Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:46:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do with your idle coins?  (Read 30459 times)
GetClams.com

Activity: 179
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:49:01 AM

Bitreserves! held in Gold. Stable and fast.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:09:50 AM

I'm currently just sitting on mine. I'm not so sure what to do with them.

My BTC and LTC are sitting in paper wallets in the local banks safety deposit box...likely 'taunting' the fiat in the other boxes as being sooooo 20th century Smiley

The reason for the safety deposit box is 1) its huge 2) its only 45 bucks a year and the MAIL the bill so no issues there 3) if the bank sinks into a sinkhole or something and all is lost..well just proof the asic gods hate me ..imho and I could then write it off to 'fate' Smiley should some such bank 'catastrophe" happen Smiley

and of course if i get hit by a truck my brother is on the  safety deposit box record so he can pull them Smiley

(damn just jinx'd self) Smiley

the magic beans will grow ..or I will have a lot in common with the state beanie baby club Smiley

Sounds like a good idea.

Perhaps if I were to draft my Will and include Bitcoins as part of my assets, wonder what will my lawyer say..

I told my brother who is on the safety deposit box form ...just to take the paper wallets and not tell anyone Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:26:45 AM

May be the idle coin owners are billionaires. But I leave my bitcoins to sit idle to make my self as millionaire.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:32:33 AM

If I were you I would let them idle around. I will not take the risk to invest into Hype or gamble them away.

If you are looking to earn some Bitcoin those idle coins, you can head over to an altcoin exchange and buy some PoS coin. Similar to idle on your Bitcoin wallet just that you can earn some interest from time to time - depending on the PoS term.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
momore

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:16:09 PM

Keeping for price going up.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:18:25 PM

I only keep a small amount of idling coins in paper wallets. Usually use bitcoin and then re-buy them back.
givemefive

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:48:44 PM

Playing games online.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:06:27 PM

May be the idle coin owners are billionaires. But I leave my bitcoins to sit idle to make my self as millionaire.

It's not necessary only a billionaire or millionaire can leave their bitcoins idle who are all believing with bitcoin in long run leave their hard earned bitcoins to sit idle. You are right, making your coins idle will definitely will make you a millionaire over time. I too believe in the future of bitcoin very much.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:40:39 PM

Playing games online.

Can you made a post with the ways you find bitcoins every day? Because you are telling that you only spend those. So to play games online needed to have every day new bitcoins. Where do you find those? Maybe can help us to use the same way to make some bitcoins for us.
biggbox (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 04:40:54 PM

If I were you I would let them idle around. I will not take the risk to invest into Hype or gamble them away.

If you are looking to earn some Bitcoin those idle coins, you can head over to an altcoin exchange and buy some PoS coin. Similar to idle on your Bitcoin wallet just that you can earn some interest from time to time - depending on the PoS term.

What's PoS?

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:22:21 PM

I will keep my bitcoin idle in my secure wallet than invest in HYIP or investment based on ponzi scheme.

What's PoS?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake
buy altcoin which can do a PoS and idle the coin on wallet, you can earn profit % share.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:25:44 PM

Meh, most of these PoS coins won't do good and also aren't stable price wise. Investing on them will either burn you or leave you a pretty much useless coin.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:25:47 PM

You can just save your bitcoins or can invest them. I would prefer to save them so that in future if there is a increase in the price of bitcoins then we can book some profit by selling the bitcoins. Because I believe that the future of bitcoin is very bright and one day bitcoin will be very popular and the demand for the bitcoins will be increased, ultimately the prices of the bitcoins will be increased.
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:07:13 PM

I have some coins idling around in my wallet but I cannot bear to put it in hyip or risk it. But it is a waste to let it idle around. Yes. I have coins in some "lower risk" hyips to generate some interest which I'm prepared to write off. I also have some coins converted to hashing power in hashnest and BW.com but it has to be monitored else you will suffer a loss instead.  Grin

Unlike fiat currencies, I cannot park these coins into banks backed by governmental institutions. I put my fiat currencies in banks or blue chips but I cannot do it with cryptos.

So, what do you do with your idle coins? Let it sit around?

Personally I do invest on some HYIPs with my idle bitcoins, it's risky and not recommended though. But I am a risk taker so its fine with me investing in such sites. You can try lending out your coins with interest on the Lending section of this forum but make sure you have to ask for collateral if ever you want to give a loan on the said section.

lololhyip

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:50:28 AM

keep investing,I love risking my btc.  Grin
Persuade

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:09:24 AM

im holding my bitcoin until i reach a decent amount for now im gonna earn by doing faucets
and surveys and also play some games to reach my goal of cashing it out
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:16:38 AM

im holding my bitcoin until i reach a decent amount for now im gonna earn by doing faucets

Faucets & games pay only tiny dusts. Perhaps you should make use of you time to do something more meaningful and earn some real money to buy bitcoin. That will be faster...
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:16:36 PM

Faucets & games pay only tiny dusts. Perhaps you should make use of you time to do something more meaningful and earn some real money to buy bitcoin. That will be faster...

Yes dust is the perfect term to name their payment amounts. I have wasted more than one year in faucets without knowing about signature campaign. Because I do not have bitcoin friends in office. Now I use this forum for new earning methods.
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:22:54 PM

Just let it sit until right now because i'm wait until halving block coming and i want to sell all my coins
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:35:32 PM

Just let it sit until right now because i'm wait until halving block coming and i want to sell all my coins

But I do not see a immediate hike on the event of block reward halving. It need some time logically a round involving old miners, new miner, new buyers and difficulty changes. Bitcoin needs to be held for long time, but you can en-cash from it when ever you feel a good price. But all at a time must be a bad idea.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: