Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:23:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about pigs and Islam  (Read 1219 times)
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:38:39 PM

Is this a very bad thing according to Islam?

Just curious.

http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/009917.html

Editing Pig Genomes To Grow Transplant Organs For Humans

CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing technology was used to disable 62 porcine endogenous retroviruses (PERVs), which it is feared could cause diseases in humans if pig organs were transplanted into humans.

Geneticist George Church has co-founded a company that is developing genetically modified pigs to grow organs for human transplant.

They did additional editing to reduce the threat of human immune response to pig antigens. Pretty cool stuff.

What ought to be done as well: additional editing to make the pig organs age more slowly. That way the transplanted organs will last longer. Domestic farm pigs only live 6 to 10 years. Those pigs grow to 500+ pounds. The miniature pigs live 15 to 20 years and grow to 32-75 lb. Still rather short-lived. Moderate sized pigs between those two sizes also have life expectancies between those two sizes.

How to make pigs live longer? We need to discover a large number of genetic variants that enable humans to live longer, find corresponding locations in pig genomes, and edit those locations.

We need to gradually reword the pig genome to be much more like the human genome: much longer lasting parts, no immune incompatibilities, no embedded virus dangers. Also, take a lesson from elephants and add more copies of the p53 gene to slash cancer risk.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 10:31:38 PM

Let me put it this way, Islamists are going to make PETA look like minor pranksters if they ever get wind of that research and find out who is doing this.
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:02:09 PM

Let me put it this way, Islamists are going to make PETA look like minor pranksters if they ever get wind of that research and find out who is doing this.

Seriously.

I have no clue what they would think about this.

It's not related to eating pigs.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:01:23 AM

Seriously.

I have no clue what they would think about this.

It's not related to eating pigs.
i suppose they could do it with a halal camel Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
they will feel closer to home then Cheesy Cheesy
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:08:00 AM

I hear the pork is unclean for islam , because it comes from a pig, which is an unsanitary animal. islam allows the eating of clean animals such as cows and chicken etc.

BitHappy24

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:46:29 AM

I hear the pork is unclean for islam , because it comes from a pig, which is an unsanitary animal. islam allows the eating of clean animals such as cows and chicken etc.

This part is true from what I've been told
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 07:52:39 AM

If it came from a pig and they're mixing in human DNA they won't give a fuck if it's just for meat and they don't eat it, they'll see it as an abomination because people are mixing the DNA with a human beings, that's what will cause them to go apeshit over it, I can see it a mile off.
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 11:32:54 AM

If it came from a pig and they're mixing in human DNA they won't give a fuck if it's just for meat and they don't eat it, they'll see it as an abomination because people are mixing the DNA with a human beings, that's what will cause them to go apeshit over it, I can see it a mile off.

I think you are correct but I'd like to hear comments from people that know the culture and the verses of the old book.

It's not "eating" it's "becoming", sort of.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:40:04 PM

When pig organs become a normal thing we'll just have less muslims in the world. People will live longer and muslims who won't accept these transplants will choose to die and go to heaven to play with their promised virgins. Simple Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:05:06 PM

WTF is this guy thinking.  Stop wasting time on this and genetically modify pigs to produce more and leaner bacon.

The world has too many people already.  Saving them is like hitting mother earth in the junk with a hammer.

Bacon, I tell ya.....
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:06:11 PM

Oh, and I don't care what Islam thinks.  The fundamentalists in that religion have proven themselves beyond a reasonable doubt to be certifiably insane, so their opinions on anything don't matter any more than the ramblings of any other village idiot...
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:36:01 PM

There was talk about muslims being offended by piggy banks.
So I guess they do have something against pigs.  Tongue
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 03:45:04 PM

I think you are correct but I'd like to hear comments from people that know the culture and the verses of the old book.

You know what I mean though right? The thought of mixing a pigs DNA with a human's will disgust them even if it's not eating.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:54:12 PM

WTF is this guy thinking.  Stop wasting time on this and genetically modify pigs to produce more and leaner bacon.

The world has too many people already.  Saving them is like hitting mother earth in the junk with a hammer.

Bacon, I tell ya.....

Right! And genetically modify the pigs to kill off all the other edible animals in the world, so that all the Islamites starve to death.

Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:15:45 PM

You know what I mean though right? The thought of mixing a pigs DNA with a human's will disgust them even if it's not eating.

I won't eat ants, eels, etc but some people love them.   Now would I care if some seriously great medicine came from an eel?  No.  I'd take it.

But hey other people are different.

I think the reason this has came up is that pig dna is the closest to human.

designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:50:19 PM

Muslims do not like pigs basically for no reason. My own family member who was Muslim once said "they say pigs are dirty and eating poo, so what about chicken? They do same."
So it is just ironic.
tom555

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:46:31 PM

dont too objective, lets see the affect of that genomes,and may be it the only way.
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 05:54:25 PM

Muslims do not like pigs basically for no reason. My own family member who was Muslim once said "they say pigs are dirty and eating poo, so what about chicken? They do same."
So it is just ironic.

lol Seriously? Its Hram, Because Of Few main and Big Reason
1. The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef
2. When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
3. When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.
4. Qur'an, Holy book of Muslims also prohibits consumption of pork.

and Many More reason

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:31:22 AM

So it is just ironic.

1. The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef
2. When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
3. When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

and Many More reason
But THAT'S NOT the question.  Here is the question, again.

Is this a very bad thing according to Islam?

Just curious.

http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/009917.html

Editing Pig Genomes To Grow Transplant Organs For Humans

CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing technology was used to disable 62 porcine endogenous retroviruses (PERVs), which it is feared could cause diseases in humans if pig organs were transplanted into humans.

Geneticist George Church has co-founded a company that is developing genetically modified pigs to grow organs for human transplant.

They did additional editing to reduce the threat of human immune response to pig antigens. Pretty cool stuff.

What ought to be done as well: additional editing to make the pig organs age more slowly. That way the transplanted organs will last longer. Domestic farm pigs only live 6 to 10 years. Those pigs grow to 500+ pounds. The miniature pigs live 15 to 20 years and grow to 32-75 lb. Still rather short-lived. Moderate sized pigs between those two sizes also have life expectancies between those two sizes.

How to make pigs live longer? We need to discover a large number of genetic variants that enable humans to live longer, find corresponding locations in pig genomes, and edit those locations.

We need to gradually reword the pig genome to be much more like the human genome: much longer lasting parts, no immune incompatibilities, no embedded virus dangers. Also, take a lesson from elephants and add more copies of the p53 gene to slash cancer risk.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:55:37 AM

and Many More reason

If you are so worried about meat, you should consider vegetarianism.
Comes out top in all the factors that you have listed above.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: