Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:50:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-e.com is a scam  (Read 12162 times)
scammedbybtce

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:53:39 PM

see the parallel discussion in this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1739698.200

they really have standard procedures to keep people waiting and lazy:

1. get asked by btc-e to provide transaction history
2. get asked to create and verify account with xbtce
3. xbtce asks for ID and proof of address
4. xbtce asks for notary certified ID and proof of address as well as income statement from my employer as "proof of income"
5. ask to send all the notary certified documents to a shady address in Malaysia
6. if you even sent that they ask to send also notary certified bank documents with the original transactions to that address

Not sure if anyone already got to "level 7" and how many levels they think of.

...not funny...

sooner or later they will get what they deserve.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:01:31 PM

Word on the street is that the BTC-e has gone down, and that at least a couple of people involved in the site have been arrested. Information is still coming in, but you can find a couple of articles online, such as: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-idUSKBN1AB1OP

Sorry to everyone who has money tied up there :/

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:19:09 PM

Btc-e is one of the very biggest btc-exchanges that exist.
Since many years.
There had been complains about slow support.

There are and were scam-exchanges, but btc-e definately is not.

No i am not paid by them...

Well we will see whats happen a cuople days or during timeline ..

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:41:20 PM

Love it. Thank you, authorities, for taking down these scammers.

Danos

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 12:00:22 AM

They used to have skype support back in the years, what happen to that ? Is it still reachable ?

oxygen88

Activity: 306

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:25:01 PM

the site seems to have shut down
TravisH

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:44:56 PM

Justice is being served. I hope this piece of shit get his ass raped in our shity American prisons. It's great cuz he's gonna be in our country and we can finally sue this piece of shit. Can't get blood from a stone but fuck it. It's totally worth getting to face this asshole in a court room.
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:17:51 AM

[...] if this is true i will withdraw all my coin and close my account......

Sorry, too late... "Error 525"

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
TucoRamirez

Activity: 330
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:41:13 AM

Justice is being served. I hope this piece of shit get his ass raped in our shity American prisons. It's great cuz he's gonna be in our country and we can finally sue this piece of shit. Can't get blood from a stone but fuck it. It's totally worth getting to face this asshole in a court room.

yes, that is an unfortunate reality of American prisons. 

still strange how America can pick up anyone from anywhere in the world and fly them straight to Gitmo if they want.  and they fight for the whole world's liberty.

by the way, for all of you who have your funds stuck with btc-e,  have a look at what mr. vinnik did when faced with a similar issue with his funds.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85977.msg1037908#msg1037908
mr.relax

Activity: 1651
Merit: 863

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:50:59 AM

Up to now its not really clear what happened.
Who took the funds? If they were taken?
The Authorities? then they are to blame for the loss.
Who did launder funds from mtgox?
Users deposited and sold them?
Lets be serious, on any BTC exchange, black money is circulating, and on any bank cash from drug deals are circulating.

I am not ready to make any accusations before truth is not out.

But its also interesting, USA may arrest foreign people if they dont follow the US-Rules.
Did BTC-e break local rules, wherever there local base was...

And after all, is it justified to throw people to prison for 55years, who did not murder?
Just want to remember, that in the last Iraq war, 100 000nds of people were killed in a war that was agressively made by US, all done with lies.
How many years should a warlord Bush sit for that crime? 100million years, would that be fair compared to this threat of 55years?

Dont wanna justify scams. If they happened at btc-e, thats not excusable. 

Trade across blockchains DECENTRAL : https://cutt.ly/rOSoDl
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:28:21 PM

[...] if this is true i will withdraw all my coin and close my account......
Sorry, too late... "Error 525"
[...] what does this means...
"Sorry for your loss"

It means you are too late to "withdraw all [your] coin and close [your] account"...

As said: "Sorry for your loss"...

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:30:21 PM

what does this means...

"Sorry for your loss"

funny and mean but the truth. folks with funds on btc-e should forget about it. They will never get a refund. Apparently they have just been fined $110 million for money laundering.
TucoRamirez

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:55:10 PM

what does this means...

"Sorry for your loss"

funny and mean but the truth. folks with funds on btc-e should forget about it. They will never get a refund. Apparently they have just been fined $110 million for money laundering.

paying fines with customers money has never been practiced in any legal system till date.
Danos

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 07:18:44 PM

what does this means...

"Sorry for your loss"

paying fines with customers money has never been practiced in any legal system till date.
Actually every single bank doing that... Paying fines with customers money...
That's why there is long term deposits which banks pay you % to work with your money...
Btc-e is trash by the way, since the begin

TravisH

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:09:30 PM

yes, that is an unfortunate reality of American prisons. 

still strange how America can pick up anyone from anywhere in the world and fly them straight to Gitmo if they want.  and they fight for the whole world's liberty.

by the way, for all of you who have your funds stuck with btc-e,  have a look at what mr. vinnik did when faced with a similar issue with his funds.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85977.msg1037908#msg1037908

He won't go to gitmo. He'll go to the same place El Chapo is at. Manhattan borough of NYC. And we didn't pick him up Greece arrested him with our help. He still has to be extradited. And we extradite as well when criminals flee to America.
TucoRamirez

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:27:28 AM

He won't go to gitmo. He'll go to the same place El Chapo is at. Manhattan borough of NYC. And we didn't pick him up Greece arrested him with our help. He still has to be extradited. And we extradite as well when criminals flee to America.

Greece picked him up at America's 'request'.  They wouldn't give a rat's ass about him coming and spending a few thousand euros in their country otherwise (they have enough problems of their own).  America, as usual, is trying to play 'world police'

That's why there is long term deposits which banks pay you % to work with your money...

actually no bank pays fines and says sorry customers, your money has been forfeited because we had to pay a fine.

they pay fines out of their own pockets. after them paying, customers still have access to their deposits.  unless they are running a Madoff, which I agree, most big banks today are doing today legally.
TravisH

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:15:26 PM

Greece picked him up at America's 'request'.  They wouldn't give a rat's ass about him coming and spending a few thousand euros in their country otherwise (they have enough problems of their own).  America, as usual, is trying to play 'world police'

actually no bank pays fines and says sorry customers, your money has been forfeited because we had to pay a fine.

they pay fines out of their own pockets. after them paying, customers still have access to their deposits.  unless they are running a Madoff, which I agree, most big banks today are doing today legally.

Actually our ring about being picked up at americas request. He was wantednin Greece as well for defrauding Greece investors. The scope of his Fraud touch almost every country and he is wanted internationally, not just by the USA, but by every county who has had citizens affected in the scam.
TravisH

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:43:54 PM

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndca/pr/russian-national-and-bitcoin-exchange-charged-21-count-indictment-operating-alleged
BOOOOM!!!!! Right there on the justice departments home page. If found guilty he will face jail, more fines, supervision if released one day (looking at 55 years in prison), and ORDERED TO PAY RESTITUTION to the victims of his crimes. Soooooo, to all the people who have lost hope, don't. The USA has got your back! USA USA USA!!!! MERICA!!!
Midas111

Activity: 772
Merit: 105

Close the federal reserve

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:18:03 AM

The timing is flawless from the governments position. they can hold the btc collect the bitcoin cash coins at 1{1 and return users btc while retaining the bcc. A caper on caper on caper. mtgox>btce>gov back to owners and the gov gets all the bcc!!! Then the bcc will be squandered on overpriced goods and tech for LE and the cycle is complete.

I enjoy working with the finest digital currency developers on earth
mr.relax

Activity: 1651
Merit: 863

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:34:26 AM

https://twitter.com/btcecom/status/891928666065707008

Does not sound like an exit scam.
Seems the authorities have the hot wallet.
So who did the damage?
Btc-e or the authorities?
Anyway, up to now this is only a posting, not yet the refund....

Trade across blockchains DECENTRAL : https://cutt.ly/rOSoDl
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: