Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:39:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202106 times)
jmintuck02

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:59:16 PM

I found one answer that one here didn't want involvement in BTC. He said that he wasn't interested and something about

technical geeky steps to get it and spend it. He is not that technical yet to be able to really dependably secure btc. When it

becomes more user-friendly, he could get into it. I  hope so.

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:04:33 PM

I think the answer is simple: for the vast majority of transactions for the vast majority of people there is no material advantage to using Bitcoin so why would they use it?

there is actually, but they don't know about it, because from the first tiem they hear about bitcoin they say "no that a ponzi, that for criminals that fro this etc..."

you can save plenty fo money with purse.io + bitcoin, this alone is the biggest reason to use bitcoin for now

The purse.io option is a fair point actually, though I would still argue it is still not relevant for the vast majority of transactions*; moreover any savings will be offset by the fiat->Bitcoin conversion costs, plus (never having used it) I assume there is a risk of exchange rate losses in the time it takes a purse.io transaction to be filled.

* certainly the number of times I use Amazon is only a tiny fraction of the total number of transactions I actually make.
blunderer

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:12:44 PM

I think the answer is simple: for the vast majority of transactions for the vast majority of people there is no material advantage to using Bitcoin so why would they use it?

there is actually, but they don't know about it, because from the first tiem they hear about bitcoin they say "no that a ponzi, that for criminals that fro this etc..."

you can save plenty fo money with purse.io + bitcoin, this alone is the biggest reason to use bitcoin for now

Isn't purse.io basically a way to buy carded shit with bitcoin?
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:16:05 PM

The thing is bitcoin still growing slowly,year by year,till the day we can walk and pay a coffe,a cake a clothe with bitcoin,paying less,as it should be,bitcoin will still and keep the place it is now.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:17:04 PM

The purse.io option is a fair point actually, though I would still argue it is still not relevant for the vast majority of transactions*; moreover any savings will be offset by the fiat->Bitcoin conversion costs, plus (never having used it) I assume there is a risk of exchange rate losses in the time it takes a purse.io transaction to be filled.

* certainly the number of times I use Amazon is only a tiny fraction of the total number of transactions I actually make.

all i know is i have already saved 30% on 40 euro sum, for 3 order already

if the price of bitcoin is dumped while you submit the order, you simply pay less, so there is no real worry about that

and i'm earning bitcoin directly, so i'm not worrying too much about that

what you mean? you can basically buy everything on amazon
blunderer

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:35:43 PM

How naive are you? Carders do the buying, that's where the "50%" savings come from. Check out some carding forums, you'll find better deals.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2po40d/since_my_house_is_being_searched_right_now_small/
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:20:39 PM

How naive are you? Carders do the buying, that's where the "50%" savings come from. Check out some carding forums, you'll find better deals.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2po40d/since_my_house_is_being_searched_right_now_small/

well that's obvious what is your point? you're example does not make sense since they buy form amazon

there is nothing fraudulent here...
blunderer

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:29:29 PM

well that's obvious what is your point? you're example does not make sense since they buy form amazon

there is nothing fraudulent here...

Purse.io business model is rooted in crime: carding. No carding -- no savings. That's my point.
Your seeing nothing wrong with profiting from criminality is exactly why Bitcoin has such a shitty public image.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:37:40 PM

The thing is bitcoin still growing slowly,year by year,till the day we can walk and pay a coffe,a cake a clothe with bitcoin,paying less,as it should be,bitcoin will still and keep the place it is now.

That's true, but we need to take a step ahead in order for this to happen...
A friend of mine runs a small coffee shop near my city, and has both options to pay via BTC or cash...
A person managed an event where he allowed people to buy tickets using BTC and they were given 50% discount on those tickets, just to spread awareness...
YOU ARE THE CHANGE, if you won't do anything, nothing would change... Wink

Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:39:36 PM

Yeah I wish we could just but something with bitcoin the store that they accept it.
I know that they are some that accept it, but not a lot.
Also it will be nice if we have more ATM for bitcoin, so we can just cash out.
sesiah

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:44:25 PM

New technologies which people in different parts of the world have never heard of
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:48:24 PM

Yeah I wish we could just but something with bitcoin the store that they accept it.
I know that they are some that accept it, but not a lot.
Also it will be nice if we have more ATM for bitcoin, so we can just cash out.

ATMs are way too much expensive when it comes to cashing out, yes I know that you can get your BTC instantly, but the fees are much more than if you go through exchanges like LocalBitcoins and Coinbase...

pogress

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:59:46 PM

Not when you shop at your local store where cash is best and this represents majority of transactions indeed. But when you start consider cross border payments and transfers, this is Bitcoin main advantage as other options are ineffecient and costly today - but your right these cross border payments and transfers are not used by majority of people, but Bitcoin is limited with number of transactions per second anyway so no big deal Bitcoin has no reason to be used everywhere and by everyone
UserVVIP

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:04:51 PM

nothign is stopping me. I love using bitcoins Smiley))
wikenpp

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:16:00 PM

Most people are reading negative things like scammers, criminals and bitcoin in 1 sentence.
This negative PR makes them frighting to use it. Which is why we see so many people ignoring it.
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:27:46 PM

From my experience, for most people, when I explain how to use bitcion and any benefit ot, I find it is just to complicated to use.

- How do you get bitcion?
- Well, easiest to go to exchange.
- Is it free and easy?
- Its not free, you have to pay exchange fees and usually provide full id to use it.
- oh ok. Maybe I pass then. Have no time for this.

- What is benefit of bitcoin?
- You are not censored by your bank?
- What do you mean?
- [Explaining how banks are evil]
- People have been using banks like for ever. I dont see why it is bad suddenly.

- How do I make transaction with bitcoin.
- You send some bitcion to destination adress, and then wait 10 or more minutes for confirmation.
- Why 10 min? Credit cards and paypal are instant? Is it at least free?
- Not really. You have to pay transaction fee.
- Ah ok, so I stick with my credit cards as I have to time waiting 10 minites for some confirmations.

And goes like this for ever.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
jmintuck02

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:45:11 AM

A friend of mine couldn't really understand it for some reason and just decided he was not interested. I felt bad for him.

He will be working at the c-store in chilly Canada all winter when I am in Florida in, likely, Naples, Fl USA all winter in 30

years. If it could be more widespread and not as technical, he may stand a chance.

lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:48:01 AM

it is ponzi matter.
people starts to stop believing bitcoin because they were scammed via bitcoin which could be easily prevented. Huh
if you are smart enough then you are safe from them.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:08:19 AM

it is ponzi matter.
people starts to stop believing bitcoin because they were scammed via bitcoin which could be easily prevented. Huh
if you are smart enough then you are safe from them.

Ppl are being scammed for fiat as well all the time. Its not like bitcoin is an exception from scammers.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:26:46 AM

nothign is stopping me. I love using bitcoins Smiley))

But does not aware of bitcoins, Once bitcoin reaches to all common people It will come and arise to the all category people. Still so many people near my location they don’t know what is it. When I explain about that. They didn’t believe as well. We should solve these things
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: