Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:24:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have any plans if Bitcoin goes up to 300$?  (Read 2493 times)
maokoto (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 10:40:04 PM

Would you sell? Would you buy more? Depends on the speed it gets to that price?

Personally I doubt if I would convert them to cash or hold. What would you do and why?

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:50:46 PM

I think that time will pass 300$ and goes to 400$ and will stay stable at that leve,.Maybe wishful thinking,but finally btc will pass 300$ level

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:53:33 PM

Personally I doubt if I would convert them to cash or hold. What would you do and why?

I will continue to buy bitcoins at a consistent rate until the market is at my disposal. I don't see any point in selling them, unless it goes to 5x your initial buy-in at least, and then only selling >50% of your BTC if you need to.
mercistheman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:54:30 PM

Definitely worth waiting out the Gemini impact.
Personally don't plan on selling until it hits $15,000... even then it would have to be a downward trend.
Scarcity is our friend.
TheGr33k

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:57:33 PM

Personally don't plan on selling until it hits $15,000... even then it would have to be a downward trend.
Scarcity is our friend.

This is exactly my thoughts as well, I don't think Gemini will have a tremendous impact. However I am in agreement with everything you said !
Limited number of bitcoins, increasing amount of users and increasing value per bitcoin all scream "get as many as you can now"
christycalhoun

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:28:19 PM

$300 is not a big milestone to me. I still held bitcoins when they shot up to over $1000.

Athertle

Activity: 252

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 11:42:46 PM

Scarcity is our friend.

You'd better sit tight and wait for quite a long time then. I'm not being a pessimist (but rather being a realist), but bitcoin probably won't go that sky high for quite a few years. Who knows, bitcoin might have even been replaced by some other, overall "better" cryptocurrency before then.

As for the OP, who cares if bitcoin price rises by ~$50? There's plenty more room to improve. Smiley

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:43:41 PM

No, I have no plans to do anything should BTC reach $300.

My guess is that given enough time, BTC will go very high (way over the +/- $1300 highs).  It might take time though, perhaps 1 - 2 years.  And $5000 is not out of the question.

For me, the Big Question is:

Will Bitcoin or gold reach $55,000 first?
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:54:37 PM

It's so funny to have read so many "Is bitcoin dead" threads on here for the past month or two, and now people are speculating that bitcoin will for sure pass the $5,000 mark... I mean, yeah I'm planning on bitcoin to go back past $300-$400 for the time being... but gemini is only one exchange that is going to be mainly used in the U.S. ... I think some of you guys are putting way too much hype on this exchange site to take bitcoin to the moon again.

TheGr33k

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:56:37 PM

It's so funny to have read so many "Is bitcoin dead" threads on here for the past month or two, and now people are speculating that bitcoin will for sure pass the $5,000 mark... I mean, yeah I'm planning on bitcoin to go back past $300-$400 for the time being... but gemini is only one exchange that is going to be mainly used in the U.S. ... I think some of you guys are putting way too much hype on this exchange site to take bitcoin to the moon again.

Definitely over-hyped about the new U.S. exchange, but what can you expect from pompous U.S. investor-types who are just entering BTC about a year-ago. They lack to see the consistent growth and are only interested in the short-spurts of energy that publicity is bringing to bitcoin.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:57:56 PM

Well it depends. If bitcoins has reached up to $300 and if there is an assurance that the price of bitcoins will only rise then my best optuons is to buy more bitcoins at the cheaper price of $300 and wait for it to double or triple the profit I will get.
stuff0577

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

More stuff will come.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 12:04:52 AM

I'm salary in receiving bitcoin  and I always sell but I kept a small amount on my pocket for savings. $300 would be great as I can have some for other investments.  Grin

DAILAI Peer-to-peer micro transport services
TheGr33k

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:22:36 AM

I'm salary in receiving bitcoin  and I always sell but I kept a small amount on my pocket for savings. $300 would be great as I can have some for other investments.  Grin

How do you receive your salary in bitcoins? That sounds like something I would be interested in because for now I am stuck with buying small amounts of bitcoin at a time.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:29:06 AM

None. It's not exactly an earth shattering amount by any means. I'll keep on trucking.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:42:06 AM

i won't do anything as $300 isn't exactly what i am waiting for. if you said what would we do if the price goes to $1000 then it is a different story.
TheGr33k

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:05:46 AM

i won't do anything as $300 isn't exactly what i am waiting for. if you said what would we do if the price goes to $1000 then it is a different story.

Yeah, I wouldn't even be surprised if I woke up tomorrow and the price was $300, although I would be hoping for upwards momentum.. I wouldn't be impressed.
Even at $1000/BTC it's not something we haven't seen before.

I'd be more worked up over $3000/BTC
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:06:50 AM

If the price goes up to 300$, I will wait even more until it reaches to 350$ before I will try to sell some of my coins. The rest I will keep and hold until there is another price raise that will happen.
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:31:32 AM

i will sell 50% of my bitcoin Smiley
and hold 50% of it, better i have $ because if the price down again to 200$ i can buy more and get some profit
TheGr33k

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:33:13 AM

i will sell 50% of my bitcoin Smiley
and hold 50% of it, better i have $ because if the price down again to 200$ i can buy more and get some profit

I think you should hold on for more dramatic price turns, because that's when all the fun is had.. Unless you're an avid trader and regularly bounce around balances.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:03:12 AM

once Bitcoin starts increasingly becoming part of people's investment portfolios, crazy things are going to happen.  firms will start buying and holding, and there's only 21m btc to go around.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: