Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:40:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockZ - Bitcoin Block and Price Announcer [Overlay, Tray Icon]  (Read 10619 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Magnesium Coin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:53:12 PM

When is your next version launching? I hope you add a feature where I can change the color of texts and the white background according to my theme (which is also whitish) Smiley
LsHallo (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:01:44 PM

Very good ideas! Going to implement them right away. The Connection error is related to the blockexplorer api and not the programs fault. I will add a second api soon. But not sure which.

Hey mate,

Did you try Blockchain's or Blocktrail's api ? Maybe they are more stable ? Smiley

I'm going to use Blocktrails api, but only as a backup api because every user needs a blocktrail account and an api key. I cannot set one key for all users because it's limited to 300 requests per minute and more than 300 users would cause more errors, than it would solve. Maybe i add blockchain aswell because of the easier use, but it's also not so reliable like the blockexplorer one.
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

When is your next version launching? I hope you add a feature where I can change the color of texts and the white background according to my theme (which is also whitish) Smiley
This is a good idea. Maybe it's in the version after the next version. But the version might take some time... I have to rewrite the whole program in order to implement the feature, to save your settings. And i don't think you want to change the color on every program start... But now the program is not able to load the settings when it is starting, i have to change so many things, that it is easier to rewrite it completely... This may take some days.

I think i can launch the next version now Cheesy I added the draggable window feature and the custom delay and update times.

Update V1.4.2
Dropbox
Google Drive
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:34:45 PM

After a few days out i've taken i'm going to rewrite the program in the next days to finally add the save button. What do you think of adding a option to display the estimated next difficulty change? Beside that i'm going to add the color change option and the promised save button. And the optional backup api if the other one fails.
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 12:09:12 PM

Update V1.4.2
Dropbox
Google Drive

I have tested the latest version out and everything seems fine. Smiley Also, by making it draggable everywhere on desktop, it's advantageous to drag it down on the taskbar below. Wink Due to this context, can you make that clickable bar few pixels thicker?

After a few days out I've taken i'm going to rewrite the program in the next days to finally add the save button. What do you think of adding a option to display the estimated next difficulty change? Beside that i'm going to add the color change option and the promised save button. And the optional backup API if the other one fails.

Yes, it yould be great to add an option to display the estimated next difficulty change. BTW, what API did you use in V1.4.2? It seems it hasn't failed till now!
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:46:32 PM

Update V1.4.2
Dropbox
Google Drive

I have tested the latest version out and everything seems fine. Smiley Also, by making it draggable everywhere on desktop, it's advantageous to drag it down on the taskbar below. Wink Due to this context, can you make that clickable bar few pixels thicker?

After a few days out I've taken i'm going to rewrite the program in the next days to finally add the save button. What do you think of adding a option to display the estimated next difficulty change? Beside that i'm going to add the color change option and the promised save button. And the optional backup API if the other one fails.

Yes, it yould be great to add an option to display the estimated next difficulty change. BTW, what API did you use in V1.4.2? It seems it hasn't failed till now!

I'm using the same api as before, but the site is out of maintenance mode as it was some days that time... There it was unstable...

As i recode the whole thing i'm going to make the gui better and more user friendly. Custom text and window size. Nicer looking buttons. I found a nice tool for doing so. Because the native Java is hard to style without some kind of layout manager. But i have to see how this works out. I also will add way more options, and if the display of some options is disabled the api is disabled and not using your network if you don't need that option. The clickable bar is customizable in size and hovering color too, then.

Does anyone know where i can get the estimated next difficulty via an api? I was searching, but didn't find a suitable api.
Indianacoin

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 06:51:25 AM

Does anyone know where i can get the estimated next difficulty via an api? I was searching, but didn't find a suitable api.

You can use Blockexplorer's API to get the current status of Bitcoin Difficulty.

Code:
/api/status?q=xxx

Where "xxx" can be: getDifficulty

Moreover, you can replace "xxx" with the following on that same code to get these statuses:

Hope this helps. Smiley
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:22:18 AM

You can use Blockexplorer's API to get the current status of Bitcoin Difficulty.

Code:
/api/status?q=xxx

Where "xxx" can be: getDifficulty

Moreover, you can replace "xxx" with the following on that same code to get these statuses:

Hope this helps. Smiley
Yes i know, but how do i get the estimated next difficulty out of this. I think no one is interested of a live difficulty window when it's changing only once every 14 days. I think i need the estimated next difficulty via an api.
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:51:13 AM

Wow great work on this application, something I needed for the last few years!

If you would like some website hosting space to popup a website, I can sort you some out for free as I can see your project being very beneficial for the crypto community.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:02:33 AM

If you would like some website hosting space to popup a website, I can sort you some out for free as I can see your project being very beneficial for the crypto community.
Thank you for your statement.

I think this program is too unprofessional to get it's own website and i don't know what to put on it... Maybe i'll need some later but now i'm satisfied with this forum as a platform to show my work to you.
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:08:46 AM

I think this program is too unprofessional to get it's own website and i don't know what to put on it... Maybe i'll need some later but now i'm satisfied with this forum as a platform to show my work to you.

😀

Just thinking your site where you can detail updates, host your own download links, get feedback and show screenshots etc.

Many applications start off with a little text on their website and over time grow and constantly update it with thier progress, a lot of people like this as they can see the history of the app and how it has grown.

LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:31:42 AM

😀

Just thinking your site where you can detail updates, host your own download links, get feedback and show screenshots etc.

Many applications start off with a little text on their website and over time grow and constantly update it with thier progress, a lot of people like this as they can see the history of the app and how it has grown.
I may take your offer. I got an idea: On the website there is a html preview of the application and under that you cam download it. And on another page there are scrrenshots and more detailed descriptions. Maybe that'll work. But for now i'm focusing on getting the things and features working and making the application even better. Do you have any suggestions?
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:41:07 AM

I may take your offer. I got an idea: On the website there is a html preview of the application and under that you cam download it. And on another page there are scrrenshots and more detailed descriptions. Maybe that'll work. But for now i'm focusing on getting the things and features working and making the application even better. Do you have any suggestions?

Good idea! I'm not saying not to update this thread, just to have somewhere which is your own in case BCT goes down.

A HTML preview sounds good and screenshots always give people a good idea of what they are downloading.

As for the application do you have redundant setting to check another API should your main API be down? One of the projects I am currently working on is my own dedicated API hosted by myself to feed all my future apps (and my clients if they request) to give another option.

LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:15:42 AM

Good idea! I'm not saying not to update this thread, just to have somewhere which is your own in case BCT goes down.

A HTML preview sounds good and screenshots always give people a good idea of what they are downloading.

As for the application do you have redundant setting to check another API should your main API be down? One of the projects I am currently working on is my own dedicated API hosted by myself to feed all my future apps (and my clients if they request) to give another option.
No i don't have an redundant API right now, but it's planned. I was going to use the blocktrail API because it's as simple as the blockexplorer one, but the only disadvantage is, that everyone, who is going to use it as a backup needs a seperate api key from blocktrail, so he needs to create a wallet there... Maybe that's a bad idea... Is there any way you know to have one central server, that is getting the information from blocktrail with my api key and then spreading the information to all program users? Maybe a free solution with a server and php requests? I don't know what's important and the best way...
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 12:37:52 PM

No i don't have an redundant API right now, but it's planned. I was going to use the blocktrail API because it's as simple as the blockexplorer one, but the only disadvantage is, that everyone, who is going to use it as a backup needs a seperate api key from blocktrail, so he needs to create a wallet there... Maybe that's a bad idea... Is there any way you know to have one central server, that is getting the information from blocktrail with my api key and then spreading the information to all program users? Maybe a free solution with a server and php requests? I don't know what's important and the best way...

So a server to pull all the API data from one source or several and then your program using that server for its data? Not seen anything like this but this is what I am building (I'm building a group of them to include redundancy)

LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:05:18 PM

I'm recoding the whole program right now.
Do you have any furhter suggestions and improvements except for:
-Color change
-Size change
-Backup API
-Other exchange
-Save settings

What do you think about a mobile app, maybe a widget?
Indianacoin

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:22:49 PM

Do you have any further suggestions and improvements except for:
-Color change
-Size change
-Backup API
-Other exchange
-Save settings

Sorry for replying late! I think the whole project is nearly complete with everything a typical bitcoiner wants for! I have 2 further suggestions for you:

1. Try to integrate popular altcoins on the same program. Making different programs for them would be tedious to install every-time.

2. Yes! Making a mobile widget would be awesome and I will happily be it's beta tester. Smiley
Smith480

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:43:39 PM

This is very nice and fantistic topic. Thanks
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 09:45:57 PM

Do you have any furhter suggestions and improvements except for:
-Color change
-Size change
-Backup API
-Other exchange
-Save settings

A mobile app would be awesome !

LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:15:53 PM

I'm still working on it guys. Stay tuned. I'm taking more time this time because i want to inclued anything so i don't have to redo the code again. Current progress is about half the way done. I hope i can use the weekend to get some more progress.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: