Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202106 times)
OzbigG

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:19:04 PM

Two things. It's very unstable which means for business that hold it from transactions it's risky.  Still pretty complex to use  different types of wallets etc.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:24:48 PM

Two things. It's very unstable which means for business that hold it from transactions it's risky.  Still pretty complex to use  different types of wallets etc.
But some big companies they earnings are holding in bitcoin because there is a future and maybe there will be good profit but not all do the same as these companies and yeah it is the unstable price.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:30:06 PM

I think as a currency, it's horrible. Price stability is essential, otherwise you'll be facing wild swings in your spending power. Also, for micro payments, its not particularly advantageous over tradition bank systems. NFC Touch Pay systems have really made my life a-lot easier.

actually i prefer a price increase than a perfect stability, i would pay much less bitcoin for anything, so no price stability is not better than price increase it's only better than dumping, for obvious reason
If price is not stable it means that you have no idea of what your assets would be worth in the next hour as it can also go way down or rise high .
Currencies should not float more than 20% of their price or else it is only a risk not a plan or strategy to invest in it.
Stability is the satisfaction and price increase is just hope/greed.

what i mean is that a steady increase is always the best thing, better stan having the prick stuck at the same value, and certainly better than a dump
tennozer

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 12:37:21 PM

We as investors like it but this volatility is not good for regular people. You can't tell this to regular Joe, he doesn't have the capacity. At this point we can't do anything but to wait for bigger audience and lower volatility. That doesn't happen overnight, we should wait. Maybe in 2020 we can see more than 10 million people who use Bitcoin. Right now only less than 5 million use it.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:03:35 PM

Bitcoin is still very complicated to use for 99,9% of the people. Most users using Bitcoin are techy in any way.
Just need to explain what Bitcoin is to your grandmother and you will see why so many people stopping from using Bitcoin.
nichu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:19:57 PM

Its the lack of knowledge about bitcoin which is preventing people from using it. Let the word spread .it does take time since its still a new technology,barely 5 years old. Let see the graph when internet came into existence,how long does it take to reach the masses. it took almost ten years to reach throughout the world and another ten years to reach the average joe. and so this is the time frame we have to keep in mind with a ten year halfing. will see the change in 2020 and u will definitely see the difference 
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:49:41 PM

i believe when people stop using bitcoin,they have two reason :
- they have rich enough,and dont care about other payment.
- they feel hard to get and use bitcoin on their place.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:57:06 PM

I think people are reluctant because we still have problems like these:

Bitcoin exchange Cryptoine hacked - http://www.zdnet.com/article/bitcoin-exchange-cryptoine-hacked/

Cryptoine has been hacked and its hot wallets emptied - but the exchange blames a programming bug rather than a full-scale cyberattack.
But frankly there is no difference for the users really, what matters is that they lost BTC and cannot be trusted.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:03:58 PM

I think people are reluctant because we still have problems like these:

Bitcoin exchange Cryptoine hacked - http://www.zdnet.com/article/bitcoin-exchange-cryptoine-hacked/

Cryptoine has been hacked and its hot wallets emptied - but the exchange blames a programming bug rather than a full-scale cyberattack.
But frankly there is no difference for the users really, what matters is that they lost BTC and cannot be trusted.

But this will happen forever. Anyone can start their own exchange and then claim it got hacked. What people need to do is to learn that you should not leave your coins inside an exchange. If you really need to then you will need to learn with whatever information is required to deliver in more serious exchanges like Gemini.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:46:25 PM

The last pump of the price was a good chance for new people to use bitcoin, but now that the price is much more down this makes people to think to quit, sadly.

The price is up or down all the time. Some people will buy, some will sell. There is no difference. The most important is the adoption of the bitcoin.
Fiat money has ups and downs too, but the problem with bitcoin is that the price is not stable, people stops the fact especially today when the price decreased for - $70, isn't that scary?
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:57:54 PM

People trust into what they see and hold,the fiat has such interest because you have it on hands,bitcoin is just an online coin and one way to pay,one day bitcoins can replace the coins like euro done with all the currencies of each country.But countries will need to allow people to know and to use bitcoin whenever they wanna,and be able to pay with them.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:28:32 PM

People trust into what they see and hold,the fiat has such interest because you have it on hands,bitcoin is just an online coin and one way to pay,one day bitcoins can replace the coins like euro done with all the currencies of each country.But countries will need to allow people to know and to use bitcoin whenever they wanna,and be able to pay with them.

True. that is how people think now. They want somthing they can hold unto physically. That is the wrong idea of some people. Why they trust paypal more than bitcoin. Paypal is also an online money. Although it says it is in dollars. It is still online money. I can change my bitcoin in dollars too.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:56:10 PM

No paypal is just one way to protect your data from hackers ,since the paypal structure is based into security,atleast it should be,the merchants allowed paypal to be part of their projects,soo paying with directly with credit or debit cards very risky,paypal offers the same service but give their costumers protection.Paypal hanst a currency or their coin,bitcoin is both and well even with more security then any other way ,the volatility sure scares the most,imagine buy something at 0,1btc today and tomorrow the same thing being cost 0,05btc,or even 0.20btc,sure the prices should follow the market,but in the end merchants may loose instead of get theit profit.
goinmerry
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:48:31 AM

No paypal is just one way to protect your data from hackers ,since the paypal structure is based into security,atleast it should be,the merchants allowed paypal to be part of their projects,soo paying with directly with credit or debit cards very risky,paypal offers the same service but give their costumers protection.Paypal hanst a currency or their coin,bitcoin is both and well even with more security then any other way ,the volatility sure scares the most,imagine buy something at 0,1btc today and tomorrow the same thing being cost 0,05btc,or even 0.20btc,sure the prices should follow the market,but in the end merchants may loose instead of get theit profit.

Yes that might happen if you buy at the wrong time. More knowledge is needed before buying. Plus bitcoin have lower payment when it comes to sending money. I still prefer bitcoin now. I use paypal from the past but if you see how much you will lose just by sending it hurt my feelings.  Sad
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:53:51 AM

The internet itself was distrusted for several years before its use took off and exploded to where 80% of the world is connected to the net. Bitcoin will take off in a similar matter

With the internet, email made the common everyday man begin to understand it's potential. Because email virtually promoted itself... In all the schools, and offices world wide people were talking about this free method of communication and before too long the whole world wanted in.
goinmerry
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:04:43 AM

The internet itself was distrusted for several years before its use took off and exploded to where 80% of the world is connected to the net. Bitcoin will take off in a similar matter

With the internet, email made the common everyday man begin to understand it's potential. Because email virtually promoted itself... In all the schools, and offices world wide people were talking about this free method of communication and before too long the whole world wanted in.

Yeah that would be nice. But due to some bad history of bitcoin during its process where syndicates use this as their kind of payment people are still doubting bitcoin. And the government also makes it too bad.
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:11:33 AM

Some people that they have enough money of the world they don't need bitcoin and that is why the y stop using it.
Bitcoin also take time so for some people is not a good thing to do bitcoin.  Is nice to take some break of it and hold it.  I still like it am I am still using it.
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:19:17 AM

So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

i agree with that, the security is not good for keeping bitcoin online. to risky to save many bitcoins because hacker and malware that can take our bitcoins.
sbtctalk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:06:15 AM

They lack confidence in bitcoins, I guess? It's like if you were to choose from something you have been too familiar with for a long time and something that is new to you. I also think awareness is not enough because if they don't full understand what bitcoin and the potential of bitcoin with it's advantages, they really won't be interested in using it.

Lol

Our dad and moms will think it is currency for the underworld

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:40:18 PM

So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

i agree with that, the security is not good for keeping bitcoin online. to risky to save many bitcoins because hacker and malware that can take our bitcoins.

Yes my biggest problem with Bitcoin is that you can looseyour bitcoin if not careful, or someone may hack into it and steal it, and also if you loose your password, you’ve also lost yourearnings, so you need to be careful while making use of bitcoin or you will end up losing your bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: