Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:50:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmixer.io SCAM. Once a legit site now apperently went bad  (Read 1851 times)
qiuness (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:58:54 PM

I used bitmixer in the past with success (small amount).
5 Day's ago i mixed ~2BTC and the funds apperently never made it to the destination.
Opened a ticket and got a single answer saying:
where is my letter of guarantee. I already sent them the transaction ID.

Once a legit site went rougue...

You can find reports al over the net, so please avoid and add to the SCAM site list. Thanks
http://bitcoinscammer.com/?listing_type=bitmixer-io-scam-ripoff

p.s: If i get this resolved i will come back with an update, but i think 5 days going 6 is a clear sign Sad

It's sad really...
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:00:36 PM

post the letter of guarantee here. no one will believe you if you don't, sorry.
qiuness (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:02:05 PM

what the hell is this letter of guarantee (i also replied asking them the same thing..and got absolutely no reply)??
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:06:30 PM

what the hell is this letter of guarantee (i also replied asking them the same thing..and got absolutely no reply)??

it's a signed message from their official address stating that all btc sent to generated address will be forwarded to your address.

but if you don't know that it means you didn't downloaded it. you should always download AND verify it before sending any btc.
qiuness (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:08:36 PM

So you are saying my coins are lost...
The first time i used it they did not require any letters...Only on bigger sums, it seams they just accept the cash and don't forward it at all... quite devious...

Can't trust anyone these days...
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:54:31 PM

This could well have happened, but without the "letter of guarantee", you can't prove to bitmixer or us that you have indeed sent the 2btc for mixing. Have you followed the coins your sent, are they still in the destination address?
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:50:28 PM

it's a signed message from their official address stating that all btc sent to generated address will be forwarded to your address.

but if you don't know that it means you didn't downloaded it. you should always download AND verify it before sending any btc.
You don't really think that any such website sends out anything close to some sort of a "letter of guarantee", do you?

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 09:57:14 PM

You don't really think that any such website sends out anything close to some sort of a "letter of guarantee", do you?

They clearly state that you need the letter if there is any issue. You have to follow the rules when using services like these since they do not store logs. The letter is very clearly mentioned...
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:57:19 PM

what do you mean? I know they generate a unique letter for every transaction.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 10:00:14 PM

I have never seen any complaints against Bitmixer. That website you posted is brand new...are you just trying to get hits for it?
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 10:16:53 PM

I used bitmixer in the past with success (small amount).
5 Day's ago i mixed ~2BTC and the funds apperently never made it to the destination.
Opened a ticket and got a single answer saying:
where is my letter of guarantee. I already sent them the transaction ID.

Once a legit site went rougue...

You can find reports al over the net, so please avoid and add to the SCAM site list. Thanks
http://bitcoinscammer.com/?listing_type=bitmixer-io-scam-ripoff

p.s: If i get this resolved i will come back with an update, but i think 5 days going 6 is a clear sign Sad

It's sad really...

You need to post proof.
qiuness (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 10:26:32 PM

this is the transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/11035ed57e5cf810616b5846a1d75186a8f11cb44017f15de7297fd903920eeb

The exact amount was 1.5201B
Well, it's interesting that the transaction got botched right when i sent more then 1 BTC.

I`m to fault also.. should have sent the mixed coins to a new address generated by me so i can make sure they arrive.
Since the seller is also silent, i cannot confirm that the has indeed received the coins.

Thinking out lout, but if the coins are not with the seller and not with bitmixer, if this shit happens on a regular bases, in 15 years there will be millions of coins lost in the blockchain...
Bluto

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:21:16 AM

The few times I used their service I don't recall not being able to see the part about the letter, and it certainly wasn't over 1 btc IIRC... 
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 12:29:43 AM

Sorry bud, but without the letter you can't do anything. I used their service once for a very micro-transaction and I saw the letter as well.

ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:01:34 AM

Not sure what happened.

I`m to fault also.. should have sent the mixed coins to a new address generated by me so i can make sure they arrive.
Since the seller is also silent, i cannot confirm that the has indeed received the coins.

You can just check the seller's address in the blockchain??

Thinking out lout, but if the coins are not with the seller and not with bitmixer, if this shit happens on a regular bases, in 15 years there will be millions of coins lost in the blockchain...

Pretty sure no coins were lost in the blockchain (unless you gave an address no one has the private key of, and it went through). If what you are saying is true, either bitmixer got it ot the seller did.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: