Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:41:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★ PandaCoin [PND] ★★★ New devs, old community ★ 100,000 PND burned every day  (Read 42705 times)
PhiPhi

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

✯Empowering the Influencer Economy✯

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:03:23 PM

What this means for anybody wanting to resurrect and invest PND is the Sword of Damocles hanging over their head if any one of those top 60 accounts is redeemed on the market guess what's going to happen?  

Nobody is going to dump their PND if it is resurrected. Everybody who wants to dump PND is already selling at Yobit at 1 satoshi, and it's only 0.6BTC

Everybody else is expecting PND to go up, I am too, and I think before 2016 we will see some big price increases Cheesy

Yes sure and you'll be holding all and staking all that PND you're stacking away.

Well nice to see you priming your little investment group over on the BURST thread.

Ok folks I`m back from my holiday, it was pretty good, I went skiing in the mountains in the past days.
<.....SNIP>
I will add more bitcoins soon from the altcoin trading wallet, it seems like PND will finally move out from the 1 satoshi price and we can make good profits by trading that.
<.....SNIP>

That's the problem PND will keep in this cycle of pump & dump until it's useful which means price comes from real value (utility). I for one am not paying for your next skiing holiday.

Pelgoran98

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

It'd be nice.

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:39:15 PM

Someone keeps posting their sell order into the book from time to time (roughly 60+mil i think) making the 1 sat wall over 1.2BTC. It is not the biggest wall but still it increases the amount required to 2 a lot. I have some PND that i am holding but it is really hard to see it going above 1 sat on the sell wall, at least not before we get to the "new coin" swap.

In Jan 2015 there were about 25 accounts with individual balances over 250,000 million PND (top one over 1,000,000,000 PND) and represented over 30% of all PND. Out of 12,500 wallets holding a balance 1 PND or greater, the top 60 accounts represented over 50% of all PND.  The actual numbers of individuals holding the top accounts is less 60 as some owners appear to have had multiple accounts.  Distribution was/is a big problem and no one knows who owns these coins, this ratio would carry forward to any supply contraction.

What this means for anybody wanting to resurrect and invest PND is the Sword of Damocles hanging over their head if any one of those top 60 accounts is redeemed on the market guess what's going to happen?  All of this was agreed at the last meltdown autopsy but I don't see anything being done to address this in the new plans, deflating the number of coins on it's own will not fix this.

BTW who is the new dev team or are we just going to have to take it on trust again?  PandacoinPND used to have IMHO one of the best communities of all the alt-crypto's barring the devs and pumpers who derailed the whole show.  There was a sense of the bigger picture besides just trying to make a profit, if that is what you're genuinely trying to resurrect then do a full reset and start from the beginning but retain the brand.  Make deals with online suppliers, think of smart new paths to distribution, raise capital, reward useful community members, assemble all the elements you need to relaunch a brand. It's a lot of hard work but better than just feeding your time, money and effort to the 0.004%.  Remember this is what you're up against.

Anyway Seasons Greetings to all of you.

So right on the mark. Great to hear from you PhiPhi. You are completely the voice of reason, otherwise, it's "here we go again. Getting scammed straight to hell."
PhiPhi

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:38:20 AM

So right on the mark. Great to hear from you PhiPhi. You are completely the voice of reason, otherwise, it's "here we go again. Getting scammed straight to hell."

Great to see you here too mate! Grin

I hope the new dev team are on the level but with all those billions of coins out there with (most of them in a few hands) they should leave PND to rest in peace and focus on PND 2.0 otherwise as you rightly say "here we go again".

BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 06:30:48 AM

That's the problem PND will keep in this cycle of pump & dump until it's useful which means price comes from real value (utility). I for one am not paying for your next skiing holiday.

I didnt said I will dump PND completely, I already explained that I will hold it longterm and cash out slowly after the price hits higher targets.

I target at least 10-15 satoshi and even then cash out at 10-15% chunks. Many people want to cashout at 2 satoshi, so we should convince them instead to hold until at least 10 satoshi.
PhiPhi

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:47:28 PM

I didnt said I will dump PND completely, I already explained that I will hold it longterm and cash out slowly after the price hits higher targets.

I target at least 10-15 satoshi and even then cash out at 10-15% chunks. Many people want to cashout at 2 satoshi, so we should convince them instead to hold until at least 10 satoshi.

The last collapse caught some of the dumpers off guard so they have a ton of worthless PND to get rid of at any price additionally there are billions yes billions of PND in a very small proportion of wallets which have a high chance of belonging to the old dev team insiders.

So you target 10-15 satoshi, care to explain apart from an egregious pump what market fundamentals are going to drive the price up and keep it up?  The idea of a coin swap for a new coin isn't going to fly because once again the bad distribution and dumpster big holders are not to be trusted and they will have significant amounts of the new coin.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not that financially savvy about markets, I might easily of missed some reason why anybody should touch this rotting corpse that was once our beautiful PandaCoin PND so please feel free to enlighten me. 

BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:51:52 PM

The last collapse caught some of the dumpers off guard so they have a ton of worthless PND to get rid of at any price additionally there are billions yes billions of PND in a very small proportion of wallets which have a high chance of belonging to the old dev team insiders.

So you target 10-15 satoshi, care to explain apart from an egregious pump what market fundamentals are going to drive the price up and keep it up?  The idea of a coin swap for a new coin isn't going to fly because once again the bad distribution and dumpster big holders are not to be trusted and they will have significant amounts of the new coin.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not that financially savvy about markets, I might easily of missed some reason why anybody should touch this rotting corpse that was once our beautiful PandaCoin PND so please feel free to enlighten me. 

Demand drives price up. I think with a new spirit and attitude after the swap begins and the dev proceeds with the developments, we will see a renewing of this coin and the price can easily go up.

The 10 satoshi for me is the minimum, it can go up much higher, many other altcoins went from 10 satoshi to 400 overnight, it just needs the demand thats all.
dream7000

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:03:20 PM

From what I have for now watched from the dev team did not expect much. It takes very little work on the PND, rather than creating a new coin for which there is no need. Creating a new wallet, ios support would bring much more than this plan that you have presented so far.

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:05:27 PM

Demand drives price up. I think with a new spirit and attitude after the swap begins and the dev proceeds with the developments, we will see a renewing of this coin and the price can easily go up.

The 10 satoshi for me is the minimum, it can go up much higher, many other altcoins went from 10 satoshi to 400 overnight, it just needs the demand thats all.

Demand can drive prices higher, but problems are this , there are too many that have too many Panda coins that keep dumping.
A current example , place a buy for Pandacoin on Bleutrade for 35 Litoshi , and no matter how much litecoins you put up, someone dumps and wipes out the buy wall there and that's at 35 litoshi. Got like 12 million Panda , before I ran out of LTC.
Plus another issue which should be looked at , the Panda coin minimum stake age is only 72 hours, so some guy has a billion panda and he can earn more interest every 72 hours , so of course he can dump at will. This also allows him to block out other stakers as there are only so many stakes per day.

A Proper Burn is fine , still personally think a reverse split is a better idea.
But the minimum stake age should also be made much higher so the poor are able to earn some staking interest.
Like 15 to 30 days for minimum stake age would be better.

Just my now 12 mil Panda cents.

Cool
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:18:34 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2015, 05:30:44 PM by Pelgoran98

Too many hypotheticals here. You think we can influence the whales to do just what we want by trying to be reasonable? PhiPhi's stats have pretty much exposed the threat and difficulty we are up against. That's a lotta food for thought if you want to make this work somehow. This whole enterprise, just like any other involving money, alt coins and speculation runs on one fuel only: greed. Just hoping or assuming anything different just won't fly. Nobody here knows who anybody really is. What would make you think the old dev's and scammers have left and aren't just manipulating everything again? All you ever hear from the New Development Team is the same old line: "We're new. We're working hard. We won't close any threads...." So what? It's all opaque. Developers and Leaders, unmask yourselves! Let's see some bios. Let's see some references. Otherwise, why try a new coin, a split coin, or "whatever coin" in the dark? You need to grow some heavy duty credibility of which I see none.

I wrote this line back when things were good and very promising. It's found its way to this forum: "Ask not what your coin & developers can do for you. Ask what you can do for your coin & developers." - Pelgoran98 ~ I'm honored that it's still being used. But, in light of all that has transpired since I first wrote that, I have to take a different view of things, which seems quite obvious. I'd love to have that rosy outlook return when it is warranted.
jommy99

Activity: 575

PND DevTeam

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 07:10:31 PM

I continue to be a Pandacoin believer myself, and continue to accumulate more PND slowly while trying to help. I try to give away my stake interest various ways to introduce new people to crypto and or Pandacoin slowly.  I find it fun to keep an eye on Pandacoin here https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pnd/#network-geo-tab  watching new countries slowly being added to the list of PandaBanks and wallets active on the Pandacoin network as well as our current distribution https://chainz.cryptoid.info/explorer/bubble.dws?coin=pnd

Nice seeing some that have not been around in a while touching base and helping brainstorm Wink

♝ Pandacoin    ♝ Earn Pandacoin ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Seeking Dev Team Help ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Android Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 07:17:01 PM

I continue to be a Pandacoin believer myself, and continue to accumulate more PND slowly while trying to help. I try to give away my stake interest various ways to introduce new people to crypto and or Pandacoin slowly.  I find it fun to keep an eye on Pandacoin here https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pnd/#network-geo-tab  watching new countries slowly being added to the list of PandaBanks and wallets active on the Pandacoin network as well as our current distribution https://chainz.cryptoid.info/explorer/bubble.dws?coin=pnd

Nice seeing some that have not been around in a while touching base and helping brainstorm Wink

Well you, Jommy99 and PhiPhi, are two of the most trusted PND'ers I recall. If I've left anyone out, please forgive me. But you TWO really stand out as people I can and will believe in.
PhiPhi

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:22:44 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 04:08:43 AM by PhiPhi

Yes of course demand can be a driver of price but what is driving the demand, we had spirit and attitude by the bucket load but that didn't help.  How do swaps, help the sheer weight of some of these toxic wallets that will just crush the small investor or enthusiast?

To paraphase Adam Smith:
 Facts are the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition.

So let's deal with the facts plenty of time to deal with 'spirit and attitude' after the real problems are addressed.

Edited for punctuation and spelling.

PhiPhi

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:18:04 PM

Jommy99 thanks for the updated block chain links, not much has changes at the top addresses though  Angry.  I think you must be the most steadfast Panda I have ever had the pleasure to meet (in the virtual sense) and I admire you for that sir.

To be honest I wish somebody would just launch a clean start PND 2.0 with parallel POS/POW so we could get back to the fun we used to have with the PND community. I actually met up with donacid in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago it was a blast  Wink

I think many of us are still Pandacoin believers including myself but for me I suspect it is a reincarnated Pandacoin on a higher plane.

Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:47:41 PM

Jommy99 thanks for the updated block chain links, not much has changes at the top addresses though  Angry.  I think you must be the most steadfast Panda I have ever had the pleasure to meet (in the virtual sense) and I admire you for that sir.

To be honest I wish somebody would just launch a clean start PND 2.0 with parallel POS/POW so we could get back to the fun we used to have with the PND community. I actually met up with donacid in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago it was a blast  Wink

I think many of us are still Pandacoin believers including myself but for me I suspect it is a reincarnated Pandacoin on a higher plane.

Facts are the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition. Thanks for that, PhiPhi. Donacid, he was a keeper, too. You have hit the nail on the head yet again, PhiPhi, with your post. If we want another shot, it has to be a CLEAN shot and no bullshit behind a curtain like The Wizard of Oz, so we don't get cornholed yet again. No thank YOU. Been there done that. We must do it right, or FUCKING NOT AT ALL.
cat2

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:33:45 PM

I'm a PandaCoin believer as well. I have always liked the look and feel of the wallet and the old website. I got started mining panda on the old website or had the illusion of mining panda. I hope the new panda retains the look and feel of the old. I like cute animals. I like the 72 hours until it starts staking and the daily payouts from staking. It makes me feel good to have the PandaCoins arrive in my wallet a few times every day. I hope any new strategy doesn't make the wait too long. It would be nice if the new coin was POS and POW. Why not make everybody happy. Multiple asic resistant algos and a screensaver miner would be great for new users and old users like me. I like mining bytecoin on minergate as an example of an easy cpu minable coin that I enjoy accumulating. A screensaver miner that only mined when my computer wasn't in use would be better. I have to start and stop the minergate software constantly to keep my computer running smoothly. A wallet that would automatically back up the wallet.dat file with user defined from, to, frequency and start time would be convenient too. Looking forward to panda 2.0.

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
cat2

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:06:23 PM

A wallet with a crypto coin and stock ticker might give people a reason to keep their wallet open and staking. A tab displaying list of a users holdings with user definable sites to get quotes from would be cool.  This list could drive what is on the ticker. Dare I say it? Ads in the ticker to help support the devs? Count my crypto site is an example of something close to this. If a user could disable display of ticker, why would anyone object.

A tab with stats like where your wallet ranks overall. Any encouragement for people to buy PND and try to be in the top 100? Perhaps reward the top 100 with a new coin (baby pandas) that can only be obtained in this manner.  Undecided

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
cat2

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:34:01 PM

A wallet with a gambling tab would be fun. Panda dice between wallets with user defined settings for how many rolls, stop if gain/loss greater than, etc. with small percentage for devs.
A decentralized exchange built into the wallet would be cool. Display offers for exchange with amount and other coins address?

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
PhiPhi

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 09:41:46 AM

@cat2 All very good ideas, I like them.  Grin

Maybe you could list them all out and post on the new coin's Pre-ANN thread here?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256741.0

edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

What could actually be a nice thing to promote would be a Panda gambling site. Lets say it has like Dice, BJ and maybe a few other games. The kicker would be that the Bankroll is owned either by the dev team or made by a community donation.
The bankroll would never be touched (meaning noone could withdraw from it unless you win from the site). So if the player looses it would stay there till someone wins. This means an estimated 1-2% of the wagered would effectively be "burned". It would in theory help to reduce the coins in circulation a bit. Maybe not even let it stake to further decrease the coins added by year ?
HE could be a bit over the 1% we got as standard now, maybe 2% ? Maybe add some other perks to it also to increase player amount.

Just an idea, not sure what people would think bout it.
cat2

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:53:10 PM

I know guys that cant resist a coin flip. During the holidays company gives out 25 USD gift cards for local market and several guys start flipping coins for cards. Dice, roulette wheel, coin flip. All could get people buying panda to play and get panda moving.

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: