Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash Codename Evolution  (Read 7202 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:53:45 AM

Kind of crazy folks are saying the masternodes are centralised though, there's over 3000 of them now and its growing all the time.

Go waste gamble on Monero Dice since this is the only thing you're good at over there.

Monero haters with no good but to cry*p*to here...should at least work on ur coin instead. Dash is way above you it is not the reason why ur doing so shitty on the marketcap...maybe it's because u and ur developers wasting time on forums and not doing any marketing *Unless you call spreading flyers on DASH presentations is actually PR/Marketing LOL* OR any development so you cry out loud on anything Evan and he's team does I bet if Evan says tomorrow I'll do xyz you will still be here saying NOOOO you can't do this because because ...we jealous.

i would just laugh about it if this wasn´t soooo sad  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed -->

I think each person needs to decide whether you/they are investing long term or trading short term.  If you are investing long term, then you cant react to every small piece of news,  that is probably going to hurt you, don’t react emotionally to what you read in the forums. Assess the situation and then respond, yes we are now open source, and someone found a way to skew the masternode payments in their favor and will probably make 100 or 200 DRK out of that, the problem has a very limited scope and is not worth reacting to, is not threatening to the network at all.  Evan will patch it and we move on. Only consequence a few masternodes will miss some payments while the patch is deployed, why is it such a big deal?

There is a new solution for payments already on testnet, this issue is really contained, it looks like someone will get a new PS4 out of it or something. Is that reason to dump your 100K investment? Think more before you act.

Fairly sure BagHolder010 doesn't really have a 100K investment.

I am sure you are correct, I was just putting some perspective out there for lurking investors and newcomers.

Please buy my order at .02 Mintpal because I am FAIRLY  sure you won't. I would be happy to get my BTC's back even thou BTC prices are down.

Another annoying delusion that people seem to keep sprouting on here is the "just wait" mentality, or "to the moon". As though we're always just moments away from some huge price surge or mass adoption.

Get real. It's a fallacy and you're living in dream land.

Every top cryptocurrency has done nothing but decline the entire year of 2014. That's the reality. There is less steam now then there was last Christmas and most that steam last Christmas was a bubble instigated by the Chinese.

Just my take on the situation

I look at it the same way but I'm stuck lol. I see the same people here talking and talking and most of them bought at what half a dollar? I've spent over $150,000 when price was above $10 because I thought to myself wow this coin actually have potentials because of all these updates from Evan unlike ANY other coin including BTC. I hate it when someone talks immature specially when they write your ignored very silly to me.

I kept asking myself how did BTC go from $5-7 to $30 & then up to $120...To buy 10,000 Darkcoins at price $50 is half million dollars. Who do you think needs Darkcoin more than the Chinese now, Most of us here live in Europe or NA and most of us don't have issues with showing our money to our governments in fact people here kept saying what kind of cars they wanna buy when price goes up? 

What I want from Evan now is to have a true marketing team in East Asia heavily in China and promote your coin because this group won't take us no where. Plus if Evan can't do the marketing thing let expert do it for you spread out; Evan looks like he's developing inside a basement of he's parents house!

Ohh and Jams  probably Josha since he can't come here again after he's mistake hhhhh

Wow so this guy had DASH on mintpal and spent $150,000 on dash when they were above $10 each?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:57:15 AM

I'm a long term supporter of Dash and whilst I ceased involvement some time ago for unfortunate reasons I hope the longer standing members of the community know that I still support Dash as a project.

However, the information about Evolution that has been released so far has left me feeling unexcited.  There is no meat on the bones.  I believe that the dev team are saying that further details will be restricted for a while for reasons of commercial protection which they are quite entitled to do. Unfortunately this doesn't quite add up for me.  

I look forward to reading the whitepaper when it is released. As it stands, the information released so far is uncharacteristically vague compared to the innovation announcements that the Dash team have made over previous years.  There are perfectly reasonable explanations for this but for the first time in a long time I'm not completely sold on what is going on.

It certainly took you long enough to notice the things that vertoe called "fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity."  But better late than never.

As for Evan Scamfield's ostensible "reasons of commercial protection," Nick Szabo already busted that myth, long ago.

Anybody who
         thinks they can flesh out a protocol in secret and then
         deploy it, full-blown and working, is in for a world of
         hurt."
         [Nick Szabo, 1993-8-23] 

Nick Szabo the prophet?  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:25:48 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 06:29:07 AM by r0ach

Duffield needs to rethink his extreme compound interest node system.  The Hobonickel and it's interest were considered kind of sketchy, and it's nowhere near as sketchy as Dash.  For coins like the Hobonickel, you got huge interest if nobody staked, but it goes down to like 1% if everyone stakes.  The stakers and miners are also all competing for the same pie with no distinction between the two.  In Dashcoin, you have tons of people staking, yet everyone appears to be making huge gains.  Something doesn't quite add up here.

In the Hobonickel, someone gaining more stake just increased their mining power, but giving people huge compound interest in Dashcoin is completely different because they're constantly manufacturing new Sybil nodes, thus hurting the integrity of the system.  I'm not going to pretend any system is fully Sybil resistant, but if people want Sybil nodes, you should at least force them to pay for it in the form of mining expenditure or buying on exchange instead of giving it to them for free.  

If you give people compound interest, you should probably be raising the coin requirement for a supernode, but instead, Duffield is talking about lowering it to 500, increasing Sybil count even higher? lol?  Is this coin supposed to be some kind of Sybil manufacturing plant?  The only way a supernode system can work is if you require collateral bids, meaning the top 1000 (or other number) of wallets that choose to lock stake function as the nodes.  There's not enough Sybil prevention in a flat rate system.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:07:17 AM

Lowering the amount of collateral is just one of many tools Dash can use if it ever reaches mainstream adoption,
another option involves raising the hardware specs of the masternodes. Evan just mentioned it to indicate we have
tools available to even scale up further if the need ever arises...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:26:41 AM

@ Othe

1. Investing 150k USD on BTC & DASH is my own choice + if I was in it for the money only I would've taken that free 14.5k I got from Mintpal scam and would not tell anybody about it.
2. You can read about my posts here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824211.0
3. I truly think joining any scam + promoting scam + paying to troll like XMR doing is not my thing I prefer to have peace in mind and ask God to keep me healthy because doing bad/harming others only comes back to you.
3. Instead of telling everyone else how bad of choice you made and preaching about ur own coin in this case XMR why wouldn't XMR developers work hard into developing their coin instead think of someone like me who can afford that much $$ to enter XMR it will take ur price from 0.0014 btc/ 0.34$ to at least .004BTC, and yes I buy straight up I don't put buy walls.
4. Notice that since October 2014 Dash reached way above the 0.02 levels so getting my money back was not an issue in fact it is play time for me to be involved in crypto and DASH was my choice because Evan and he's team delivers in what they say they will do.
5. I believe you wasted 13k XMR on Monero Dice and ur loling at me all you got is a gambling site + a game. Sure you will reach the top 5 crypto currencies on market cap but from the bottom with that silly development.
6.  Someone like me would never join you just because you are a BTCTALK spam coin.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 08:28:19 AM

I'm a long term supporter of Dash and whilst I ceased involvement some time ago for unfortunate reasons I hope the longer standing members of the community know that I still support Dash as a project.

However, the information about Evolution that has been released so far has left me feeling unexcited.  There is no meat on the bones.  I believe that the dev team are saying that further details will be restricted for a while for reasons of commercial protection which they are quite entitled to do. Unfortunately this doesn't quite add up for me.  

I look forward to reading the whitepaper when it is released. As it stands, the information released so far is uncharacteristically vague compared to the innovation announcements that the Dash team have made over previous years.  There are perfectly reasonable explanations for this but for the first time in a long time I'm not completely sold on what is going on.

It certainly took you long enough to notice the things that vertoe called "fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity."  But better late than never.

As for Evan Scamfield's ostensible "reasons of commercial protection," Nick Szabo already busted that myth, long ago.

Anybody who
         thinks they can flesh out a protocol in secret and then
         deploy it, full-blown and working, is in for a world of
         hurt."
         [Nick Szabo, 1993-8-23] 

Nick Szabo the prophet?  Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:16:05 AM

@ Othe

1. Investing 150k USD on BTC & DASH is my own choice + if I was in it for the money only I would've taken that free 14.5k I got from Mintpal scam and would not tell anybody about it.
2. You can read about my posts here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824211.0
3. I truly think joining any scam + promoting scam + paying to troll like XMR doing is not my thing I prefer to have peace in mind and ask God to keep me healthy because doing bad/harming others only comes back to you.
3. Instead of telling everyone else how bad of choice you made and preaching about ur own coin in this case XMR why wouldn't XMR developers work hard into developing their coin instead think of someone like me who can afford that much $$ to enter XMR it will take ur price from 0.0014 btc/ 0.34$ to at least .004BTC, and yes I buy straight up I don't put buy walls.
4. Notice that since October 2014 Dash reached way above the 0.02 levels so getting my money back was not an issue in fact it is play time for me to be involved in crypto and DASH was my choice because Evan and he's team delivers in what they say they will do.
5. I believe you wasted 13k XMR on Monero Dice and ur loling at me all you got is a gambling site + a game. Sure you will reach the top 5 crypto currencies on market cap but from the bottom with that silly development.
6.  Someone like me would never join you just because you are a BTCTALK spam coin.

1. You hypocrite attacked me for gambling, i just returned the favour. What makes your point totally absurd is that i won gambling: http://monerodice.pd.to/user.php?username=othe
    21835.8342592 (Total Profit/Loss)
2. Don´t care.
3. Doesn´t make sense what you say, maybe don´t believe all the bullshit here.
3. This point is twice, learn to count please. Like this? https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNero/raw/master/RingCT0.4_copy.pdf
    Believe what you want, your are too narrowminded to make up your own mind and already too influenced from others.
4. We will see.
5. Check 1.
6. I sure hope so. We discuss here as it´s a discussion board, if you don´t like discussions you should close the browser.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:47:37 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 07:18:31 PM by TPTB_need_war

Just want to be fair and let others know that Dash discussion leaked into another thread about regulation of "investment securities":

You'd pointed to Dash specifically at one point and I'd still argue the infeasibility of prosecution on that kind of scale, its at most 3.2k [masternodes] responsible for decision making at the moment but add third party services that allow any amount to take part in an MN and it's potentially every user in the system, add the complications of worldwide distribution, anonymity and hosting in countries with no such laws and its completely impractical to enforce.

One very incriminating question is whether Evan (and any others) conspired to instamine what I understand was basically greater than 50% of the money supply as of the time that the masternodes were created. And thus given the recent chart showing Dash's protocol is paying up to 50% per annum return on the coins locked up while running a masternode, then it means basically their conspiratorial group could control greater than 50% of the masternodes and money supply right now, and thus very much control the coin. If it ever goes to court then most certainly forensic evidence will be applied and I understand some others are fairly certain they can prove beyond any reasonable doubt the culpability. I haven't dug into that evidence so I can't offer my opinion on the veracity of those claims. And going off on that tangent of proving something about Dash is off-topic to this thread.

Notwithstanding even if it was impossible to prove sufficient control over the masternodes by Evan and other conspirators, it would still be the case that Evan and his group used funds extracted from the common share of the tokens in managing the common enterprise and the community follows their managerial control. Thus per my understanding of USA securities law, Evan's group is managing unregistered investment securities and thus are liable to be in prison for a long time. I really pity him at this point. Perhaps he got himself into something he didn't realize and now can't easily extract himself from it. Evan stated that he comes from the financial industry, so one would ponder that maybe he should have known better.

Unless Evan has connections with the SEC and others in the financial industry that can protect him, based on my recent research linked from the OP of this thread, I think he has a world of hurt ahead of him. I do believe the authorities are just letting these scams pile up on top of each other, so they can bring a wave of massive regulation once the economy turns down hard in 2017 or 2018. The authorities will become very motivated once the economy goes south.

I don't personally have any vendetta nor need to bury Dash with my words. You raised the issue, so I am responded honestly as to what I believe to be the facts as I know them.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:23:48 PM

Just want to be fair and let others know that this thread that has a warning in the first post to stay on topic (highlighted in red no less) is getting raped to pieces.
Please stay on topic or start your own thread guys..

To remind anyone with a short memory problem : topic is "Dash Codename "Evolution"
Could this be achieved ?
How could this be achieved ?

Discuss !

(Dash Evolution is Dash's next major upgrade v13 btw, No ETA yet and no specifics at this point either)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:24:57 PM

Just want to be fair and let others know that this thread that has a warning in the first post to stay on topic (highlighted in red no less) is getting raped to pieces.
Please stay on topic or start your own thread guys..

I didn't start the side tangent on the instamine. And one of your own stan.distortion came and posted that to my thread, so it seemed like a continuation of the side thread that was ongoing here. And I urged him to not continue that tangent in my thread (which is focused on general issue of securities regulation and not Dash's specific instamine issue), so I wanted to bring him back here where the discussion started.

Apologies. You know how BTT is. Chaos.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:34:20 PM

No problem, lets just all get back to topic.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:26:31 PM

Also I conflated issues in my haste. Stan.distortion was raising the issue of unregistered securities law in my thread. Actually in my interpretation of the (at least USA) law, the instamine isn't absolutely necessary to have a violation of that law. Rather there only needs to be that the developers are using funds taken from the common enterprise or shares in it, managing those funds they have received, and the community following them as managers, thus the developers become the backing for the shares providing reasonable expectation of future profits for coin HODLers. This would be the reason Dash and other coins with managing groups are probably in violation of the law (meaning jail time unfortunately for them).

So stan didn't bring the instamine issue to my thread, I replied only that the instamine isn't required to still have a legal problem in my view. My request to stan was not to discuss specific coins but rather just the legal theory, because I didn't want to make the legal theory thread into a flame war between coin proponents. So copied the quoted post over here, so that discussion could be carried on some where else besides my thread and it seemed stan had followed me from this thread to the other one. But really that isn't fair to assume. He just posted in this thread and my other thread.

So my mistake. I conflated. I am just too overloaded. Okay please continue back on topic about the Evolution upgrade coming.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:27:53 AM

So, now that we all are back on topic .. lets talk about what other parts Dash is planning for "Evolution" as it became clear
that the decentralised API (see screenshot post 1) is only part of Evolution. There were some hints dropped by Evan recentely
when he announced his development update :  https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/

Technical details of the system are quite impressive alone, which is what we revealed at Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam. However, that’s not really what is going to sell the system. We’re going to compete by making a new type of cryptographic currency that is user-focused.

All components of cryptographic currency are being rethought.This is intended to be a platform that the rest of the world can use without being scared away by all of the complicated cryptography happening behind the scenes. When a transaction comes into your wallet, it will say “Evan sent you 41DASH for Samsung 2005 TV”, not “41DASH from XrWaFt4YY3AevBoZWkmrQEYSAYwiUFodtB”. The later scares away a large percentage of the population, because it looks complex and feels unsafe.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:20:29 AM

I don't understand how you calculate the ROI to 50% on a masternode?  At most, if I catch good blocks, I'll see 18% this year, and it'll go down from there.  Plus, I have expenses, and time I spend working to keep them up and running and monitoring them.  And that 18% is because there were fewer Masternodes earlier this year, so the ROI then was much better than it is now.  So after expenses and before I "pay myself" you can cut another 6% off the top, and say I net 12%.  I'm also risking that the coins may not hold their value (which lately, they haven't).  But  you're clearly able to read minds so I know you know best Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:23:42 AM

Just want to be fair and let others know that Dash discussion leaked into another thread about regulation of "investment securities":

LOL, that was a leak, eh?  LOL.  Your information is extremely off and highly inflated

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:37:20 AM

So, now that we all are back on topic .. lets talk about what other parts Dash is planning for "Evolution" as it became clear
that the decentralised API (see screenshot post 1) is only part of Evolution. There were some hints dropped by Evan recentely
when he announced his development update :  https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/

Technical details of the system are quite impressive alone, which is what we revealed at Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam. However, that’s not really what is going to sell the system. We’re going to compete by making a new type of cryptographic currency that is user-focused.

All components of cryptographic currency are being rethought.This is intended to be a platform that the rest of the world can use without being scared away by all of the complicated cryptography happening behind the scenes. When a transaction comes into your wallet, it will say “Evan sent you 41DASH for Samsung 2005 TV”, not “41DASH from XrWaFt4YY3AevBoZWkmrQEYSAYwiUFodtB”. The later scares away a large percentage of the population, because it looks complex and feels unsafe.

And that there is the most exciting part, IMO.  Also, as I understood it, the wallet will be, basically, always up to date.  So if you save your original wallet, then months later, after using up your addresses many times over, you load that saved wallet, it will update somehow, with no lost information.  Thus your wallets can be on several devices and always be in sync with each other.  This eliminates one fearful way of losing your money. 

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:45:57 AM

More details about Evolution should be available at the Miami Bitcoin Event 21-22 of January 2016
when Dash is holding a presentation there..

Dash Evolution Demonstration / Phase III
https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/
We will demonstrate what our new technology is about, how it works and why it’s a huge leap ahead of anything else that exists presently.

till then its just hanging in there, trying to absorb as many hints that get leaked as possible.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:19:08 AM

I don't understand how you calculate the ROI to 50% on a masternode?  At most, if I catch good blocks, I'll see 18% this year...

It was a table published by Evan recently. I believe it required some months of vesting to reach that level and apparently there are two levels with one of the level is double ROI the other and I've read some debate in this thread about how those who get the doubled rate is some mystery and could probably be gamed by those who control the other masternodes. I let the non-dumb investor figure out on their own, the obvious implication.

LOL, that was a leak, eh?  LOL.

Leak meaning seeping from this thread into the other thread, not meaning a leak of secret information.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:40:32 AM

I don't understand how you calculate the ROI to 50% on a masternode?  At most, if I catch good blocks, I'll see 18% this year...

It was a table published by Evan recently. I believe it required some months of vesting to reach that level and apparently there are two levels with one of the level is double ROI the other and I've read some debate in this thread about how those who get the doubled rate is some mystery and could probably be gamed by those who control the other masternodes. I let the non-dumb investor figure out on their own, the obvious implication.

LOL, that was a leak, eh?  LOL.

Leak meaning seeping from this thread into the other thread, not meaning a leak of secret information.

You're sure you don't mean double payment? It's part of the payment calcs that can result in receiving 2 masternode payments in succession. I'm not sure how it got in there, it may have been a harmless bug that got left in or it could have been an intended feature but it can't be gamed and it's a nice surprise for masternode operators, a 1 in 100 chance and it balances out across the network.

we call it the lottery  Grin So we either get the lottery or we get a few extra days of waiting on MN payments .. both are rare occurrences.

anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:42:05 AM

theres lots of sites which wear the dark coin and this implementation of dash its like a new coin no i mean every wallert of dark will remain dark and dash can be traded no and mined soo nice...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: