Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:41:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: good places to hide paper wallet ?  (Read 9663 times)
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:09:04 AM

Secret hidden safe under sliding floor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd0Bkju0eWs

or you can use clock with hidden place like this

I`ve never seen a clock like that, but its possible.

However if the burglar comes equipped with metal detector, he can detect any precious stuff in there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:11:05 AM

However if the burglar comes equipped with metal detector, he can detect any precious stuff in there.

Actually, beside old schools, no one use those, its way too obvious and the metal detector wont detect a stack of bills, and it would already react to the clock itself somewhat. Either way, its not a very good idea. But the sliding floor though, thats not bad at all.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:17:17 AM

Actually, beside old schools, no one use those, its way too obvious and the metal detector wont detect a stack of bills, and it would already react to the clock itself somewhat. Either way, its not a very good idea. But the sliding floor though, thats not bad at all.

The clock is quite dated but there are other option in clock if you want that route.  This is more for a mantle but could go on table. - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045Z4MDC?keywords=concellment%20clock&qid=1445573664&ref_=sr_1_sc_1&sr=8-1-spell

It looks a lot more modern and would not look out of place on a mantle.   I would go more for this on a clock if picking.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:21:44 AM

The clock is quite dated but there are other option in clock if you want that route.  This is more for a mantle but could go on table. - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045Z4MDC?keywords=concellment%20clock&qid=1445573664&ref_=sr_1_sc_1&sr=8-1-spell

It looks a lot more modern and would not look out of place on a mantle.   I would go more for this on a clock if picking.

My great grandmother had a big clock in the old family house from the 1800's, I could hide it there, it would be a great place to hide, because nobody would look there.

Shit, now they would because I just told my good hiding place on an internet forum.

Guys, c`mon this thread is a tutorial for burglars, don't be morons, don't tell about good hiding places on the internet!

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:45:19 AM

My great grandmother had a big clock in the old family house from the 1800's, I could hide it there, it would be a great place to hide, because nobody would look there.

Shit, now they would because I just told my good hiding place on an internet forum.

Guys, c`mon this thread is a tutorial for burglars, don't be morons, don't tell about good hiding places on the internet!

You do make a good point.  I use no concealment device I post.   Or is that misdirection... no it's the truth.  There are a ton of great concealment ideas. 

If you look at gun one's they tend to be decent as they are normally not cheap.  So that is where I found that clock vs standard concealment.  And I have a few in my head I really would like to share.... but I am keeping them in my head as I have not seen them talked about.

It's also a good place for us to look and see if others had same idea as us.  The best ones are one specific to you, and no one else would share.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:32:55 PM

I heard something like cold wallet. A cold wallet must be a offline wallet which is more secure from any hacking.
bitoneness

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:58:14 PM

Dog shelter or fish tank is the best place to hide your paper wallets.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:30:25 PM

Classic ways to hide things: behind a painting, under doormat (get some glue to attach it lol), how about in your underpants (seriously), you need to make your hiding place as natural as much and as normal as possible. Making someone to build you custom case for your phone which have some kind of secret pocket for you to put it Grin
scott btc

Activity: 356

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:06:50 PM

Bank lol,
but i love it.

Just place under your pillow  Grin
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:25:16 PM

https://cdn-img-3.wanelo.com/p/fe9/784/03f/9423c970839eb99d6948d4d/x354-q80.jpg

Mostly the clocks that i saw aren't like this.
But they have only to put the batteries.
If you leave there for a long time i think you will forget about it and maybe through in trash one day Sad
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:56:47 PM

My mother keeps some important papers and even cash inside Religious Book.She believes it is the best place as no theif or anyone with bad intentions will ever dare to touch it let alone steal it Smiley You can try to hide your paper wallet there

prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:45:22 PM

I do not have much knowledge on pen drive storage. For long term storage we must need SSD. May be cost of buying is high but for a secured next generation saving we must go for SSD (Solid State Disk).

This is completely wrong and i will not suggest anyone to hide your paper wallet in a SSD.
For long term this is not recommended because if SSD has no electricity for a long time, the data inside can be erased.
Try to hide your paper wallet somewhere where you think that nobody will touch, or will have no idea about that place.

you can run your ssd on a different network, or even without any connection, just so it remain active with electricity and all

it would still be a cold storage, last time i've checked could storage mean only off line, not switched off completely

For this case HDD are better rather than SSD,
Because they can stay longer if you don't touch them.
I would suggest the OP to hide the paperwallet inside computer loudspeakers Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:30:28 AM

I do not have much knowledge on pen drive storage. For long term storage we must need SSD. May be cost of buying is high but for a secured next generation saving we must go for SSD (Solid State Disk).

This is completely wrong and i will not suggest anyone to hide your paper wallet in a SSD.
For long term this is not recommended because if SSD has no electricity for a long time, the data inside can be erased.
Try to hide your paper wallet somewhere where you think that nobody will touch, or will have no idea about that place.

you can run your ssd on a different network, or even without any connection, just so it remain active with electricity and all

it would still be a cold storage, last time i've checked could storage mean only off line, not switched off completely

I would suggest the OP to hide the paperwallet inside computer loudspeakers Smiley

Problem with that and many of the other conceal ideas is if there is a fire/act of god.  If you only work on concealment your paper wallet is subject to many things out of your control.

If using one really renting a safty deposit box at a bank is worth it depending on your holdings.  Much more secure and a great place to keep a backup.
alloffmyhate

Activity: 280

It's Never End

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:33:51 AM

Grin try safety deposit box

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:45:02 AM

Grin try safety deposit box

It is honestly the best as far as keeping a copy of your paper wallet.  It will cost more then a hardware wallet if you have it there long term, so I hope you are using it multiple items if just for a single bitcoin paper wallet unless a lot of holding it is not very good price.  But you get bank level security.... which is not easy to get.

But everyone should think about one that has much holdings in BTC.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

To are many ways of hiding our secrets. You can hide your paper wallet in the back of your pillow. You can also hide paper wallet in durabox with lock secured. there are to many ways... if your house safe enough this is good but if you have evil friends or family this is not recommended. I think if you have a laptop this is more secured than in physical.. Your paper wallet put to one folder then rar it with password.. Then install virtual box or vm ware then install os xp or win7 after thattransfer you paper money in that virtual xp or win 7 then after that shutdown it then get your .ova what you install here C:\Users\admin\.VirtualBox
Make it rar again with password... Thats it.. This is high secured for me but dont forget the password...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:27:57 AM

ssd evo can last very long with its memory, up to 5 years at least, and my old ssd was still working good for 3 years, i'm not buying this whole ssd, have poor lifespan"

it's one of those excuse that big business throw around, to incite you to buy another new one fast and keep their market alive
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:13:47 AM

ssd evo can last very long with its memory, up to 5 years at least, and my old ssd was still working good for 3 years, i'm not buying this whole ssd, have poor lifespan"

it's one of those excuse that big business throw around, to incite you to buy another new one fast and keep their market alive

The SSD poor lifespan thing was a problem with first gen SSD, its not anymore. My SSD Samsung EVO has been running great for years, now. And if you don't use them much, SSD probably has a better lifespan than HDD because of no mechanical parts.

For a fast node SSD would definitively be better too.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
iram66680

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:58:15 AM

SSD does degrade overtime without opening them. But HDD is prone to failure if you bring it close to a magnet or if there is a solar flare. For SSD, they would degrade from long periods of not powering it on and extensive read/writes. Not a problem with cold storage.

Proxiebuier

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:15:53 PM

Effective Places to Hide Money ( maybe we can use it to hide paper wallet)

1. In an envelope taped to the bottom of a kitchen shelf

2. In a watertight plastic bottle or jar in the tank on the back of your toilet

3. In an envelope at the bottom of your child’s toybox

4. In a plastic baggie in the freezer

5. Inside of an old sock in the bottom of your sock drawer

6. In an empty aspirin bottle in the bathroom (bundled up with a rubber band around it)

7. In the pocket of a particular shirt in your closet

8. In a “random” folder in your filing cabinet

9. In an envelope taped to the bottom of your cat’s litter box

10. In an envelope taped to the back of a wall decoration

11. In between several pages in a random book or two on your bookshelf

12. Buried in a jar in the back yard (my grandfather, incidentally, did this very thing)

13. In an envelope in the glove compartment of your car

14. Underneath a potted plant (or even buried in a small jar in the soil)

15. In an envelope taped to the bottom of a dresser drawer (so you can reach it from the
inside of the dresser below it)

16. Inside of a big coffee cup in the back of a cupboard

17. Inside your Christmas decoration box

18. Inside of an empty bottle of Guinness in the back of the fridge with the cap seemingly in place (smash it to get the cash)

19. In a plastic baggie inside of a flour or coffee container

20. In an envelope inside of a DVD case

source : http://www.thesimpledollar.com/twenty-places-to-hide-money-at-home-besides-under-your-mattress/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: