Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:45:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi is back ?  (Read 11047 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:26:40 AM

satoshi might be scared of XT, so he may start moving funds

it would be funny if he was actually involved from behind the scene, in the whole xt thing, afterall is was pro the increase of the limit, this may be a possibility

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:23:32 AM

satoshi might be scared of XT, so he may start moving funds

LOL!
Who knows, he might be scared of XT.
SELL NOW!!!!!    Roll Eyes
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:53:56 AM

I personally think that the guy isn't satoshi, he/she is just a very early adopter of bitcoin. Maybe since Feb 2009 he/she have mined 250 BTC, and then left the program around. In the tx, 5 of inputs are from 5 blocks from 2009, while another ~20 BTC input when traced back, it is part of the output of another Feb 2009 block. He maybe a lucky guy who got rich by mining early BTC.

Hence, not all ~1M unmoved coins since 2009 is satoshi's. Some of them belongs to those early adopters.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:59:34 AM

I really don't think so. But who knows?
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:51:38 PM

I personally think that the guy isn't satoshi, he/she is just a very early adopter of bitcoin. Maybe since Feb 2009 he/she have mined 250 BTC, and then left the program around. In the tx, 5 of inputs are from 5 blocks from 2009, while another ~20 BTC input when traced back, it is part of the output of another Feb 2009 block. He maybe a lucky guy who got rich by mining early BTC.

Hence, not all ~1M unmoved coins since 2009 is satoshi's. Some of them belongs to those early adopters.

/u/btcthwy recently signed ownership of another address holding fresh coin of early February 2009...

Found the problem. bitcoin-qt doesn't offer the coinbase transactions in the gui. Copy and paste and is good. Without the quote marks "Hello from btcthwy 23 Sep 2015" G7se7lC13jsvYQIVBqY1V+lPcneTh10za0L+hzY3RzjuL994W+TP/1D5P0UwgRoLTCDulKcpVAUt0t4MgTCjvAE=

Signed against 1CgrbzKje66Pcz1egaAnhr7qEGfdk9atS2

Also saying hi to the folks at bitcointalk, address above is one 1 spent from in 2014

And from the recent transaction, against 112qJLTCR3QGVyQ6RBH2765gw3gVozBhvU with the quote marks "https://goo.gl/seM63p btcthwy 23/9/2015" Gy1ImMsiAOckCrLLvkjkE21RFC5jCMdUQ7zgueaRN2X8UZeOpcJ8d82ZhPkmqKhi7/65IiNzkrnMkFRG+FlOaFk=

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3ln77n/coinbases_from_feb_3_2009_just_moved_for_the/cvb8jbj
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 11:39:53 AM

/u/btcthwy recently signed ownership of another address holding fresh coin of early February 2009...
This btcthwy guy is very mysterious. Someone said he is from Australia...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3ln77n/coinbases_from_feb_3_2009_just_moved_for_the/cvbnguk

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:25:27 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3ln77n/coinbases_from_feb_3_2009_just_moved_for_the/cvbnguk

Either he's from Australia, or wants it to appear that he's from Australia. You can run Bitcoin wallets through VPNs that hide your real location, and some VPNs let you run through Tor, then run through their VPN so they have no way of identifying your location. Whoever btcthwy is he would probably want to hide his identity because someone said he sent some of his early coins straight to a dark web drugs site. Anyone doing business with those type of sites would want to remain anonymous. If it's true he sent his coins to one of those sites he would certainly want to hide his identity.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:15:05 PM

I wonder what % of power he would have if he came back? I mean sure he is the creator, but he hasn't contributed for years, and the original code has been improved so much that it wouldn't be recognizable if you compare the original thing. So I think Satoshi would have to prove itself again contributing with something to gain more rep, if he solved a big problem with Bitcoin right now he would have almost everyone's approbation on whatever he said.

He would have at least 10% of the current total coins, so I would put his power % right at or around 10%.    Wink

Good point, and actually scary to think that we would be jeopardized by a single man if he had a contrarian opinion about the common opinion of the public, but I think he wants the best for Bitcoin and will never dump. Hell he could be dead by now for all we know, im not worried about satoshi at all.
RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 11:52:50 PM

Either he's from Australia, or wants it to appear that he's from Australia. You can run Bitcoin wallets through VPNs that hide your real location, and some VPNs let you run through Tor, then run through their VPN so they have no way of identifying your location. Whoever btcthwy is he would probably want to hide his identity because someone said he sent some of his early coins straight to a dark web drugs site. Anyone doing business with those type of sites would want to remain anonymous. If it's true he sent his coins to one of those sites he would certainly want to hide his identity.
Could you please point me out that who said it and where ?

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

I do not cares if this person is satoshi or not
But I care for btc price and I hope that the real satoshi will not sell all his coins in one action that's will cost a lot and the price may fall
n3o111

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:19:06 AM

But I care for btc price and I hope that the real satoshi will not sell all his coins in one action that's will cost a lot and the price may fall

Why not? Don't scare of price decrease. If Satoshi sells his first coins it would be healthy for Bitcoin for a longer run.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 02:12:53 AM

Why not? Don't scare of price decrease. If Satoshi sells his first coins it would be healthy for Bitcoin for a longer run.

I could not understand how it would hekp in long term view.
Usually if whale sells off this hoarding bitcoin, that may impact bitcoin price negatively. If they keep it that would show us they are still believing in bitcoin.
But selling in small quantity will not affect the price as well as people's faith on bitcoin.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:18:48 AM

Satoshi isn't back; Satoshi was never gone.
He is in our hearts, and all around us.
He will always be watching.

Love,
   First Church of Satoshi

He knows when we are sleeping, he knows when we're awake.
He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for bitcoin sake.

afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:30:11 AM

I don't think satoshi will go back to bitcoin, and I heard that He has lost his private key, so how could he move his fund if he doesn't have his own private key. The last thing is we don't know who is the real satoshi.

Maybe that tx was from other bitcoin developer or advanced user from 2009, or maybe it's from the real satoshi.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 03:58:49 AM

I don't think satoshi will go back to bitcoin, and I heard that He has lost his private key, so how could he move his fund if he doesn't have his own private key. The last thing is we don't know who is the real satoshi.
No one but satoshi knows for certain what happened to him. No one knows whether he actually lost his private keys. Anything regarding who and what happened to satoshi is pure speculation that will get nowhere.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:13:38 AM

I don't think satoshi will go back to bitcoin, and I heard that He has lost his private key, so how could he move his fund if he doesn't have his own private key.

I would be utterly gobsmacked if that was the case.

The person who originally sent the broken transactions deleted his wallet
Sigh... why delete a wallet instead of moving it aside and keeping the old copy just in case?  You should never delete a wallet.
RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 11:40:09 PM

I don't think satoshi will go back to bitcoin, and I heard that He has lost his private key, so how could he move his fund if he doesn't have his own private key.

Sigh... why delete a wallet instead of moving it aside and keeping the old copy just in case?  You should never delete a wallet.

WoW! That's a gem. With every passing day, my belief is getting stronger that Satoshi is there and among us...

https://www.reddit.com/user/btcthwy

chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:00:45 AM

WoW! That's a gem. With every passing day, my belief is getting stronger that Satoshi is there and among us...

https://www.reddit.com/user/btcthwy

and why you believe that he ever leave the community. He just go dark and i think he is still very active with another name maybe his real id?

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:04:53 AM

Great news?
When Satoshi finally, really dumps all of his alleged stash, then people will no longer fear the increase in supply.

Reality Check
In the future, people will pay huge sums of money to "actually own a whole BTC!!"
^^^
A) If you believe the above, then it doesn't matter (long-term) if/when Satoshi sells his stash.
B) If Bitcoin fails, then it doesn't make any difference  (long-term) if/when Satoshi sells his stash.

Newkid

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:05:57 AM

Hello everyone I read many posts around here and operate my own 60TH Bitcoin farm but don´t comment much so please don´t disregard what I have to say for my new-member status.

This whole thing ties in nicely with a theory I´ve been developing over the past few days:

BTCS and Spondoolies merger is a terrible for Bitcoin and here´s why:

Since the day the merger was announced I watched every shareholder meeting of BTCS and most of the published numbers on the deal. It seems that Spondoolies sold its soul to the devil in order to gain access to the goldmine that is the American stock market, exchanging real value for inflated stock market value which will net the management (hundreds of) millions. So far so good.

However what this creates is: A: One HUGE new player in the market and B: A vacuum on the mining equipment side of things for the home-miner and even for medium sized operations like mine. This is the clearest shift away from the original "decentralized“ idea that Satoshi had and might deal a huge blow to the Bitcoin community as a whole. Other hardware manufacturers are way overpriced for what they can offer so anyone serious about making money through mining Bitcoins with a medium-sized operation is now pretty much dead in the water as are the many home-miners even though it is not as bad for them, because profitability often isn´t the priority here.

Now, old funds are being moved and to me this all points to one thing: Someone just realized that the original dream is dead.

I know many will hate me for saying this, including myself because I invested everything I had into my farm, but decentralization left the Bitcoin world the very second that merger was signed.

From a recent exchange with Spondoolies-Tech I know that even a 90.000 Euro ($101.000) offer could not entice them to sell one or two SP-50 and even thou I purchased 50 Miners from SP last year I do not qualify as one of the “select group of customers” to use SP terminology.

All this tells me that someone is very disappointed with where things went and it´s not just me.

Call me crazy but I believe many more funds from old wallets will be moving soon and quite possibly we won´t notice most of those movements.

On a personal note: I am clearly not unbiased in this as I feel anger towards BTCS for doing exactly what I did (finding low cost power and rented-space) but being so much more successful at it than me and regret towards SP-Tech because the real value of its business compared to BTCS is 100x higher. (They used the company revenue as a measure of how much both companies are worth, ignoring the value of technology, customer satisfaction and brand-strength involved on SP´s side of the deal.)

On a even more personal note: If you feel I hijacked this thread with my post please let me know and I will remove and reopen as a new Posting. And please excuse my rusty English, it´s been a while...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: