Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:31:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do with your idle coins?  (Read 30459 times)
biggbox (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 03:50:50 PM

I have some coins idling around in my wallet but I cannot bear to put it in hyip or risk it. But it is a waste to let it idle around. Yes. I have coins in some "lower risk" hyips to generate some interest which I'm prepared to write off. I also have some coins converted to hashing power in hashnest and BW.com but it has to be monitored else you will suffer a loss instead.  Grin

Unlike fiat currencies, I cannot park these coins into banks backed by governmental institutions. I put my fiat currencies in banks or blue chips but I cannot do it with cryptos.

So, what do you do with your idle coins? Let it sit around?

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
eyeknock

Activity: 381

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:57:55 PM

well you can always go for trading, you know, "move your money" can bring you some beneficts if you study the markets and have a little bit of "lucky".

I also have some coins converted to hashing power in hashnest and BW.com.

i will never recommend all those sites, maybe for some people all those sites like hashnet looks good but i preffer to risk my idle money as you said with trading than with all those sites.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:59:12 PM

I just have them sitting... that's all. Im also looking for ways to generate interest out of my modest stack (less than 2 figures) but it seems "everything is a scam" and I get told by everyone everytime I ask it that I just should hodl.

BTCJam was an idea I had but apparently so many people default, they run with your money without any consequences and you just lose it.
Most "Put your money here and generate interest" things are just good ol ponzi schemes. It seems no one is coming up with a serious platform to securely do this.
So yeah im afraid we are stuck with holding and holding only.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:06:55 PM

I just let it sit idle, honestly. I can't seem to find a good investment wherein I would get a guaranteed passive income out of my bitcoins. Too many scam sites and platforms appearing out of nowhere. Cloud mining can't be that profitable, so is trading because I lack the time to execute trades.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:08:52 PM

I have some coins idling around in my wallet but I cannot bear to put it in hyip or risk it. But it is a waste to let it idle around. Yes. I have coins in some "lower risk" hyips to generate some interest which I'm prepared to write off. I also have some coins converted to hashing power in hashnest and BW.com but it has to be monitored else you will suffer a loss instead.  Grin

Unlike fiat currencies, I cannot park these coins into banks backed by governmental institutions. I put my fiat currencies in banks or blue chips but I cannot do it with cryptos.

I would leave those there who those are and would take all the others from the places where there are and put the last ones where are the firsts and will leave there. I would forget about those since will be the time to convert. When the price of bitcoin will be the price you want or you think that is enough to make those in the needed currency at the moment of change.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6138

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:09:46 PM

I have some coins idling around in my wallet but I cannot bear to put it in hyip or risk it. But it is a waste to let it idle around. Yes. I have coins in some "lower risk" hyips to generate some interest which I'm prepared to write off. I also have some coins converted to hashing power in hashnest and BW.com but it has to be monitored else you will suffer a loss instead.  Grin

I personally just leave them and hold them , mostof the websites out there are scam .
Even if you use lending platforms such BTCJam or others , you still have a chance of getting scammed so .. yeah and there is nothing they an help you with if you do

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:11:42 PM

Nothing. I do nothing with my idle coins since I see the Bitcoin is like an investment to me. Sometimes I use it to buy something online but I replace it when I have extra cash.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:18:09 PM

They just sit idle, most of the time, in a cold storage... I'm not good in trading and I don't really invest coins I'm saving. I then have some coins online for shopping or for other things if i need them.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:24:37 PM

Yeah my idle coins just sit around in cold storage. it's better to just keep them idle if invested in any hyips it's a sure loss.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:28:42 PM

I just hope OP that you won't lose much more than you will gain from all of those investment of yours! I hope you realize that we are currently living in a very scammy investment wise Bitcoin ecosystem.

I hold my idle coins in the cold storage and I am perfectly happy about it! This is my long term investment and that's how I look at it!
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:33:40 PM

They just sit idle, most of the time, in a cold storage... I'm not good in trading and I don't really invest coins I'm saving. I then have some coins online for shopping or for other things if i need them.

I mostly shop for steam games and not much--sometimes food if it is available. I sometimes dabble in trading, and luckily I profit off of it, and the proceeds I will use to buy steam games.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:36:21 PM

I just hope OP that you won't lose much more than you will gain from all of those investment of yours! I hope you realize that we are currently living in a very scammy investment wise Bitcoin ecosystem.

I hold my idle coins in the cold storage and I am perfectly happy about it! This is my long term investment and that's how I look at it!

Idle coins are not a burden in my wallet in my opinion. More over I do get happy on seeing the sum of my bitcoins sitting idly in my wallet almost everyday. By seeing my coins, I feel how rich I'm.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:39:49 PM

Well I see the wallet on my PC and delete it pointless to keep hold of them. So far deleted Kashmircoin Aurora Gorilla Einstenium Diem Stellar lost my account login when they changed the page and a few others. Maybe they will rise in price once I delete them.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:50:32 PM

Mostly I will not leave my wallet with idle coins, always having transactions (at least once a day). And some of my coins were earning me some interests (just dust) on poloniex  Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:39:34 PM

nothing, the last bad investment was on a known ponzi, which i discovered afterward, silly me....

now i don't care about any investments, they will sit there forever even if bitcoin will reach zero, it is as if i've lost those coins...

in reality i was tempted to invest in hashnest(not pacmic), but the long roi has put me off
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:48:49 PM

My idle coins are sitting at my cold storage for couple of month. I had some bed experience with cloudmining and investing too. There is a lot of scam everywhere.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:05:36 PM

My "idle" coins are locked up safely in a number of cold storage wallets, with multiple backups. That said, I would not brand them as "idle". For example, people keep gold bullion bars for long-term (10 years, 20 years, or even 50-years). But I have never heard any one describing the bullion as "idle". That is because they are protected against inflation. Same with Bitcoin as well.
apriyani420

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:13:36 PM

i save it for later because i believe that bitcoins price will grow a lot in the future so i dont spend it now at all

Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:06:20 PM

i personally just let them sit in my paper wallet. i heard about this site called magnr that pays u interest, but be carefull using it. dont put too much.
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:07:37 PM

I just let my coins sit in my wallet when I am not using them.  I have tried several things and all in all have been scammed by cloud mining, so I tend to stay away from things so I don't lose anymore coins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: