Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:59:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi is back ?  (Read 11047 times)
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:29:06 PM

Where did these coins are from then?
No Inputs (Newly Generated Coins), was there any giveaway in 2009?
I am not well informed about that period of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:29:25 PM

satoshi or not seems a good guy

"Going to hold onto the first block I mined if I can for sentimental value. Or eccentric billionaire wants it. I do like having the longest active wallet/chain"

https://www.reddit.com/user/btcthwy/comments/
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:34:40 PM

LMFAO. How much did it take to buy this Hero account ?
mallard

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:56:23 PM

It means that they were mined.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:03:24 PM

I know that bitcoin is mined, but i was wondering if at 2009 was any giveaway.
And mining at that time was easy even with a laptop.
@GermanGiant good luck in growing your post count you are doing a good job man.
mallard

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:05:27 PM

Are you a troll? Most likely people were giving away coins in 2009, but "No Inputs (Newly Generated Coins)" means that the coins are from a block reward.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:07:05 PM

Yep. Home on holidays and was bored. Lent some cycles to an interesting project.
Very profitable altruism. My pentium d 805 paid for itself many times over

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3ln77n/coinbases_from_feb_3_2009_just_moved_for_the/cv7nd7p
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:18:11 PM

This makes you wonder if more coins from back in the day will start moving. Good cover if these are satoshis coins to do it in "small" batches and pretend to be someone different again and again Wink
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 08:47:11 PM

maybe these coins belong to someone else.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:04:11 PM

who could they possibly belong too. no one else knew about btc in the 20first days
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:07:08 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2015, 12:04:46 PM by lorylore

who could be possibly belong too. no one else knew about btc in the 20first days

Maybe the satoshi nakamoto is selling his first bitcoins or trading in other coins???,

Something will happen maybe in near future, i am just speculating but this has a message for us.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 09:14:54 PM

who could be possibly belong too. no one else knew about btc in the 20first days

Maybe satoshi is selling his first bitcoins or trading in other coins???,
Something will happen maybe in near future, i am just speculating but this has a message for us.
The person who sold has already said on reddit that this is not the first time he is selling. He sell coins when he needs money, not according to the price. This time he is selling to buy a new desktop computer, some Amazon credit, shop at Overstock and probably buy a new car.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3ln3sp/it_was_me/cv7r4q6

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:16:44 PM

We can't certainly know who knew or didn't knew about Bitcoin at that particular time. Sure, it was probably a small group of people, but it was open source already, it was out there, im sure there was an unknown group of enthusiasts back then that have nothing to do with satoshi or hal, the type of people that hang on irc or deep web or whatever and are tech geniuses, geeks etc.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 09:34:26 PM

No. Why does everyone keep assuming that so many things have to do with satoshi? How about you do some research before actually making yet another useless thread on this forum?
This took me about ~1 minute to find.

Some people knew about Bitcoin in 2009. You can close the thread since I've answered your question, unless you want people to spam it with useless replies.

I hope to be like this and freak everyone out in 20 years when I move my cold storage coins.  Cheesy Cheesy

How many people from today will still be bitcoiners in 20 years? I'd say very few.

RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 09:49:32 PM

No. Why does everyone keep assuming that so many things have to do with satoshi? How about you do some research before actually making yet another useless thread on this forum?

Some people knew about Bitcoin in 2009. You can close the thread since I've answered your question, unless you want people to spam it with useless replies.

I hope to be like this and freak everyone out in 20 years when I move my cold storage coins.  Cheesy Cheesy

How many people from today will still be bitcoiners in 20 years? I'd say very few.

Do you mean 2036? Then holders will control the bitcoin world, not miners anymore. Because 93% of bitcoin will be mined by 2040. See - https://www.coinbase.com/charts [Bitcoin Money Supply]

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:32:12 PM

Do you mean 2036? Then holders will control the bitcoin world, not miners anymore. Because 93% of bitcoin will be mined by 2040. See - https://www.coinbase.com/charts [Bitcoin Money Supply]

What makes you think that hodlers and miners are not one and the same  Roll Eyes
Anyways it's say to see an old address getting emptied, that's how i knew this has nothing to do with satoshi.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:32:56 PM

The interesting address is this one:
https://blockchain.info/address/17qfbjKam8Rwqat62BjMVCK2tppFEyShXM

It seems it is also linked to the coins generated on 2009-02-03 but had some activities even in 2013 and 2014

Trace down, this one also indicated some testing actions with 1 BTC fee
https://blockchain.info/address/1AbHNFdKJeVL8FRZyRZoiTzG9VCmzLrtvm

And this seems to be another cold storage
https://blockchain.info/address/1E6nViR5Xv1wyNXg87SamvtLJ5TyXuksLC

I tends to believe that Satoshi is a group of people, this is just one of the devs participating the test

RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 10:47:26 PM

The interesting address is this one:
https://blockchain.info/address/17qfbjKam8Rwqat62BjMVCK2tppFEyShXM

It seems it is also linked to the coins generated on 2009-02-03 but had some activities even in 2013 and 2014

Trace down, this one also indicated some testing actions with 1 BTC fee
https://blockchain.info/address/1AbHNFdKJeVL8FRZyRZoiTzG9VCmzLrtvm
How do you connect these two addresses?

And this seems to be another cold storage
https://blockchain.info/address/1E6nViR5Xv1wyNXg87SamvtLJ5TyXuksLC

I tends to believe that Satoshi is a group of people, this is just one of the devs participating the test

WoW... 1432 BTC. That's huge. This single Tx moved thosands of coin mined in February 2009 with zero mining fee...

https://blockchain.info/tx/40a117f0010cfc83ff77bf9f973432c0a6aa917e688d23336fd92556ad8c270b

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:51:01 PM

That's an intriguing question. Let's say Bitcoin is still around in 20 years, which is far from guaranteed. If you're here today that means you're taking a wild bet on the future and have a little bit of vision.

Unless you get divorced or become a crack addict you'd be pretty dumb to get rid of absolutely everything. Hopefully a shred of vision should remain. We know what happened to those who sold up in the early days. 
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:06:48 PM

That's an intriguing question. Let's say Bitcoin is still around in 20 years, which is far from guaranteed. If you're here today that means you're taking a wild bet on the future and have a little bit of vision.

Unless you get divorced or become a crack addict you'd be pretty dumb to get rid of absolutely everything. Hopefully a shred of vision should remain. We know what happened to those who sold up in the early days.  

Many p2p file sharing networks have been existing since 2000, and they will exist in foreseeable future. I don't think bitcoin will be any different, as long as its several major properties are intact

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: