Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins: designed to fail  (Read 6272 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 10:49:56 AM

Whether it is a success or failure will depend on acceptance not how many fraction it can goes on to divide

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bank of bits

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:51:02 PM

Since Fiat currency and been shown to be manipulated to produce or extract wealth to the few that control it, Bitcoin will become the smart allternative. Yes bitcoin does have its problems yet it seems to be overcoming those problems.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 05:54:55 PM

Also bitcoin doesn't have to be used ALL over the world to be successful. Also we may get to a point where a satoshi is worth 1 cent, or even a dollar (but then we would need smaller decimal).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:50:16 PM

STAHP! D:

This thread is from 2011. Why are you still commenting on this?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Bitmore

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:55:53 PM

It's a damn shame that decimal place can't be moved. A damn shame....

Best post of the thread. 

nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:26:10 PM

Bitcoin is designed to emulate a deflationary product like gold. It's a test/experiment as to whether we can use an deflationary currency as opposed to an inflationary currency like US dollars. Turns out with a deflationary currency, people are less willing to spend, or only spend on what's really needed at the moment. To want to spend something now when you know that thing is gonna worth more later will be a complete opposite of what we've used think about money. The entire concept of money is not what we used to think with fiat money that is inflationary. Not a lot of people are able adapt to a complete change of the mindset towards money which has traditionally been inflationary. Not a lo of people can comprehend a deflationary currency
borna_121136

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:34:02 PM

Bitcoin was never designed to gain anything, it was only designed to help people in terms of anonymity. So failing isn't a option.
98problems

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:38:09 PM

I just want to point out that using wealth is illogical.

GDP = Income. Income is expressed in currency. Wealth is expressed in goods, like houses, which may be sold for Bitcoin but are not themselves Bitcoin.

Therefore Bitcoin's maximum value should be calculated using world GDP rather than world wealth. I'm not going to calculate, it's a vapid chain of thought.
Even the US dollar today is not valued anywhere near the total world GDP. During the height of the british empire, the british pound was no where near worth the value of the then world GDP. No other currency (major or not) has ever come close).

IMO the world GDP is the theoretical maximum of the total value of bitcoin, but the realistic maximum is significantly lower. 

Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:43:37 AM

GDP = Income. Income is expressed in currency. Wealth is expressed in goods, like houses, which may be sold for Bitcoin but are not themselves Bitcoin.

Therefore Bitcoin's maximum value should be calculated using world GDP rather than world wealth. I'm not going to calculate, it's a vapid chain of thought.
Even the US dollar today is not valued anywhere near the total world GDP. During the height of the british empire, the british pound was no where near worth the value of the then world GDP. No other currency (major or not) has ever come close).

IMO the world GDP is the theoretical maximum of the total value of bitcoin, but the realistic maximum is significantly lower. 

Maybe just 1%.
BTCfaucetTIME

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:56:44 AM

Maybe just 1%.
The max market cap of bitcoin is probably higher then 1% of world GDP (I believe it to be ~.005% of world GDP now) and I believe it to be possible for the value to go up more then 200x before it reaches it max potential, although I think it will be several decades (at least) before it reaches this potential.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:50:50 AM

Maybe just 1%.
The max market cap of bitcoin is probably higher then 1% of world GDP (I believe it to be ~.005% of world GDP now) and I believe it to be possible for the value to go up more then 200x before it reaches it max potential, although I think it will be several decades (at least) before it reaches this potential.

We should be comparing the market value of bitcoin to the total wealth in this world, not the GDP of the world. Smiley
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:28:30 AM

We should be comparing the market value of bitcoin to the total wealth in this world, not the GDP of the world. Smiley

Also the existing circulation of money supply?
ziiiggy

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:18:01 PM

How can you design something to succeed? Everything is uncertain in this world. We still dont know if Bitcoin will succeed or not.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: