Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:20:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 year old Muslim teen gets illegally detained in Texas for homemade clock  (Read 5713 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 08:37:38 PM

The kid is a fraud.

This video needed its own entry (thank you for the link OP)

Published on Sep 18, 2015
The original story was about a controversial package in a school setting, but it was quickly claimed to be a homemade clock. If so, the clock itself (not the presentation) might be cool as the White House said. If not, the world may be propping up a plagiarist who flaunted the piece of crap in an intentionally controversial way (suppositions). This video challenges that the clock was homemade by showing a nearly identical package being prepared in about twenty seconds (screws and simple fasteners were excluded for brevity here).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHk_6Vh4Qeo

The kid is a fraud. No conspiracy here. If his name was Bobby J. Smith instead, NO ONE would have said one thing about this. The kid is a fraud.

Also, it is funny how people project their own sexual desires toward the dead Breitbart... But I am not here to judge...

The kid is a fraud.

Please, if you post the same statement once more I'll consider it as spam and treat it accordingly.

This has nothing to do with what you're saying, it's just, you're not letting other people's contributions appear visible. Your posts are taking up the whole page.

Are you sure its not just your ego being bruised because you fell for this fraud? If it makes you feel any better I fell for it at first too, but the difference between you and me is I am willing to modify my opinions once new information is presented instead of attacking others in a lame attempt to displace the shame of being duped.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:47:24 PM

Are you sure its not just your ego being bruised because you fell for this fraud? If it makes you feel any better I fell for it at first too, but the difference between you and me is I am willing to modify my opinions once new information is presented instead of attacking others in a lame attempt to displace the shame of being duped.

or that some didn't fall... I always start with malice, then greed and finally stupidity... but with muppets it's always the later... but to not be fooled, the first 2 have to be taken out first Wink.
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:25:46 PM

Nope, it's just that he's been posting the same old "Ahmed is a fraud" stuff on every single page. Repetition doesn't validate your claims, new information does.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 10:26:12 PM

Nope, it's just that he's been posting the same old "Ahmed is a fraud" stuff on every single page. Repetition doesn't validate your claims, new information does.

As far as I can tell he is posting new information.... I think you are just selectively blind to it.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:07:15 PM

First of all when I read about the kid I was sure he was not the F-word The more I looked, the more I googled him the facts started to speak volume. If you have a family connection with the kid then I understand you do not want me to call him the F-Word

I fell for it. Even 0bama fell for it. Facebook dude fell for it. The whole planet fell or it... fell for the F-Word...

But you are right. It is unfair for me to push my bias view. The kid should keep receiving money. Forever.......

Yeah. Right.

Now go call the spam police.

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:21:55 PM

First of all when I read about the kid I was sure he was not the F-word The more I looked, the more I googled him the facts started to speak volume. If you have a family connection with the kid then I understand you do not want me to call him the F-Word

I fell for it. Even 0bama fell for it. Facebook dude fell for it. The whole planet fell or it... fell for the F-Word...

But you are right. It is unfair for me to push my bias view. The kid should keep receiving money. Forever.......

Yeah. Right.

No, I haven't made any comment on your claim that Ahmed is a fraud at all. I'm neither offended nor amused by your statement. However, it's the same one you've been making since page 5

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:28:59 PM

Yeah. Right.

No, I haven't made any comment on your claim that Ahmed is a fraud at all. I'm neither offended nor amused by your statement. However, it's the same one you've been making since page 5

I don't KNOW "the kid is a fraud," because I don't know what claims he made.

The claims the media has made are fraudulent.  The claims the school made were.  The claim that Obama - well, Obaby got pwned on this one.

But I do not know what claims the kid made.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 11:37:17 PM

You don't have to, your intent is quite clear. The fact you are neglecting is that while he may be repeating his conclusion, he is also presenting new information, which is an integral part of any actual discussion. I think you should slow your roll here before your foot is stuck so far into your mouth it starts coming out the other end. IMO you do not like his conclusion, therefore that is all you choose to see, and your bias is now glaring.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:08:40 AM

You don't have to, your intent is quite clear. The fact you are neglecting is that while he may be repeating his conclusion, he is also presenting new information, which is an integral part of any actual discussion. I think you should slow your roll here before your foot is stuck so far into your mouth it starts coming out the other end. IMO you do not like his conclusion, therefore that is all you choose to see, and your bias is now glaring.

You should in fact appreciate this, as it is the concealed biases that need to be worried about.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:19:01 AM

Can't we be happy with the bias we have?

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 12:19:40 AM

You should in fact appreciate this, as it is the concealed biases that need to be worried about.

Keep doing mental gymnastics instead of examining your own behavior... I am sure that will work out fine for you.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:42:43 AM

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:09:45 AM

See, this is what I was talking about. How is that photo relevant to: "Teen arrested for bringing clock to school"?

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:23:21 AM

See, this is what I was talking about. How is that photo relevant to: "Teen arrested for bringing clock to school"?

The word "fraud" wasn't used in my post... I do not want you to feel bad about it. Some here are getting their blood pressure up for a kid, obviously a pon used on a chess game he does not understand. He is an innocent victim of psychological abuse...

If you haven't been to the US during the 90's then that image does not make sense to you. His name was rodney king. He died in a swimming pool...

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:30:21 AM

AHMED’S SISTER ADMITS SCHOOL SUSPENSION FOR ALLEGED BOMB THREAT 3 YEARS EARLIER

The sister of the boy who brought a suspected hoax-bomb to his Texas high school said she was suspended from a school in a prior bomb scare. Her suspension occurred in 2009 while she was attending middle school in the same district.

Lesley Weaver, a spokeswoman for the district, said school officials can’t release any information about the 18-year-old sister’s episode because the Sudanese parents won’t sign the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, The school has already sent the form to the immigrant Sudanese parents, but they won’t sign it, she said.

The sister is named Eyman Mohamed.

“I wish we could…. provide more information to the media,” said Weaver, whose school district and local police force are now facing worldwide claims that they unfairly targeted the sister’s brother — 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed — after he was detained Sept. 14 on the suspicion that he had brought a hoax bomb into the school.

The boy brought his device — a dismantled, 12-volt clock packed inside a school box — to show off to his teachers.

The sister claimed after the arrest that she had been suspended from a school for several days.  “I got suspended from school for three days from this stupid same district, from this girl saying I wanted to blow up the school, something I had nothing to do with,” she said, without providing evidence or proof.

The episode occurred around 2009, she said. The scare happened in “my first year of attempting middle school in America. I knew English, but the culture was different, the people were different,” Eyman said.

“I got suspended and I didn’t do anything about it,” she said.

“When I heard about Ahmed, I was so mad because it happened to me and I didn’t get to stand up, so I’m making sure he’s standing up because it’s not right. So I’m not jealous, I’m kinda like—it’s like he’s standing for me.”

Two days after the Sept. 14 incident, President Barack Obama intervened by praising the boy, praising his clock-in-a-box, and inviting him to the White House for an October event. “Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It’s what makes America great,” Obama tweeted, effectively suggesting that Irving officials were unfair to the Muslim boy.

Since 2001, several thousand Americans have been murdered or killed by Muslims, who justify their actions by citing the jihad commandments in the religion’s Koran book.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/23/ahmeds-sister-admits-school-suspension-alleged-bomb-threat-3-years-earlier/

----------------------------------------------
Bad luck keeps targeting this family...

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:02:36 PM

VIDEO: Students Say Ahmed Mohamed's Clock Actually DOES Look Like a Bomb

A young man named Ahmed Mohamed sparked a huge controversy, last week, when he brought a homemade clock to school and was taken into custody out of fear that the clock was actually a bomb. Some immediately jumped to the conclusion that Mohamed was only detained because he was a Muslim and accused the school and authorities of Islamaphobia. President Obama even invited Mohamed to the White House and Tweeted out praise for his "cool clock."

Since the incident, larger, more detailed pictures of the homemade clock have been released. MRCTV went to a college campus and showed students a picture of the clock and asked them to guess what the device was without telling them that it was, in fact, a digital clock. Here's what happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KOW92fbSM

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 02:28:20 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2015, 02:59:17 PM by TECSHARE

Has anyone bothered to bring up the fact that this clock is AC powered and exposed, making it extremely dangerous due to having exposed electrical contacts some one might accidentally touch? Furthermore, the narrative presented is that he was minding his own business in class and the clock "beeped" and the teacher asked what is was. Can anyone tell me exactly how an AC powered clock goes off when it is in his backpack unplugged? There is some debate over whether there is a battery included, but I don't see anything that looks like a battery. Either way he still had to set the alarm, alarms don't just set themselves.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:08:59 PM

Has anyone bothered to bring up the fact that this clock is AC powered and exposed, making it extremely dangerous do to having exposed electrical contacts some one might accidentally touch? Furthermore, the narrative presented is that he was minding his own business in class and the clock "beeped" and the teacher asked what is was. Can anyone tell me exactly how an AC powered clock goes off when it is in his backpack unplugged?

Please don't be an clockophobic bigot... Equal rights for all clocks, plugged or unplugged or in between, analog or digital, in backpacks or raised in free range farms all over the world...

Cool

No one will admit they should have cooled down a bit and wait for all the facts. Do not expect any answers from your question. The plug for the 9V battery was still part of the original clock he ripped apart to 'invent' his homemade 'clock' from scratch.

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:35:57 PM

You guys can bring up all the irrelevant facts you want, the fact is, the police made an unlawful arrest that day, and the teachers were incredibly wrong in calling the police too.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:38:35 PM

You guys can bring up all the irrelevant facts you want, the fact is, the police made an unlawful arrest that day, and the teachers were incredibly wrong in calling the police too.

What?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: