Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:57:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FAI]ΦFree Anonymous Internet --Decentralized Blog, Messenger,Market,Dapps  (Read 26020 times)
fai (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:06:12 AM

The fact that the Dev premined 99% of the coins, automatically converts them into a kind of "centralized bank". In fact, they openly recognized that if the FAIcoins go up too much, they will sell, and if it drops down, they will buy. Isnt that what the Banks/Governments usually do?

Note this, if the FAI coins reach $1 USD per coin, they will be billionaires, and a few users will get a few thousand and the majority almost nothing. Same old story of concentrated wealth by bankers at the spend of other people...

What if Satoshi Nakamoto would have premined 99% of the Bitcoins?
Bitcoins would have been a joke by now.

read .257 please
read .257 please
read .257 please

What does that even mean

It means read post #257.
I did read it, but I don't think it offers a satisfactory explanation.
It would be a shame if this project go to waste since it's a great idea.
Additional 2 points:
What's premine? All the coins mined before a newcomer enters are premine to him--no matter who owns the coins, they are premined.
Is there a fair distribution method?Can a newcomer of bitcoin ask for compensation from premine?Of course not.
But, the answer is true for FAI
If as you wished , "no premine", then ,
Either total coins versus fee is too few, so fee will be very high, so there'll be few contents, so the project will fail;
Or total coins versus fee is too much, so the blockchain will be filled with spam contents, so the project will fail.
Conclusion: "no premine"=doomed to fail

fai (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:52:24 PM

First FAI website: indeed.fai
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:30:55 PM

perhaps there should be a turorian on how to setup one.

maybe there are several features that go unused because no one has showed people what fai is capable of. :p
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:26:00 AM

perhaps there should be a turorian on how to setup one.

maybe there are several features that go unused because no one has showed people what fai is capable of. :p
tutorial: f-a-i.net/api
FAI is a platform.And it's evoluting. When you understand the principle, you can ask fai dev team to develop the functions you need.
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 02:21:46 PM

FAI wallet is now stable on BTCPOOL.EXCHANGE

fai (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:11:22 PM

FAI wallet is now stable on BTCPOOL.EXCHANGE

We just tested. It is working well.
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:24:58 PM

subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/f_a_i
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:49:40 AM

github source code link:
https://github.com/fai03a6/freeanonymousinternet/tree/master
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:20:29 AM

Please vote for FAI in Cryptsy:
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/
dawveed

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:31:52 PM

+1  for the developers for sharing the source code.
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:07:44 PM

Guys, don't be so quiet...
Make promotion plans, we will support you with not only Faicoins, but also Bitcoins if needed.
FAI is a community, promoting itself is fun.
Or ,tell us advice for improvement, we will try our best to implement.
knowone

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:56:57 AM

As someone asked earlier, isn't the blockchain going to be enormous if FAI becomes popular? Is there at least some concept for how to deal with this, or is the price of posting going to rise enough to discourage casual use?
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:18:01 AM

As someone asked earlier, isn't the blockchain going to be enormous if FAI becomes popular? Is there at least some concept for how to deal with this, or is the price of posting going to rise enough to discourage casual use?

Depends on what you would consider a solution. A simple solution to make transacting FAI more accessible would be creating a client that would still have wallet functionality without having to be a full node. Having full access to FAI's features without having to store the blockchain would be more tricky though. Since FAI is something new, it's not like someone could just alter the code of a lightweight bitcoin wallet and create a "lihtweight" FAI client with all functionalities so simply.
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:08:24 AM

Thanks for question.
1 max block size is 1.15M. 3min/block. So max content size is around 550M per day(this costs 550k Faicoins). Max content size per year is 200G. A 1T HD can store 5 years of full blockchain content. This is worthy because maybe this 1T includes the most important and interesting contents in the world.
2 We strictly control the number of Faicoins in circulation, to prevent spamming, and also to ensure the quality of contents.
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:10:48 AM

Depends on what you would consider a solution. A simple solution to make transacting FAI more accessible would be creating a client that would still have wallet functionality without having to be a full node. Having full access to FAI's features without having to store the blockchain would be more tricky though. Since FAI is something new, it's not like someone could just alter the code of a lightweight bitcoin wallet and create a "lihtweight" FAI client with all functionalities so simply.
Yes ,you are right.
Currently we are working on android version which is a light node version.
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:12:09 AM

Any one can help on the following projects?
blockchain explorer
GPU mining
mining pool
website to veiw fai contents

s1

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:55:08 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 01:12:57 AM by s1

I've observed that I can modify any website in ...\Fai\appdata\filepackages and the changed-site comes up in FAI Viewer with up-to-date blocks.   While this would only affect me, I might be passing along site to nodes that download from me?

Is this bug or feature?

Also, with the HTML so accessible, it could be possible to have any FAI node return that HTML in HTTP request?  If so, no site would be needed for content, rather a list of FaiNet node to render content.   Think of this as a decentralized and Denial-Of-Service-proof content provider

With FAI viewer, you can browse the HTTP world.  With this approach, the Chrome (in HTTP world) could seamlessly search FaiNet.  The advantage of FaiNet over HTTP world is that you can search the FaiNet Web even without an internet connection!  And with above, people could use the browser they prefer most (I am thinking).
s1

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:29:33 AM

One more feedback item...When using on touchscreen, you cannot scroll the viewer page (with touch) like you can with Chrome.  At least that is my experience.
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:33:16 AM

One more feedback item...When using on touchscreen, you cannot scroll the viewer page (with touch) like you can with Chrome.  At least that is my experience.
This is an important point. We'll test it.
fai (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:37:33 AM

I've observed that I can modify any website in ...\Fai\appdata\filepackages and the changed-site comes up in FAI Viewer with up-to-date blocks.   While this would only affect me, I might be passing along site to nodes that download from me?

Is this bug or feature?

Also, with the HTML so accessible, it could be possible to have any FAI node return that HTML in HTTP request?  If so, no site would be needed for content, rather a list of FaiNet node to render content.   Think of this as a decentralized and Denial-Of-Service-proof content provider

With FAI viewer, you can browse the HTTP world.  With this approach, the Chrome (in HTTP world) could seamlessly search FaiNet.  The advantage of FaiNet over HTTP world is that you can search the FaiNet Web even without an internet connection!  And with above, people could use the browser they prefer most (I am thinking).
Your got the point!
It's a feature.
But only webpages not using fai-api can be browsed outside FAI client.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: