Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to do regarding Block explorer? SOLVED
Wait for in house solution
Community fund external explorer (presstab)
Wait for a community made explorer

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: $XQN Quotient Takeover #Board Of Community #Asset Fund  (Read 46977 times)
incognitoworker (OP)

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:27:33 PM

Hi can someone confirm the the .conf setup

and also if i put 12000xqn
what is my stake average per day

thanks
No need for conf file unless you need to use other ports or such.
If you do not get connections, use the peers.dat file linked in OP.
The avg stake will depend on how you choose your strategy.
A longterm staker would split them up all the way down to 50-100 or less, but will take longer to stake.

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:12:58 PM

Anybody know how to use coin control? Does anybody remember which page coin control was on in the old forum?
What is it you want to do?
Coin control must be enabled in options first, then it will be visible in your send tab.

IW
I turned on Auto coin control at 300. But i transfered lots of coins to one address in my wallet. Will that be the correct thing to do or should i have lots of addresses of 350. ( that would be  very tedious ) I  get 16.18 with every stake.

Set optimal input size to 10.  In theory, optimal input size is even lower but 10 is good enough and is the lowest the client will allow you to set it anyway.  Coinage is unlimited and you are gonna max out the reward everytime anyway.  This maximizes the amount of weight you keep on the network at all times and minimizes the amount of weight you will need to spend to get each 16.18 coin reward.  Trust me, keep your client online 24/7 and let you coins continue to accumulate weight for a month or two and it makes a HUGE difference to the amount of coins you stake.

There is no need for multiple addresses, it doesn't matter.  I'd advise using coin control to manually break down your inputs a bit though to jump start things.  Just keep optimal input size at 10 and within a month or two, you will have thousands upon thousands of very small inputs, like 10-30 coins each.  This is exactly what you want to have.

I personally find leaving the wallet online only nets slightly more coins than if I stake 4 days on 4 days off.
As for auto CC, it will take a few months before your stacks start getting as small as you want them. Auto-optimize can only split the stacks in half each time it stakes if I remember correctly.

twitter @antiiclimax
incognitoworker (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 02:44:33 AM

Asset distribution done, 187680 XQNTOKENS issued this round.
Happy holidays everyone!
IW

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 03:46:26 AM

This is probably the optimal setup for longterm staking.
BUT, you risk getting your wallet.dat corrupted if you run to many inputs/blocks.
No you don't.  Your client will start lagging and freezing long before that happens.  You just need to move your coins to a new wallet.dat every year when lag starts to get excessive.  Trust me, I've been there.

Blocks under 50 would go below max cap atm.
Sometimes, but not always.  Anyway, not maxing out the reward cap is not a bad thing.

Also, if splitting in very small blocks the wallet should be considered for staking only, since you will need to combine alot of inputs when you would want to send coins.
Yeah, you are limited to sending 10000-20000 XQN at a time in my experience.  Not that big of a deal really.
incognitoworker (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:48:49 AM

BUT, you risk getting your wallet.dat corrupted if you run to many inputs/blocks.
No you don't.  Your client will start lagging and freezing long before that happens.  You just need to move your coins to a new wallet.dat every year when lag starts to get excessive.  Trust me, I've been there.

Sometimes, but not always.  Anyway, not maxing out the reward cap is not a bad thing.

Also, if splitting in very small blocks the wallet should be considered for staking only, since you will need to combine alot of inputs when you would want to send coins.
Yeah, you are limited to sending 10000-20000 XQN at a time in my experience.  Not that big of a deal really.
Thnx for adding this info.

IW

anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:50:53 AM

No you don't.  Your client will start lagging and freezing long before that happens.  You just need to move your coins to a new wallet.dat every year when lag starts to get excessive.  Trust me, I've been there.

Sometimes, but not always.  Anyway, not maxing out the reward cap is not a bad thing.

Yeah, you are limited to sending 10000-20000 XQN at a time in my experience.  Not that big of a deal really.

I have 6000+ inputs and I am able to send as much as I want in a single transaction, as long as I do not specify which inputs are to be used.

I can confirm the first part regarding lag/freezing of client though.

twitter @antiiclimax
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 03:54:29 AM

Anybody know how to use coin control? Does anybody remember which page coin control was on in the old forum?
Coin control must be enabled in options first, then it will be visible in your send tab.

IW
I turned on Auto coin control at 300. But i transfered lots of coins to one address in my wallet. Will that be the correct thing to do or should i have lots of addresses of 350. ( that would be  very tedious ) I  get 16.18 with every stake.

Set optimal input size to 10.  In theory, optimal input size is even lower but 10 is good enough and is the lowest the client will allow you to set it anyway.  Coinage is unlimited and you are gonna max out the reward everytime anyway.  This maximizes the amount of weight you keep on the network at all times and minimizes the amount of weight you will need to spend to get each 16.18 coin reward.  Trust me, keep your client online 24/7 and let you coins continue to accumulate weight for a month or two and it makes a HUGE difference to the amount of coins you stake.

There is no need for multiple addresses, it doesn't matter.  I'd advise using coin control to manually break down your inputs a bit though to jump start things.  Just keep optimal input size at 10 and within a month or two, you will have thousands upon thousands of very small inputs, like 10-30 coins each.  This is exactly what you want to have.

I personally find leaving the wallet online only nets slightly more coins than if I stake 4 days on 4 days off.
As for auto CC, it will take a few months before your stacks start getting as small as you want them. Auto-optimize can only split the stacks in half each time it stakes if I remember correctly.

In the early days of XQN, right after the fork to drop the reward down to 16.18 XQN per block, I personally staked at least 75% of all blocks on the network for at least a 6 month time frame.  I was most likely the only one staking staking this with the proper strategy.
anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:58:10 AM

IW
I turned on Auto coin control at 300. But i transfered lots of coins to one address in my wallet. Will that be the correct thing to do or should i have lots of addresses of 350. ( that would be  very tedious ) I  get 16.18 with every stake.

Set optimal input size to 10.  In theory, optimal input size is even lower but 10 is good enough and is the lowest the client will allow you to set it anyway.  Coinage is unlimited and you are gonna max out the reward everytime anyway.  This maximizes the amount of weight you keep on the network at all times and minimizes the amount of weight you will need to spend to get each 16.18 coin reward.  Trust me, keep your client online 24/7 and let you coins continue to accumulate weight for a month or two and it makes a HUGE difference to the amount of coins you stake.

There is no need for multiple addresses, it doesn't matter.  I'd advise using coin control to manually break down your inputs a bit though to jump start things.  Just keep optimal input size at 10 and within a month or two, you will have thousands upon thousands of very small inputs, like 10-30 coins each.  This is exactly what you want to have.

In the early days of XQN, right after the fork to drop the reward down to 16.18 XQN per block, I personally staked at least 75% of all blocks on the network for at least a 6 month time frame.  I was most likely the only one staking staking this with the proper strategy.

I call bullshit, I held more than I care to share, but I know you couldn't have possibly staked 75% if it was just the two of us staking. Wink

There was one month where I wasn't staking though.

twitter @antiiclimax
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 04:08:29 AM

IW
I turned on Auto coin control at 300. But i transfered lots of coins to one address in my wallet. Will that be the correct thing to do or should i have lots of addresses of 350. ( that would be  very tedious ) I  get 16.18 with every stake.

Set optimal input size to 10.  In theory, optimal input size is even lower but 10 is good enough and is the lowest the client will allow you to set it anyway.  Coinage is unlimited and you are gonna max out the reward everytime anyway.  This maximizes the amount of weight you keep on the network at all times and minimizes the amount of weight you will need to spend to get each 16.18 coin reward.  Trust me, keep your client online 24/7 and let you coins continue to accumulate weight for a month or two and it makes a HUGE difference to the amount of coins you stake.

There is no need for multiple addresses, it doesn't matter.  I'd advise using coin control to manually break down your inputs a bit though to jump start things.  Just keep optimal input size at 10 and within a month or two, you will have thousands upon thousands of very small inputs, like 10-30 coins each.  This is exactly what you want to have.

I call bullshit, I held more than I care to share, but I know you couldn't have possibly staked 75% if it was just the two of us staking. Wink

I'm estimating admittedly but it was definitely over half of all blocks for a long, long time.  I remember flipping through the block explorer for many months and noticing that everyone else was recombining their inputs and staking this coin all wrong.  I was literally the only guy splitting inputs of 50 coins and such.

I can't really prove anything though because I deleted that wallet.dat long ago.  The lagging/freezing got really really bad eventually.  It was a freaking nightmare moving coins over to a new wallet.dat.

That is the one weakness of this strategy.  In theory, letting your coins split into more and more smaller inputs forever and ever is the way to go, but the limitations of the software and current computer hardware mean you need to reset things every year or so.  The only way I have thought to get around that is to periodically send newly staked coins off to different wallets staking on multiple machines, but that is a major pain in the dick.
anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:14:35 AM

IW

I'm estimating admittedly but it was definitely over half of all blocks for a long, long time.  I remember flipping through the block explorer for many months and noticing that everyone else was recombining their inputs and staking this coin all wrong.  I was literally the only guy splitting inputs of 50 coins and such.

I can't really prove anything though because I deleted that wallet.dat long ago.  The lagging/freezing got really really bad eventually.  It was a freaking nightmare moving coins over to a new wallet.dat.

That is the one weakness of this strategy.  In theory, letting your coins split into more and more smaller inputs forever and ever is the way to go, but the limitations of the software and current computer hardware mean you need to reset things every year or so.  The only way I have thought to get around that is to periodically send newly staked coins off to different wallets staking on multiple machines, but that is a major pain in the dick.

I can see 50%. I solved the lag/freezing issue by creating bat files and running multiple wallets as to not overload one single daemon. Seemed to work. I know I increased my holdings considerably before the fork via properly splitting inputs.

twitter @antiiclimax
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 05:56:32 AM

IW

I can see 50%. I solved the lag/freezing issue by creating bat files and running multiple wallets as to not overload one single daemon. Seemed to work. I know I increased my holdings considerably before the fork via properly splitting inputs.

I've been pretty much just letting this churn along with “auto-optimize” on.  It seems to work alright with block sizes stabilizing between 60 and 800 depending on the difficulty.  Another factor is how fast the coin weight grows and whether it drops off after 30 days like many other newer PoS coins.  I think usually this is the case because it helps with security to prevent large wallets from dominating the network after being off line for a long time.  I've not looked at the code, but I doubt it is not set to limit coin weight.  It might be fun to add the display of coin weight into the advanced coin control dialog to get a better idea of what's happening.  If coin weight is not limited we might consider adding this as a security measure imho.

If coin weight drops off or stops after 30 days, slightly bigger blocks might be better, smaller blocks take more CPU processing and if aged over 30 days a wallet full of them could be at a disadvantage to bigger blocks. Plus for newer people, waiting for the small blocks to start gaining coin weight would cost them some compounding effect on coins that they might have gained earlier with bigger blocks.  There is always the chance too that the difficulty could grow and smaller blocks might not mint in a reasonable time (try effectively never).  Heck, going forward, maybe overnight this coin could gain in popularity enough to spike the difficulty up like Hyperstake – good luck getting a block of 500 to mint on that coin. Cheesy
skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:49:07 AM

IW

Cool....Thanks...
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 02:32:46 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2015, 01:13:14 PM by skidog

Merry Christmas ...Hope all went well during the holidays... If it wasnt your holiday Hope this year has been a good one... Have a great new year.
incognitoworker (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 11:49:17 PM

Happy New Year All

2016, when the real fun begins!

IW

JadaNei

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:16:02 AM

Yeah
Happy New year. Exited about what's coming from you guys on this, the year 2016
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:30:57 PM

Yeah
Happy New year. Exited about what's coming from you guys on this, the year 2016

Yes, Happy New Year..!
incognitoworker (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:22:44 PM

Hello community,
2015 ended with some health issues for me, and its taking awhile to recover.
Give me to over this weekend to get myself up to operational status again.
It only affected me, and not the team so our work is still going as planned.

There is LOTS of coins for sale in our OTC thread, we can very easy absorb several hundred thousands of XQN to be sold into our offers.
I will also add in the last stakes and updated amounts, we also re invested and have done some interesting trades.
Some new positions and some positions is increased.
If community wants to help by donations, we are happy for any contributions in any of the currencies we are holding, this is not mandatory, but would for sure speed up plans and development.

We did promise you more coming assets/projects, and we feel confident you will like our presentations in the comming weeks/months.

Its fun to see how some projects already trying to copy our ideas, XQN will be the market leader and trend setter.
We will bring trust and ethics back to crypto, done the right way.

2016, the year of trust!
Happy staking!

IW

baseke

Activity: 389
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:19:03 PM

Get well incognitoworker.
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 05:11:45 PM

Get well incognitoworker.
Hope you feel better. Thanks for your hard work.
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:07:29 AM

Hi IW,

Hope you get better soon. Thanks for great work and I am here for the long term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: