Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: titan bitcoin  (Read 17700 times)
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:30:00 PM

Just give it up.  It is painfully clear that you either got scammed or are part of a scam.  If you are not the scammer, you completely failed as a buyer to do your homework before buying and you should move on and consider this a lesson learned.  I don't think there is anyone here who would have bought that coin with the Titan status page like it is, a status page you admit to not knowing about, a page that you can easily find by googling titan bitcoin.
Hellot

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:33:43 PM

2) we know the coin is this one: https://www.titanbtc.com/verify/vFZKfWyJ/    Surely you can provide a more detailed explanation of sale date, and if it was sold to anyone who has reported lost coins or otherwise requested not to load the coins. Is the 1BTC for the coin still in a coldwallet waiting to be validated by the original buyer?

3) what about that ebay coin? id like to know how that is possible. is it a "lost" coin?

For #2, Titan Bitcoin did tell us when it was funded and redeemed.  I'd also like to know more about the eBay coin that is advertised unfunded but don't want to contact the seller at this point.
Hellot

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:49:53 PM

Before I decided to ignore the thread, I decided to do a little research.

You specifically bought redeemed coins on bitcoin talk.  What would be the ods of you trying to make money on those specific coins?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551096.msg6042783#msg6042783

From User:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=81933

You paid .16 worth, while your offer was .08for one.  Your Feedback send was:  "Bought a (redeemed) 1btc titan physical bitcoin, silvergoldandbitcoin shipped the coin and it arrived as expected."

That user hasn't been active since August 03.  Nice waiting time before you decided to pull a claim since he is no longer after.

I just wonder (since it wasn't made public yet) if that was the person the coin belonged to.  Either you or Titan can confirm that.

Name:   silvergoldandbitcoin
Email:   bestofbitcointalk@gmail.com

Looks like that sale also included the certificates with the redeemed coins.  That seller also registered btcgoldcoin.us so we may be able to find out more information other than his gmail by checking archives.
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:34:31 PM

The one I bought "redeemed" had the sticker already peeled off. The disputed coin is a different coin.

I don't believe the "disputed" coin was ever redeemed, any more. I believe that, just like the Titan Btc website states, it is "not yet funded". I believe that Tim Fillmore has conned me out of a bitcoin.
Hellot

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:52:41 PM

The one I bought "redeemed" had the sticker already peeled off. The disputed coin is a different coin.

I don't believe the "disputed" coin was ever redeemed, any more. I believe that, just like the Titan Btc website states, it is "not yet funded". I believe that Tim Fillmore has conned me out of a bitcoin.

Show us pictures of the coin before you peeled it. 
Todamont

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:00:57 PM

I didn't take a picture of the coin before I peeled it. I did however, luckily, have a witness present when I peeled the "disputed" coin about 4 weeks ago.

I don't like being placed under suspicion because of Tim Fillmore's fuckup. Fucking Titan coin motherfuckers.
Todamont

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:05:56 PM

To me that's the most suspicious part of the whole thing. Tim's con has implicated me too. That's like a fucking *signature* of a con artist, that he tries to deflect and confuse the blame away from himself.

There is an *obvious* error in the Titan Btc database regarding the coin I hold. It shows the coin as "not yet funded". Tim claims the coin *was* funded. He's now in dispute with his own website over whether or not the coin I hold was ever funded. Yet he refuses to make good on this coin?

He's a scammer, it seems clear now.
Hellot

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:09:41 PM

I didn't take a picture of the coin before I peeled it. I did however, luckily, have a witness present when I peeled the "disputed" coin about 4 weeks ago.

I don't like being placed under suspicion because of Tim Fillmore's fuckup. Fucking Titan coin motherfuckers.

Let's be clear here.  You placed yourself under suspicion when you started this.  Anyone coming here and making accusations better be able to back them up or you risk equal punishment or negative trust.  You have come here on your own and asked us to pass judgement on TitanBTC.  You will be equally scrutinized.

1) Not having pictures hurts you.
2) Not knowing who you bought it from hurts you.
3) Having evidence of you buying an already peeled one hurts you.
4) Acting out and being irrational hurts you.

How about you start helping yourself.  We know you bought a peeled coin on bitcointalk.org and you've said that you have them right in front of you.  How about you take very good pictures of both coins, front and back of both coin and hologram and submit that here for us to review.  That would be a small start.
Todamont

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:13:47 PM

I placed myself under suspicion by holding a Titan Btc and redeeming it and then saying "hey WTF is going on! I didn't get a bitcoin!?"

No. Tim is the one under suspicion. Tim is the one who signs certificates saying he has funded coins, when his website shows them as "not yet funded".

Tim is the one claiming that a perfectly sealed coin with a tamper-proof sticker has been undetectably tampered, and I claim that it was not tampered with.

Tim is the one selling "physical bitcoins" that don't have private keys on them, and may or may not be actually funded.
Todamont

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:25:12 PM

Tim claims the coin *was* funded. He's now in dispute with his own website over whether or not the coin I hold was ever funded.
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 06:17:09 PM

I wouldn't wish the situation that Todamont is on anyone. 

I appreciate the support from those of you who have been happy with our customer service, but I also don't want this to turn into a string of ad hominem attacks on Todamont.

Todamont has a very valid concern, and I'm working with security auditors to identify if we're at fault. 

I wish that process could be faster, but it takes time.  We've ruled out the initial possibilities which led me to determine that this was a hologram hack, which we were not responsible for.  The investigation is still ongoing.

In the meantime, I've asked that Todamont to wait on reimbursement until we've finished the investigation.  I wish that Todamont wasn't hostile about the situation, but again I can't blame him for being upset and we, as a community, shouldn't either.

Hellot

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 06:31:30 PM

I placed myself under suspicion by holding a Titan Btc and redeeming it and then saying "hey WTF is going on! I didn't get a bitcoin!?"

No. Tim is the one under suspicion. Tim is the one who signs certificates saying he has funded coins, when his website shows them as "not yet funded".

Tim is the one claiming that a perfectly sealed coin with a tamper-proof sticker has been undetectably tampered, and I claim that it was not tampered with.

Tim is the one selling "physical bitcoins" that don't have private keys on them, and may or may not be actually funded.

You have provided no proof that you peeled that sticker and you have provided no proof that this isn't the coin you bought on bitcointalk.org previously.  Maybe you have provided this proof to Tim?
Todamont

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:06:29 PM

There is only 1 coin in dispute, Hellot. You are the only one confused about that.
Hellot

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:13:29 PM

There is only 1 coin in dispute, Hellot. You are the only one confused about that.

We'll see.  If Titan Bitcoin determines it's not their fault and you start crying again about getting paid, I'm sure it will come up again.
Todamont

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:15:19 PM

imgur.com/F3UH3fd

Here's an image of all 3 Titan coins that I possess. The one on the left is one I bought "already redeemed" with the sticker already peeled off. I don't have the sticker for that one. The one in the middle is the "disputed" coin. The one on the right is a 0.1 btc coin that I was able to peel/unseal and it had a private key, and I was able to redeem the 0.1 btc off of that one, no problem.

The one in the middle, I was NOT successfull in redeeming. After I peeled the sticker, in the presence of a witness, 4 weeks ago, I discovered it had no private key. Tim Fillmore then told me it was "already redeemed". His website, however, shows that the coin was "not yet funded".

Todamont

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:16:30 PM

Yeah. I'm gonna start "crying" to the district attorney, about a guy named Tim Fillmore that I suspect of securities fraud, and I have suffered financial harm and harm to my reputation because of his fraud scheme.
Todamont

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:23:38 PM

Fuck you for putting me in this situation Tim. Fuck you for making me defend myself to strangers who are accusing me of being a theif.

"not yet funded" fucking scammer
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 07:36:04 PM

Todamont, you're making a choice to subject your claims to scrutiny by bringing this issue to the public forum.  

Your choice to do so is what brought about the scrutiny of your side of the story, but honestly that need to "defend yourself" is really something you created.  

You don't need to defend yourself to me, because I've never suggested you're not telling the truth and I've been on your side this whole time.  I'm still on your side, regardless of how you feel about having to wait while we complete the investigation.  

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks because I'm the one working to make this right for you.

Fuck you for putting me in this situation Tim. Fuck you for making me defend myself to strangers who are accusing me of being a theif.

Hellot

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:59:44 PM

imgur.com/F3UH3fd

Here's an image of all 3 Titan coins that I possess. The one on the left is one I bought "already redeemed" with the sticker already peeled off. I don't have the sticker for that one. The one in the middle is the "disputed" coin. The one on the right is a 0.1 btc coin that I was able to peel/unseal and it had a private key, and I was able to redeem the 0.1 btc off of that one, no problem.

The one in the middle, I was NOT successfull in redeeming. After I peeled the sticker, in the presence of a witness, 4 weeks ago, I discovered it had no private key. Tim Fillmore then told me it was "already redeemed". His website, however, shows that the coin was "not yet funded".

Thank you for posting this.  Now a lot of us don't have to wonder about it.
Hellot

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:28:49 PM

I think Tim does owe us an explanation.  Last night I found an eBay ad for a coin that was advertised as unfunded.  Today that eBay ad is gone.

Last night and this morning when I looked up the code for the coin pictured on the eBay ad, it came up exactly like the coin that Todamont has.  Now when I enter that coins code bSe49yGd on their website, the site say's it does not exist.

I am calling shenanigans.

EDIT:  Todamont's coin also appears to show the same error "That code does not match any known coins. Please retry your entry."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: