Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:37:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to do with the SC Single ($1299)
Keep it at 60Ghash - 32 (45.1%)
Update the firmware to 65Ghash - 39 (54.9%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition: BFL SC Single should be 65Ghash and not 60Ghash  (Read 10488 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:46:51 AM

Anyone remember the original projections for the BItForce single in the end of 2011?

Wasn't it like 2Ghash/s @ 40 watts?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:51:23 AM

let the magic begin... abracadabra... puff ... 5 more Ghz for the SC Single

come on dude!

P.S.
did you ask them is such conversion is possible ?

come on dude!

P.S.
It could be easily done, did you not read the newsletter?

I was more concerned about BF straying from the first come first serve method, again..
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:54:54 AM

Anyone remember the original projections for the BItForce single in the end of 2011?

Wasn't it like 2Ghash/s @ 40 watts?
1GH/s @ 20W.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 03:09:07 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2012, 03:26:31 AM by PuertoLibre

come on dude!

P.S.
@ All

Uh oh, A potentially dangerous time for BFL begins. A true test of economic foresight and planning.

Avalon just raised their proposed devices from 60Gh/s to 64Gh/s. Now some BFL buyers want the company to raise their Single SC to (magically?) 65Gh/s. Very evil if not totally genius of Avalon to do that at this particular time, LOL.

Every time BFL has to re-flash the devices it costs more time (and possibly money) and delays the shipments. Not to mention the operating temperature has to keep going down to keep the Single SC "cool enough".

---------------------------

Well, keep this in mind, if too many BFL customers pull their money out by "refunds", it will leave the company deeply in debt. So don't rock the boat if you don't want to take a swim. It is safe to say that BFL has purchased quite a lot of hardware (hence the "free" order exchanges) with the anticipation that many more customers would be coming to them. But if there is a shortfall due to refunds then, all BFL customers will suffer from this.

Forgive them if they say "No" to the upgrades!

A new update from Avalon.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:16:35 AM

come on dude!

P.S.
@ All

Uh oh, A potentially dangerous time for BFL begins. A true test of economic foresight and planning.

Avalon just raised their proposed devices from 60Gh/s to 64Gh/s. Now some BFL buyers want the company to raise their Single SC to (magically?) 65Gh/s. Very evil if not totally genius of Avalon to do that at this particular time, LOL.

Every time BFL has to re-flash the devices it costs more time (and possibly money) and delays the shipments. Not to mention the operating temperature has to keep going down to keep the Single SC "cool enough".

---------------------------

Well, keep this in mind, if too many BFL customers pull their money out by "refunds", it will leave the company deeply in debt. So don't rock the boat if you don't want to take a swim. It is safe to say that BFL has purchased quite a lot of hardware (hence the "free" order exchanges) with the anticipation that many more customers would be coming to them. But if there is a shortfall due to refunds then, all BFL customers will suffer from this.

Forgive them if they say "No" to the upgrades!

A new update from Avalon.

I'm ok with 60 gh from my SC Grin

Yes,I see Avalon upped the hashrate to 64 gh,but the wattage is 400 watts now from 60 watts HuhHuh? I think the power consumption must be a typo..............

Edit : Nevermind,its self contained=No PC required,interesting..............

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:08:28 AM

Don't forget BFL will probably ship months before Avalon does. That makes a huge difference. As for power consumption, if that is important to you, consider that even a single BFL unit can be run by a computer that uses less than 50W, so 110W total, still far better than the (conservative) estimate of the Avalon.

That said, I still think buying an Avalon is a good hedge against failure of BFL and BTCFPGA to deliver quickly and as advertised. If somehow Avalon manages to ship first, it won't matter how much power it uses. I have an Avalon on order for just that reason.

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:44:50 AM

Thank you Avalon! I love this back and forth competition. WE WIN!

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:46:47 AM

Don't forget BFL will probably ship months before Avalon does. That makes a huge difference. As for power consumption, if that is important to you, consider that even a single BFL unit can be run by a computer that uses less than 50W, so 110W total, still far better than the (conservative) estimate of the Avalon.

That said, I still think buying an Avalon is a good hedge against failure of BFL and BTCFPGA to deliver quickly and as advertised. If somehow Avalon manages to ship first, it won't matter how much power it uses. I have an Avalon on order for just that reason.

I think the chances of Avalon coming to the market first are slim to none. IMO it is BFL as the front runner, with BTCFPGA on their heels. We will find out in a few weeks! I'm excited!
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:02:40 AM

My money is on BTCFPGA shipping first both literally and figuratively.

Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:27:25 AM

Oh how I would sometimes wish these company's would just secretly work on a product then one day go "HEY EVERYONE WE HAVE THESE IN STOCK NOW TO SHIP OVERNIGHT!"  Tongue

Now I'm tempted to bring out the pocketbook and invest in the one I don't already have on preorder from the 3 companies

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 11:42:58 AM

Wasn't the Avolon priced at $1299 just for the first 300pcs batch, and $1999 for orders after that first batch?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Tinua

Activity: 871
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 12:47:58 PM

@ice_chill
to follow your logic, you would have to rename the topic to:
"Petition: BFL SC LITTLE-Single should be 25Ghash and not 30Ghash"
ice_chill (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:34:37 PM

@ice_chill
to follow your logic, you would have to rename the topic to:
"Petition: BFL SC LITTLE-Single should be 25Ghash and not 30Ghash"

Good point, I did think about that, but it is not something that BFL would do as people who already purchased the LITTLE SC Single will not be happy. However if the SC Single is raised to 65Ghash then it won't upset anyone.
Meatball

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:56:11 PM

Waste of a thread.
ice_chill (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 02:10:19 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2012, 02:53:22 PM by ice_chill

It is obvious now that most if not all voters against the performance upgrade are anti-BFL feminists.
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 02:46:55 PM

There is a good amount of customers that have more than $150 but less than $1000 to spend and BFL was missing that market segment.

I tend to believe that the Little Single appeared as a response to bASIC 27GHs unit. Same structure as the Single but with half the CPUs, therefore the costs are not too far apart.

If you have money for a Single why bother buying 2 littles? Just in the case they break down? I like to think I'm not buying them to break down ...

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ice_chill (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 02:59:31 PM

Well regarding breaking down, it is good BFL has offered lifetime warranty, but as it has been discussed in another thread, a lifetime warranty means for the lifetime of a company, if the company closes, then the warranty disappears.

BFL is a fairly new company with no history so no-one knows how they will fare in the future.

This brings me to my point, if the Singles are still making money while BFL company closes down, then having a LITTLE SC Single going faulty would mean $649 loss vs $1299 loss if the SC Single went faulty.

Also: 2 x LITTLE SC Singles would have 2 power bricks, 2 enclosures, 2 circuit boards with all the power phase circuitry and chips that handle communications, so naturally 2 x LITTLE SC Singles should cost a bit more than 1 SC Single, but they actually end up costing $1 less.
The point here is not the $1, but the fact that the pricing is not fairly proportionate.
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:05:42 PM

Well regarding breaking down, it is good BFL has offered lifetime warranty, but as it has been discussed in another thread, a lifetime warranty means for the lifetime of a company, if the company closes, then the warranty disappears.

BFL is a fairly new company with no history so no-one knows how they will fare in the future.

This brings me to my point, if the Singles are still making money while BFL company closes down, then having a LITTLE SC Single going faulty would mean $649 loss vs $1299 loss if the SC Single went faulty.

Also: 2 x LITTLE SC Singles would have 2 power bricks, 2 enclosures, 2 circuit boards with all the power phase circuitry and chips that handle communications, so naturally 2 x LITTLE SC Singles should cost a bit more than 1 SC Single, but they actually end up costing $1 less.
The point here is not the $1, but the fact that the pricing is not fairly proportionate.

Are you so entitled that you feel you can dictate the proposed specs and price of BFL equipment? This entire thread is ludicrous.
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:19:59 PM

Are you so entitled that you feel you can dictate the proposed specs and price of BFL equipment? This entire thread is ludicrous.

Agreed. I don't understand at all what the hell you're making all this noise about. Buy it or don't buy it. Good god.

Go tell Walmart that their snack size Pringles are priced unfairly.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
ice_chill (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:22:51 PM

To above 2 posts, if you look at the poll, you see it's not just me, many people agree with the idea.

Also there is a big difference between Walmart and BFL.

Walmart buys with their own money, then resells a ready product.

The entire BFL company is funded by the Bitcoin mining community right now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: