Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2024, 02:45:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202118 times)
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:26:26 PM

the reason people having doubt about bitcoin is its instability, right now bitcoin is able to compete side by side
with fiat, but if the instability got worse bitcoin will not be able to attract any investor.

Yes, the price instability leads to afraid of using bitcoin. They are afraid because nobody would like to invest in such a “thing” they will lose their value worth over time period. or they think they will not gain anything from it, and it is a total of uncertainty. This is the main cause of stopping people from using bitcoin.

Yes, Bitcoin is a very volatile “currency”, you don’t know when it will rise and when it will fall, so most of the people are afraid of making use of it. While some of my friends are afraid that it might be banned and they will end up loosing everything they have invested in it. These are some example of stopping people from using bitcoin.
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:54:40 AM

Slow in transactions, people dont undertand nothing about what in the hell is a blockchain, media is trying to give a bad image of the Bitcoin, and the last and i think most important too many  humans are stupids and have fear to innovation
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:42:09 AM

the reason people having doubt about bitcoin is its instability, right now bitcoin is able to compete side by side
with fiat, but if the instability got worse bitcoin will not be able to attract any investor.

Yeah that is correct. But stability is said to be gain when it is being lead by someone with greater power. Just like the government. Fiat are stable because they are controlled by someone. Unlike Bitcoin, it is not controlled you have your own wallet and you can do what you want with it.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1209

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 09:01:12 AM

So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

I think ignorance is one of the main issue here even here in our country where there are already a lot of bitcoin atm and 3 companies exchanging to our local currencies many people here still don't buy i guess it will still take a few more years when bitcoin is very stable and 50% of the companies worldwide accept bitcoin

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██
███████████████████████
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄█████
██████████████▄██████████
████████████████▄████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀████
██████████████▀▀░░░░████
██████████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░█████
████▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░█▀░░░░░░░██████
████████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐██████
█████████░▄███▄░░███████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:04:15 AM

What do you think? For some people don't like new things like bitcoin is a new type thing to buy and sell.
Also there is just to many people that don't still know how to use bitcoin and what bitcoin is.
Vaclya

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:28:52 AM

I think it's the media that's stopping most people from using bitcoin. They shed bitcoin in a bad light and because everyone isso involved into the media, they believe whatever they hear through the media.
They don't take a step back and think for themselves. Bitcoin is not mainstream so if someone's neighbor is not using it, neither will the rest of them.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:01:56 AM

Its not doubt and all dude. Its people are not aware of bitcoin. Still we can see so many people near by your home also Who does not know what is bitcoin. And next  thing is less  adoption in real world business.Like Dell, Apple, Amazon and Etc.. they are doing Still Its need more adoption.
LarryHocks

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:10:53 AM

Its not doubt and all dude. Its people are not aware of bitcoin. Still we can see so many people near by your home also Who does not know what is bitcoin. And next  thing is less  adoption in real world business.Like Dell, Apple, Amazon and Etc.. they are doing Still Its need more adoption.

Yes indeed. Bitcoin needs a mass adaption to grow to it's full potential. Bitcoin is alright the way it is right now, but there are so many possibilities if just more people were aware that bitcoin exists.
Until then we have to depend on the media and ourselves to bring awareness to other people about bitcoin.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:35:58 AM

so many reason, for example: they got bored , they think they dont need bitcoin anymore, they think that bitcoin dont have bright future (i believe bitcoin have bright future)

i dont think so its true or i dont think so something is stopping people to use bitcoins or even people are not using it i have a faucet and you wont believe faucets have hell amount of traffic how ? because people ( new mostly ) wants to use bitcoins

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:38:43 PM

I think it's the media that's stopping most people from using bitcoin. They shed bitcoin in a bad light and because everyone isso involved into the media, they believe whatever they hear through the media.
They don't take a step back and think for themselves. Bitcoin is not mainstream so if someone's neighbor is not using it, neither will the rest of them.

I agree with this. The media is always only talking about bitcoins used for illegal activities or terrorist activities but rarely do I see positive articles wherein the uses of bitcoins are explained and mostly these articles are written by bitcoin users. There are some articles that just speculate bitcoins being involved in frauds and I want them to stop as this is the main reason many people refrain from using bitcoins thinking it's illegal.
goinmerry
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:47:01 PM

I agree with this. The media is always only talking about bitcoins used for illegal activities or terrorist activities but rarely do I see positive articles wherein the uses of bitcoins are explained and mostly these articles are written by bitcoin users. There are some articles that just speculate bitcoins being involved in frauds and I want them to stop as this is the main reason many people refrain from using bitcoins thinking it's illegal.

Yes completely right. Talking about lies in the newspaper and other communication the televiaion or radios. Maybe it is the government too that is paying them to tell lies about bitcoin so it can put down.
M83

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:31:48 PM

Personally I think the biggest thing stopping most people is that the Average Joe has no real need for bitcoin at the moment. Maybe it it gains traction at some point in the future and is accepted worldwide people would use it as a universal currency and wopuld save people time and money by not having to convert cash into local money etc.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:11:57 PM

(Elderly) People are afraid of new things and Internet money don't sounds/seems to be like real money.
Then offcourse we've got some issues with some bad PR (bitcoin being used for drugs).

Most media outlets even fight bitcoin in a very amateuristic level. In Japan for example the capture of  Mark Karpeles was presented as the capture of the CEO of Bitcoin.
Yes you read this right, it's untrue and meant to scare people.

Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:47:28 PM

Personally I think the biggest thing stopping most people is that the Average Joe has no real need for bitcoin at the moment. Maybe it it gains traction at some point in the future and is accepted worldwide people would use it as a universal currency and wopuld save people time and money by not having to convert cash into local money etc.

True half of the people don't know it yes. But now the focus should be on some proper marketing instrument being used.

TV commercials and usage, getting some major retails on board and off we go.
goinmerry
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:33:08 AM

(Elderly) People are afraid of new things and Internet money don't sounds/seems to be like real money.
Then offcourse we've got some issues with some bad PR (bitcoin being used for drugs).

Most media outlets even fight bitcoin in a very amateuristic level. In Japan for example the capture of  Mark Karpeles was presented as the capture of the CEO of Bitcoin.

Damn the media making bitcoin bad. And for those who dont think bitcoin is not true I hope they see how we are profiting from this money. And maybe they will understand what we are fighting for. They will not stop bringing it down. Or the government colonizing it for their own profit.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:07:57 AM

Maybe when bitcoin prices plummeted, people became afraid

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:16:13 AM

There are many answers to this question. My simple answer is that nothing is stooping people from using Bitcoin, but Bitcoin is not well know enough. That is the real problem.
mrcashking

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:37:03 AM

Damn the media making bitcoin bad. And for those who dont think bitcoin is not true I hope they see how we are profiting from this money. And maybe they will understand what we are fighting for. They will not stop bringing it down. Or the government colonizing it for their own profit.
why would they care about how you are profiting or not ? and they won't even care to understand ever.They are getting paid for what they are doing and they will continue this.
bitcoin is 5 year old and people wont invest 100 years wealth in it.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:42:44 AM

One of the most common issue might be the bitcoin value.

It changes a lot during a day or during the month which means it is not very stable.

Another thing i think is that there is no charge back and people are afraid and do not enough trust the sellers
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 08:47:58 AM

I think one of the problems we have is that too many people are holding and not actually spending,  so when websites do decide to accept btc they don't get enough sales with it to make it worthwhile.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: