Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:52:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CHIP] Chipcoin | Full PoS | Maintained Only | Yobit | Nova  (Read 63475 times)
matan

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:52:42 AM

Added a "mini"  block explorer. Some exchanges require two explorers Wink

http://www.chipcoin.info/explorer
Great job!
and nice price now only 200sat..
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:26:11 AM

Nice pump going on right now and this is just the start  Grin
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 06:02:31 PM

Exactly, we are only beginning!

Tomorrow I will take on the OP a little.. I don't like these texts/links etc.. They need a button... Also a few new icons will be added in the menus for a better visual experience Smiley
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:04:54 PM

Now that's what I call a thorough answer, awesome!

The mini-exchange idea sounds interesting, but don't underestimate the knowledge and security that are required to make it somewhat hack-proof. An audit might be in place, but that costs a LOT of money. Also a lot of time and effort are required if this is to be done properly. Is it safe to assume this mini-exchange idea is planned for a later stage when the coin has established a more solid base? Great idea nonetheless!

I am well aware of the safety issues these kind of services have. Of course I will not make anything public before an audit has been done Wink
Glad to hear that! Curious to see the outcome of the mini-exchange, although it will take a tremendous amount of time, effort, and patience before anything can be made public.

I agree, transitioning the coin from PoW to either PoS or a PoS/PoW hybrid might be a good move. How about combining PoS with a special staking reward program? Might make the coin even more interesting for (new) investors. If the community votes for a transition to PoS or PoS/PoW hybrid, will you start with a clean chain?

You're right about the fact that a lot of features have already been (newly) introduced by other cryptocurrencies. And it's not always necessary to reinvent the wheel, so I personally believe this gives Chipcoin a great opportunity to choose from a plethora of already developed features. How about creating - besides the PoS reward incentive - some sort of second layer incentive? Not sure if that will fit the concept of Chipcoin, but it was merely a quick thought.

I have a few ideas in mind for PoS. I personally favor hardcoded pos blocks. As in 1 CHIP per PoS block instead of rewards based on a yearly %. It has to be worth it to stake your coins! The bad news is, this will probably involve a swap, so a new chain indeed... Coding PoS into the current source is one hell of a job to do.. And requires a lot of testing. It is way easier to clone a solid working source, and built the coin's future features from that Wink
+1! I like your way of approaching this, making it actually worth something to stake your coins. If a swap really appears to be necessary then so be it, even more so if it might affect the coin's future in a positive way.

Hmm.. I honestly don't see any added value in nor the need of creating a merchandise store let alone merchandise in itself. Why would anyone want to buy a Chipcoin shirt? Unless I have misinterpreted the idea, could you elaborate on this? Perhaps focussing on social media actions (like the Twitter campaign you mentioned) to create more awareness is a better move.

A whitepaper would be great, looking forward to the first draft.

My compliments about your interaction with the community. I like how you discuss everything with the community first and keep up the positive vibe. KUDOS to you! Smiley Really curious to see where Chipcoin will be heading.
A webshop with merchandise is pure service. Some people really do buy shirts and other stuff of the coin they support. Besides that a few other things will be added as well overtime Wink
Honestly I haven't thought of it like that. You might be right, guess I just didn't see myself buying merchandise.. Tongue

http://www.chipcoin.info/nodes

Network status and a live list of available nodes  Cool

Lovely feature update, great to have more insight into the network. Ever thought of adding a second Block Explorer besides Blockpioneers in case one goes down?
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:11:43 PM

Sorry, my fault, i should have specified it. i am looking for the Linux wallet. i know that there is a Windows and Mac wallet in the opening post but no link for Linux wallet.

I can not find a link to download the wallet or is it not available yet? Just curious, I would like to try it.

The wallet links are in the op Wink
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 01:28:54 PM

Sorry, my fault, i should have specified it. i am looking for the Linux wallet. i know that there is a Windows and Mac wallet in the opening post but no link for Linux wallet.

I can not find a link to download the wallet or is it not available yet? Just curious, I would like to try it.

The wallet links are in the op Wink

Send you a pm Wink
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 12:17:24 PM

OP update coming today. I had some difficulties with my computer the last few days Lips sealed
Crypto_Towelie

Activity: 175
Merit: 150

Coin Developer

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:10:23 PM

I bought some more chippers today  Cool

Who is the twat at 240 sat sell side? You are giving up 2.5% of total coin in this stadium? Roll Eyes
prospecta

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:24:27 PM

I bought some more chippers today  Cool

Who is the twat at 240 sat sell side? You are giving up 2.5% of total coin in this stadium? Roll Eyes

Shall I drop the price?

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 07:04:19 PM

Anyone should do what they think they should do  Wink

I am not concerned about the price/buy or sell orders etc.
Dumpers give new people a chance to buy in.

Also.. I am slowly buying myself each day.. Every chip is a chip.. Wink
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:02:50 AM

Was going to ask if anyone was having a problem with wallet synching, but
went to explore and saw no block ofund in 2 hours . My wallet says synching 2 hour behind.

Hopefully it is going to resolve itself??
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 04:10:44 AM

went to explore and saw no block ofund in 2 hours . My wallet says synching 2 hour behind.

I noticed this as well.. I am monitoring.. AND mining..

We need to act fast.. Its been a week since I asked for opinions about PoS.. Only one or two replied to it.. We need to go PoS asap after tonight.. This means a swap will occur soon. Meanwhile.. please keep mining to keep the chain moving.. It seems the miners just stopped... I only have about 4 mhs myself.. which I will throw in... If this does not resolve by mining a few hours.. we need a more drastic measure  Wink

I will contact exchanges tomorrow about PoS plans.

Now I need some sleep.. its 6 in the morning here..
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 04:15:34 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 04:34:46 AM by BanzaiBTC

AAAAAAAND we are moving  again Cool

we need to decide soon guys... Either a swap to PoS or a code update with higher PoW blocks for miners

Its a shame it doesnt work out like I hoped... But this was in the back of my head  Wink

EDIT: I will keep hashing for a while.. now some sleep
CoinMin3r

Activity: 635
Merit: 508

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 06:21:58 AM

I'm not getting any connections at all. I waited for an hour too but showing 0 connections.
Any nodes for conf files?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
coldfusion

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:33:15 AM

I like POS , just make sit worthwhile opening the wallet I guess.

But I like CHIPS and I will keep buying and supporting whichever direction you go.
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:30:39 PM

I agree, transitioning the coin from PoW to either PoS or a PoS/PoW hybrid might be a good move. How about combining PoS with a special staking reward program? Might make the coin even more interesting for (new) investors. If the community votes for a transition to PoS or PoS/PoW hybrid, will you start with a clean chain?

You're right about the fact that a lot of features have already been (newly) introduced by other cryptocurrencies. And it's not always necessary to reinvent the wheel, so I personally believe this gives Chipcoin a great opportunity to choose from a plethora of already developed features. How about creating - besides the PoS reward incentive - some sort of second layer incentive? Not sure if that will fit the concept of Chipcoin, but it was merely a quick thought.

I have a few ideas in mind for PoS. I personally favor hardcoded pos blocks. As in 1 CHIP per PoS block instead of rewards based on a yearly %. It has to be worth it to stake your coins! The bad news is, this will probably involve a swap, so a new chain indeed... Coding PoS into the current source is one hell of a job to do.. And requires a lot of testing. It is way easier to clone a solid working source, and built the coin's future features from that Wink
+1! I like your way of approaching this, making it actually worth something to stake your coins. If a swap really appears to be necessary then so be it, even more so if it might affect the coin's future in a positive way.
With regards to moving from PoW to PoS - I fully agree, however, it shouldn't be just another PoS coin. Instead, it would be great to have a custom reward schedule that really differentiates Chipcoin from other coins.

Just a quick thought, haven't really thought this through (yet) so I don't know if this will work... But how about basing the stake reward on both a collateral for a minimum amount of coins held in the wallet, and the amount of time you're staking?

So for example there are 5 reward levels:
Level 1 Stake reward
Collateral: minimum of 50.000 CHIP held in wallet
Reward: Level_1_reward (x1.0)

Level 2 Stake reward
Collateral: minimum of 100.000 CHIP held in wallet
Reward: Level_1_reward (x1.1)

Level 3 Stake reward
Collateral: minimum of 200.000 CHIP held in wallet
Reward: Level_1_reward (x1.2)

Level 4 Stake reward
Collateral: minimum of 400.000 CHIP held in wallet
Reward: Level_1_reward (x1.3)

Level 5 Stake reward
Collateral: minimum of 800.000 CHIP held in wallet
Reward: Level_1_reward (x1.4)

You get the idea.. Thoughts on this guys? Like I said: No idea if this can or will work, so any feedback, criticism, opinions, etc. are more than welcome! Smiley
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 12:32:35 PM

I'm not getting any connections at all. I waited for an hour too but showing 0 connections.

Chipcoin.info/nodes
5m4ru1

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 01:04:08 PM

Chipcoin.info/nodes
15:01:09
active
addnode=74.120.220.54
addnode=74.80.53.7
addnode=178.33.228.14
addnode=85.25.199.215
addnode=194.135.91.94

old

addnode=104.238.135.100
addnode=104.238.133.153
addnode=45.63.6.83
addnode=104.238.189.187
addnode=178.33.228.14
addnode=74.120.220.54
addnode=85.25.199.215
addnode=62.210.5.167
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:53:03 AM

We need to act fast.. Its been a week since I asked for opinions about PoS.. Only one or two replied to it.. We need to go PoS asap after tonight.. This means a swap will occur soon. Meanwhile.. please keep mining to keep the chain moving.. It seems the miners just stopped... I only have about 4 mhs myself.. which I will throw in... If this does not resolve by mining a few hours.. we need a more drastic measure  Wink

I have been running full 8 threads through my cpu and no blocks for 8 days - got 40 on the 10th a couple the 11th and 12th then zip
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 10:14:18 AM

I have been running full 8 threads through my cpu and no blocks for 8 days - got 40 on the 10th a couple the 11th and 12th then zip

Hmmm.... I guess that has to do with the miners hopping on and off... Leaving us at a rather higher diff for cpu minig.. I am now hashing for 36 hrs, and the blocks keep popping in...  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: