Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:47:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people dump their Bitcoins ?  (Read 9758 times)
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

There are plenty of reasons that they do that

Some just need money

Some think it's dead forever

Some get bored of it's volatility and want to encash after seeing the big price difference

Some think it's better to invest in a regular business after earning so much

There are plenty of reasons but at the end of the day it's their decision, but am sure they regret it when the price hits high .

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:30:58 PM

Actually people do not intend to dump their bitcoin, I'm sure the main factor that makes them sell bitcoin because of the many negative news about bitcoin, for example a few ago that said that all countries agreed to bitcoin banned, it turns out it is false news but it has a big impact for users.
It's usually done by people who want to take a chance in the dumping incident. They will buy bitcoin in large quantities and then when the price increases then they will sell it. That is a strategy, but for me it is an unfair act because it is very harmful to many people. This is something that requires a lot of money, but I make sure that people who do dumps are usually a group and made up of several people. Dumpmakers need huge funds and that is why dumps are sometimes needed.
JackdunR

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:23:21 PM

In recent times, the market has fallen sharply. A few days ago, the price of BTC rose again, when the high price of BTC was the time when some investors sold the BTC to take profits. They bought the BTC at a low price, when the BTC was priced at $ 6000. now $ 9000. So they decided to sell their BTC to the market.
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:29:17 PM

In your opinion what are the reasons that let someone start dumping his bitcoins and walk away ? 
I personally (and this is just my opinion) that it's more panic then simply his need of money or something else , as we saw on the BitcoinXT last time , people started to panic and simply sold their bitcoins and that caused a drop in the price .

I think the reasons why they are dumping their bitcoins is they are losing hope because they are just a new comers here so they do not really know how the bitcoins works and behaviors are so they do not know that the bitcoins will rise again before the year ends. And maybe some of them have an emergency and they really needed that money so they are gonna cash it out even if the price falls becwuse they have no choice.
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 01:30:26 PM

Actually people do not intend to dump their bitcoin, I'm sure the main factor that makes them sell bitcoin because of the many negative news about bitcoin, for example a few ago that said that all countries agreed to bitcoin banned, it turns out it is false news but it has a big impact for users.
It's usually done by people who want to take a chance in the dumping incident. They will buy bitcoin in large quantities and then when the price increases then they will sell it. That is a strategy, but for me it is an unfair act because it is very harmful to many people. This is something that requires a lot of money, but I make sure that people who do dumps are usually a group and made up of several people. Dumpmakers need huge funds and that is why dumps are sometimes needed.
Yes I agree with you that it is unfair action, but this is always happening also in crypto world, dumping that they do is to take advantage of the panic trader and most traders who panic are traders with small capital and people who new in crypto world, because they only see Bitcoin from the price can't see the history and value of Bitcoin.
Btcwashu

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:51:09 PM

Yes I agree with you that it is unfair action, but this is always happening also in crypto world, dumping that they do is to take advantage of the panic trader and most traders who panic are traders with small capital and people who new in crypto world, because they only see Bitcoin from the price can't see the history and value of Bitcoin.

Yes it is, they are dumping their bitcoin because of what happen with the bitcoin price now is too low and they are afraid that bitcoin are going to crash. They think that their investment goes nothing and thats why some people are now selling their bitcoin in a low price. One of the main reason why they are selling their bitcoin because of the FUD and the negative issues coming from the social media and now people who are lack of belief in the bitcoin will do panic selling.
Nichao

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:58:02 PM

imho it's much more simple:
1) he needs money - no comments
2) he is afraid/wants that the price will go down
3) he wants to invest in something else.
No more reasons Smiley
Boldcom

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:06:21 PM

In your opinion what are the reasons that let someone start dumping his bitcoins and walk away ? 
I personally (and this is just my opinion) that it's more panic then simply his need of money or something else , as we saw on the BitcoinXT last time , people started to panic and simply sold their bitcoins and that caused a drop in the price .

people dumping their bitcoins, it’s not our problem. it is their decision. at the end of the day, whether they profit or not, it’s their money. likewise, whatever our decision is, it’s our choice. not theirs’.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 02:15:46 PM

I theorized that these people who are dumping their bitcoins are actually selling their bitcoins at a better price. No one would ever love to dump their huge amount of bitcoin because they panic. It can also be that these people lose interest and that they sell their bitcoin because they wanted to buy another alt coins.

DogmaF10

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:19:58 PM

You asked this question in 2015.. now it is 2018, I dont think your question will be relateable anymore right now.. why on the earth in 2018 people will dump their bitcoin??  Cheesy Cheesy
The trend is still positive now, it will stay like this for upcoming months i think.. Those who dumped their bitcoin in 2015, must be feel so sorry right now
eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:24:22 PM

I think that panic is not related to dumping Bitcoins. I think that people expect price will go down from price where they sell, so they can buy more Bitcoins for lower price. It is all about speculation in my opinion. Today is speculation that Bitcoin price will go down so we have -3,31% daily price change.

BTC
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:33:37 PM

Maybe the person wants to switch to a new coin and needs the funds so dump bitcoin in order to buy a new coins. The result certainly makes bitcoin price to be cheap but there is a rising other coin price that may occur for that reason.
Well I don’t think so that any of bitcoin user would like to sell bitcoin for any other coin, as everyone knows who good and profit worthy bitcoin is, for me it is all about patience, if they will deal with bitcoin with patience they will not find anything else better than bitcoin, so according to me they sell to reach their daily life needs which is not a good choice for wise and good investors.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:51:39 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2018, 07:24:42 PM by xvids

My only reason why I sell it is because I need some Fiat for my expenses,
But as long as I really don't need some Fiat then I would continue to hold it ,
I think it could go up again and maybe it would make another ATH price .
There are also some people who sell their Bitcoin to buy something that they want or they need.

denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:56:47 PM

It depends when the person entered the market, meaning what were the Bitcoins worth at the time of purchase. If the initial investment was when BTC was $1000 and he sells them now for $9000+ its not really a dump as he is making a huge profit from the sale. It would be considered a dump in the eyes of investors who bought at 9000 or even more at $19.000 back in December. 
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:57:36 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 02:10:10 PM by dynospytan

here are different categories of people, some people (like me) use it just as a currency, I buy it, spend it then buy again, the price of it rarely bothers me, since it's pretty stable for sometime now with minor ups and downs. Then there are people who buy it as an investment and to answer your question, they dump it because maybe they made their profit and will buy again when the price drops or they lost some money and they don't think it's safe to keep on holding them anymore but for whatever reason someone dumps bitcoin it's really up to them what they do with their own money and I say let's not judge them and call them names, time will tell if they were losers or winners.
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 3306

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 08:12:08 PM

Why do people dump their bitcoin? Like in any other market either they panic or sell off to lock in their profits..especially traders who are not interested in buying and hodling onto bitcoin.

There is also the fear of losing money especially when buying at a higher price and the price of bitcoin plummets.

I used to fall in that category. Now i just buy and hodl regardless of what the price of bitcoin is. I am in for the long term of bitcoin and am not affected by the constant price swings the market sees on a daily basis

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
s.mahmood

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 04:57:41 PM

I am 100% agree with all replies but I think the main reson to dump coins is panic.
freshbcash

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:31:06 PM

You all say it right, it's just a panic of people who do not know how to correctly trade in the crypto-currency market.
bib24

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:09:56 PM

People with low risk tolerance usually dump their coins easily when the price drop.

Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:30:06 PM

Lips sealed

I think they do that because they fear that they would lose their investment. Most people sell off their Bitcoin because of panic, especially when the market is not doing good. And usually, they regret that because only after a couple of months, Bitcoin tends to get back up and regain its lost value that those people who were not patient enough surely would regret their move. However, I can't judge them because it's just so hard to see your investment go down 50% than what you bought it for. Not very many can stay patient in the face of that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: