Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing analysis on Satoshi Nakamoto.  (Read 6796 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:47:29 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2012, 09:55:58 PM by Atlas

How can we get a writing analysis done on all of Satoshi's written works to see if there is consistency among them? I am becoming more convinced we are dealing with an organization here a la Bavarian Illuminati, who started many of the world's revolutions.

If we can prove that there is no consistency among the communications of Nakamoto, we can prove that Bitcoin's first implementation is the work of many anonymous individuals.

People have said that Satoshi Nakamoto has been very hard to communicate with. The software has been said to be beyond the work of one person.

Let's settle this once and for all.

Update: http://www.fastcompany.com/1785445/bitcoin-crypto-currency-mystery-reopened

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:51:41 PM

Irrelevant and pointless. I mean name a single good reason why it would matter?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 08:52:55 PM

Jobs?

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:53:48 PM

For history's sake. Historians make a living at this kind of thing.

Hmm, Hazek, you wouldn't happen to be associated with Satoshi Nakamoto, would you?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:58:01 PM

Irrelevant and pointless. A human doesn't need a reason to know the truth.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 08:58:14 PM

The third time, Casascius is Satoshi Nakamoto. Everything from timing to ability, style and motive matches.

But I or anybody else can't prove it, so it might as well be somebody else or multiple people.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:01:23 PM

The third time, Casascius is Satoshi Nakamoto. Everything from timing to ability, style and motive matches.

But I or anybody else can't prove it, so it might as well be somebody else or multiple people.

It's the 3rd time u mention that Satoshi = Casascius. I got why u do it. U try to hide that Satoshi is YOU!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 09:03:05 PM

It's the 3rd time u mention that Satoshi = Casascius. I got why u do it. U try to hide that Satoshi is YOU!

That would be really nice if it were true Smiley
robocoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:06:35 PM

I thought Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym for more than one person. I just don't think you can do a simple semantic equation with 'his' writings to find true similarities. I wouldn't expect that from top cryptographers.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 09:08:50 PM

How can we get a writing analysis done on all of Satoshi's written works to see if there is consistency among them?
Writing analysis is remarkably easy to cheat.  The easiest way is to impersonate someone else's writing style.  E.g. some author or journalist.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:17:15 PM

How can we get a writing analysis done on all of Satoshi's written works to see if there is consistency among them?

Someone already did it. I read about it more than a year ago, but can't find that paper now.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:33:58 PM

The analysis first must answer is Satoshi a single person or group. Or probably group that used only single spokesperson. As far as I know only Seppuku Fujitsu used Satoshi's identity to communicate.
The software has been said to be beyond the work of one person.
Not all programmers are noobs. The original client is very well written but I have seen even more impressive code made by single person.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:42:38 PM

Someone already did it. I read about it more than a year ago, but can't find that paper now.
Have any defunct links for it?
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:49:32 PM

For history's sake. Historians make a living at this kind of thing.

Historians make a living a)Teaching new historians and 2)Selling cars and real estate.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:52:44 PM

http://www.fastcompany.com/1785445/bitcoin-crypto-currency-mystery-reopened

I started with some amateur textual analysis of Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin paper, extracting fragments of phrases and running them through Google. I figured I'd see if any of the ones in the paper appear elsewhere online. People tend to repeat themselves. The trick is to plug in unique-sounding fragments and place them in quotes. That way you only get a handful of results to comb through. I struck out on the first few, which all appeared solely in the Bitcoin paper, and there was one irrelevant link. Then I tried the term "computationally impractical to reverse." It resulted in 26 results...

EDIT: ...and some info here - http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/10/10/111010fa_fact_davis
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:53:30 PM

http://www.fastcompany.com/1785445/bitcoin-crypto-currency-mystery-reopened

I started with some amateur textual analysis of Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin paper, extracting fragments of phrases and running them through Google. I figured I'd see if any of the ones in the paper appear elsewhere online. People tend to repeat themselves. The trick is to plug in unique-sounding fragments and place them in quotes. That way you only get a handful of results to comb through. I struck out on the first few, which all appeared solely in the Bitcoin paper, and there was one irrelevant link. Then I tried the term "computationally impractical to reverse." It resulted in 26 results...

Wooo. Thanks!
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 10:33:17 PM

Limechat is a well known IRC client, especially on iOS.
Many devs in the core team use a Mac to code and communicate via IRC.
The publisher of Limechat is a developper named Satoshi Nakagawa.
Any other question ?

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 12:29:50 AM

Casascius is a reasonable person but I probably remember that moronic Bitcoin 2.0 proposal too. Such scamcoin 2.0 proposals pop up from time to time but for most part they are a result of spending too many bitcoins on Silk Road weed, not attempt to hide who is Satoshi.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:06:25 AM

I am becoming more convinced we are dealing with an organization here a la Bavarian Illuminati, who started many of the world's revolutions...

Ooookay...     

Roll Eyes     
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 02:03:21 AM

I remember a thread Casascius started, way back when, about his idea for Bitcoin 2.0 (because of the early adopter having too many easily gained Bitcoins). His idea had something to do with the block reward being based on difficulty, and you would be able to convert your Bitcoins into Bitcoin 2.0 by destroying them. The early low difficulty coins would exchange for fewer Bitcoin 2.0 and the later high difficulty coins would exchange for more.

This is all going from memory, apologies if I made a mistake somewhere.

Anyway, I suppose his motive for making such a suggestion and being so adamant about it (at the time) was to help hide his identity?

I also remember when he quit Bitcoin because of perceived conflicts with his profession (something about handling payrolls). I guess that was a clever ruse as well!

Edit: It wasn't Bitcoin 2.0, it was something like Bitcoin+.

I don't think Mike is Satoshi...lol. Mike is a guy with a well known full name and address. Sure, he's clever, but clearly we have lots of clever folks in our community and we don't think them all to be Satoshi. Also, I presume Satoshi is rich. If Mike were rich, he would hire people to write his code Smiley

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: