Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:15:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MORE THAN A DOZEN REPORTEDLY KILLED IN SHOOTING AT OREGON COMMUNITY COLLEGE  (Read 5693 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:24:37 AM

There is what? 1 mass shooting a week? When should he talk about possible solutions? I never got the american fascination with guns. Are you safer because of them? Or have more freedom of speech than other western countries because of weapons?

Most people believe that they are safer because of them. Mass shootings tend to get a lot of attention. There is however no way to get attention to or even quantify the number of crimes prevented because people wore guns.

I selected your sentence, right clicked it, selected "search" and found this:

12 Times Mass Shootings Were Stopped by Good Guys With Guns

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/12-times-mass-shootings-were-stopped-by-good-guys-with-guns/

Google. Use it. It's easy.

ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:25:56 AM

Well the shooter was an atheist who hated Christians so what can we assume? Those kind of people might do anything because they are not able to use reasoning and can't control what they are doing. They are fully controlled by their desires and emotions and are even bigger safety risk than conventional terrorists.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:06:38 PM

The number of incidents of killing with gun is more than number incidents of saving life with gun http://news.sky.com/story/1562458/us-gun-violence-history-of-deadly-shootings
If there were no killing attempts,there wouldn't be need for saving attempts too in other words if you dont have gun to kill,you dont need gun to save either.
Its high time US govt considered gun free zone in the larger interest of their people but I dont think thats going to be easy given the strong weapon manufacturers lobby there

Maybe is time that you ask yourselves why there are so many mass killing in uSA recently, much more than in other countries?
Stronger gun control can help your society but it's question if your President Obama can proclaim such law.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 12:20:58 PM

As much as I believe in the eradication of religion, I can't condone the shooting of innocent people for their beliefs.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 02:47:56 PM

As much as I believe in the eradication of religion, I can't condone the shooting of innocent people for their beliefs.   Undecided

Me either.  Think people take some stuff a little to far.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:31:04 PM

Me either.  Think people take some stuff a little to far.

...a little too far...

The nine victims killed in Thursday’s massacre at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon have been named by police.

Officials identified the nine as; Lucero Alcaraz, 19; Quinn Glen Cooper, 18; Kim Saltmarsh Dietz, 59; Lucas Eibel, 18; Jason Dale Johnson, 33; Lawrence Levine, 67; Sarena Dawn Moore, 44; Treven Taylor Anspach, 20; and Rebecka Ann Carnes, 18.

Shortly after reading the names of those who lost their lives, members of the police department read statements from some of the families.

They also revealed that the number of people injured during Thursday’s shooting was nine, not seven as previously reported.

The gunman, Chris Harper-Mercer, was also killed on Thursday by police.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3257855/The-nine-victims-Oregon-gunman-26-including-trainee-nurse-19-recovered-addict-turning-life-72-year-old-mature-student-named-police.html

ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:15:22 PM

Heroic Army Veteran Shot Multiple Times After He Charged Oregon Shooter

A heroic student charged at the Oregon college shooter and was shot five times as he tried to save his classmates, his family said.

Army veteran Chris Mintz, 30, was taken to hospital following the massacre at Umpqua Community College on Thursday morning.

His cousin Derek Bourgeois told DailyMail.com that Mintz faced Chris Harper-Mercer, 26, who killed at least 10 people at the school in Roseburg.

‘I was told he went after the shooter,’ Bourgeois told DailyMail.com.

‘There was no way he was going to stand around and watch something this horrific happen.’

Bourgeois, who lives in North Carolina, said no vital organs were hit when Mintz was shot multiple times, but he is expected to recover after spending most of Thursday in surgery.

According to his family, both of his legs are broken and he will have to learn to walk again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3257223/He-wasn-t-going-stand-watching-horrific-happen-hero-Army-veteran-shot-five-times-charged-Oregon-college-shooter.html

I am curious to what really happen on this incident... because using a human body behind a door to stop bullets isn't the same as running toward an armed man on an open field.

behind the door is a best slowing the progress (why not block the door and escape by the window?), running bar handed is Sovietlike Smiley.

curious.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:20:39 PM

Hoax or reality? The jihad connection

Use google translate.

https://www.ridus.ru/news/199511

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:22:34 PM

Is the Oregon Shooting a hoax? Obama came out immediately anti-guns and a Vet with a gun who wanted to help wasn't allowed in.

ARMED Air Force Vet Was on Umpqua Campus – BARRED From Assisting Victims During Shooting

“I was carrying. And I was ready to help.”

Video: WOW! Oregon Shooting Hoax Crisis Actor Stacy Boylen - Uhhh Uhhh Bullshit!

Video: Oregon Shooting - Crisis Acting? Chris Mintz Family Duping Delight + Gofundme

Video: Oregon Shooting Hoax: Blatant Gun Control Agenda For UN NWO (Redsilverj)
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:25:19 PM

Hoax or reality? The jihad connection

Use google translate.

https://www.ridus.ru/news/199511

I think this link will be translated through google translate: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ridus.ru%2Fnews%2F199511
silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 09:31:24 PM

Shooting at GUN FREE Umpqua Community College, Oregon

urm... I think calling the college a gun free zone is wrong. If I remember correctly, there was a student with a concealed weapon license in the college while the shooting were going on.

The conservative site Breitbart and others assert that guns were banned at UCC. This is not true. The student code of conduct bans guns "without written authorization." Under Oregon law, the university could not ban people with a valid concealed carry license from bringing their weapons on campus. (They could ban gun from various buildings and facilities.) Conservative writer Dana Loesch, who initially claimed the campus was a "gun free zone," updated her article to clarify that individuals with concealed carry permits were allowed to bring guns on campus.

-http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/10/01/3708256/ucc-was-not-a-gun-free-zone-because-public-colleges-in-oregon-cant-ban-guns/

ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 09:37:14 PM

One sure thing : Umpqua Community College is a beautiful place of learning, it represents what should be achieved everywhere in China in the next few decades. My sincerest condolences to the victims, my best hopes to the wounded, I hope that tragedies like this will not happen. gun (swords) don't kill, sick people do. killing the killer is righteous.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 09:54:50 PM

Video: Oregon Shooting Hoax - Drills Galore (+One Week Before) Terrorizing Oregonians!

Staff says there are going to be NO changes to security in the video.

"Oregon College President Says School STAFF Has Been Conducting School Shooting Drills
https://youtu.be/26gZLLx-HWY

BREAKING.. Drills Held Last Week At School In Oregon Shooting:
https://youtu.be/B5sJcjBTQmk

Oregon Shooting Drill Hoax - INTERVIEW THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE!!!
https://youtu.be/glKIYeiodPM

Teacher terrified by surprise 'active shooter' drill in eastern Oregon schoolhouse files federal lawsuit
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/04/teacher_terrified_by_surprise.html

Chris Mintz - UCC Shooting Survivor https://www.gofundme.com/s75ge9y4"
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:07:31 PM

Bernard Kerik on Oregon Shooting: Police Were Planning for Such an Attack

"Former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik Thursday credited strong planning by local authorities in Oregon for preventing a 20-year-old gunman from taking more lives while on a shooting rampage at a community college, telling Newsmax "you can only imagine what this would've been without their intervention."

"That could've been far, far worse if they didn't take this guy out when they did," Kerik, who oversaw the city's police force during the 9/11 attacks, said of the shootings at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, about 180 miles south of Portland. "The other thing I was pretty impressed with was that the state had brought in buses to extract people from the campus.

"That wasn't spontaneous. That was something that was pre-planned."

Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum said 13 people were dead after the 20-year-old gunman began firing at 10:38 a.m. It was not immediately clear whether that number also included the shooter.

State police Lt. Bill Fugate said that at least 20 others were hurt. The school has about 3,000 students.

Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said the gunman was killed in an exchange of gunfire with officers. The sheriff did not say whether the shooter was killed by officers or took his own life.

Authorities offered no immediate word on the gunman's motive and said they were investigating.

One student said the shooter asked people about their religion before spraying more bullets.

After the incident, students and faculty were taken by bus the county fairgrounds, the sheriff's office said.

Kerik told Newsmax that using the buses to transport people to safer areas proved that Douglas County authorities had been planning for such an attack.

"I can't fathom that was something spontaneous, which means these guys have been drilling or practicing for this kind of event," he said. "The first responders, the local and state police — and the administration itself.

"This isn't the first, it's not going to be the last — but it's essential, and this is a clear demonstration of how important these continual drills are. This is extremely important.

"They have been planning," Kerik reiterated. "They've been preparing for a crises like this. Look, the reality is if they haven't been, they're stupid.

"If you're in this country today and you don't know the possible threats that we face with terrorism — whether it's a lone wolf or a group or some lunatic like perhaps in this case — but if you don't understand that by now, then you're never going to get it.

"We have to be prepared for crises of this nature — and it appears to be that you've got to give these cops and the first-responders kudos for their response today."
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:57:27 PM

SHOCK: LA TIMES LABELS BLACK OREGON SHOOTER AS WHITE SUPREMACIST!!!

The Los Angeles Times has labeled the Oregon shooter as having “white supremacist leanings” even though the shooter was black. The shooter identified as “mixed race” and reportedly had a black mother. Quoting an alleged anonymous source in law enforcement, the paper wrote, “A federal law enforcement source familiar with the investigation said, though, that authorities had obtained some of Harper-Mercer’s writings, as well as a note he left behind, suggesting that he supported white-supremacist causes and opposed organized religion. He also liked to discuss military history, the official said.”

Regarding the race of the shooter and his motivations, the Daily Beast reported that the shooter admired the black Roanoke shooter who expressed racial motivations for his actions. They also wrote, “The father is Caucasian, Evans said, while Mercer’s mother, Laurel Harper, is black.”

The absurdity and apparent lack of an actual knowledgeable source in the LA Times article was first pointed out by Daniel Greenfield in FrontPage Magazine. He wrote:

According to the LA Times, Chris Harper Mercer, the Oregon killer, was a “White Supremacist”.

One slight problem. Mercer identified as multi-racial. His mother was black. He doesn’t seem to have even known his father. He identified with black TV killer Vester Lee Flanagan.

Though it is possible that someone resembling the Dave Chappelle character Clayton Bigsby, who was a blind black white supremacist, did exist, we can all agree that it is unlikely.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/10/03/shock-la-times-labels-black-oregon-shooter-as-white-supremacist/

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:21:12 AM

Obama will probably address the public, then shortly later he'll push for stricter gun control any time a mass shooting happens...Times like these, I don't feel politics should necessarily be involved, but protocols like damn security guards being unarmed should be reviewed.
He did not even waited that long... What a sad president.

It's like this every time. He doesn't address the public to mourn the deaths of the people, he does it so he can push for stricter gun control. He finds the need to turn everything to a political event the day after the shooting instead of address those who died or offering condolences.

There is what? 1 mass shooting a week? When should he talk about possible solutions? I never got the american fascination with guns. Are you safer because of them? Or have more freedom of speech than other western countries because of weapons?

He's been talking about possible solutions, forever now. He seems to take these "address the public" speeches to no longer mourn or inform the public, but rather create political pushes for gun control. After Sandy Hook, it seems nothing will happen anymore.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:02:37 AM

He's been talking about possible solutions, forever now. He seems to take these "address the public" speeches to no longer mourn or inform the public, but rather create political pushes for gun control. After Sandy Hook, it seems nothing will happen anymore.

Just so I can get this straight.

Obama is "black."

This shooter was "half-WHITE."
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:24:56 AM

Just so I can get this straight.

Obama is "black."

This shooter was "half-WHITE."

0bama = mom, white, daddy, black = 100% black

evil insane shooter = mom, black, daddy, white maybe = 100% pure white as snow racist republican killer.

silverleafy

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:48:26 AM

Well, that's good. But irrelevant, as he was not targeting Christians to kill.

McGowan told family members that the gunman didn't specifically target Christians but asked them about faith. The shooter, apparently planning to die during the massacre, told students: "I'll see you soon" or "I'll meet you soon." [...] "The shooter would call a person: 'You, stand up,'" Salas said, recalling what her son told her. "And then he would ask them if they were a Christian, knew God, or had religion. And it wasn't like it was stated on TV. It wasn't that he was just trying to pinpoint Christians, no."

-http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/10/gunman_in_oregon_college_shoot.html

Didn't a mother of a columbine shooting victim claim her daughter got killed for being Christian, profiting off of a lie about her daughter's death? And fueling the Christian persecution complex, much like that particular part of this story... Well, the lie's already made it halfway around the world. Let's see how far the truth goes.

silverleafy

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:52:56 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 04:12:18 AM by silverleafy

Shooter In Oregon Asked People Their Religion Before He Started Shooting – UPDATE: Christians Were Shot In The Head…

[...]

Another completely inaccurate thing said as if it were fact by people very eager to politicize this tragedy. This is why you wait a day or two, for all the information to come out. That way, you're not helping propagate inaccurate data, at best, lies at worst.

PS: I don't see how White supremacist is only for pure-blooded white people. People of all backgrounds can have bigoted views. Of course, a black man being a white supremacist is like a slave that agrees with slavery, but I guess they exist. Also, based on the tone of his skin (photo found on google), I would guess he would be more likely to hold white supremacist views than someone of the skin tone of say... Obama.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: