Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
overboost

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:13:21 PM

Possible tip:
if you go to https://support.coinbase.com/ and write e.g. monero, a "supported digital currencies" text appears. Valid for some other coins.
Could this be a heads-up for the upcoming coins?
If so, aeon could benefit even more, just my opinion.
What do you think?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:50:33 AM

@overboost. I am sorry to say this but it might move down further to 15k satoshis. I will never recommend anyone to buy now if they do not want their bitcoin to lose value.

As a cryptocoin, Aeon's future is still murky. I hope smooth finishes the code rebase and presents the new roadmap soon.

I agree with bbc.reporter on this one. I think its a good time to double your stack if you believe in the project but you might get a little burned in terms of BTC if you aren't careful. Whatever happens, this should be treated as a very high risk investment since a lot can and perhaps might even not happen.

@bbc.reporter, I'm always looking forward to those channels and advice.

No. I reckon it is time to play it safe. Hold the Aeons you have now but I would not suggest to double your stack. The reason is simple, because bitcoin is having one of its best performance in the market.

Aeon meanwhile is losing versus bitcoin, with 15k satoshis on the boundary, maybe lower.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:46:20 AM

@bbc.reporter, no doubt there. I'd say 15k is being generous. I see 11-12k being more realistic. I have stopped doubling my stack as I have been losing too many bitcoins.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:15:42 AM

No, 11k - 12k will happen only if more holders dump, which is not a possibility for now. Also, the Aeon community is still hopeful, and in general, happy except for a few people like sammy007. I reckon he may have already dumped some of his coins on Bittrex.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 02:13:46 PM

No, 11k - 12k will happen only if more holders dump, which is not a possibility for now. Also, the Aeon community is still hopeful, and in general, happy except for a few people like sammy007. I reckon he may have already dumped some of his coins on Bittrex.

Looks like it to me as well... I don’t see any sad faces at the 1st annual aeon conference.

http://sendvid.com/bybrofw3
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:55:37 PM

Looks like it to me as well... I don’t see any sad faces at the 1st annual aeon conference.

I guess they dumped so they can afford AEON lifestyle.

In general you cant expect any miracles at AEON price before rebase.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:30:30 PM

rather hot !
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 12:51:52 AM

In any case, I hope you are right. I noticed the community subscribers for the AEON sub has been starting to pick up as well. IMHO the sub 15k prices would happen if the rebase takes longer than Q1 2018, BTC is showing tremendous growth.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:43:27 AM

@boomboombazook. This is a funny thing I have observed in the cryptospace. It takes for someone to become a bagholder to also become a cyptocoin's most ardent supporter. I speculate a good amount of those new subscribers are the people who bought on 50k - 85k satoshis.

@phishead. Was that americanpegasus in there? I was nice of smooth to hold the sign hehehe.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
overboost

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:02:37 AM

Maybe a little bit off-topic...
What's the deal with KRB and BBR or the rest of cryptonight coins?
Any of them with good community, deserving to be bought?
heggerZ

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:10:14 PM

In any case, I hope you are right. I noticed the community subscribers for the AEON sub has been starting to pick up as well. IMHO the sub 15k prices would happen if the rebase takes longer than Q1 2018, BTC is showing tremendous growth.

Reckon we will stay channelled in the 15k-25k range until news of the re-base emerges though there is strong support currently at 20k on Bittrex. I'd still be cautious as to going lower than 15k in Jan; depends how far the next BTC inhale goes after the current alt run is done.
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 05:23:08 PM

Reckon we will stay channelled in the 15k-25k range until news of the re-base emerges though there is strong support currently at 20k on Bittrex. I'd still be cautious as to going lower than 15k in Jan; depends how far the next BTC inhale goes after the current alt run is done.

The BTC inhale is what is keeping me cautious. When we had that amazing run in Sept-Oct, holding before then was easy since buying BTC was still reasonably attainable. Nowadays, losing BTC is very disheartening since .4 of one is more than one from before Sept.

boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 05:40:24 PM

The BTC inhale is what is keeping me cautious. When we had that amazing run in Sept-Oct, holding before then was easy since buying BTC was still reasonably attainable. Nowadays, losing BTC is very disheartening since .4 of one is more than one from before Sept.

Andretti83

Activity: 297
Merit: 112

PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:19:38 PM

BBR seems dead. Only one not very well known exchange where it was relisted.
It was abandoned and I don't see reason why it should be resurrected.

KRB on the other hand is small but fair coin that is slowly developed and imo only one of three cryptonote coins that deserve a look.
To be honest, as of now, before aeon rebase, I'm seeing Karbo as #2 cryptonote coin.

heggerZ

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:33:40 PM

Agreed; I'm cautionary and probably at the end of my accumulation for now; however the risk / reward of AEON is worth continuing to HODL long-term IMHO. The potential of AEON in the coming years is incredible if the rebase delivers what I think it may.
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 09:19:18 PM

Agreed; I'm cautionary and probably at the end of my accumulation for now; however the risk / reward of AEON is worth continuing to HODL long-term IMHO. The potential of AEON in the coming years is incredible if the rebase delivers what I think it may.

The amazing thing is, I don't doubt smooth will deliver on the rebase and it will be awesome. I do, however, have my qualms about when it will be released and how many satoshis it will be worth. Holding AEON is great for what it stands for but if you want to maintain your BTC holdings, it might be too risky right now.

heggerZ

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:57:17 PM

The amazing thing is, I don't doubt smooth will deliver on the rebase and it will be awesome. I do, however, have my qualms about when it will be released and how many satoshis it will be worth. Holding AEON is great for what it stands for but if you want to maintain your BTC holdings, it might be too risky right now.

I have zero doubt that smooth will deliver, better to deliver right than early, what is key is what happens within the community after the rebase. Bounty's will be the fuel but the community will be the fire.

The problem for today HODLers is satoshi loss, if we go through two more BTC/ALT pump cycles without rebase, maybe 4-5 months, perhaps then we have unrecoverable Satoshi.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:04:27 AM

I have zero doubt that smooth will deliver, better to deliver right than early, what is key is what happens within the community after the rebase. Bounty's will be the fuel but the community will be the fire.

The problem for today HODLers is satoshi loss, if we go through two more BTC/ALT pump cycles without rebase, maybe 4-5 months, perhaps then we have unrecoverable Satoshi.

The fact is is that people seem to forget what it was like for Monero before all this insane pumpage. The dev team continually got flack due to not coming out with new, sexy features SOON^tm as they could. They wanted to make sure everything was running smoothly (pun intended) for the code of the coin itself before releasing GUIs and that sorta thing, which took a long time.

I understand it’s been a while for the complete rebase, but the new update was seriously not even three months ago. Takes time when there are not many qualified/able minded people to work on it.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:27:13 AM

No, if you want another good cryptonight coin then choose the best, maintained by the best altcoin development team. Monero. I am not saying that because I am an Aeon holder, I am saying that because it is true. But I know many will disagree with me because of different reasons.

In any case, most in the cryptospace have a lot to learn if you see cryptocoins like IOTA or EOS in the top 10 on Coinmarketcap.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
overboost

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:35:57 AM

No, if you want another good cryptonight coin then choose the best, maintained by the best altcoin development team. Monero.
Of course, I'm a hodler of monero too.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: