know what he's looking at. Perhaps the kid should be teaching the class?

apparently he showed it to his ENG teacher, who then told him that it looks similar to a bomb and he should be careful showing it to people. He then later pulled it out of his bag and plugged it in , to show how it beeps to the class. that was when it was confiscated and everything escalated.
imo, he is getting too much attention, I dont think he was arrested because he is Muslim, HE GOT ARRESTED BECAUSE HE HAD A BRIEFCASE WITH A TIMER IN IT. Now everyone is talking about how the education system in place sucks and how they treat Muslims differently.  Sad Huh

Actually, he "proudly offered it to his engineering teacher", according to the Dallas Morning News. Not his English teacher. He said not to show it to anyone, not that it resembles a bomb.

He didn't pull it out of his bag and "plug it in", you can't "plug in" a homemade clock, it runs on batteries. It beeped because of an alarm during class.

If there was a legitimate bomb threat, they would never confiscate the bomb, they would call in the bomb squad and have students evacuate the premises. In not doing so they pretty much killed the entire school. They didn't think it was a bomb, they just wanted to **** with a brown kid (This is the first time I drop the F bomb on this forum).
the version that he made didn't run on batteries, it was a plug in clock. and by ENG i meant Engineering.

Oh, I do apologize. Here in Canada, "ENG" is short for "English" in high school.

Account recovered 08-12-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 07:32:10 PM

My favorite aspect of this is that a 14 year old boy can make a clock from scratch but his engineering teacher doesn't even know what he's looking at. Perhaps the kid should be teaching the class?

apparently he showed it to his ENG teacher, who then told him that it looks similar to a bomb and he should be careful showing it to people. He then later pulled it out of his bag and plugged it in , to show how it beeps to the class. that was when it was confiscated and everything escalated.
imo, he is getting too much attention, I dont think he was arrested because he is Muslim, HE GOT ARRESTED BECAUSE HE HAD A BRIEFCASE WITH A TIMER IN IT. Now everyone is talking about how the education system in place sucks and how they treat Muslims differently.  Sad Huh

Actually, he "proudly offered it to his engineering teacher", according to the Dallas Morning News. Not his English teacher. He said not to show it to anyone, not that it resembles a bomb.

He didn't pull it out of his bag and "plug it in", you can't "plug in" a homemade clock, it runs on batteries. It beeped because of an alarm during class.

If there was a legitimate bomb threat, they would never confiscate the bomb, they would call in the bomb squad and have students evacuate the premises. In not doing so they pretty much killed the entire school. They didn't think it was a bomb, they just wanted to **** with a brown kid (This is the first time I drop the F bomb on this forum).
the version that he made didn't run on batteries, it was a plug in clock. and by ENG i meant Engineering.

Oh, I do apologize. Here in Canada, "ENG" is short for "English" in high school.

As a Canadian myself, I can confirm this. Plus, here in canada, "plug in" and "batteries" mean the same thing. It can be confusing, obviously.

Hey, are you near Toronto? Maybe at some point we could meet up. I can show you a clock I'm building.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 07:32:35 PM

They didn't think it was a bomb, they just wanted to **** with a brown kid

Argument from authority! Plus, kind of racist. Argument from racist authority!

Do you know what argument from authority is?

Yes. I'm making fun of the fact that you don't. Or in language you can understand: wah, wah, wah wah, wah wah, wah. Moron.

Argumentum Ad Hominem

Hey, you got one right! Good job!

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:33:39 PM

As a Canadian myself, I can confirm this. Plus, here in canada, "plug in" and "batteries" mean the same thing. It can be confusing, obviously.

Hey, are you near Toronto? Maybe at some point we could meet up. I can show you a clock I'm building.

I'm in Ontario.

J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 07:50:55 PM

I'm in Ontario.

Well, then we probably will meet up at some Bitcoin event at some point. If so, I'll make sure to introduce myself and show you my cool clock.

ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:50:42 PM

just to be on the same page, apparently it goes like this :

Kid builds inside a suitcase a clock, it has a timer (a clock is a timer).
Kid shows building to engineering teacher, who said to kid to hide the suitcase
Kid hides the suitcase goes to English class
Beep beep beep from the suitcase, hidden in the bag
The English teacher panics and call for LE
LE comes handcuff kid
Kid goes to jail for kids
Father is called and bring the kid home.

end of the story?
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

LE comes handcuff kid
end of the story?
thats pretty much what happened, and then the kid goes infront of social media and thanks " his supporters". like wtf is this, you got arrested for potentially being in control of a weapon, when the charge was falsified, you were let go. WTF is a supporter??? Huh
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 10:23:57 PM

LE comes handcuff kid

end of the story?

False information is in red.

The teacher actually "confiscated" the clock, which is not what they're told to do in case of an actual bomb threat. They're meant to call the bomb squad and evacuate, the one thing they are told to do is to absolutely never "confiscate" a bomb. There was discourse between the student and the teacher, the teacher said "Looks like a bomb to me" and took it after the alarm went off. The police came, and notified the school staff that the device was not dangerous. The kid was suspended for three days and a letter was given to parents, and this is after charges were falsified.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:12:35 PM

[...]
I found the highest resolution photograph of the clock I could. Instantly, I was disappointed. Somewhere in all of this – there has indeed been a hoax. Ahmed Mohamed didn’t invent his own alarm clock. He didn’t even build a clock. Now, before I go on and get accused of attacking a 14 year old kid who’s already been through enough, let me explain my purpose. I don’t want to just dissect the clock. I want to dissect our reaction as a society to the situation. Part of that is the knee-jerk responses we’re all so quick to make without facts. So, before you scroll down and leave me angry comments, please continue to the end (or not – prove my point, and miss the point, entirely!)

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/2015/09/17/reverse-engineering-ahmed-mohameds-clock-and-ourselves/

------------------------------------
14yo fraud.

Hugroll

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:47:37 PM

[...]
I found the highest resolution photograph of the clock I could. Instantly, I was disappointed. Somewhere in all of this – there has indeed been a hoax. Ahmed Mohamed didn’t invent his own alarm clock. He didn’t even build a clock. Now, before I go on and get accused of attacking a 14 year old kid who’s already been through enough, let me explain my purpose. I don’t want to just dissect the clock. I want to dissect our reaction as a society to the situation. Part of that is the knee-jerk responses we’re all so quick to make without facts. So, before you scroll down and leave me angry comments, please continue to the end (or not – prove my point, and miss the point, entirely!)

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/2015/09/17/reverse-engineering-ahmed-mohameds-clock-and-ourselves/

i totally agree with him, I'm not sure about the clock and and really dont know if he built it. this quote from the article summarizes my opinion exactly "Everyone jumped to play the race and religion cards and try and paint the teachers and police as idiots and bigots, but in my mind, they were probably acting responsibly and erring on the side of caution to protect the rest of their students"
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:38:50 PM

[...]

------------------------------------
14yo fraud.

Yeah man, he didn't actually build a clock. Obama made the whole thing up to get more Twitter followers.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:22:35 AM

[...]

i totally agree with him, I'm not sure about the clock and and really dont know if he built it. this quote from the article summarizes my opinion exactly "Everyone jumped to play the race and religion cards and try and paint the teachers and police as idiots and bigots, but in my mind, they were probably acting responsibly and erring on the side of caution to protect the rest of their students"

He is happy now

"Would be funny if he used all of this stuff to build an actual bomb."
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/3llkt1/someone_is_happy_new_gadgets_arrived_to_ahmed/

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:42:00 AM

Ahmed's Clock Block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=411&v=aGit-XltUB4

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:43:20 AM

Ahmed Mohammed Clock is a FRAUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=9&v=CEmSwJTqpgY

Hugroll

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:18:43 PM

i wonder if obama knows this
Hugroll

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:25:23 PM

Let's face it, he got all that stuff as compensation for being arrested for 1hour , NOT for rearranging a clock
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:40:19 PM

Shame all this stuff doesn't excuse Obama's executions of brown children with drones that were US citizens

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

"Clock" Boy's Uncle Runs a Trucking Company Called "Twin Towers Transportation"

[...]
Any candidate who plays this game with the Obamamedia is a fool. Assuming for the sake of argument that the questioner is genuine and not a plant (like, say, the 14-year old all-American schoolboy clockmaker who didn't make a clock at all and is the son of a belligerent Muslim activist and perennial Sudanese presidential candidate whose brother runs a trucking company amusingly called Twin Towers Transportation), putting all of that to one side, there are several entirely reasonable responses one could make to the gentlemen of the press:
[...]

http://www.steynonline.com/7188/get-lost-you-palace-guard-creep

http://ibloga.blogspot.com/2015/09/twin-towers-transportation-corporation.html

---------------------------------------
Not your typical handmade clock maker family...

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:57:33 PM

What does his Uncle's employment have to do with an unlawful arrest?

JoeWhite

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:36:57 PM

Interesting to watch jjphillips and wilikon furiously firefighting a story which doesn't fit with their hate obsessed fascist world view.

Do either of these scum have anything to do with Bitcoin, or are they on this forum simply as crazed wingnut shills, paid by the insult or Breitbart?

Pure white trash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: