Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: titan bitcoin  (Read 17700 times)
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:33:10 PM

At this very moment, we were running some commands on the encrypted DB and brought everything down.  The website verification is down for all coins.

I'll post here when its back up so you can see that coin ID in question. 

I think Tim does owe us an explanation.  Last night I found an eBay ad for a coin that was advertised as unfunded.  Today that eBay ad is gone.

Last night and this morning when I looked up the code for the coin pictured on the eBay ad, it came up exactly like the coin that Todamont has.  Now when I enter that coins code bSe49yGd on their website, the site say's it does not exist.

I am calling shenanigans.

Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:38:32 PM

At this very moment, we were running some commands on the encrypted DB and brought everything down.  The website verification is down for all coins.

I'll post here when its back up so you can see that coin ID in question. 

I think Tim does owe us an explanation.  Last night I found an eBay ad for a coin that was advertised as unfunded.  Today that eBay ad is gone.

Last night and this morning when I looked up the code for the coin pictured on the eBay ad, it came up exactly like the coin that Todamont has.  Now when I enter that coins code bSe49yGd on their website, the site say's it does not exist.

I am calling shenanigans.

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad I wasn't someone trying to verify their own coins, that is a scary error message.
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 09:03:18 PM

We don't normally do server work that requires intensive DB queries during the day because the encryption system we use encrypts the entire DB, and its pretty temperamental.  I made an exception today, because I'm eager to finish this work and determine whether we have any active security flaws.

We're putting some stress on the server to try to replicate a scenario where that "not yet funded" page can show up after a coin is redeemed through some fault of the Database server.  That's what killed the system.

My apologies to anyone trying to redeem a coin at this moment.  If you're in a hurry, please email guardians@titanbtc.com and they will take care of it for you manually.

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad I wasn't someone trying to verify their own coins, that is a scary error message.

Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:22:57 AM

Tim is now trying to cover his tracks and conceal his fraud:

Here is the same web URL, from a few hours apart, you can see, he's trying to scrub any historical record of this "not yet funded" coin in his system:

before my dispute with Tim Fillmore, President of Titan Btc:

imgur.com/jNOoZZU

after my dispute with Tim Fillmore, President of Titan Btc:

imgur.com/IQKzDD7

Do you guys believe me that I have been scammed by Tim, yet?

Hey Tim, I know my phone call to you on Sunday was real inconvenient, but I think that you will find that being arrested, indicted, arraigned, and convicted of jail time for securities fraud will be *even more inconvenient* to you. Get used to the idea.
Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:36:20 AM

I am sending a note to Ebay to preserve their history of that unfunded coin, that has been removed, because it was an illegal coin sale. For use in a criminal complaint against Tim Fillmore.
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:42:05 AM

The website's Database is still down at the moment, as the developer that set up that part of the system had to step away to take care of his family.

As I stated above, I will update this thread when its back online.  

Anyone needing customer service is welcome to contact us, and we're standing by until the site is back up.

[Edit] No coin states have been, or will be altered while the Database is down.  

Tim is now trying to cover his tracks and conceal his fraud:

Here is the same web URL, from a few hours apart, you can see, he's trying to scrub any historical record of this "not yet funded" coin in his system:

before my dispute with Tim Fillmore, President of Titan Btc:

imgur.com/jNOoZZU

after my dispute with Tim Fillmore, President of Tiatan Btc:

imgur.com/IQKzDD7

Do you guys believe me that I have been scammed by Tim, yet?

Hey Tim, I know my phone call to you on Sunday was real inconvenient, but I think that you will find that being arrested, indicted, arraigned, and convicted of jail time for securities fraud will be *even more inconvenient* to you. Get used to the idea.

TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:52:17 AM

You've really made a concerted effort to bring this down to the level of personal attack, but I'm afraid I must insist that you're still my customer and I'm still working to help you. 

You may accuse me of whatever crimes you like, but I will still work on this issue until we've made it right for you. 

Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:57:30 AM

Ebay confirms they removed the link because it was reported as illegal goods.

They also confirm they have a backup of this page, which is now evidence in a criminal investigation.
Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:03:27 AM

Why did you change your site to hide the fact that this coin is "not yet funded" Tim?

I call it as I see it, Tim. I see someone covering their tracks.
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 01:07:14 AM

I'm not surprised that they took the auction down.  We used to list coins on eBay in 2013 before they banned BTC related items.  At one point they were taking down auctions for stickers because they featured the bitcoin symbol.

The Chinese created counterfeits of our Titan One Silver coin in 2014, albeit poorly done counterfeits and without any hologram.  We regularly request that eBay take these counterfeit coin auctions down, so it is possible that they took that one down because of the keywords in the title.

The last time I looked at the rules eBay had set forth for physical bitcoins, they were allowing them to be listed in the eBay classified section but not in the auctions.  It's possible that the coin was listed in the wrong section.  

That may be outdated info though...so take it with a grain of salt.

[Edited]  To be clear, we did not request that the auction in question taken down.  We encourage Titan Bitcoin owners to sell on eBay as they can command a very nice premium there.

They also confirm they have a backup of this page, which is now evidence in a criminal investigation.

TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 01:13:50 AM

In case anyone is still listening to Todamont at this point, this isn't true.

We have not changed any information on our website and are not covering any tracks.  The website's encrypted database is currently down so it can't respond to verification requests for a few more hours while we get it fixed.

We stressed the database too hard in doing some testing this afternoon and I don't have the expertise to get everything back in order, so we're waiting on the next shift of developers to come in and get things sorted.

If anyone needs any coins redeemed or verified, just email us at guardians@titanbtc.com and we'll get you sorted.

Why did you change your site to hide the fact that this coin is "not yet funded" Tim?

I call it as I see it, Tim. I see someone covering their tracks.

Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:19:20 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 01:47:24 AM by Todamont

> We have not changed any information on our website and are not covering any tracks.

Tim, stop lying. I just posted two images of URLs on your site, showing obviously different pages for the same URL, before and after our dispute.

If anyone needs coins redeemed, just pray that your coin doesn't magically show up as "not yet funded", because Tim just took your money and sold you a physical coin with a sticker on it. Just hope he doesn't say "oops that one is already redeemed, just ignore the fact that our website says it was never funded!".

How fucking insulting. You offer to make good everyone else that holds a Titan Btc. Just not me, the guy accusing you of fraud because his coin didn't redeem.

All the sudden, right after our dispute, your system becomes unavailable to everyone!? WTF is this your attempt at an "exit"?

I described this situation to my CEO over beers tonight and his words were something to the effect of "That guy should leave the country, fast." Maybe he was right.
Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:42:06 AM

imgur.com/gq6YNn5

Here's the only pic I had up of the "other" unfunded coin. Is this the one that is a Chinese fake, Tim? Jesus, man, it looks so real. How are we supposed to know which Titan coins we can trust? lol

All I asked from you was to split the loss with me. You brough this on yourself. NOW, do you see the liability you have created?

TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 01:46:32 AM

The part of the website that shows coin states needs to query our database in order to function properly.  No changes have been made, save the fact that our database died as the result of the security testing we're doing.  

The error you're seeing is occurring because the main website can't find the database records.  This is because the database is currently down.

The website will be back to responding as it was previously as soon as the database server is back online, which should be this evening (PST).

I understand this is inconvenient for our customers and we'll have it fixed shortly.  

> We have not changed any information on our website and are not covering any tracks.

Tim, stop lying. I just posted two images of URLs on your site, showing obviously different pages for the same URL, before and after our dispute.

Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 06:03:55 AM

imgur.com/gq6YNn5
Here's the only pic I had up of the "other" unfunded coin. Is this the one that is a Chinese fake, Tim? Jesus, man, it looks so real. How are we supposed to know which Titan coins we can trust? lol
A chinese fake is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181783897939
or ... http://imgur.com/oOVpacj
There are probably more types, but that is the common one.  No holo and not even a flat back to place one.

All I asked from you was to split the loss with me. You brough this on yourself. NOW, do you see the liability you have created?
Spoken like a true scammer.  'If I can't get the full amount, I might as well try to get half the amount.'  'Send me half first so I can claim I didn't get it in order to force you to send another half.'

Titan wants to help you out with any legal action, but you clearly stated you didn't want to go that route?  WTF?  You don't want to go after the person that scammed you, so you will go after a company that had nothing to do with it?  I've seen such people fake falling in grocery stores.  Damn, I hurt my arm on vacation, but I will put up with the pain till I get back to work to claim I fell at work.  yada yada

Even better, you blindly buy a coin that you can't remember who you bought it from.  Tim gave you the email address of the original purchaser, but you don't want to pursue.  Why would you even peel it as you would have lost a big premium, but that doesn't matter (unless you suspected the coin to begin with).

You posted here acting completely surprised that the coin was 2FA instead of PKEY as if you had purchased the coin from Titan.  Hell, you even posted a rating as if you were surprised.  It was brought out that you purchased third party or multiple party.  Again, you blame Titan that it is 2FA (which is the default type upon checkout of a purchase of coins).

Todamont... You are amazing.  You just ramble on and on.  Kinda of like my now ex-wife.  Wanting to be right so much that she can't stop talking long enough to get a response.  You, like her, picks one thing, rants about it without a care for a response or listen to what other people have to say (right or wrong).

Tim mentions Chinese fake, and you just go on pointing out any coin just to get a response.  A true troll indeed.
Tim said there are about two dozen unfunded coins in the public (lost in mail, etc), which are marked as lost so not to ever fund.  You ignored the reason why such coins exist.

Tim mentions the site is down in order to do testing.  While down, it doesn't false represent any coin as funded (that would be a true issue), but instead, indicates all are in a state other than funded.  You blame the site for something after admitting that you never checked it.  You claim you didn't know of the site, but it's clearly printed on the label.

You claim to have opened the coin yourself.  No proof, but you obviously purchased unfunded coins from a seller that clearly stated:
4 of them still have their tamper-evident seals, but if you look closely you can see that they have in fact been redeemed.

None of your claims can be substantiated.
Had you been upstanding, you could have simply filed a claim and post to bitcointalk; however, you go on your tirade making accusations, verbal abuse, and threats.  Very poor communications skills in the least.

Why do you post in other peoples threads (multiple) instead of making your own?
How on Earth can you blame Titan for the number of mistakes you have made to get to this point, and continuing to make, is beyond me?  I feel like I am talking to a teenager.

I really doubt you have a personal contact at ebay to have confirm illegal goods.  You're still making stuff up as you see it.  And, it was probably you reporting it multiple times as illegal and they probably removed it simply not to have to deal with you constantly reporting and calling them incessantly.  It is REAL easy to have an auction removed from ebay (and craigslist) - competitors do this often.  And, Uhhh, of course ebay has a backup of the page/item.

Tim has handled his responses very well.  You should do well to learn from him.  I admit, I would have told you to screw off long ago.  Go buy last weeks lottery winning ticket numbers.

Stop buying redeemed coins and then wondering why you can't get paid on them.  Stop buying coins from people you shortly after can't remember whom you purchased from.  Stop accusing people without evidence of, well, anything.

I don't even want any payment on this coin any more.
Thank God.

Oh,
Merry Christmas

TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:36:34 PM

Our database is back up and running normally.  If anyone is still experiencing any issues, please refresh your pages as some IP addresses have changed.

While it was not directly related to Todamont's issue, in the process of doing this security audit, we determined why some coins that have been redeemed are showing the "Not-yet-funded" state.  I originally thought it was a simple data entry mistake on my part, but it was not.  It's an intermittent error in the process associated with redeeming a coin, in which the DB fields that indicate the output address of the redemption transaction are occasionally not populated correctly. If that field is missing, the page state reverts to the default of "Not Yet funded". 

I have a "patch" for the process ready, but I'll be waiting to apply it until Todamont has found a satisfactory resolution for his issue, as he's concerned that we're attempting to cover something up here.  When the patch is implemented, all 2FA coins that have been redeemed will correctly indicate their redeemed state.  I uncovered about a dozen coins that should be showing as "redeemed" but are instead displaying "Not yet funded".  This was not a security flaw, as much as it was an overlooked part of the process.  Intermittent problems are hard to notice.  While this issue is unrelated to Todamont's loss, it was discussed here so I'm addressing it in this thread.

To address Todamont's primary concern, we're 99.9% sure at this point that we did NOT have a security breach in our system/process, which means that Todamont's coin had the hologram lifted without the security seal being visibly damaged.  This has been done to many others before, but it was the first time we've seen it with our coins.  The 2FA coins are specifically designed to protect coin owners from this type of theft, as the redemption process requires an additional email verification step. 

In Todamont's case, he apparently didn't know what he was buying and purchased a 2FA coin thinking it was a private key coin.  As a result, he didn't make use of the protections our 2FA system provided, which would have saved him from this loss.

I will now be shifting gears toward supporting Todamont in filing a police report against the party who is likely responsible.  Because Todamont was the injured party, and not Titan, we can't file a report on his behalf, but we'll be supporting Todamont and encouraging him to do so.

Lastly, we would have not identified the intermittent issue with our page states if Todamont had not brought the matter to our attention.  This issue qualifies under our Bug Bounty program.  I will be paying Todamont an appropriate bug finding bounty, as a gesture of thanks for his persistence in bringing this issue to our attention. 

Anyone else is welcome to send us bug reports and we'll evaluate them on a case by case basis to determine the bounty amount (from 0.2  to 1 BTC).

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:22:46 PM

........  I will be paying Todamont an appropriate bug finding bounty.......

Get him to publicly recognise what a foul mouthed deluded child he has been first, or send it to his favourite charity. He will interpret the payment as vindication to continue accusing people of all sorts of bullshit, otherwise. Just my opinion. 
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 01:36:05 PM

I appreciate your frustration with how Todamont behaved in this thread.  Heck, I'm pretty sure he threatened me personally with physical violence, but its not my place to teach Todamont a lesson in this case. 

We're merely trying to fulfill our edict of serving our customer's needs.  A bug bounty is fair in this case, and it also represents a way we can help a customer out of a frustrating spot.  At the same time, it allows us to correctly avoid any implication that we were responsible for his loss.

All customers will get the same treatment.

Get him to publicly recognise what a foul mouthed deluded child he has been first, or send it to his favourite charity. He will interpret the payment as vindication to continue accusing people of all sorts of bullshit, otherwise. Just my opinion. 

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:53:33 PM

I appreciate your frustration with how Todamont behaved in this thread.  Heck, I'm pretty sure he threatened me personally with physical violence, but its not my place to teach Todamont a lesson in this case. 

We're merely trying to fulfill our edict of serving our customer's needs.  A bug bounty is fair in this case, and it also represents a way we can help a customer out of a frustrating spot.  At the same time, it allows us to correctly avoid any implication that we were responsible for his loss.

All customers will get the same treatment.

Youre a better man than me.  Lips sealed
Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:19:09 PM

I'm filing charges against you, Tim. For fraud and theft.

Don't trust Titan Btc. I was defrauded and robbed by Tim Fillmore.

I never threatened you Tim, I told you to stay away from my house because I was afraid of you. You're an arrogant bully.

You are in dispute with your own website about whether the coin I hold has ever been funded. You are going to lose in court.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: