Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:16:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin does not work.  (Read 3009 times)
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:47:22 PM

Bitcoin does not work because people do not trust to buy things with bitcoin. I have a site running now for 5 months selling precious metals, made plenty of sales with credit card, bank transfer, no problems but not a single bitcoin purchase!

What is the point in bitcoin again?

You should promote it well and should offer some percentage of discount to those who will buy with Bitcoin.Usually people buy Bitcoin as investment and want to hold for some period and other use of bitcoin is transfer of money.In near future you will surely have clients which will prefer to buy with Bitcoin.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 03:51:45 PM

Bitcoin does not work because people do not trust to buy things with bitcoin. I have a site running now for 5 months selling precious metals, made plenty of sales with credit card, bank transfer, no problems but not a single bitcoin purchase!

We still make sales with BTC, although it has slowed down compared to the early days. Many people are hoarding, but also remember, there is much more competition now too.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:18:48 PM

No one will use Bitcoin ever to buy stuff unless getting paid directly on Bitcoin becomes a thing. Obtaining Bitcoin through buying it is a big hassle that makes no sense when you can already paid for stuff with fiat directly. What makes Bitcoin interesting is not buying the same stuff you can buy with fiat already.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:36:44 PM

Bitcoin is very young but growing slowly. Bitcoin is not perfect, nor is it competing with perfect.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:40:22 PM

If someone uses some of their Bitcoins to purchase something and then they want more Bitcoins, it's no big deal, they can just acquire more Bitcoins.
You make it sound so easy, if I were to spend .5 coins, it would take me a long time to get those coins back.  How do you make so much Bitcoins if you are able to spend it and just get more, please elaborate I would love to earn more Bitcoins..
Oh, perhaps you shouldn't spend money (Bitcoins or any other kind) if you can't afford it.  I've never "earned" any Bitcoins even once.  I have only ever been given gifts of Bitcoins and I have bought them.  How did you earn yours?
I was just saying that you make it sound easy to get coins, I don't spend them if I can't afford them.  I didn't mean to push buttons I was just curious if you had a good way of getting coins because you sounded so easy about it.
I use Bitcoin for many different things, and when I spend my Bitcoins I just buy some more using fiat, it is relativly easy for me to buy Bitcoins. That way I can hold my Bitcoins and spend them to. Smiley
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:44:53 PM

If Bitcoin does not work, then why I was just able to buy 3 games on steam? Let alone the people that has been living off it alone for a couple years now (granted, few people, but some have managed to do most of their expenses and payments on Bitcoin).
The protocol works, that's what matters. In the future more people will use it. We are on the 1990 internet era when it comes to Bitcoin.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:36:11 PM

If Bitcoin does not work, then why I was just able to buy 3 games on steam? Let alone the people that has been living off it alone for a couple years now (granted, few people, but some have managed to do most of their expenses and payments on Bitcoin).
The protocol works, that's what matters. In the future more people will use it. We are on the 1990 internet era when it comes to Bitcoin.

It works for me too  Grin

But it may be failing to work for some usages, that's true. In some circumstances it's cumbersome and doesn't make much sense over the alternatives.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 08:20:10 AM

One thing I would like to point out here is that bitcoin has the advantage in the area whereby if you are selling your product priced in bitcoin I'm sure you can lower the pricing and put forward a more competitive option for the customer to choose from compared to paying in credit cards which have additional fees involved. What you are matching here is the one-to-one pricing. I'm sure when the customer realized that it's much cheaper paying in bitcoin, I'm sure this will instantly get their attention to using bitcoin to pay.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:26:41 AM

From what I've seen (and my own mentality) no one wants to spend Bitcoins. There is a hassle to obtaining Bitcoins, and therefor there is a premium. The cost of paying for a $10 thing with cash, credit card, paypal, whatever is $10. The cost of paying with Bitcoin is substantially higher due to the time you put in when trying to obtain the Bitcoins. The only time I see people buying a lot of things with Bitcoin is after a price surge.

Its like if a store accepted Cash, Bitcoins, and Gold/Silver. No one would pay with Gold/Silver unless they had to, because $10 worth of silver will actually cost something like $12 or better due to the minting premiums. Same idea with Bitcoin, though it has more to do with difficulty of obtaining, so why not use your useless cash?

agree and so much for the potential of crypto for taking out the money changes.  Huh

and on the other note at lower then peak people hoard bitcoin not spend it, even a the best of times its rarely used as currency.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:06:12 AM

No point. It's just an intellectual exercise and an initial experiment of what's coming in a decade or two.  If you don't get it, feel free to leave.  Bye.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:17:52 AM

Money are used by humans since the dawn of time, paper money are with us for over a 100 years, credit cards are over 50 years old.
Bitcoin is only couple years old, give it time, bitcoin revolution won't happen overnight...
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:30:50 AM

No point. It's just an intellectual exercise and an initial experiment of what's coming in a decade or two.  If you don't get it, feel free to leave.  Bye.

That's not a very good way to promote bitcoin in general and help get mass adoption going.  If businesses are taking the full leap into bitcoin to start trying to implement them in sales and potentially pay employees in bitcoin, there are going to be tons of questions like this one by businesses.  Just to say, "This is what it is, if you don't like it, bye felicia" isn't going to work... we will need to calmly explain everything.

Now going back to OP's concerns, did you feel like you advertise it as much as you needed to on this forum?  Advertising is key, especially on here... there are multiple ways to do this, but I would suggest getting creative.  Think of a way to promote your business to bitcoiners in a very "outside of the box" type of mind set... people on here tend to love that kind of thinking.

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:36:19 AM

Hmm, perhaps Bitcoin folks don't want precious metals; unlike non-Bitcoin folks that don't know that Bitcoin is better than precious metals.
Yes and most of them believe in holding bitcoin rather then spending them.They believe that Bitcoin prices will sky rocket in future and they might not get their hands on bitcoin later.

MUFC

Activity: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:38:32 AM

Bitcoin works fine. Just because nobody is paying you via bitcoins isn't a problem with BTC. Maybe you're not promoting your site enough. How many people are using paypal on your site? Do you accept it? I'm guessing not since its so easy to do a chargeback but just because you don't trust it doesn't mean Paypal is broke.

saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:50:47 PM

every year merchants loose hundreds of billions of dollars to fraud. because CC is an idenity based system. And identity is impossible to prove online. Bitcoin solves this.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:56:33 PM

I hardly buy anything for bitcoin.

I cannot buy what I need with bitcoin, and i dont want to go on a shopping spree just for the sake of it.

I mostly use bitcoin as  a hedge agains economic collapses.

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:08:30 PM

As i know most of us arent even exchanging bitcoin into fiat soo why would we buy metals? gold?Why such bitcoin is the future metal digital soo why would we convert our bitcoins into gold?And as people stated with bitcoin we can be scammed very easy no tract to get back money soo once again what did you expected to sell gold for bitcoin,and no garantee that we will get those gold no way no one will send bitcoin as payment ,if bitcoin changes later a reverse option maybe it happens till that moment wont happen.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:33:21 PM

As i know most of us arent even exchanging bitcoin into fiat soo why would we buy metals? gold?Why such bitcoin is the future metal digital soo why would we convert our bitcoins into gold?And as people stated with bitcoin we can be scammed very easy no tract to get back money soo once again what did you expected to sell gold for bitcoin,and no garantee that we will get those gold no way no one will send bitcoin as payment ,if bitcoin changes later a reverse option maybe it happens till that moment wont happen.

In many countries gold is tax-free while the tax situation of Bitcoin is either complicated or unclear. Gold is also ~$800 below its all-time high.

I buy gold in cash. It doesn't make sense to me to buy gold in Bitcoin when I have to give all my details and these will be linked to my ID if I transfer directly. That's pretty much a disincentive to me to buy gold in BTC.

Currently BTC makes more sense to me for anonymous services, when talking about expenditures.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Invenio

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:55:55 PM

Bitcoiners can send any amount of bitcoin around the world  in 10 minutes for a few cents. Tried sending gold threw the post ? Haha.

Private keys can be encrypted with a password, so unlinke gold, Bitcoin is much more resistant against theft.

You understand now ? Since Bitcoin overpowers and disrupts gold in every aspect, why would Bitcoiners buy gold ??

Gold is bought because it has been successfully used as a medium of trade through thousands of years. Bitcoin, in perspective, is just a relatively new experiment.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:08:57 PM

Paying in money they dont ask you personal information,i didnt know those ,big problem with bitcoin is there is no way to recover a payment sent,this way anyone could sell gold and scam ,soo makes sense no one buying it with bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: