Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:42:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which proposal do you support?
Proposal 1 - 3 (37.5%)
Proposal 2 - 0 (0%)
Proposal 3 - 4 (50%)
Others - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Discussions  (Read 830 times)
el kaka22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:50:40 AM

Lately I've seen plenty of threads about Satoshi, some are in 'Bitcoin Discussion' board,  some are in 'Beginners and Help' board, and some are in 'Off-topic' board. Those threads bin Beginners board asking who satoshi is are fine, however some of the threads in 'Bitcoin discussion' board went off-topic.
Also as the threads are spread in different boards (I've even seen a thread about satoshi in altcoin boards), people may found it difficult when doing research on satoshi.
So I'll make 3 proposals here. Please vote or express what you think about this.
1. Add a 'Satoshi Discussion' board as a child board of Bitcoin Discussion/Off-topic/Beginners and Help
2. Move all of them to off-topic/Bitcoin Discussion
3. Keep them as what they are now

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 11:34:26 AM

Thought question, is the person that made bitcoin possible off topic to bitcoin? Probably, because these threads are not about the work, but the person itself.

I dont think there are enough thread to create a special section though, but considering the number of Mt.Gox threads I wondered whether a bitcoin history board might be in order. Sastoshi Threads would fit in there as well as Mt.Gox threads, but I am not sure whether those topics are discussed enough for a new subboard.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:15:42 PM

Thought question, is the person that made bitcoin possible off topic to bitcoin? Probably, because these threads are not about the work, but the person itself.

I dont think there are enough thread to create a special section though, but considering the number of Mt.Gox threads I wondered whether a bitcoin history board might be in order. Sastoshi Threads would fit in there as well as Mt.Gox threads, but I am not sure whether those topics are discussed enough for a new subboard.

I agree in this. I myself has my interest in the history of bitcoin. If there would be a sub section for it then it will be helpfull. Also the satoshi thread is where I also vote to move all the topics related to satoshi if there will be any such.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:23:53 PM

Please add "none of the above" , that would be my vote .
We see a lot of threads about Satoshi lately and most of them are "Is Satoshi a girl" "Is Satoshi dead" "who is satoshi" and those usual questions which really become boring after a while ...
Satoshi was able to hide himself/herself for six years now and people should know that there is no way in hell that they will know who is he unless he decide to reveal his identity using a signed message from one of his addresses (otherwise it's fake) .. Till then all topics about him should be removed/banned because I don't see the point of making two billion thread about one subject and that's just my opinion of course.

and this should show you how much thread there is :  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=satoshi+identity+bitcointalk (click show more results from bitcointalk.org)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 06:26:24 PM

4- move all of them to archival & an admin make a unique post about satoshi (bitcoin discussion ?) telling what they know about him until now.
After that all new topics related to satoshi should get removed.

Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 06:49:03 PM

4- move all of them to archival & an admin make a unique post about satoshi (bitcoin discussion ?) telling what they know about him until now.

No, that wouldn't work and wouldn't be done. For all questions everyone could possibly think up about Satoshi to be put into a single thread would be unreasonable and unrealistic. Better for newbies to ask individual questions about Satoshi and be answered.

I voted 3. There aren't many threads about Satoshi; plus, most of the threads pertain to the section they are in. AFAIK if they go off topic then report a few posts there and let the mods handle it. If nothing happens to them, then the staff obviously think otherwise.

el kaka22 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:05:41 PM

I have added others in the voting option.

I agree in this. I myself has my interest in the history of bitcoin. If there would be a sub section for it then it will be helpfull. Also the satoshi thread is where I also vote to move all the topics related to satoshi if there will be any such.
You signature spammer are agreeing something you disagree! Shorena disagreed on creating a new board about satoshi while you agree. Please read it more carefully before you spam.
Why they needed to move to archival? That board are for old stuffs, however questions on satoshi arises everyday. That's why I think there is a need for consolidating all threads about satoshi to avoid duplicate threads asking the same thing.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:13:40 PM

I have added others in the voting option.

You signature spammer are agreeing something you disagree! Shorena disagreed on creating a new board about satoshi while you agree. Please read it more carefully before you spam.
Why they needed to move to archival? That board are for old stuffs, however questions on satoshi arises everyday. That's why I think there is a need for consolidating all threads about satoshi to avoid duplicate threads asking the same thing.

Sorry about that, what I mean here is I agree on shoreena's thought of the bitcoin history board. Not the satoshi board. Shorena said that if there will be a bitcoin history board the satoshi stuffs will be discussed in there. I had to agreee on that. Got my point?

It must've been my mistake of choosing the words properly to express myself.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 04:29:13 PM

What i mean is to create a unique topic about satoshi where you can discuss everything related to him and in that topic one of the admins/old members can make a summary including the maximum of informations we know about him.
So after that we won't need several topics in many subs  Wink

Shibashi Nikamoto

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:39:49 PM

Sometimes the Satoshi discussions are related with BTC.

For example, if it is discovered that Satoshi is and NSA agent or a criminal or Neil deGrasse Tyson of course BTC would be affected.

So I think it is not a good idea put all Satoshi threads in off topic as a rule

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition
el kaka22 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:22:49 PM

I have just checked the results, and the proposal 3 is leading for just 1 vote. I'll keep the voting open for a week from now.
Sometimes the Satoshi discussions are related with BTC.

For example, if it is discovered that Satoshi is and NSA agent or a criminal or Neil deGrasse Tyson of course BTC would be affected.

So I think it is not a good idea put all Satoshi threads in off topic as a rule
And that's why a board for 'satoshi discussion' is needed. Looking forward for it (but I definitely think signature campaigns won't pay for that board Grin).

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: