Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:08:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:51:31 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2019, 04:36:27 AM by smooth

Even if it was I dont think it should ever last long. Well unless there is constant increase of transactions.   

AEON has a small base block size of 20 KB. Monero's is 300 KB. While AEON does have a dynamic block size, growth doesn't happen right away and the tuning favors keeping the blockchain small even if this means more backlog.

Increasing priority in the wallet will allow you to jump the queue under these conditions, and make it more likely that the block size will grow, at the cost of higher fees (although AEONs fees are currently very low anyway).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:58:22 AM

Here's a general idea. I am sure many of you from Monero have heard of Tari - https://www.tari.com/

Tari will function as an asset stack/sidechain for XMR sort of like how Counterparty (XCP) works with BTC.

However, Tari will have a fairly sizable miner's fee (higher than the 10% one zCash has).

What AEON should do is fork Tari's codebase (not sure if it is publicly available at the moment) and have something like "Ari" as an asset stack/sidechain for AEON that has no miner's fee.

This will be made all the more powerful if AEON successfully forks to an ASIC/FPGA friendly algo and the wallet/blockchain itself will be able to function on phones as was initially planned Wink   
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:31:45 PM

Here's a general idea. I am sure many of you from Monero have heard of Tari - https://www.tari.com/

Tari will function as an asset stack/sidechain for XMR sort of like how Counterparty (XCP) works with BTC.

However, Tari will have a fairly sizable miner's fee (higher than the 10% one zCash has).

What AEON should do is fork Tari's codebase (not sure if it is publicly available at the moment) and have something like "Ari" as an asset stack/sidechain for AEON that has no miner's fee.

This will be made all the more powerful if AEON successfully forks to an ASIC/FPGA friendly algo and the wallet/blockchain itself will be able to function on phones as was initially planned Wink   

This should not do Aeon same as Tari was not made by Monero. This should do someone that will need Aeon miners to secure their coin/token.  Hopefully someone will do that but if you think about it might not happen ( or maybe I am wrong)  since they can rather just make another side chain beside Tari and be mined with Monero again. Much more miners on Monero to secure it.
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:44:35 PM

This should not do Aeon same as Tari was not made by Monero. This should do someone that will need Aeon miners to secure their coin/token.  Hopefully someone will do that but if you think about it might not happen ( or maybe I am wrong)  since they can rather just make another side chain beside Tari and be mined with Monero again. Much more miners on Monero to secure it.

The idea would be to get AEON to the point where it can operate on say block Nokia phones. Then, the developing world could use AEON and ARI to engage in phone-to-phone transactions as well have some asset issuance, management, etc. exposure.

Andreas Antonopoulos (@aantonop) had a great video on this where BTC could provide first world financial offerings in the developing world. AEON just needs to beat BTC to it Wink
bigslimvdub

Activity: 346
Merit: 23

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 10:10:02 PM

If commits were merged faster and more developers jumped onboard, maybe this could happen.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1440

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 03:08:32 AM

The idea would be to get AEON to the point where it can operate on say block Nokia phones. Then, the developing world could use AEON and ARI to engage in phone-to-phone transactions as well have some asset issuance, management, etc. exposure.

Andreas Antonopoulos (@aantonop) had a great video on this where BTC could provide first world financial offerings in the developing world. AEON just needs to beat BTC to it Wink

Aeon does not have the infrastructure to beat BTC to it, however. We should be realists. Aeon is a small community and might be a small community forever unless something very negative happened to Monero.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 05:12:39 AM

Aeon does not have the infrastructure to beat BTC to it, however. We should be realists. Aeon is a small community and might be a small community forever unless something very negative happened to Monero.

True. At the very least, when Tari comes out with it's I think 40% miner fee, AEON needs to fork it and offer it with 0% miner fee as a merge-mine to AEON Wink
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 01:19:45 PM

After 5 years AEON turned into a stable coin and is worth $1.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 05:10:25 PM

Aeon coin has quite a stable price now but I find it disturbing that the trade volume is still under $50k. I wish the team will do a robust marketing and partnership to boost the position on coinmarketcap

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 11:56:57 PM

This should not do Aeon same as Tari was not made by Monero. This should do someone that will need Aeon miners to secure their coin/token.  Hopefully someone will do that but if you think about it might not happen ( or maybe I am wrong)  since they can rather just make another side chain beside Tari and be mined with Monero again. Much more miners on Monero to secure it.

Honestly, back in 2016 I thought that was going to be the case when everyone and their crazy uncle was pissed off at Riccardo for the MEA announcement, lol.

I bought a good bit of aeon as a hedge during that time but have been bag holding ever sense just because it is the best current hedge bet on the best system w/o a premine/formed scam (cryptonote) of digital cash.

Something may never come of it, but I like to hedge my bets appropriately. Smiley
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 05:45:25 AM

There has been alot of underground work lately by the team . This is just an indication that the team is seriously developing the platform .we all know that value drive the price of token high..since the team are adding value to this project in no time the price will rise

Andretti83

Activity: 297
Merit: 112

PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 06:52:47 AM

because it is the best current hedge bet on the best system w/o a premine/formed scam (cryptonote) of digital cash.
That's exactly how I see it myself.

Febo
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 09:26:59 AM

Aeon coin has quite a stable price now but I find it disturbing that the trade volume is still under $50k. I wish the team will do a robust marketing and partnership to boost the position on coinmarketcap

Trade volume is normal. AEON dont have 90% of fake volume as other coins have.
bigslimvdub

Activity: 346
Merit: 23

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2019, 03:13:44 AM

Trade volume is normal. AEON dont have 90% of fake volume as other coins have.

Aeon isn't fake like 90% of the other coins.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 02:54:59 AM

@Febo. However, that might be bad for the speculators which is made up of 90% of the cryptospace hehehe. It would make the project appear ignored and dying.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 03:03:06 PM

@Febo. However, that might be bad for the speculators which is made up of 90% of the cryptospace hehehe. It would make the project appear ignored and dying.

Fake volume definitely attract new traders. That is the sole reason for it. To make that coin more interesting for other people to buy. But what happens when suddenly this fake volume ends?
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:03:17 PM

Fake volume definitely attract new traders. That is the sole reason for it. To make that coin more interesting for other people to buy. But what happens when suddenly this fake volume ends?

This coin needs to stop making excuses and actually do something. The scammiest CryptoNote forks like Electroneum (ETN) dwarfing our volume and market cap has gone on for far too long...

Embracing ASICs is a step in the right direction. Same with hopefully forking Tari when it comes out and making a fee-free version that is also merge-mined (on ASICs) with AEON Wink
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 04:38:16 AM

@CrazyLoaf. Agreed. But what can we do? Exchanges only list and create liquidity for those coins they like.

Also, Asics will only be a step in the right direction only if we can assure that Aeon has the biggest hashrate of the new algorithm.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 05:54:35 AM

@CrazyLoaf. Agreed. But what can we do? Exchanges only list and create liquidity for those coins they like.

Also, Asics will only be a step in the right direction only if we can assure that Aeon has the biggest hashrate of the new algorithm.

First, let someone technical see where Tari is at codewise:

https://github.com/tari-project
https://github.com/tari-labs

Next, where are we at with AEON being as phone friendly as possible? Not gonna lie, one appeal that AEON had to me was that I thought someone would bot-mine it like they do with XMR, but on smartphones and the like instead. Not sure how realistic that is Tongue

Where are we with that blockchain communication over radiowaves? That was pretty cool - not sure I've seen another project do something similar.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 02:16:49 AM

@CrazyLoaf. I reckon Aeon has already moved away from its original vision as a lightweight cryptonote coin. There is not enough developers working on the project. We were lucky to have a code rebase done for easy maintenance and updates by taking from Monero's development.

Is lespristy continuing to work on blockchain radio? Honestly, I do not know how that can help with Aeon's liquidity problems.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: