Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik writes Dear John letter to the Ethereum community...  (Read 4793 times)
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 02:19:12 PM

He's very clear about the situation. Basically he's saying "We scammed you, now go find other developers who want to scam you more."
Only if you have more money though. Smiley
What a smart guy, he became rich before he legally go to concerts, clubs and even buy alcohol. Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:06:46 PM

I hate to say I told yall so, but.....

This one was so easy to spot. Let me give another hint.

Goldmansachs was involved and they are crooks.

monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:41:52 PM

can't wait for the new blood fools to come in.

fixed that for you  Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 12:43:21 AM

because when Satoshi released the first btc client it was bug proof, security audited and ready for bank adoption and there was soon a crowd sale taking in millions using the currency.

as an aside some of you guys sound like you work on the local street corner asking for hand outs. which only says to me BTC and the rest need to stay depressed for at least another year just to wash you all out.

can't wait for the new blood to come in.

Pretty much this. Barely anyone cares about what is actually trying to be accomplished here. Not just in Ethereum, but the whole movement initiated by Satoshi. Anyone who thinks Vitalik, himself, is a scammer is just nuts in my opinion. Dude's boarder line idiot savant; I see people who really care about what Ethereum (or NXT or SUPERNET) is trying to accomplish would be right by investing in it. Just me, but I don't see what joy some of you take in saying "HAHA SCAM, HAHA".

Guess what? The majority of the aforementioned don't contribute a baker's fuck to crypto. At all.

And they know it. Keep up the good work guys!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:18:53 AM

all this time.. all these promises of innovation.   all this money.  still you have nothing to date to show for it but hype of the evolution, innovation and revolution coming from etherium.  give this coin to bob the builder and you will have a launched project in 3 months.  but i guess its a long con not a short one with this one. 
JReag

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:49:01 PM

because when Satoshi released the first btc client it was bug proof, security audited and ready for bank adoption and there was soon a crowd sale taking in millions using the currency.

as an aside some of you guys sound like you work on the local street corner asking for hand outs. which only says to me BTC and the rest need to stay depressed for at least another year just to wash you all out.

can't wait for the new blood to come in.

Pretty much this. Barely anyone cares about what is actually trying to be accomplished here. Not just in Ethereum, but the whole movement initiated by Satoshi. Anyone who thinks Vitalik, himself, is a scammer is just nuts in my opinion. Dude's boarder line idiot savant; I see people who really care about what Ethereum (or NXT or SUPERNET) is trying to accomplish would be right by investing in it. Just me, but I don't see what joy some of you take in saying "HAHA SCAM, HAHA".

Guess what? The majority of the aforementioned don't contribute a baker's fuck to crypto. At all.

And they know it. Keep up the good work guys!

Most people are here because they want to "get munny nd talk shjit"

I for one welcome the depressed prices, gives me more time to spread my porfolio - even to precious metals such as Gold. In a way, I guess I'll have to thank them all, later, of course.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:21:31 PM

So any speculations about ETH future?

Will they pull their exit scam soon? What will happen? I need answers *grab popcorn*

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:50:30 PM

Will they pull their exit scam soon? What will happen? I need answers *grab popcorn*

To fund their 340,000 CHF monthly budget for the next 12 months they will be massively selling ETH.
That is one way things are headed.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:56:18 PM

To fund their 340,000 CHF monthly budget for the next 12 months they will be massively selling ETH.

what are they doing with 340,000 CHF MONTHLY?
that amount is insane...

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 11:24:14 PM

that amount is insane...

well they now have a renewed interest in transparency so, maybe they will let folks know.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:45:28 AM

that amount is insane...

Mistake #1: locating yourself in the world's most expensive country.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:47:54 AM

buy some $WBB (using 1EX.Trade) with that CHF, the dev is based in switz, get in touch with him if you like!  Grin Cool

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
onemorexmr

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:58:02 AM

that amount is insane...

Mistake #1: locating yourself in the world's most expensive country.

well swiss is only about 150km from here.. i know its not THAT expensive Wink

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:00:41 AM

that amount is insane...

Just have a look at the 'transparent accounting'.

We will have transparent accounting
onemorexmr

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:04:25 AM

that amount is insane...

a found it... thank you Wink
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/39ujsp/founder_salaries/

they REALLY deserve it NOT!

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:19:53 AM

So what are we doing to actually make cryptocurrencies interesting to new people? So far everyone seems to insist we'll all be rich as soon as someone comes along and actually makes Bitcoin useful, very few people are actually trying to make it useful.

Quite frankly, I think the limited supply which forces early adopters to get rich if it's successful has created a crowd so aweful no one wants to deal with it.

Back on topic.  I followed Ethereum from the start and actually was able to recover some massive crypto losses that I should have never had in the market in a hail mary throw on the project.  I STILL find it interesting and they have done a better job on most fronts than any other 2.0 coin.  From marketing to people outside the crypto community to plotting out user friendly software (mining Ethereum is a dream compared to what litecoin ever was).  I'm interested / excited to see where the project goes.

But three massive failures.  Transparency.  Scope creep.  Distribution.  Tual left left when Vitalik payed out what he'd promised early adopters without consulting the foundation (and started a hissyfit publicly on reddit ... what kind of PR guy does that?)   Frankly I liked Charles much better - his original vision of Ethereum was what made it interesting to me.  If I'd seen it marketed as dApps in the beginning and then understood that marketing was on top of a virtual machine no more powerful than a smartphone for all users I would have rolled my eyes.  

This bringing a Chinese auto company with a 50mil angel fund for crypto 2.0 is no less than bizarre to me.  A bank or any number of institutions I could understand but I read the history of the company.  Maybe someone's rich kid who has an interest in crypto?=
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:13:10 PM

Well if they would work really hard on the ETH project and would be very dedicated, then they would have settled with low salary and use the rest of the funds to promote ETH, or finance conferences.

Instead they just keep hyping the coin with useful idiots, while they funnel all the cash away in their pockets. It is so classical  Grin

I mean they dont hire rocket scientists that need huge salary to keep them loyal, these are just average programmers, thant dont need to be that greedy.

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 07:48:04 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2015, 09:51:05 PM by benthach

So what are we doing to actually make cryptocurrencies interesting to new people? So far everyone seems to insist we'll all be rich as soon as someone comes along and actually makes Bitcoin useful, very few people are actually trying to make it useful.

Quite frankly, I think the limited supply which forces early adopters to get rich if it's successful has created a crowd so aweful no one wants to deal with it.

Back on topic.  I followed Ethereum from the start and actually was able to recover some massive crypto losses that I should have never had in the market in a hail mary throw on the project.  I STILL find it interesting and they have done a better job on most fronts than any other 2.0 coin.  From marketing to people outside the crypto community to plotting out user friendly software (mining Ethereum is a dream compared to what litecoin ever was).  I'm interested / excited to see where the project goes.

But three massive failures.  Transparency.  Scope creep.  Distribution.  Tual left left when Vitalik payed out what he'd promised early adopters without consulting the foundation (and started a hissyfit publicly on reddit ... what kind of PR guy does that?)   Frankly I liked Charles much better - his original vision of Ethereum was what made it interesting to me.  If I'd seen it marketed as dApps in the beginning and then understood that marketing was on top of a virtual machine no more powerful than a smartphone for all users I would have rolled my eyes.  

This bringing a Chinese auto company with a 50mil angel fund for crypto 2.0 is no less than bizarre to me.  A bank or any number of institutions I could understand but I read the history of the company.  Maybe someone's rich kid who has an interest in crypto?=

ah, homeless now became millionaire. thanks to all the dumb morons out there for the support! lol
working hard for a few years by going around spreading nonsense hype craps(all this nonsense can be done with simple java) to all the bitcoin conventions, now became millionaire. not bad, work hard, travel hard paid off. easy to find niches and holes in this scam hype altcoin world.

just find a niche and hole, work hard a bit to creating hype then everyone can become a millionaire just like this person in this dumb scam and hype world. we all know all these coding with no adoption worthless crap is way to became rich! very very easy!

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: