Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:34:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 year old Muslim teen gets legally detained in Texas for homemade clock II  (Read 4119 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:01:15 PM

Picking up from this amazing thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182066.0

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:08:36 PM

This actually looks like a homemade invention, not something a fraudster would do, to get attention and free $$$

Cheesy

Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:12:20 PM

I cannot believe people are STILL falling for it. Dude had to lock his thread. I think he had his "ah ha" moment. I knew he lost at "racist" and "Fox News" for a non Fox News link.

Too funny.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 11:16:33 PM

Please participate in my continuation of the previous thread here. The only reason it wasn't posted first was because I actually took the time to write a substantive reply.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1189791.0
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:18:14 PM

I cannot believe people are STILL falling for it. Dude had to lock his thread. I think he had his "ah ha" moment. I knew he lost at "racist" and "Fox News" for a non Fox News link.

Too funny.

One thing is for sure: I fell for it too. No shame to say it. It was obvious he looked like a smart kid with his NaSA Tshirt. Then things started to smell funny. "OK, this is a fraud" I realized.

The kid should be happy some will defend him no matter what. True believers I guess...

Grin Cheesy Grin

Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:27:23 PM

Too funny.

One thing is for sure: I fell for it too. No shame to say it. It was obvious he looked like a smart kid with his NaSA Tshirt. Then things started to smell funny. "OK, this is a fraud" I realized.

The kid should be happy some will defend him no matter what. True believers I guess...

Grin Cheesy Grin

I 100% fell for it at face value. Once I realized in was not an invention but something simply taken apart the whole thing was a fraud at that point. I don't care what color, sex, or anything. He DID NOT invent that.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:37:41 PM

Too funny.

Grin Cheesy Grin

I 100% fell for it at face value. Once I realized in was not an invention but something simply taken apart the whole thing was a fraud at that point. I don't care what color, sex, or anything. He DID NOT invent that.

The least he could do is to send all that stuff back... If he belongs to an honest family...

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 03:01:15 AM

Yep, why post in my thread, not like you already have 20 of them... oh wait...
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:18:44 AM

Yep, why post in my thread, not like you already have 20 of them... oh wait...

Let's post in your thread. It does not matter...

Wink

J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 11:06:24 AM

Too funny.

This seems like an unnecessarily sexist assumption. I didn't notice my compatriot Canadian friend awesome31312 stating his or her gender. And, you have to admit, if someone's reaction to the evidence contradicting your worldview is to lock your thread and run away crying, there's a good chance they're a little girl.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:39:18 PM

Too funny.

This seems like an unnecessarily sexist assumption. I didn't notice my compatriot Canadian friend awesome31312 stating his or her gender. And, you have to admit, if someone's reaction to the evidence contradicting your worldview is to lock your thread and run away crying, there's a good chance they're a little girl.

Hmm... I know very strong minded little girls too. Let's not this OP give them a bad name..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87wE2e0gYbg

Grin Cheesy Grin

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:34:41 PM

Family Of Muslim Teen Behind “Clock” Hoax Says He Has Been “Severely Traumatized,” Hires Lawyer For Possible Lawsuit…

IRVING — The family of a 14-year-old Irving student arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school earlier this month has retained lawyers and is seeking to regain his science project from the Irving Police Department.

Ahmed Mohamed’s parents say they’ve un-enrolled their three children from the Irving School District “because of religious persecution” and have decided to home-school them. Mohamed’s arrest made national headlines, prompting invites from the White House, Facebook and other tech companies.

“The family says that Ahmed has been severely traumatized. The family wants justice and to ensure no family will ever have to experience what Ahmed went through again,” a press release sent Wednesday stated.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/2015/09/23/ahmeds-family-hires-lawyers-to-help-get-clock-from-irving-police/72675964/

FRAUDSTERS     

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:36:34 PM

Muslim teen detained, arrested after Texas teachers call homemade clock a bomb
Awesome31312
Wednesday, September 16, 2015

IRVING - A fourteen year old Muslim teen's education was severely disrupted after teachers alerted law enforcement that his homemade clock was a bomb, in MacArthur High School, Texas. The student, Ahmed Mohamed, was arrested on Monday, claiming he had built the clock for his engineering teachers. Though there has been no evidence of explosives within the device, Mohamed could be charged with a "hoax bomb", for apparently causing disruption amongst school staff. He has been described by The Dallas Morning News as a skilled student who can construct “his own radios and repair his own go-kart.”

The majorly conservative state has had issues with racial intolerance in the past. In February, Mayor Beth Duyne falsely stated that Muslims have opened a Sharia court in Irving, TX. “We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb,” [Police spokesman James] McLellan said. “He kept maintaining it was a clock, but there was no broader explanation.”

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182066.msg12438329#msg12438329

The kid is a fraud.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:22:55 PM

Maher Trashes Ahmed Mohamed: ‘He Did Not Invent Anything!’

Last week, Bill Maher went off on all the liberals glomming on to Ahmed Mohamed, the Texas teen arrested for bringing a homemade clock to class that a teacher thought was a bomb. Maher said that liberals need to stop being so politically correct and consider that maybe in a world where young Muslims are making things to blow people up, it doesn’t hurt anyone to be a little cautious.

Well, tonight Maher kept going, saying that while he has nothing against Mohamed, “he did not invent anything!”

He said that he just put clock parts into something else and it “looked exactly like a bomb,” but Ron Reagan Jr. pushed back and said it lacked some of the important essentials of a bomb.

Maher told him teachers wouldn’t know that, and found it a little ridiculous that Google invited him to a big science fair as a result of this controversy.

http://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/maher-trashes-ahmed-mohamed-he-did-not-invent-anything/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:24:16 PM

Was planning to post this in:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1189791.0
But it has been locked down.

So... Let's move on:

Musings Of An Average Joe: The Threat Of Non-Radical Islam - Should We Actually Listen To Bill Maher?

The case of “Ahmed’s clock,” the recent comments by Dr. Ben Carson regarding a Muslim in the White House, and the ongoing debate about the Syrian refugee crisis has brought the discussion on Islam back to the forefront of American politics. The left continues to have this incessant desire to coddle and defend anyone they perceive to be the underdog or member of any allegedly oppressed minority group. In regard to Muslims, however, this ardent defense is completely at odds with liberal doctrine, and no one on the left except Bill Maher appears to be aware of this.

We have come to the point where the debate over Islam has resulted in people taking one of two extreme opposite positions. You’re either a bloodthirsty terrorist, willing to kill infidels at the drop of a hat in the name of Allah or, you are simply a wonderful, tolerant, peace-loving human being. In this debate, almost no one acknowledges that there is a middle ground. But there is a huge middle ground, and those that inhabit it should give progressive liberals, the champions of tolerance, equality, women’s rights and gay rights, much cause for concern.

Bill Maher seems to understand something that virtually none of his peers on the left understand. While the debate remains exclusively about “radical Islam,” ironically enough, you’ll often find that the most “moderate”, tolerant Muslims fit the exact description of the left’s perception of the stereotypical racist, sexist, homophobic, religious fanatic right-wing conservative that they profess to fear and loathe.

As Maher pointed out in a discussion earlier this year about radical Islam, “I’m a liberal in this debate. I’m for free speech. To be a liberal, you have to stand up for liberal principles. It’s not my fault that the part of the world that is most against liberal principles is the Muslim part of the world.”

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/09/27/musings-average-joe-threat-non-radical-islam-should-we-actually-listen-bill-maher

--------------------------------------------------------
The reason why it is so obvious the liberal movement is a farce. Worse, the liberal movement has become exactly what they used to despise. Worser: they are in denial about it. Worserer: they will attack you for pointing this to them...

Worsererer: I hate to like maher but, in this case  Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:47:20 PM

The parents of Ahmed Mohamed, the Irving, Texas teen who brought a suspected “hoax bomb” to high school, claim that “Ahmed has been severely traumatized” by his high profile run-in with the law.

Mohamed served three days suspension following an arrest over the confusing-looking suitcase timepiece he crafted on his own volition, a 120 volt mass of circuitry and wires from a commercially dissembled clock. The high school freshman took it in to show off to his high school engineering teacher, who after seeing it advised him to put it in his locker. Instead, the teen brought it to his English class where he freaked out that teacher when the plugged in homemade experiment started to beep. “She was like, it looks like a bomb,” Ahmed Mohamed told news media. School district administrators and Irving police thought it resembled a bomb, too, however, no charges were filed.

Through a press release last Wednesday, the family insisted their son now suffers with severe trauma as a result of his ordeal. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a very serious affliction often associated with prolonged military combat. Symptoms vary. They often surface within three months of a traumatic event, although, in some cases manifest years later. They must be ongoing for at least a month after an incident to be diagnosed. The Mayo Clinic lists a few key symptoms as memory flashbacks, avoiding talking about the traumatic event, inability to remember aspects of the traumatic event, negative feelings and hopelessness, trouble concentrating or sleeping, easily startled or frightened, and self-destructive behavior. PTSD’s many tell-tale signs make it difficult to go about daily life, go to school or work, be with friends, or take care of important tasks says the National Institute of Mental Health.

In spite of the purported trauma, the 14-year-old darling of social justice media made the rounds this week — from Google to Comedy Central to Dr. Oz and the United Nations. During his stint on The Nightly Show, Comedy Central host Larry Wilmore kibitzed with clock-in-a-box boy, asking if it was “cool” to get arrested.

Mohamed admitted it was “kind of cool.” He chirped, “The only reason I felt cool about it was because I knew I was innocent and I knew that if I took it to court I would win.” The audience roared in support of the teen who then calmly stood up and reenacted being handcuffed, wearing the same NASA t-shirt he sported in a slew of initial news media appearances.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/09/27/parents-claim-ahmed-mohamed-severely-traumatized/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:32:18 PM

2015 09 24 No Agenda Show: Adam Curry and John C Dvorak follow up Muslim Clock boy story

"civilisation Jihad"

awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:36:10 PM

Too funny.

Why don't you be more professional and privately message me instead of complaining on some forum post that you know I would have never bothered to check

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:54:44 PM

Too funny.

Why don't you be more professional and privately message me instead of complaining on some forum post that you know I would have never bothered to check

Thank you for checking my thread...

Grin

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:48:53 PM

Ahmed’s Dad Pushes 9/11 Conspiracy Posts, Videos on Arabic Facebook Page

With the frenzy following his son Ahmed’s bringing a suspicious-looking modified clock to high school, Texas-based Islamic political activist Mohammed Elhassan Mohammed finally succeeded in creating something he’s sought for a long time: a national media event that can be used to shine the light on alleged crimes of the United States, from accusations of “Islamophobia” in Irving, Texas, to American complicity in the 9/11 attacks.

Al Qaeda’s attack on September 11, 2001 is a recurring topic of discussion on Mohammed’s own Arabic-language National Reform Party Facebook page where—beside photos of his family enjoying their newfound fame—are posted articles, photos and videos featuring both implicit, and explicit claims that the 9/11 attacks were a US-sponsored hoax to launch a war against Islam and Muslims.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kyleshideler/2015/10/06/ahmeds-dad-pushes-911-conspiracy-posts-videos-on-arabic-facebook-page-n2061903/page/full

------------------------------------------------------

FRAUDSTERS

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: