Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:00:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people dump their Bitcoins ?  (Read 9758 times)
Djisamsoe

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:36:06 AM

people dump Bitcoins because they can't use it in their Country to buy whatever they need like in my case, I get paid in BTC for the signature campaign but after the payment, either I keep it or I sell it right away of I need money since I can't buy groceries for it.

Smiley Time for buying groceries will come.. maybe sooner than you think. Smiley
Now you can change BTC in any local Bitcoin Exchange and then transfer to your account. Transfer should to go no longer than from the bank account of your employer..

Looking forward for that actually but for now I have to deal with changing BTC to fiat so I can buy my daily needs like food and petrol for my scooter.

There are already places where you can pay for petrol with Bitcoin. It will be more and more popular. If you get paid in Bitcoin now, just hold and in future you will buy much more petrol than you can buy for that now Wink
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:41:55 AM

people dump Bitcoins because they can't use it in their Country to buy whatever they need like in my case, I get paid in BTC for the signature campaign but after the payment, either I keep it or I sell it right away of I need money since I can't buy groceries for it.

Thats why people dump their bitcoin, people have the ultimate control over their bitcoin, we cant forced them to hold their bitcoin, iam quite sure if bitcoin would be official currency and can buy everything its price would be stable
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:10:42 AM

In your opinion what are the reasons that let someone start dumping his bitcoins and walk away ? 
I personally (and this is just my opinion) that it's more panic then simply his need of money or something else , as we saw on the BitcoinXT last time , people started to panic and simply sold their bitcoins and that caused a drop in the price .
I think the people who dump their bitcoins at the start of a slump are the newbies, or they just panic as the understanding of the system is out of their reach due to less knowledge. They could alos be following the advice of someone who has lesser knowledge about how the price fluctuation works.
benjason2

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:26:45 AM

Could be so many different reasons, panic, scare etc
edward222

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:35:29 AM

Why people dump their Bitcoins ?

I guess they dont have any idea the value of it.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:38:29 AM

for smart people it's all about taking profits and trying to create panic sellers to sell their coins. others are just scared or simply don't know at what price to sell, so they sell anyway to reduce their loss.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 11:21:30 AM

many factors that make them dump bitcoin, like a panic, needs or they are already sufficiently benefit Smiley

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:17:07 PM

I can think of a bunch of reasons why people would dumb their bitcoins.

For one I think people tend to panic real quick when they see the bitcoin decreasing in value.

Second, they could be dumping it 'cause they can't use it whereever they live

Third they don't know what to do with it and it's just sitting there

As of now bitcoins aren't accepted everywhere yet like shops and stores, unless you buy stuff online, I would like to see this happen in the near future and can't wait for that day to come  Wink
Djisamsoe

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:29:45 PM

One thing about the places in which we can pay Bitcoin. I suppose that shortly before Christmas will be a slight decrease in prices due to this that there still is not enough places where we can pay in BTC. Always in December we need more money for gifts and this may be the reason to dump.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:29:15 PM

I think because they are in panic especially when the price is going down. They just dump it without thinking that the price will rise soon.
HarryKPeters

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 11:34:45 PM

I think because they are in panic especially when the price is going down. They just dump it without thinking that the price will rise soon.

The first time i panic selled i lost 20% of my investment. The second time, never happened..

Every currency has weak hands. People panic sell if they lose trust. Impulsive decision always lose compared to overthough decisions.

In my opinion, daytraders 'need' the weak hands to make profit. Without weak hands, how would they earn a living right?

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:41:37 AM

People tend to panic when the value's are dropping. They might sell it and buy some back again when they feel the timing is right

this is in general if they bought let say 10 btc and price suddenly goes down yes they will sell just to try to save some money but this is wrong keep it price will go up eventually

Yeah you are right, think is kinda handy if let say I have 1 BTC than I will still have it. Because now 1 BTC = $300+ is still alot of money so yeah.

That's why Patience really matters if you are going to do a dumping matters. This kind of investment is a long term and really needs patience. Yes really stressful but can gave you a nice kick.

patience is the key in this i must say
who waits make profit who want in quick to earn they will loose
its always like this

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Ulloa

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:28:22 AM

I don't know why people dump ther Bitcoins.

That is not smart better wait when BTC goes up.

But I think they dump it, because they bought it and they don't know how to use it.
Piltover

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:01:15 AM

I never knew that people tere Bitcoin :/ that is not smart.

But I think they dump it because it goes low. But I would like to wait when goes up.

Because u never know.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:26:09 AM

There are people who bought bitcoins at low prices, and now are selling its normal, some of them thought that price will go down and if it goes down they will return to bitcoin.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:32:51 AM

There are people who bought bitcoins at low prices, and now are selling its normal, some of them thought that price will go down and if it goes down they will return to bitcoin.

Correct. Even if it goes back to 1k, i got pleny of altcoins and cloudmining i can sell to profit.

For now most of us want to take profit, and buy back when it goes lower.

waiting for day where everbody holds to upgrade the price, will never happen.. never if there are so many parties.
HarryKPeters

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:43:59 AM

Bitcoin is more a trading asset then a currency this moment. Meaning the usage, the purpose offcourse is different.

Give it a few years, bitcoin will mature and it increases will not be followed up by such decreases...

futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:48:24 AM

Don't think selling nothing but only a panic is the reason because many traders might have brought at lower level prices so they know that these prices may go down some more that's why to make profits out of that they will sell and buy back again when prices to some more down. This is purely a trading strategy so most common people may sell in panic but traders will take that advantage.
Djisamsoe

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:01:58 PM

Don't think selling nothing but only a panic is the reason because many traders might have brought at lower level prices so they know that these prices may go down some more that's why to make profits out of that they will sell and buy back again when prices to some more down. This is purely a trading strategy so most common people may sell in panic but traders will take that advantage.

This usually occurs due to the operation of the market .. People are afraid to drop prices. But no one said anything about the most obvious thing - People just need the money!  Grin
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:09:30 PM

I think the reasons are :

1.Bought low sell high
2.Knew the price was going to drop
3.Had enough of Bitcoins rollercoaster price and made a quick exit
4. Needed the cash