Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:04:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello and Some Questions  (Read 1359 times)
CipherPelf (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:03:52 PM

How does one earn hundreds of bitcoins? I saw the live blockchain transactions and see up to thousands and hundreds being moved. And why aren't these people high profile millionaires yet?lol

Also how does one earn them free?

And lastly why has the value of bitcoin dropped since it's thousand dollar peak in 2014 and just stood stuck in the 200's USD price range ever since? thanks, i'll read the replies once I wake up.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 03:37:05 PM

Great questions!

Earning  hundreds? How does one earn hundreds of Euros or Dollars?  Work! Most people work their job, get paid in their local fiat currency and then buy bitcoin with it. Others create a business to generate income in bitcoin (i.e., like a BTC based gambling site, currency exchange (Bit-x) or options exchange, etc.)

How does one earn them free? One doesn't earn them for free - there's always a cost. In most cases it's time. People give up their time and effort at work and  get paid for it. The same applies to bitcoin, bitcoin is just a different currency. So people using faucets spend their time clicking on the "roll" buttons (and watch ads). People using signature campaigns spend their time making posts to advertise their employer's company.

Why has the value of bitcoin dropped? In the most simple terms, there are more sellers of bitcoin then buyers of bitcoin. It's a simply supply vs. demand relationship. The reasons for the selling can be speculated and debated. There's no single reason.

I hope this helps...

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 05:16:37 PM

You shouldn't see Bitcoin differently than your local currency.

You cannot earn them for free, people work or trade valuable things for them.

As for the volatility, you can witness the same phenomenon in stocks/commodities/other currencies.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 05:16:45 PM

hello

start here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhe61JaNFLU

CipherPelf (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:00:06 PM

Thank you all for your descriptive insight. I am pleased and looking forward unto buying 1 BTC this weekend! Any way to double this amount? thanks
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 07:49:12 PM

Thank you all for your descriptive insight. I am pleased and looking forward unto buying 1 BTC this weekend! Any way to double this amount? thanks

Leverage trading at okcoin is a good way to double your bitcoin. It is also a good way to lose all of it. 
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:44:46 PM

Actually there's a lot of ways to double your BTC but those ways do have risks just like investing and gambling. Still, I guess there are ways that less risky or maybe no risk but right now I don't have any idea what are those. The only way I try to do and hoping to double my btc is gambling Grin It's not recommended though.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:17:27 PM

Well I am not trying to sound bad, but you will double your 1 Bitcoin the same way as you would double $100 out there in the real world.

Some examples, not that I advise you to use any of them. Trading, gambling, investing into alts, etc..
The best way would probably be to work for real money and then buy another 1 BTC soon!

Good luck!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 09:23:21 PM

And why aren't these people high profile millionaires yet?lol

Everyone is holding onto them, believing their value will skyrocket.   Not me, I sold most of mine when bitcoin was falling from $1,200 and built my dream house.  I had 2.6 bitcoins left to my name.

Then I was hacked, and someone stole 2btc from my wallet, leaving me 0.6btc.  The reason they left the 0.6btc has left me puzzled ever since.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 09:44:43 PM

Hold, baby hodl!

Or continue to buy more until you've created enough demand that it doubles the price.

Oh...wait...I just thought of another idea, gambling. You could double your money by gambling...or you could lose it all.

Remember, bitcoin is really no different then any other currency. As soon as you stop thinking about it being some make believe "game/internet money" you'll realize how you can use it.

Athertle

Activity: 252

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 09:49:52 PM

Hold, baby hodl!

And that is the best investment you can ever do with bitcoin. I have to make a QS reference here; his avatar sums it up. Smiley

Oh...wait...I just thought of another idea, gambling. You could double your money by gambling...or you could lose it all.

I hope that was sarcasm...? The house edge will always have the final word so gambling is a sure way to donate to the website. Smiley

Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:57:05 PM

Yeah bud, try trading Bitcoin options, you could double your money real fast!

See my signature link to Coinut, the best (maybe only) Bitcoin options trading firm. They're easy to use...easy to fund...easy to trade. Come back here and let us know how you did!

CipherPelf (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 05:41:53 AM

Everyone is holding onto them, believing their value will skyrocket.   Not me, I sold most of mine when bitcoin was falling from $1,200 and built my dream house.  I had 2.6 bitcoins left to my name.

Then I was hacked, and someone stole 2btc from my wallet, leaving me 0.6btc.  The reason they left the 0.6btc has left me puzzled ever since.   Undecided

Well that sucks Cry Also what is what I am afraid of. Any precautions and warning signs to heed?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:34:48 AM

Everyone is holding onto them, believing their value will skyrocket.   Not me, I sold most of mine when bitcoin was falling from $1,200 and built my dream house.  I had 2.6 bitcoins left to my name.

Then I was hacked, and someone stole 2btc from my wallet, leaving me 0.6btc.  The reason they left the 0.6btc has left me puzzled ever since.   Undecided

Well that sucks Cry Also what is what I am afraid of. Any precautions and warning signs to heed?

use only local wallet on a fairly dedicated computer to it, nothing else is needed, and those millionare are probably waiting for a bigger ath than the last one, when you're greedy you will be even more greedy
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:42:34 AM

Great questions!

Earning  hundreds? How does one earn hundreds of Euros or Dollars?  Work! Most people work their job, get paid in their local fiat currency and then buy bitcoin with it. Others create a business to generate income in bitcoin (i.e., like a BTC based gambling site, currency exchange (Bit-x) or options exchange, etc.)

How does one earn them free? One doesn't earn them for free - there's always a cost. In most cases it's time. People give up their time and effort at work and  get paid for it. The same applies to bitcoin, bitcoin is just a different currency. So people using faucets spend their time clicking on the "roll" buttons (and watch ads). People using signature campaigns spend their time making posts to advertise their employer's company.

Why has the value of bitcoin dropped? In the most simple terms, there are more sellers of bitcoin then buyers of bitcoin. It's a simply supply vs. demand relationship. The reasons for the selling can be speculated and debated. There's no single reason.

I hope this helps...
touche, i wouldn't explain it better
also to add from myself, don't believe in any get rich fast schemes or in any ways of earning bitcoins fast. things like that doesnt exist
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 03:57:28 PM

I got hacked because I clicked on an obvious trojan executable.  I'd had a few drinks and was thinking I could help the community by determining if it was an actual virus or not.  I could not, and it was.   Undecided

Learn from my mistake with simple advice - don't ever run executables that you don't trust 100%.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:19:36 PM

Most of them are from exchanges or gambling websites' hot wallets. Most solo miners who earned hundreds or even thousands of bitcoins were from 2009-2011, mining mostly out of some cloud servers' CPUs. Smiley

CipherPelf (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:19:02 PM

Most of them are from exchanges or gambling websites' hot wallets. Most solo miners who earned hundreds or even thousands of bitcoins were from 2009-2011, mining mostly out of some cloud servers' CPUs. Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/a6ESLRz.jpg

All that bitcoin though, lol.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:00:22 PM

- snip -
I got hacked because I clicked on an obvious trojan executable.  I'd had a few drinks and
- snip -
Learn from my mistake with simple advice - don't ever run executables that you don't trust 100%.

Also, don't touch any device that can access your bitcoins if you've "had a few drinks" (or are extremely sleep-deprived, or are under the influence of any mind altering substances).
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 01:03:19 AM

I got hacked because I clicked on an obvious trojan executable.  I'd had a few drinks and was thinking I could help the community by determining if it was an actual virus or not.  I could not, and it was.   Undecided

You did help the community, you did find out it was a virus...what am I missing?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: